Nigga will steal yo stuff

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Sledgehammer-wielding robber busts NYC store window, steals $20K worth of jewels in wild video​

By
Tina Moore

May 4, 2022 4:17pm
Updated

Security camera captures Bronx smash-and-grab robbery

A sledgehammer-wielding robber smashed through a Bronx jewelry store’s front window, snatching $20,000 in chains and pendants, surveillance video obtained by The Post Wednesday shows.
Screams can be heard on the video from inside M & NP Jewelers on White Plains Road during the smash and grab around 4 p.m. Sunday – before a roll-down gate nearly ensnares the culprit.
A witness told the NYPD “three unknown individuals broke the store window with a sledgehammer” and “removed assorted jewelry,” police said in a statement.
The video shows the robber who wielded the sledgehammer shoving the baubles into a bag held by a second man. It’s not clear what the third man was doing, cops said.
00:00 01:28
1_th.jpg

The chains and pendants were worth about $20,000, cops said.

There were no threats or injuries reported.

Bronx robbery A thief armed with a sledgehammer robbed a Bronx jewelry store of $20,000 worth of merchandise. ellis kaplan Bronx thief The robber smashed through the front window and proceed to rob the store of chains and pendants.ellis kaplan Bronx robbery The robber was almost caught in the store’s front gate. ellis kaplan
The robbers took off south on White Plains Road in a black BMW, cops said.

A group of thieves stole about $50,000 in another smash and grab about 2 1/2 miles away in the Bronx in April. It wasn’t clear if the two cases were connected. The thieves in that case also fled in a black sedan.

The Bobster

Thieves target high-end consignment store in Upper East Side​

By
Griffin Kelly and

Melissa Klein

May 7, 2022 9:37am
Updated

Designer Revival
Designer Revival sells pre-owned Chanel, Gucci, Hermes and other brand names. Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post

Brazen thieves are not just targeting the Big Apple’s luxury retailers — they’re stealing used designer duds as well.
Designer Revival, a high-end Upper East Side consignment shop selling pre-owned Chanel, Gucci, Hermes and other brand names, has been a regular target of shoplifters, late-night smash and grabs, and credit card fraudsters, according to its fed-up owner, Tiffany Keriakos, who said crime is putting her business in jeopardy.
Just last month, a crook paid for $25,000 worth of items with a stolen credit card, and the store’s insurance wouldn’t cover the losses, Keriakos said.
And at 3:30 a.m. on March 30, three burglars broke the padlock on security shutters with bolt cutters, smashed the glass front door and made off with $30,785 worth of designer handbags in a matter of 30 seconds, according to police and security footage.
Other thieves defiantly enter the shop on East 81st Street off Second Avenue during business hours. One made off with a $1,500 Gucci handbag under his winter jacket in December and returned in January to do the same thing.
But an eagle-eyed worker spotted him and alerted a colleague, Nora Hatch.
Designer Revival robbery Keriakos said she is worried the thefts will eventually put Designer Revival out of business.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
“At first, I was just trying to be nice and open the door for him, but then my co-worker said, ‘Stop him!’ so I grabbed him and pulled him backward down the stairs,” Hatch said. “I was able to get the bags and throw them back in the store.”
The same man astonishingly returned in April, slipping a handbag under his coat.
Designer Revival Designer Revival owner Tiffany Keriakos said the store has lost almost $150,000 worth of merchandise in the past two years.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
This time, store manager Katrina Feil called 911 as she followed the recidivist out the door. She trailed him for 10 blocks and said she tried asking two police officers on the street for assistance, but they told her to wait for the 911 responders.
“They didn’t walk with me. They just stood there and acted like I was crazy,” she said. “I get it. They’re busy. That’s fine. But it was very disappointing to say the least.”
Early this morning, we experienced a break-in and theft at our beloved Upper East Side consignment store. Security footage captured thieves breaking into the store on March 30.Designer Revival
In February, police busted two men tied to a 2019 robbery at the store. During that heist, two men posing as shoppers asked to see merchandise in a display case, then sprayed an employee in the face with pepper spray before fleeing with four Chanel bags worth about $16,000, police said.
Consignment stores in Soho and on Madison Avenue have also been hit in recent months.
Keriakos and Feil said they are worried the thefts will eventually put Designer Revival out of business.
Designer Revival The store has been a regular target of shoplifters, late-night smash and grabs, and credit card fraudsters.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
“I’m on my third insurance company because of claims I’ve had to submit over the last seven years of owning this store,” Keriakos said. “In the past two years, we’ve lost almost $150,000 worth of merchandise.”
Since Designer Revival is a consignment store, it doesn’t technically own any of the items in the shop. Whenever a piece is sold, both the store and the consignor make money.
Designer Revival Employee Nora Hatch (pictured) has witnessed theft at the store firsthand.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post Designer Revival One thief made off with a $1,500 Gucci handbag under his winter jacket in December and returned in January to do the same thing.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
Feil said break ins and shoplifting have cost some clients.
“People want to feel safe when they bring their very valuable items to the store, so if they think their items are going to be taken, that can make us look untrustworthy,” she said. “On the flip side, we’ve gotten a lot of support from consignors and some new consignors who just know that getting broken into is part of having a store in New York City and have brought us more inventory.”

