(Black serial rapist) Bill Cosby in the news

Re: Comic Hannibal Buress Calls Bill Cosby A “Rapist”

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Bill-Cosbys-Mass-Show-Cancelled-288513161.html

Bill Cosby Mass. Show Cancelled
Bill Cosby's show scheduled for Feb. 6 in Worcester, Massachusetts, has been cancelled
By Tim Jones
Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015 • Updated at 11:03 AM EST

Bill Cosby's show scheduled for Feb. 6 in Worcester, Massachusetts, has been cancelled.

The CEO of the Hanover Theater tells the Worcester Telegram that the theater wants to protect its image and the community. :D

He also says refunds will continue to be offered to those who have tickets.

Since November, at least 15 women :confused: have come forward with claims Cosby sexually assaulted them decades ago. Most of the women say he drugged them before he assaulted them.

Cosby, who starred as Dr. Cliff Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" from 1984 to 1992, earning a reputation as "America's Dad," has never been charged in connection with any of the allegations. A 2005 lawsuit by a Pennsylvania woman was settled before it went to trial, and he is being sued by a woman who claims he molested her in 1974 and by three other women who allege they were defamed by the comedian when his representatives denied some of the allegations.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Bill-Cosby-Sexual-Assault-Accusations-LAPD-288554841.html

New Accuser Says Bill Cosby Assaulted Her in 2008
By Jonathan Lloyd
Thursday, Jan 15, 2015 • Updated at 10:26 AM EST

01-14-2015-chloe-goins-cosby-accuser-2.JPG

A woman who says Bill Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her six years ago at a party at the Playboy Mansion met with Los Angeles police Wednesday morning to detail her accusations, her lawyer said.

The accusation by Chloe Goins, 24, come in the wake of sexual assault allegations from more than 15 women against the comedian.

Attorneys for Goins, who was 18 at the time of the alleged assault in 2008, say she is the only accuser who "could be within the statute of limitations to levy criminal and civil charges against the actor."

Goins appeared with her attorney at a news conference after the meeting at the LAPD's downtown headquarters. Goins, 24, did not speak, but her attorney told reporters she "wanted to come here and do her civic duty and give her report."

"She saw other women telling their story," said attorney Spencer Kuvin. "At that time, she realized she was the only one who could potentially bring criminal charges.

"It's a very scary thing when you are just one person against a rich and powerful man."

Kuvin declined to comment on details of the meeting with police, which he said lasted about two hours. He also refused to discuss "which statutes may or may not apply."

LAPD Cmdr. Andy Smith said outside police headquarters Wednesday morning that he would not specifically comment on the case. The district attorney would ultimately make a decision on whether charges should be filed after the results of a police investigation are presented to the office.

"We will take a report from anybody, and we'll initiate an investigation on any allegations of criminal misconduct," he said.

The accusations involve a 2008 visit to the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills and an encounter with Cosby, who she says sexually assaulted her as she was sleeping, Kuvin said. The last thing she remembered before she "blacked out" was Cosby giving her a drink, Kuvin said.

"She was drugged. She doesn't know what happened," Kuvin said. "She blacked out and woke up finding Mr. Cosby over her."

A police investigation would hopefully include a search of the mansion's closed-circuit security camera archives for video from the night in 2008, Kuvin said.

"If there's surveillance video, that could blow the case wide open," said NBC4 legal analyst Royal Oakes. "If there's physical evidence, eyewitnesses, anything to corroborate one woman."

An email from The Associated Press to Cosby's attorney Marty Singer was not immediately returned.

The 77-year-old Cosby, who starred as Dr. Cliff Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" from 1984 to 1992, has never been charged in connection with any of the sexual assault accusations against him.

A 2005 lawsuit by a Pennsylvania woman was settled before it went to trial, and he is being sued by a woman who claims he molested her in 1974 and by three other women who allege they were defamed by the comedian when his representatives denied some of the allegations.

Most of his accusers have said he drugged them before he assaulted them.

