Nigga will steal yo stuff

Sledgehammer-wielding robber busts NYC store window, steals $20K worth of jewels in wild video​

By
Tina Moore

May 4, 2022 4:17pm
Updated

Security camera captures Bronx smash-and-grab robbery

A sledgehammer-wielding robber smashed through a Bronx jewelry store’s front window, snatching $20,000 in chains and pendants, surveillance video obtained by The Post Wednesday shows.
Screams can be heard on the video from inside M & NP Jewelers on White Plains Road during the smash and grab around 4 p.m. Sunday – before a roll-down gate nearly ensnares the culprit.
A witness told the NYPD “three unknown individuals broke the store window with a sledgehammer” and “removed assorted jewelry,” police said in a statement.
The video shows the robber who wielded the sledgehammer shoving the baubles into a bag held by a second man. It’s not clear what the third man was doing, cops said.
00:00 01:28
1_th.jpg

The chains and pendants were worth about $20,000, cops said.

There were no threats or injuries reported.

Bronx robberyA thief armed with a sledgehammer robbed a Bronx jewelry store of $20,000 worth of merchandise. ellis kaplan Bronx thiefThe robber smashed through the front window and proceed to rob the store of chains and pendants.ellis kaplan Bronx robberyThe robber was almost caught in the store’s front gate. ellis kaplan
The robbers took off south on White Plains Road in a black BMW, cops said.

A group of thieves stole about $50,000 in another smash and grab about 2 1/2 miles away in the Bronx in April. It wasn’t clear if the two cases were connected. The thieves in that case also fled in a black sedan.

Thieves target high-end consignment store in Upper East Side​

By
Griffin Kelly and

Melissa Klein

May 7, 2022 9:37am
Updated

Designer Revival
Designer Revival sells pre-owned Chanel, Gucci, Hermes and other brand names. Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post

Brazen thieves are not just targeting the Big Apple’s luxury retailers — they’re stealing used designer duds as well.
Designer Revival, a high-end Upper East Side consignment shop selling pre-owned Chanel, Gucci, Hermes and other brand names, has been a regular target of shoplifters, late-night smash and grabs, and credit card fraudsters, according to its fed-up owner, Tiffany Keriakos, who said crime is putting her business in jeopardy.
Just last month, a crook paid for $25,000 worth of items with a stolen credit card, and the store’s insurance wouldn’t cover the losses, Keriakos said.
And at 3:30 a.m. on March 30, three burglars broke the padlock on security shutters with bolt cutters, smashed the glass front door and made off with $30,785 worth of designer handbags in a matter of 30 seconds, according to police and security footage.
Other thieves defiantly enter the shop on East 81st Street off Second Avenue during business hours. One made off with a $1,500 Gucci handbag under his winter jacket in December and returned in January to do the same thing.
But an eagle-eyed worker spotted him and alerted a colleague, Nora Hatch.
Designer Revival robberyKeriakos said she is worried the thefts will eventually put Designer Revival out of business.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
“At first, I was just trying to be nice and open the door for him, but then my co-worker said, ‘Stop him!’ so I grabbed him and pulled him backward down the stairs,” Hatch said. “I was able to get the bags and throw them back in the store.”
The same man astonishingly returned in April, slipping a handbag under his coat.
Designer RevivalDesigner Revival owner Tiffany Keriakos said the store has lost almost $150,000 worth of merchandise in the past two years.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
This time, store manager Katrina Feil called 911 as she followed the recidivist out the door. She trailed him for 10 blocks and said she tried asking two police officers on the street for assistance, but they told her to wait for the 911 responders.
“They didn’t walk with me. They just stood there and acted like I was crazy,” she said. “I get it. They’re busy. That’s fine. But it was very disappointing to say the least.”
Early this morning, we experienced a break-in and theft at our beloved Upper East Side consignment store. Security footage captured thieves breaking into the store on March 30.Designer Revival
In February, police busted two men tied to a 2019 robbery at the store. During that heist, two men posing as shoppers asked to see merchandise in a display case, then sprayed an employee in the face with pepper spray before fleeing with four Chanel bags worth about $16,000, police said.
Consignment stores in Soho and on Madison Avenue have also been hit in recent months.
Keriakos and Feil said they are worried the thefts will eventually put Designer Revival out of business.
Designer RevivalThe store has been a regular target of shoplifters, late-night smash and grabs, and credit card fraudsters.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
“I’m on my third insurance company because of claims I’ve had to submit over the last seven years of owning this store,” Keriakos said. “In the past two years, we’ve lost almost $150,000 worth of merchandise.”
Since Designer Revival is a consignment store, it doesn’t technically own any of the items in the shop. Whenever a piece is sold, both the store and the consignor make money.
Designer RevivalEmployee Nora Hatch (pictured) has witnessed theft at the store firsthand.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post Designer RevivalOne thief made off with a $1,500 Gucci handbag under his winter jacket in December and returned in January to do the same thing.Griffin Kelly/N.Y.Post
Feil said break ins and shoplifting have cost some clients.
“People want to feel safe when they bring their very valuable items to the store, so if they think their items are going to be taken, that can make us look untrustworthy,” she said. “On the flip side, we’ve gotten a lot of support from consignors and some new consignors who just know that getting broken into is part of having a store in New York City and have brought us more inventory.”