The Bobster

96-year-old Holocaust survivor finds ‘silver lining’ in NYC wheelchair theft​

By
Jesse O’Neill

May 6, 2022 8:51pm
Updated

An office at West End Avenue near West 73rd Street.
Austrian native and Holocaust survivor Eric Plan wonders why a thief would snatch a wheelchair "from a handicapped person." Google Maps

The 96-year-old Manhattan lying kike whose electric wheelchair was stolen from outside his doctor’s office condemned the crook for the outrageous crime — but said there’s a “silver lining” from Tuesday’s theft.
Eric Plan, an Austrian native who survived the Holocaust, told The Post in a Friday interview that he’s not really bothered by the loss of his $2,500 wheelchair, though he is questioning why somebody would snatch one from a handicapped person.
“I would say that stealing a wheelchair for the value of it, it’s not important. It’s an old wheelchair without much value in my opinion,” Plan said.
“But to steal a wheelchair from a handicapped person who is going to come out and obviously cannot walk, and has to face the situation to get home … It’s a very difficult thing.”
“It’s a very simple moral thing that shouldn’t be done.”
Plan said that he arrived at the medical office on West End Avenue near 73rd Street at about 8 a.m. and left his wheelchair outside as he usually does.
Eric Plan tried to find the 'silver lining' in the heinous crime. Eric Plan tried to find the ‘silver lining’ in the heinous crime.ABC7
“I park it by the door … because there was a strip and I couldn’t go in with the wheelchair,” Plan explained.
The senior was inside for a roughly two-hour procedure, and when he came out his wheelchair was gone.

Wheelchair Theft

Surveillance footage released by the NYPD Thursday shows the still-at-large suspect rolling down the sidewalk on West End Avenue aboard the stolen wheels.

Plan reported the incident to the NYPD and took a taxi home to his Upper West Side apartment. He plans on getting a new wheelchair, but said the extra exercise he is getting in the meantime is actually good for his health.

“It’s a silver lining actually because everybody is always telling me you have to walk,” he said.”

“I’m 96 years old and I have a balance problem, very severe. I can walk with a walker.”

Plan said he’s been overwhelmed by the community support he’s received since the theft.

“I must say one thing. Everybody was trying to be very helpful and it makes me feel very good. I don’t care that much about the value of the wheelchair … it’s an old wheelchair,” Plan said over the phone.

Survilliance footage shows the alleged thieve taking Eric Plan’s electric wheelchair on a stroll ride. Surveillance footage shows the alleged thieve taking Eric Plan’s electric wheelchair on a stroll ride.DCPI
“Even an organization called me up and said, ‘we’ll try to get you a new wheelchair,'” he said.

“I said ‘no thank you, but can you make me younger?,'” Plan cracked.

see also​

Mayor Eric Adams insists his campaign paid trip to Los Angeles will help fuel businesses to the Big Apple.

Mayor Adams justifies campaign-funded LA trip, shrugs off sinking polls​

“It’s typical for New York. When there is something very serious, people stick together.”

Plan came to the city in the 1950s to start a career as a land surveyor and said the outpouring of support he has received recently reminded him of the warm welcome he got when he first arrived in the US.

“When I came to New York I got a job immediately,” he recounted. “In America it seems a person who wants to work and wants to deliver something has a great chance; much easier than anyplace else.”

Plan was relentlessly optimistic about his new life in Manhattan after surviving the Nazi Holocaust, even as many of his loved ones lost their lives.

“I put those things behind me. Of course it’s in my memory, I lost my family and so on, but I don’t think too much about it anymore,” he explained.

“A person cannot live on and on [with] the nightmares [indistinguishable]. It’s over. It’s a new life.”