Last week, Phylicia Rashad, who played Cliff Huxtable's wife Claire on "The Cosby Show," defended her co-star in an interview. Rashad said she believed the allegations are part of a campaign to ruin Cosby's legacy. :rolleyes:

"He's a genius. He is generous, he's kind, he's inclusive," said Rashad, who first spoke to Roger Friedman earlier this week for his Showbiz911 blog. "This is not about the women. This is about something else. This is about the obliteration of legacy."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Protests-Perform-Far-From-Over-288828611.html

Bill Cosby's 1st Colorado Show Draws Protesters
By The Associated Press
Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 • Updated at 12:48 AM EST

About two dozen protesters rallied outside Bill Cosby's show in Pueblo Friday night, but the comedian's performance went off without a hitch.

The Pueblo Chieftain reports the demonstrators chanted "no means no" and "Colorado believes the women."

The 77-year-old comedian is facing sexual assault allegations from more than 15 women, with some claims dating back decades. He's denied the allegations through his lawyer and has never been charged.

Cosby is slated for two Saturday shows in Denver, where protesters are expected to gather outside the downtown venue.

Cosby released a statement Thursday thanking his "courageous" fans and saying he's ready to perform.

He finished his statement with references to his "Fat Albert" character's trademark line and to his 2013 television special — "Hey, Hey, Hey — I'm Far From Finished."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...ife-accuses-bill-cosby-of-rape-212323942.html

Alan Ladd Jr.'s Wife Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape, Says 'the Truth Deserves to Be Known'
By Suzy Byrne
January 26, 2015 4:23 PM

1d9378d0-a59d-11e4-aa70-296536f99ba1_Alan-Ladd-Jr-Cindra-Ladd.jpg

Cindra Ladd, with her producer husband Alan Ladd Jr., is the latest woman to accuse Bill Cosby of sexual assault. (Getty Images)

Bill Cosby's comedy tour continues, as do the standing ovations, but that hasn't silenced his growing number of accusers. Another woman has come forward to share her story about being a victim of "America's dad."

Cindra Ladd, a former entertainment executive in the movie business and the wife of Blade Runner, Braveheart, and Chariots of Fire producer Alan Ladd Jr., penned an essay detailing her alleged rape by Cosby, who she also claims drugged her, when she was a 21-year-old living in New York City in 1969.

Like many of the accusers, Ladd said Cosby, who was married to his wife Camille at the time, befriended her and was a "perfect gentleman," she wrote on Huffington Post. One night when they were headed to a movie, she came down with a headache and when she considered canceling, he told her he had a "miracle cure his doctor gave him," in the form of a capsule. When she questioned him about what it was, "He asked, 'Don't you trust me?' Of course I did. This was Bill Cosby."

"For more than 45 years I have tried to recall exactly what happened that night," Ladd wrote. "To this day it remains a blur. I have a vague recollection of feeling like I was floating while walking through Times Square and watching some kind of Japanese samurai movie with him. I don't remember where the theater was nor very much of the evening."

She continued, "What I do recall, vividly and clearly, is waking up the next morning nude in the bed of his friend's apartment and seeing Cosby wearing a white terrycloth bathrobe and acting as if there was nothing unusual. It was obvious to me that he had had sex with me. I was horrified, embarrassed and ashamed. There was a mirror above the bed [of his friend's apartment], which shocked me further."

Ladd said that after making some awkward small talk, she hightailed it out of there. "Once in the elevator, I broke down crying, which I continued to do as I walked home to my apartment," she said. "It never occurred to me to go to the police. It was a different time and 'date rape' was a concept that didn't exist. I just kept asking myself over and over in disbelief why this had happened to me. Other than my roommate, I did not discuss that night with anyone for 36 years."

It was when Andrea Constand, the director of operations for the women's basketball program at Cosby's alma mater Temple University, publicly accused Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting her in 2005 that Ladd revealed the incident to her husband of 30 years.

"I always thought I was the only one," she wrote. "I couldn't believe he had done this to others. I told my story to our attorney, who is also a good friend, because I was considering going public then, but eventually chose not to because the case was settled."

Ladd, who went on to become an entertainment executive and now is focused on philanthropic endeavors, said, "This is the first time I have chosen to speak out about that night. It is also the last time I intend to address it publicly. I have no plans to sue, I don't want or need money. I have no plans for a press conference or for doing any interviews. So why speak out at all and why now? The simple answer is that it's the right thing to do. The truth deserves to be known."