96-year-old Holocaust survivor finds ‘silver lining’ in NYC wheelchair theft​

By
Jesse O’Neill

May 6, 2022 8:51pm
Updated

An office at West End Avenue near West 73rd Street.
Austrian native and Holocaust survivor Eric Plan wonders why a thief would snatch a wheelchair "from a handicapped person." Google Maps

The 96-year-old Manhattan lying kike whose electric wheelchair was stolen from outside his doctor’s office condemned the crook for the outrageous crime — but said there’s a “silver lining” from Tuesday’s theft.
Eric Plan, an Austrian native who survived the Holocaust, told The Post in a Friday interview that he’s not really bothered by the loss of his $2,500 wheelchair, though he is questioning why somebody would snatch one from a handicapped person.
“I would say that stealing a wheelchair for the value of it, it’s not important. It’s an old wheelchair without much value in my opinion,” Plan said.
“But to steal a wheelchair from a handicapped person who is going to come out and obviously cannot walk, and has to face the situation to get home … It’s a very difficult thing.”
“It’s a very simple moral thing that shouldn’t be done.”
Plan said that he arrived at the medical office on West End Avenue near 73rd Street at about 8 a.m. and left his wheelchair outside as he usually does.
Eric Plan tried to find the 'silver lining' in the heinous crime.Eric Plan tried to find the ‘silver lining’ in the heinous crime.ABC7
“I park it by the door … because there was a strip and I couldn’t go in with the wheelchair,” Plan explained.
The senior was inside for a roughly two-hour procedure, and when he came out his wheelchair was gone.

Wheelchair Theft

Surveillance footage released by the NYPD Thursday shows the still-at-large suspect rolling down the sidewalk on West End Avenue aboard the stolen wheels.

Plan reported the incident to the NYPD and took a taxi home to his Upper West Side apartment. He plans on getting a new wheelchair, but said the extra exercise he is getting in the meantime is actually good for his health.

“It’s a silver lining actually because everybody is always telling me you have to walk,” he said.”

“I’m 96 years old and I have a balance problem, very severe. I can walk with a walker.”

Plan said he’s been overwhelmed by the community support he’s received since the theft.

“I must say one thing. Everybody was trying to be very helpful and it makes me feel very good. I don’t care that much about the value of the wheelchair … it’s an old wheelchair,” Plan said over the phone.

Survilliance footage shows the alleged thieve taking Eric Plan’s electric wheelchair on a stroll ride.Surveillance footage shows the alleged thieve taking Eric Plan’s electric wheelchair on a stroll ride.DCPI
“Even an organization called me up and said, ‘we’ll try to get you a new wheelchair,'” he said.

“I said ‘no thank you, but can you make me younger?,'” Plan cracked.

see also​

Mayor Eric Adams insists his campaign paid trip to Los Angeles will help fuel businesses to the Big Apple.

Mayor Adams justifies campaign-funded LA trip, shrugs off sinking polls​

“It’s typical for New York. When there is something very serious, people stick together.”

Plan came to the city in the 1950s to start a career as a land surveyor and said the outpouring of support he has received recently reminded him of the warm welcome he got when he first arrived in the US.

“When I came to New York I got a job immediately,” he recounted. “In America it seems a person who wants to work and wants to deliver something has a great chance; much easier than anyplace else.”

Plan was relentlessly optimistic about his new life in Manhattan after surviving the Nazi Holocaust, even as many of his loved ones lost their lives.

“I put those things behind me. Of course it’s in my memory, I lost my family and so on, but I don’t think too much about it anymore,” he explained.

“A person cannot live on and on [with] the nightmares [indistinguishable]. It’s over. It’s a new life.”

NYPD seeking suspects in brazen string of armed robberies​

By
Patrick Reilly

May 7, 2022 11:51pm
Updated

NYPD seeking suspects in string of armed robberies

The NYPD is seeking a group of men in connection with a series of brazen armed robberies in the Bronx and upper Manhattan.
The crew first struck on Sunday, April 24, when four unidentified men entered the Fordham Market on East Fordham Road and Arthur Avenue in Belmont around 1 a.m., police said.
The group snagged $200 worth of merchandise then fled eastbound on East Fordham Road in a black SUV.
The same store was robbed again the very next day, cops said. Three unknown men entered around 1:50 a.m., flashed a weapon and took $900 in cash from the register and $900 worth of merchandise. The robbers fled eastbound on East Fordham Road in a dark-colored SUV.

1_th.jpg

About 45 minutes later on the same morning, two men robbed the Grab and Go at 3920 Broadway near 164th Street in Washington Heights, police said. One of the thieves pulled out a gun before taking $200 from the register. The pair fled northbound on Broadway in a dark-colored vehicle, cops said.

Photo of robber Surveillance footage shows one of the people allegedly involved in the robberies. DCPI
One of the robbers involves in the robberies smilesOne of the suspected thieves involved in the multiple robberies. DCPI

One week later on Monday, May 2, a 32-year-old man was approached by an unknown male after exiting a Bank of America on White Plains Road and Pelham Parkway in the Bronx around 3 a.m. The male showed the 32-year-old a gun and demanded he hand over his money. The man was able to get away from the attacker, who fled in an unknown direction. None of his property was taken.

Ten minutes later, two armed robbers approached a 20-year-old man as he sat in his parked car at 1000 Pelham Parkway, blocks away from the Bank of America. The armed men ordered the victim to get out of his car and stole his iPhone 12 — worth about $1,000, cops said. The thieves fled eastbound on Pelham Parkway South.

No injuries were reported in any of the incidents, cops said.

One of the thieves involved in the multiple robberies.One of the thieves involved in the multiple robberies. DCPI
RobberNo injuries were reported from the crimes. DCPI

Video provided by NYPD shows a masked armed man in black clothing entering a convenience store carrying a handgun, which he aims at a store clerk. He’s followed by two other individuals — also with their faces covered and wearing all black. The third man enters and opens a plastic bag as they rob the store.

Police also provided pixelated photos of four of the suspected robbers’ faces as well as a black vehicle.