The Bobster

NYPD seeking suspects in brazen string of armed robberies​

By
Patrick Reilly

May 7, 2022 11:51pm
Updated

NYPD seeking suspects in string of armed robberies

The NYPD is seeking a group of men in connection with a series of brazen armed robberies in the Bronx and upper Manhattan.
The crew first struck on Sunday, April 24, when four unidentified men entered the Fordham Market on East Fordham Road and Arthur Avenue in Belmont around 1 a.m., police said.
The group snagged $200 worth of merchandise then fled eastbound on East Fordham Road in a black SUV.
The same store was robbed again the very next day, cops said. Three unknown men entered around 1:50 a.m., flashed a weapon and took $900 in cash from the register and $900 worth of merchandise. The robbers fled eastbound on East Fordham Road in a dark-colored SUV.

1_th.jpg

About 45 minutes later on the same morning, two men robbed the Grab and Go at 3920 Broadway near 164th Street in Washington Heights, police said. One of the thieves pulled out a gun before taking $200 from the register. The pair fled northbound on Broadway in a dark-colored vehicle, cops said.

Photo of robber Surveillance footage shows one of the people allegedly involved in the robberies. DCPI
One of the robbers involves in the robberies smiles One of the suspected thieves involved in the multiple robberies. DCPI

One week later on Monday, May 2, a 32-year-old man was approached by an unknown male after exiting a Bank of America on White Plains Road and Pelham Parkway in the Bronx around 3 a.m. The male showed the 32-year-old a gun and demanded he hand over his money. The man was able to get away from the attacker, who fled in an unknown direction. None of his property was taken.

Ten minutes later, two armed robbers approached a 20-year-old man as he sat in his parked car at 1000 Pelham Parkway, blocks away from the Bank of America. The armed men ordered the victim to get out of his car and stole his iPhone 12 — worth about $1,000, cops said. The thieves fled eastbound on Pelham Parkway South.

No injuries were reported in any of the incidents, cops said.

One of the thieves involved in the multiple robberies. One of the thieves involved in the multiple robberies. DCPI
Robber No injuries were reported from the crimes. DCPI

Video provided by NYPD shows a masked armed man in black clothing entering a convenience store carrying a handgun, which he aims at a store clerk. He’s followed by two other individuals — also with their faces covered and wearing all black. The third man enters and opens a plastic bag as they rob the store.

Police also provided pixelated photos of four of the suspected robbers’ faces as well as a black vehicle.

The Bobster

Man arrested in NYC smash-and-grab handbag robbery​

By
Griffin Kelly and

Melissa Klein

May 7, 2022 9:32pm
Updated

Exterior of Rebag NYC
The thieves allegedly made off with $24,700 worth of designer handbags from Rebag NYC in Soho. Google Maps

A crew of five thieves walked into a Soho boutique during business hours, and smashed display cases with a hammer before allegedly grabbing $24,700 worth of designer handbags, according to authorities.
Police chased down one of the alleged robbers — 25-year-old Ricardo Forde — after Thursday’s daylight heist at Rebag NYC, a high-end designer resale shop at 390 West Broadway.
Surveillance video showed the crew enter the shop about 4:50 p.m., and then shatter the display cases by swinging at them, according to a criminal complaint.
A hammer was used to break the glass, according to a prosecutor.
Employees and shoppers fled to the back of the store during the frightening scene.
A witness called 911, saying the robbers were seen leaving the store and getting into a 2020 black Jeep Wrangler with Forde allegedly at the wheel, authorities said in the criminal complaint.

When an NYPD detective saw the car and tried to stop it, Forde allegedly began driving against traffic on West Broadway. The car crashed into another car, and then into the detective’s vehicle, injuring another officer inside, the complaint says.
The detective saw multiple people run from the Jeep, leaving the handbags inside. Forde was stopped by police as he ran north on Sullivan Street, the court document shows.
He was charged with robbery, grand larceny, assault and reckless driving among other counts.
Forde was arraigned in Manhattan criminal court Saturday where bail was set at $25,000.
The robbery was one of several recent ones at resale shops that sell used luxury items.
It’s not the first time the Rebag NYC store had been hit: looters made off with $375,000 worth of goods in a June 2020 robbery.