Ladd concluded her essay by sharing that she came into contact with Cosby one time since the alleged rape "when my husband, a highly successful Oscar-winning film executive and producer, introduced me to him," she wrote. "I was shaking, wondering if he would recognize me by my unusual first name. His reaction spoke volumes. To Bill Cosby, I was just another stranger."

Ladd joins a list of more than 20 women, including models Janice Dickinson and Beverly Johnson, who have accused The Cosby Show veteran of similar misconduct. His lawyer has repeatedly denied the claims of all the women, calling them "unsubstantiated, fantastical stories about things they say occurred 30, 40, or even 50 years ago" in a statement.

Cosby, who saw several of his comedy projects axed due to the allegations, continues his comedy tour across the United States. While several performances have been canceled, his next date is Jan. 30 in Ohio followed by nine performances in February. He has received standing ovations at many of his recent shows.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/02/08/new-accuser-emerges-as-cosby-cancels-shows-in-boston/

New Accuser Emerges As Cosby Cancels Shows In Boston
February 8, 2015 10:05 PM

BOSTON (AP) — A former fashion model and actress who appeared on one episode of “The Cosby Show” in 1988 is the latest of several women to accuse Bill Cosby of making unwanted sexual advances toward them.

Helen Gumpel, formerly known as Helen Selby, said Sunday that Cosby made sexual advances and lewd gestures toward her while she was on the set of the show.

She said she was called to the show’s set for what she thought was another audition shortly after filming the one episode in 1987. She said she was brought to Cosby’s dressing room and Cosby had her sit on a couch and handed her a drink. She said Cosby then stood in front of her with his crotch in her face.

“I never thought of myself as a victim because I refused his advances,” Gumpel said. “But my career was a victim.”

Cosby’s lawyer Marty Singer did not immediately respond to an email message seeking comment. The 77-year-old entertainer faces sexual assault accusations from at least 15 women. He denies the allegations and has never been charged with a crime.

Gumpel, who lives in Connecticut with her husband, made the allegations at a news conference she held at a downtown Boston hotel hours after Cosby canceled back-to-back comedy shows scheduled that evening at the nearby Wilbur Theater. Demonstrators had threatened to protest outside the theater.

Cosby, who has a home in western Massachusetts, said in a statement that he canceled the shows because of winter weather forecasts. The New England forecast called for a winter storm with nearly 2 feet of snow in the Boston area through Tuesday.

Since the accusations emerged last year, some of Cosby’s performances elsewhere have drawn heckling and protests and some have been canceled.

The Wilbur Theater announced on its website Sunday morning that the shows were canceled but did not say why. It apologized for the abrupt change and said tickets would be refunded.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Bill-Cosby-Comedy-Pittsburgh-291413711.html

Amid Scandal, Bill Cosby Cancels Pennsylvania Appearance
Published at 1:04 PM EST on Feb 10, 2015

Philadelphia comedian Bill Cosby has canceled his Feb. 21 appearance across the state in Pittsburgh.

Heinz Hall issued a short news release Tuesday saying the show "has been canceled by mutual agreement with Cosby's presenter and Heinz Hall management." No specific reason was given.

The venue's website indicated that fewer than half the available tickets had been sold for the show at the 2,676-seat venue.

The 77-year-old comedian and television star has been dogged by accusations from women that he sexually abused or harassed them. Several of his shows have drawn protesters since the allegations resurfaced in recent months.

Cosby has denied wrongdoing. :rolleyes:

Refunds will be issued for tickets to the Pittsburgh show.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...dge-to-Dismiss-Defamation-Suit-293949201.html

Bill Cosby's Lawyers to Ask Judge to Dismiss Defamation Suit
By Philip Marcelo

Bill Cosby's lawyers said Tuesday they will ask a federal judge to throw out a defamation lawsuit filed by three women accusing him of decades-old sexual offenses.

The lawyers said in a legal brief they plan to file their motion to dismiss by Friday.

One of the women, Tamara Green, a California lawyer who says Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in the 1970s, originally brought the lawsuit in December 2014. Two women from Florida later joined the suit: Therese Serignese says Cosby drugged and raped her in 1976, and Linda Traitz alleges he tried to drug her and then sexually groped her in 1970.

The women argue that Cosby publicly branded them as liars through statements by his representatives. They seek an unspecified amount of money for compensatory and punitive damages.