Man arrested in NYC smash-and-grab handbag robbery​

By
Griffin Kelly and

Melissa Klein

May 7, 2022 9:32pm
Updated

Exterior of Rebag NYC
The thieves allegedly made off with $24,700 worth of designer handbags from Rebag NYC in Soho. Google Maps

A crew of five thieves walked into a Soho boutique during business hours, and smashed display cases with a hammer before allegedly grabbing $24,700 worth of designer handbags, according to authorities.
Police chased down one of the alleged robbers — 25-year-old Ricardo Forde — after Thursday’s daylight heist at Rebag NYC, a high-end designer resale shop at 390 West Broadway.
Surveillance video showed the crew enter the shop about 4:50 p.m., and then shatter the display cases by swinging at them, according to a criminal complaint.
A hammer was used to break the glass, according to a prosecutor.
Employees and shoppers fled to the back of the store during the frightening scene.
A witness called 911, saying the robbers were seen leaving the store and getting into a 2020 black Jeep Wrangler with Forde allegedly at the wheel, authorities said in the criminal complaint.

When an NYPD detective saw the car and tried to stop it, Forde allegedly began driving against traffic on West Broadway. The car crashed into another car, and then into the detective’s vehicle, injuring another officer inside, the complaint says.
The detective saw multiple people run from the Jeep, leaving the handbags inside. Forde was stopped by police as he ran north on Sullivan Street, the court document shows.
He was charged with robbery, grand larceny, assault and reckless driving among other counts.
Forde was arraigned in Manhattan criminal court Saturday where bail was set at $25,000.
The robbery was one of several recent ones at resale shops that sell used luxury items.
It’s not the first time the Rebag NYC store had been hit: looters made off with $375,000 worth of goods in a June 2020 robbery.

Duo break into NYC jewelry store, steal over $100K in loot, video shows​

By
Amanda Woods

May 11, 2022 12:11pm
Updated

Video shows crooks smashing front window of Bronx jewelry store, stealing jewelry worth about $131,000 from the display

A duo smashed a Bronx jewelry store window with a large hammer before swiping more than $100,000 in loot from the front display, new video released by cops shows.
The black hoodie-wearing pair walked up to the Grand Jewelers on Grand Concourse near East 181st Street in Fordham Heights just before 4 p.m. April 29 – and one of them broke the window with a single blow, according to police and the footage released late Tuesday.
The pair then scrambled to grab multiple items worth around $131,000, including gold charms and plates, bracelets, rings and chains, authorities said.
Suspects break window of jewelry storeThe duo smashed the window of Grand Jewelers in the Bronx just before 4 p.m. on April 29, cops said.NYPD Suspects break window of jewelry storeAfter breaking the window with a single blow, cops said the suspects made off with about $131,000 in jewelry.NYPD
Both suspects took off after the heist and cops are still looking for them.

1_th.jpg

In recent weeks, hammer-wielding thieves have stolen thousands of dollars in jewelry from the M & NP Jewelers on White Plains Road and M&N Gold Jewelry on Westchester Avenue, authorities said.

Man knocks mom, 4-year-old son to ground in NYC robbery: video​

By
Amanda Woods

May 13, 2022 10:12am
Updated

Video shows a thief grabbing a 24-year-old woman by the hair as she walked with her 4-year-old son in the Bronx

A thief knocked a 24-year-old mom and her 4-year-old son to the ground as he snatched a pricey chain off the woman’s neck in the Bronx, disturbing new video shows.
The mother and son were walking on Grand Concourse near East 181st Street in Fordham Heights around 5:20 p.m. May 4 when the suspect approached them from behind, cops said.
Video released early Friday shows the brute rushing up to the victim and yanking her by the hair — knocking her to the ground and causing her child to fall as well.
Bronx thiefThe man grabbed the woman’s chain and yanked her by the hair.DCPI Bronx thiefPolice are still looking for the suspect.DCPI
He grabbed the woman’s chain — worth $6,500 — from her neck before running back down the block and taking off on a green moped, authorities said.
00:00
1_th.jpg

The mother and son refused medical attention for minor scratches on their hands and knees, cops said.

Police are still looking for the suspect, described as a man with a dark complexion, 18 to 25 years old, around 5 feet 6, with a medium build.

Bronx thief mopedThe thief sped off on a green moped afterward.DCPI Bronx thiefThe thief is described as a man with a dark complexion, 18 to 25 years old, around 5 feet 6, with a medium build.DCPI
He was last seen wearing a black ski mask, white T-shirt, blue jeans, black T-shirt and black sneakers. :mad:

Wild video shows thieves with sledgehammer snatch $100K worth of jewelry from NY store​

By
Mark Lungariello

May 13, 2022 7:23pm
Updated

Video shows thieves use sledgehammer to rob $100K worth of jewelry in Yonkers

Newly released video shows four brazen thieves use a sledgehammer to smash a Yonkers jewelry store window – then steal an estimated $100,000 worth of merchandise.
The broad daylight snatch-and-grab at Golden Square Jewelry on South Broadway happened Thursday at 5:20 p.m., sparking a brief car chase and manhunt that ended with three of the thieves in cuffs, cops said.
The short surveillance video shows one man in a hoodie, mask and gloves forcefully swing a crowbar at the store window three times before three other similarly dressed men run up – one who swings a sledgehammer.
The glass shatters but mostly stays intact and the thieves reach in through holes to take as much gold and jewelry from the display as they can before running off.
One of the suspects begins to leave then comes back for seconds as his accomplices continue to loot the store, the video shows. A store worker runs to the street, picks up the discarded sledgehammer and runs after the group, the video shows.
Men robbing store. The four thieves made off with approximately $100,000 worth of merchandise. NYPD
Afterwards, the four men – all Bronx residents – fled in an SUV and took police on a brief chase before crashing on residential Marshall Road, police said. The occupants then ran off on foot with cops in pursuit.
Two men were quickly arrested and a third picked up hiding in the woods near the Saw Mill River Parkway, Yonkers police said. The fourth suspect was identified but is still at large, according to cops.