The Bobster

Duo break into NYC jewelry store, steal over $100K in loot, video shows​

By
Amanda Woods

May 11, 2022 12:11pm
Updated

Video shows crooks smashing front window of Bronx jewelry store, stealing jewelry worth about $131,000 from the display

A duo smashed a Bronx jewelry store window with a large hammer before swiping more than $100,000 in loot from the front display, new video released by cops shows.
The black hoodie-wearing pair walked up to the Grand Jewelers on Grand Concourse near East 181st Street in Fordham Heights just before 4 p.m. April 29 – and one of them broke the window with a single blow, according to police and the footage released late Tuesday.
The pair then scrambled to grab multiple items worth around $131,000, including gold charms and plates, bracelets, rings and chains, authorities said.
Suspects break window of jewelry store The duo smashed the window of Grand Jewelers in the Bronx just before 4 p.m. on April 29, cops said.NYPD Suspects break window of jewelry store After breaking the window with a single blow, cops said the suspects made off with about $131,000 in jewelry.NYPD
Both suspects took off after the heist and cops are still looking for them.

1_th.jpg

In recent weeks, hammer-wielding thieves have stolen thousands of dollars in jewelry from the M & NP Jewelers on White Plains Road and M&N Gold Jewelry on Westchester Avenue, authorities said.

The Bobster

Man knocks mom, 4-year-old son to ground in NYC robbery: video​

By
Amanda Woods

May 13, 2022 10:12am
Updated

Video shows a thief grabbing a 24-year-old woman by the hair as she walked with her 4-year-old son in the Bronx

A thief knocked a 24-year-old mom and her 4-year-old son to the ground as he snatched a pricey chain off the woman’s neck in the Bronx, disturbing new video shows.
The mother and son were walking on Grand Concourse near East 181st Street in Fordham Heights around 5:20 p.m. May 4 when the suspect approached them from behind, cops said.
Video released early Friday shows the brute rushing up to the victim and yanking her by the hair — knocking her to the ground and causing her child to fall as well.
Bronx thief The man grabbed the woman’s chain and yanked her by the hair.DCPI Bronx thief Police are still looking for the suspect.DCPI
He grabbed the woman’s chain — worth $6,500 — from her neck before running back down the block and taking off on a green moped, authorities said.
00:00
1_th.jpg

The mother and son refused medical attention for minor scratches on their hands and knees, cops said.

Police are still looking for the suspect, described as a man with a dark complexion, 18 to 25 years old, around 5 feet 6, with a medium build.

Bronx thief moped The thief sped off on a green moped afterward.DCPI Bronx thief The thief is described as a man with a dark complexion, 18 to 25 years old, around 5 feet 6, with a medium build.DCPI
He was last seen wearing a black ski mask, white T-shirt, blue jeans, black T-shirt and black sneakers. :mad:

The Bobster

Wild video shows thieves with sledgehammer snatch $100K worth of jewelry from NY store​

By
Mark Lungariello

May 13, 2022 7:23pm
Updated

Video shows thieves use sledgehammer to rob $100K worth of jewelry in Yonkers

Newly released video shows four brazen thieves use a sledgehammer to smash a Yonkers jewelry store window – then steal an estimated $100,000 worth of merchandise.
The broad daylight snatch-and-grab at Golden Square Jewelry on South Broadway happened Thursday at 5:20 p.m., sparking a brief car chase and manhunt that ended with three of the thieves in cuffs, cops said.
The short surveillance video shows one man in a hoodie, mask and gloves forcefully swing a crowbar at the store window three times before three other similarly dressed men run up – one who swings a sledgehammer.
The glass shatters but mostly stays intact and the thieves reach in through holes to take as much gold and jewelry from the display as they can before running off.
One of the suspects begins to leave then comes back for seconds as his accomplices continue to loot the store, the video shows. A store worker runs to the street, picks up the discarded sledgehammer and runs after the group, the video shows.
Men robbing store. The four thieves made off with approximately $100,000 worth of merchandise. NYPD
Afterwards, the four men – all Bronx residents – fled in an SUV and took police on a brief chase before crashing on residential Marshall Road, police said. The occupants then ran off on foot with cops in pursuit.
Two men were quickly arrested and a third picked up hiding in the woods near the Saw Mill River Parkway, Yonkers police said. The fourth suspect was identified but is still at large, according to cops.

Keep up with today's most important news​

Stay up on the very latest with Evening Update.

Enter your email address

By clicking above you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Nyken Alston, 21, Alfred Long, 35, were charged with felony robbery, grand larceny and burglary and were scheduled to be arraigned on Friday. Alston gave cops a fake name in an apparent effort to hide that he had a bench warrant out of New York City for an attempted murder charge in 2019, police said.

The third suspect, Alexander Wilson, 21, had yet to be charged and was hospitalized with injuries from the SUV crash, according to authorities.

Mayor Mike Spano thanked the officers for the quick arrests.

“Let it be a clear, direct message to any and all criminals who think they can undermine our city — we will find you and ensure you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law so not to terrorize our residents and businesses,” Spano said in a statement.