Nyken Alston, 21, Alfred Long, 35, were charged with felony robbery, grand larceny and burglary and were scheduled to be arraigned on Friday. Alston gave cops a fake name in an apparent effort to hide that he had a bench warrant out of New York City for an attempted murder charge in 2019, police said.

The third suspect, Alexander Wilson, 21, had yet to be charged and was hospitalized with injuries from the SUV crash, according to authorities.

Mayor Mike Spano thanked the officers for the quick arrests.

“Let it be a clear, direct message to any and all criminals who think they can undermine our city — we will find you and ensure you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law so not to terrorize our residents and businesses,” Spano said in a statement.

Last edited:

‘Professional booster’ with 108 arrests shoplifted from same UES store 10 times: NYPD​

By
Tina Moore

May 26, 2022 4:08pm
Updated

Self-described "professional booster" with 108 arrests

A woman who dubbed herself a “professional booster” after she was nabbed for shoplifting earlier this year has been arrested again — for allegedly robbing the same Manhattan drug store 10 times, police said.
Michelle Mckelley, 42, now has 108 arrests under her belt following her latest bust Wednesday, when she was charged with 10 separate petty larcenies from the Rite Aid at Second Avenue and East 96th Street, cops and a police source said.
“She has 108 arrests!” the Manhattan cop exclaimed. “What are they waiting for 200 arrests to hold her? When does it stop? It’s making a mockery of the system.”
Mckelley’s alleged spree at the Rite Aid started April 21, and resulted in the theft of dozens of body washes, hair products, soaps, candy and other items worth a total of $1,375, police said.
00:01 02:03
1_th.jpg

On April 29, she allegedly stole “10 summer coolers” worth $350, according to police. It wasn’t clear how she managed to take the large coolers from the store without detection, cops said.

On May 17, she allegedly used a suitcase to steal denim leggings, multiple bottles of body wash, a number of air fresheners and other products worth $210.

Michelle Mckelley was arrested for allegedly stealing from the same Manhattan Rite Aid 10 separate times since April 21.Michelle Mckelley was arrested for allegedly stealing from the same Manhattan Rite Aid 10 separate times since April 21.Steven Hirsch for NY Post
Mckelley was awaiting arraignment in Manhattan Criminal Court Thursday.

Her arrest for the Rite Aid spree came three days after she was nabbed for stealing from a Target on Columbus Avenue and 100th Street on Sunday.

On that visit, she is accused of stealing four containers of Tide Pods, two Sun Squad backpacks, one package of Chips Ahoy, four Febreze air fresheners and six Glade air fresheners for a total value of $139, according to police.

A Manhattan judge freed her on supervised release.

Mckelley allegedly shoplifted $1,375 worth of merchandise from the Rite Aid at Second Avenue and East 96th Street in Manhattan. Mckelley allegedly shoplifted $1,375 worth of merchandise from the Rite Aid at Second Avenue and East 96th Street in Manhattan. Google Maps
Back in February, she was nabbed for allegedly stealing from a Target on Third Avenue near East 70th Street — in what was believed to be her 96th arrest.

After that bust, Mckelley allegedly told cops, “I haven’t got caught in a long time,” prosecutors said.

Mckelley called herself a “professional booster” after a shoplifting arrest earlier this year. Mckelley called herself a “professional booster” after a shoplifting arrest earlier this year. Steven Hirsch for NY Post

“I’m a professional booster. Y’all are stopping my hustle,” the serial shoplifter allegedly told officers, according to prosecutors.

Speaking to The Post after her arraignment — where she was released — Mckelley said, “I don’t call it stealing, I call it professional boosting.”

Most of her arrests were for petit larceny, a misdemeanor that is not eligible for monetary bail under state law.

“You have people who keep stealing items from these stores,” the Manhattan cop said. “It’s affecting urban living. Stores are moving and people have to travel to other areas to get what they need. And nobody’s doing anything about it.”

The judge in Mckelley’s Febrary case agreed to free her under the supervision of the Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES), while warning her not to get arrested again.

Joseph Giacalone, a retired NYPD Detective Sergeant and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, said the program clearly didn’t work for Mckelley.

“The city and activists have been trying to push people into alternatives to jail but apparently that’s no deterrence for Michelle,” Giacalone said.

“At this point, they need to hold her on bail and she needs to do some time. She’s a walking crime wave.”

Serial thief wanted for snatching shoes off women’s feet in NYC​

By
Patrick Reilly

June 3, 2022 11:39pm
Updated

shoe theif
Since January, a man has been stealing shoes off women's feet. DCPI

A serial thief is wanted by police for snatching the shoes off at least three women’s feet in a bizarre crime spree across New York City, authorities said.
The shoe stealer has approached the women at random in the trio of attacks in Brooklyn and Queens dating back to January, police said.
He struck first on Jan. 24, when at about 9 a.m. he followed a 24-year-old woman into a building at 739 Utica Avenue in East Flatbush, Brooklyn where he took off with her right shoe, cops said.
On Feb. 9 at around 11 a.m. the thief stole a left Nike sneaker from a 24-year-old woman at the Grand Army subway station in Park Slope, Brooklyn, police said.
That victim told police at the time that the man pulled the Nike running shoe, valued at $40, right off her foot. She said there was no interaction with the suspect before he snagged the shoe.
Shoe thiefHe has stolen at least three women’s shoes. DCPI
After that theft, the suspect fled down into the train station, jumped the turnstile and took off on a train, cops said.
Last week, on May 24 around 12:15 p.m. the suspect struck again when he grabbed a left shoe off a 24-year-old woman inside of the Rego Center shopping plaza at 96-05 Queens Boulevard in Rego Park, Queens.

Houston men steal $4,200 liquor bottle that turns out to be cheap decoy​

By
Andrew Mark Miller , Fox News

June 12, 2022 4:51am
Updated

Houston men steal $4,200 liquor bottle that turns out to be cheap decoy

Authorities in Houston, Texas are searching for three men caught on camera robbing a liquor store and fleeing with a cheap decoy liquor bottle they presumably believed to be real.
The incident occurred in the afternoon on May 23 when the Houston Police Department says three unidentified Black males walked into a liquor store and crowded around a locked display case of alcohol, KRIV-TV reported.
The men then reportedly asked about a $4,200 bottle that was in the case and an employee of the store came over and unlocked the case.
One of the men then grabbed the bottle while another one of the men grabbed another box of the same liquor.
The store says that the box, which the man dropped before exiting, was empty and the bottle that was taken was a decoy bottle that was worth far less than $4,200.
1_th.jpg

The three men are still at large.

Footage shows one suspect grab the bottle while another one of the men grabbed another box of the same liquor.Footage shows one suspect grab the bottle while another one of the men grabbed another box of the same liquor.Houston Police Robbery The store says the box the man dropped was empty and the bottle that was taken was less than $4,200.The store says the box the man dropped was empty and the bottle that was taken was less than $4,200.Houston Police Robbery
Authorities say one of the suspects was wearing a white pullover, black shorts, a white cap, and white shoes. The second suspect was wearing a black Nike pullover, dark shorts, and blue shoes.

The third suspect had a visible goatee and wore a black jacket with blue jeans.

A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered by Crime Stoppers of Houston for any information leading to an arrest.

Video of thieves snatching phones off displays shows NYC crew’s latest robbery: cops​

By
Tina Moore

June 12, 2022 1:48pm
Updated

Video released by the NYPD shows a gang of thieves committing a smash and grab at a Brooklyn electronics store

Surveillance video captured a trio of thieves brazenly yanking new phones right off of their displays at a Brooklyn store – part of a string of thefts that has netted the criminals more than $32,000 so far, cops say.
The phones in the video were stolen around 3:20 p.m. May 3 from inside a T-Mobile store at 1367 Broadway in Bushwick, authorities said.
The three crooks swiped $3,200 worth of electronics from the display before fleeing the store in a silver sedan, cops said.
The NYPD posted video of the crime on Twitter on Sunday.
The three suspects who stole phones from a Bushwick, Brooklyn T-Mobile store on May 3, 2022.The three suspects who stole phones from a Bushwick, Brooklyn T-Mobile store on May 3, 2022.DCPI
The first crime in the pattern happened around 10:15 a.m. March 30 inside the T-Mobile located at 43 E. 170th St. in The Bronx, cops said.
The three thieves entered the Mount Eden store and forcibly removed $6,500 worth of electronics from a display case before fleeing.
“The individuals were last seen getting into a grey Acura sedan, NJ PL# N23JDK, heading to parts unknown,” cops said.
The thieves stole about $3,200 worth of electronics from the store.The thieves stole about $3,200 worth of electronics from the store.DCPI
About an hour later, the same suspects are believed to have hit up a T-Mobile store at 46-01 Queens Blvd. in Sunnyside, Queens, where they took $6,000 worth of merchandise, cops said.
The next theft happened around 1 p.m. April 13, when the same bandits were believed to have struck at a T-Mobile at 37-44 82nd St. in Flushing, Queens.
This time, the robbers forcibly removed $3,900 worth of electronics from a display case before fleeing.
A few hours later, around 2:30 p.m., the same bandits entered a T-Mobile at 408 Knickerbocker Ave. in Brooklyn and absconded with $9,200 worth of electronics from a display case, cops said. They were seen getting into a gray sedan with Illinois plates.
The suspects stole new phones directly from the store's display cases.The suspects stole new phones directly from the store’s display cases.DCPI
The next job occurred April 21, when the trio went into a store with the same chain at 1367 Broadway, cops said. This time, they snatched $1,100 worth of electronics.
Then May 21, they hit up a T-Mobile at 18-22 College Point Blvd. in College Point, Queens, where they took $2,400 worth of electronics from a display case, cops said.

What do you think? Post a comment.

That was a few hours after they went into a Walgreens at 1111 Pennsylvania Ave. in East New York and inexplicably stole $66 worth of Pampers, cops said.

Anyone with information in regard to the incidents is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/, on Twitter @NYPDTips.

All calls are strictly confidential.

$1M in a minute: Wild video shows lightning-quick armed robbery of NJ jewelry store​

By
Mark Lungariello

June 14, 2022 5:47pm
Updated

Shocking video shows a pack of gunmen swarming a New Jersey jewelry store — and allegedly making off with more than $1 million in items in roughly 60 seconds.
About eight masked robbers dressed in hoodies and dark clothing are seen storming into Virani Jewelers in Iselin in Middlesex County during the wild smash-and-grab, with one of them hopping a display case as the others yell for the employees to drop to the floor.
One of the suspects points a gun at an employee sitting near the entrance and appears to clobber him before the man gets on the ground, the video shows. The other criminals get to work using a hammer to shatter the display cases and fill up bags full of merchandise as a woman lies on the ground motionless, according to the footage.
One of the robbers takes full trays of items and strolls casually out of the store, passing a cohort who is keeping guard at the door. The other suspects follow shortly after in a sprint, with the whole thing over in about a minute.
The robbery happened around 7:45 p.m. Friday, minutes before closing, with the owner of a neighboring store estimating the value of the items taken at more than $1 million, according to ABC 7 New York.
Footage shows a group of robbers storming into Virani Jewelers in Iselin, New Jersey.One of the robbers pushes an employee to the ground.Virani Nest camera The robbers were quick to smash and collect bags full of jewelry.The robbers were quick to smash the display cases and collect bags full of jewelry.Virani Nest camera
“How comfortable and confident they were,” local Misbah Chaudhry told the station of the robbers.
“They came in like they owned the store, they’re like, ‘All right, everybody down,’ breaking stuff, filling up their bags, walking away like they had no worries in the world.”
The Woodbury Police Department is asking people with information to contact detectives at (732) 624-7700, according to ABC. A rep didn’t return a call from The Post on Tuesday.
Authorities investigate the scene of the robbery at Virani Jewelers in Iselin, New Jersey.Authorities investigate the scene of the robbery at Virani Jewelers in Iselin, New Jersey.ABC7 The robbers were quick to smash and collect bags full of jewelry.A resident was shocked how efficient and “confident” the robbers were.Virani Nest camera

The owner of Virani wasn’t available for comment Tuesday, a worker at the store said.

Video shows moped-riding thieves snatch woman’s purse in Brooklyn​

By
Amanda Woods

June 15, 2022 9:54am
Updated

Moped riders snatch woman’s purse from behind in Sunset Park Sunday night

A duo on a moped knocked a woman to the ground as they grabbed her purse in Brooklyn this week, disturbing new video shows.
The 41-year-old victim was walking at 57th Street and Eighth Avenue in Sunset Park around 9:20 p.m. Sunday when the pair drove up behind her on the sidewalk and the back passenger snatched her white handbag, video released late Tuesday shows.
The speed of the moped and the force of the grab caused the women to fall – face-planting on the sidewalk, the clip shows.
The suspects seen snatching the woman's purse.The suspects seen snatching the woman’s purse. The woman tries to take the take the purse back during the robbery.The woman tries to take the take the purse back during the robbery.NYPD The suspects seen riding off on the moped.The suspects seen riding off on the moped.NYPD
She was taken to Maimonides Medical Center in stable condition, with injuries to her face and right hand.
The purse held the victim’s cell phone and about $700, cops said.
1_th.jpg

00:01 01:29

Police are still looking for the moped-riding thieves – both seen with their sweatshirt hoods pulled up over their heads.

Brazen NYC bank thief makes off with $200,000 from ‘unlocked’ ATM​

By
Larry Celona

June 18, 2022 6:58pm
Updated

A robber stole $200,000 from an unlocked ATM in a Manhattan TD Bank.
A robber stole $200,000 from an unlocked ATM at a Manhattan TD Bank. Google Maps

There were no withdrawal limits at this haywire ATM.
A brazen bandit knocked off a Midtown TD Bank for $200,000 after he saw the ATM money storage compartment wide open and helped himself, police sources said.
The sticky-fingered suspect entered the TD Bank at 885 Sixth Ave. at West 33rd Street at 11:35 a.m. Friday, walked into the ATM area and saw that the drawers had been left open, the sources said.
The thief ran outside and returned with a black plastic bag and helped himself to the loot, the sources said.
The NYPD on Saturday confirmed the heist, saying the robber removed “two sleeves of money” from an “unlocked” ATM inside the bank.
The suspect, described as a black male, 5 foot 6, wearing red shorts and a black top, fled eastbound on West 32nd Street towards Broadway, police said.
There are no arrests and no one was injured, cops said.

Armed cellphone crook forces boy, 6, other customers into closet: video​

By
Amanda Woods

June 21, 2022 10:58am
Updated

Robber forces boy, 6, into closet at gunpoint during Brooklyn cell phone store stickup

A Brooklyn cellphone store crook forced a 6-year-old boy and other customers into a closet at gunpoint last week, disturbing video shows.
Footage released late Monday shows the suspect walking into the T-Mobile store on Avenue X near West 1st Street in Gravesend minutes before the store’s closing at 8 p.m. June 16.
He kept a bag over one hand that he held close to his face as customers continued to shop inside — including the young boy who walked right up to the suspect, the video shows.
Another person can be seen in the video moving the child back.
The suspect then ordered the customers to get down on the floor, as he displayed a silver gun with a black handle.
1_th.jpg

00:01 01:27
The video shows them backing away — at which time he demanded that they get inside a closet.

The robber entered the store around closing time.The robber entered the store around closing time.DCPI The robber wielded a silver gun with a black handle.The robber wielded a silver gun with a black handle.DCPI He took about a hundred phones before fleeing.He took about a hundred phones before fleeing.DCPI
“Don’t be a hero,” he allegedly snarled.

He grabbed about 100 phones before fleeing on foot, cops said.

NYC man tracks down his stolen $400K Rolls-Royce — and snatches it back​

By
Natalie O'Neill

June 22, 2022 5:19pm
Updated

Rolls Royce stolen in Staten Island burglary

0:00
/
0:39

Burglars broke into an upscale Staten Island home, swiped car keys and motored off with a $400,000 Rolls-Royce convertible — till its owner beat them at their own game, cops and a report say.
The crooks with expensive taste had thrown a rock through the first-floor window of the high-end home in the Lighthouse Hill neighborhood around 4 a.m. June 12, then snatched keys to the whip, according to the NYPD.
The owner of the abode, identified only as John, 38, was awoken by an alarm and caught a glimpse of the bandits speeding off in his 2017 Rolls-Royce Dawn sedan convertible, he told the Staten Island Advance.
“I was downstairs within seconds while they were pulling out of the driveway,” said John, who lives near Saint George Road and Lighthouse Avenue.
After making sure his family was safe, the home owner logged onto a computer and used the luxury ride’s built-in tracking device to locate the vehicle in real time as the crooks drove toward New Jersey.
1_th.jpg

00:00 A Rolls-Royce was stolen on Staten Island in the Lighthouse Hill neighborhood.
He then activated a remote kill switch — used to disabled the car’s ignition from any location — on the computer, stranding the thieves in Newark, NJ.

“They were attempting to turn [the car] back on, but they couldn’t because I disabled it,” John said.

He then pin-pointed the specific block where the thieves ditched the car and picked it up, he said — adding he’s still shaken by the incident.

“Obviously [my family] is a little unnerved after everything that’s gone on,” he said.

The thieves who struck his home are suspected in a string of recent break-ins and car thefts in well-heeled sections of Staten Island, including three June 12 and one Monday, according to police.

Staten Island theftPolice are still looking for help in identifying the suspects.
In all of the cases, the culprits swiped keys from inside upscale homes and stole — or attempted to steal — cars parked nearby, according to police.

In footage from the incident Monday, two thieves in hoodies are shown throwing a large stone through the rear sliding glass door of a home on Benedict Road and Callan Avenue before snatching car keys, according to cops.

But a resident began yelling, and they fled empty-handed, police said.

John said he suspects the bandits targeted him after seeing the pricey car in his driveway and the keys through the window of his house.

Car theftThe Rolls-Royce incident follows a pattern of increased car thefts across the city.Getty Images
“They had to have seen the key because of where it was sitting and that’s why they broke the window,” he said.

What do you think? Be the first to comment.

Car thefts are up 114% on Staten Island so far this year, and 61% citywide as of last month.

Law-enforcement officials have previously cited Newark-based crews of thieves known to use real-estate websites to locate the most expensive homes on Staten Island in order to steal luxury cars.

Shoplifter who even DA Alvin Bragg wanted locked up is let go after 122nd arrest — thanks to bail laws​

By
Tina Moore and

Ben Kesslen

June 22, 2022 9:43pm
Updated

Super shoplifter Lorenzo McLucas is let go on supervised released

Even lefty Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg wanted him behind bars.
A shoplifter with 122 busts under his belt was released on his own recognizance Wednesday thanks to controversial bail reform laws Bragg typically defends — and the DA’s office told The Post that even prosecutors would have asked for pre-trial detention if they could.
In the latest reported case of lax city crime policies run amok, accused serial shoplifter Lorenzo McLucas, 34, was nabbed for stealing from the cosmetics counter at a Duane Reade on Lexington Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, according to cops and court documents.
Bragg’s office told The Post that it would have requested McLucas be detained if it could, keeping in line with the DA’s recent announcement that he wanted to clamp down on serial shoplifters.
“We cannot accept a system where individuals who shoplift again and again cycle in and out of jail, just to shoplift again,’’ Bragg had said in a June 17 statement — two days before city business owners revealed the alleged soft-on-crime DA assured them he would launch a crackdown on such thefts.
1_th.jpg

Super shoplifter Lorenzo McLucasSuper shoplifter Lorenzo McLucas was let go after his 122nd arrest. Steven Hirsch Super shoplifter Lorenzo McLucasMcLucas was released on his own recognizance due of controversial bail reform laws.Steven Hirsch
But even though the bust was McLucas’ 50th arrest this year alone, he didn’t have any other open cases against him.

Since prosecutors can only request bail on this sort of misdemeanor if the perp other cases pending against him, theirs and the judge’s hands were tied.

see also​

Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg speaks at Abyssinian Baptist Church at 132 Odell Clark Place in New York, NY on January 16, 2022.

Manhattan DA Bragg to fight shoplifting surge by going after repeat offenders: biz group​

“It’s f- -k,ing ridiculous,’’ a veteran NYPD detective told The Post. “They just keep letting him out, and he does the same thing again.

“I feel so bad for the people who own retail stores. What’s the purpose anymore?”

Records show McLucas was charged with two misdemeanors for the Tuesday afternoon crime: petit larceny for shoplifting and criminal possession of a controlled substance.

Authorities believed they found a pipe containing “crack cocaine residue” in his pocket, according to his complaint.

McLucas was granted supervised release by the judge. He has previously been convicted of two felonies and 29 misdemeanors. He also has 20 missed court appearances. His court-appointed lawyer did not immediately return a request for comment.

His arrest comes just after Bragg announced his plan to try to curb rampant shoplifting and smash-and-go robberies in partnership with business groups.

Super shoplifter Lorenzo McLucasThis was McLucas’ 50th arrest this year.Steven Hirsch Super shoplifter Lorenzo McLucasA veteran of the NYPD said the release of McLucas was “f- -k,ing ridiculous.”Steven Hirsch
Part of Bragg’s plan includes “focused deterrence,’’ meaning his prosecutors will now ask for at least pre-trial detention for accused thieves who have prior felony convictions, multiple open cases and a history of skipping out on court dates.

Bragg’s prosecutors will also work to aggregate numerous misdemeanor charges to make them a felony, according to business leader Kathy Wylde.

‘Professional’ NYC shoplifter busted for the 99th time​

By
Tina Moore

June 23, 2022 6:22pm
Updated

Self-described "professional booster" with nearly 100 arrests speaks to the NY Post in February 2022

A career shoplifter — who described herself as a “professional booster” after some of her earlier busts made headlines — was arrested for at least her 99th time this week, police said Thursday.
Michelle McKelley, 42, was arrested around 8 p.m. Wednesday at a Duane Reade on Third Avenue at East 106th Street in East Harlem, according to police.
McKelley — who has been caught and let go in a revolving door after her previous busts — was observed at the store filling a bag with items and then attempting to leave without paying, cops said.
When store security ordered her to remove the purloined items, McKelley refused, cops said.
She then allegedly struck the store guard repeatedly in the arm with a shopping basket, according to police. A police spokeswoman said she wasn’t aware of what the items were.
1_th.jpg

00:00 Michelle Mckelley, 42, was arrested for her 99th time this week for shoplifting.Michelle McKelley, 42, was arrested for her 99th time this week for shoplifting.William C. Lopez/NY Post
McKelley was charged with robbery, attempted petit larceny and criminal possession of a weapon, police said. She hadn’t been arraigned on the charges as of late afternoon.

Her last bust came in May when she was charged with 10 separate petty larcenies from the Rite Aid at Second Avenue and East 96th Street, cops said.

A Manhattan Criminal Court judge released Mckelley after she pleaded guilty to one count of petit larceny and three counts of disorderly conduct. The career shoplifter was told she must complete five sessions of a program for recidivist offenders or she’ll risk a 90-jail sentence, Judge Lumarie Maldonado-Cruz said.

“I haven’t got caught in a long time,” McKelley told cops in February after allegedly stealing from a Target. “I haven’t got caught in a long time,” McKelley told cops in February after allegedly stealing from a Target. Steven Hirsch for NY Post
Cops at the time said the bust was McKelley’s 108th, though officials said the Thursday bust was just her 99th, without explaining the discrepancy.

She was also busted in February — and after being released at her hearing she boasted about her “hustle.”

McKelley allegedly stole from a Target on Third Avenue near East 70th Street in February, telling cops, “I haven’t got caught in a long time,” prosecutors said in Manhattan Criminal Court at the time.

On Thursday, McKelley was charged with robbery, attempted petit larceny and criminal possession of a weapon.On Thursday, McKelley was charged with robbery, attempted petit larceny and criminal possession of a weapon.Steven Hirsch for NY Post

“I’m a professional booster. Y’all are stopping my hustle,” she allegedly told officers.

Speaking to The Post after the hearing, Mckelley described how she “professionally obscures” items.

“I have to get a new outfit … so I have to go work,” Mckelley said at the time when asked if she’d continue.

After that arrest, Judge Rachel Pauley questioned prosecutors after they put in a request for supervised release: “You’re not asking for bail, people?”

Mckelley’s public defender supported the request, saying her client was complying with supervised release until around Dec. 1, when she became homeless.

“I’m just not convinced she’s going to comply,” Pauley said, citing Mckelley’s 27 failures to appear in court.

But still, the judge agreed to free Mckelley under the supervision of the Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES). She warned Mckelley not to miss a single appointment, not to get arrested again and to make sure to show up to her next hearing, otherwise a judge could issue a warrant and set bail.

It was not clear if the February charges have yet been adjudicated.

A Manhattan cop said he was fed up with the revolving-door justice.

“They are making a mockery of the system,” the source said.

“This is ridiculous,” he said. “Alvin Bragg, better pray a Republican doesn’t come into being governor because his ass is grass. Why doesn’t anyone question Hochul about this? Do you think this is ‘OK, governor?’”

‘Professional booster’ notches 100th shoplifting bust — and is released again​

By
Daniel McKnight,

Joe Marino and

Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

June 26, 2022 4:12pm
Updated

Michelle McKelley, a serial shoplifter with over 100 busts, was arrested and released again

Video Player is loading.

A “professional booster” with an alleged penchant for shoplifting at Manhattan retailers notched what could be her 100th bust over the weekend — and was released without bail yet again.
Michelle McKelley, 42, was arrested late Saturday for allegedly pocketing $125 worth of goods from a CVS in Lower Manhattan, and then was freed under the state’s soft-on-crime criminal justice reforms.
Prosecutors said in Manhattan Criminal Court Sunday that McKelley has failed to appear in court 27 times on her multitude of past arrests — and has five other pending cases.
But the charges do not qualify for bail under the 2019 state reform, which means prosecutors could only ask that she be let go on supervised release while the case is pending.
Manhattan Judge Charlotte Davidson agreed, noting the charges do not qualify for bail.
1_th.jpg

McKelley, who described herself to cops as a “professional booster,” was last cut loose Thursday after she was charged with stealing from a Duane Reade in East Harlem.

Michelle McKelleyMichelle McKelley was last cut loose Thursday after she was charged with stealing from a Duane Reade in East Harlem.Daniel William McKnight McKelley is seen on Thursday after another arrest.McKelley is seen just last week after another arrest.Steven Hirsch
McKelly on May 26, after another arrest.McKelley on May 26, after another arrest.William C. Lopez/NYPOST

Last month, she was charged with robbing a Rite Aid at Second Avenue and East 96th Street 10 times, with cops at that time reporting it was her 108th arrest. Court officials said the Thursday bust was just her 99th, without explaining the discrepancy.

McKelley is so brazen that when she was arrested in February for allegedly ripping off a Target store on the Upper East Side she bragged that “I haven’t got caught in a long time.”

“I have to get a new outfit,” she said at the time.

According to a criminal complaint filed after she apparently reached the century mark with her weekend arrest, prosecutors said McKelley grabbed bars of cocoa butter, chocolate bars and soap and shoved them in a black duffle back then scurried out of the store.

Cops later tracked down McKelley and took her into custody.

Asked by The Post what else she could do for a living as she left the courthouse, she responded “I would be a caretaker for old people” — which she said was once her job.

“What happened?” she was asked.

“Life,” she answered before walking away.

Michelle McKelley Prosecutors said in Manhattan Criminal Court Sunday that McKelley has failed to appear in court 27 times on her multitude of past arrests.Steven Hirsch

Back