Their lawyers have said the civil action also allows them to have their allegations heard since criminal statutes of limitation have expired. Cosby has denied wrongdoing and hasn't been charged with any crime.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Springfield, in western Massachusetts. Cosby and his wife have a home about 45 miles north in Shelburne Falls.

Cosby, who starred as Dr. Cliff Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" from 1984 to 1992, has canceled or postponed more than a dozen shows on his comedy tour amid allegations by numerous women that he sexually abused them.

The Cosby team's statement that it will ask for the lawsuit's dismissal came in a status update filed jointly by Cosby's lawyers and lawyers for the three women. The sides have been in talks this month to resolve a number of issues related to the lawsuit, according to the filing.

Cosby's motion to dismiss will deal with "any issues that by that time have not been resolved through conference" between the sides, says the brief, which proposes other deadlines in the case.

Lawyers for the three accusers, for example, would have until March 20 to file a reply to Cosby's motion to dismiss. Cosby's lawyers would then have until April 8 to respond to that.

A lawyer for the three women said Cosby's motion to dismiss isn't a surprise. Lawyers for Cosby didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Video-Promoting-Comedy-Concert-295664041.html

Bill Cosby Releases Short Video Promoting Upcoming Comedy Date
Published at 5:06 PM EDT on Mar 9, 2015

Bill Cosby has a new video message out.

In the video released Monday, he doesn't address assault allegations made against him, but instead promotes his upcoming Saturday show in Wheeling, West Virginia.

Cosby is seated in an easy chair, dressed in fuchsia-colored pajamas, as he speaks into a phone in the 10-second spot.

"You know I'll be hilarious," he says. "Can't wait." :rolleyes:

A note released along with the video reads, "Dear fans, I hope you enjoy my wonderful video message that's filled with laughter... Hey, hey, hey, I'm far from finished."

His reference to "far from finished" invokes the title of his ongoing comedy tour that's seen more than a dozen shows canceled.

Since November, more than 20 women have leveled various assault accusations against Cosby. He has not been charged with a crime and he has denied some of the allegations through his attorneys.

Two of Bill Cosby's upcoming shows have been canceled, but his promoter says three other dates this month remain on the comedian's schedule.

Cosby's shows in Warren, Ohio, and Lexington, Kentucky, will not be held. Promoter Carlos Larraz said in an email Monday that he, Cosby and the venues mutually agreed to the cancellations. Four of Cosby's shows last month also were canceled.

Larraz said upcoming shows in Wheeling and Charleston, West Virginia, and Baltimore remain on Cosby's schedule.

Cosby has become a target of criticism and canceled shows as the number of women who have accused the 77-year-old comedian of drugging and sexually assaulting them has grown. He's also being sued for defamation by three women and another woman has filed a civil suit against him, alleging he molested her when she was 15 years old.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Allegations-Speaker-Wont-Speak-299461611.html

Temple: Bill Cosby Won't Speak at Commencement
Updated at 11:58 PM EDT on Saturday, Apr 11, 2015

Temple University alumnus Bill Cosby won't be a speaker at the university's commencement next month, as he has often been at past ceremonies.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Temple officials confirmed Saturday that Cosby will not speak at the May 8 commencement.

University spokesman Ray Betzner said Cosby spoke in the past "as a member of the board of trustees" but resigned months ago "and so is not on the program."

Cosby resigned from the board Dec. 1 after serving for more than three decades. He had been a wildly popular speaker at university commencements for years.

The action came after renewed allegations by women alleging decades-old sexual assaults. Cosby has strongly denied wrongdoing :rolleyes: and has never been criminally charged.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-scandal-widens-three-more-accusers-come-191225261.html

Bill Cosby Scandal Widens as Three More Accusers Come Forward
The Wrap
By Tim Kenneally and Pamela Chelin
April 23, 2015 3:12 PM

Comedian Bill Cosby, who in recent months has been mired in numerous accusations of sexual assault, once again found himself in the line of fire on Thursday as three more alleged victims came forward.

The trio of women told their stories at the office of attorney Gloria Allred. The women, who had previously not made their allegations publicly known, included a former model who alleged that she was victimized at the Playboy Mansion in Chicago.

During Thursday’s press conference one alleged victim, Janice Baker-Kinney, claimed that she was assaulted by Cosby in May 1982 while working as a bartender in the showrooms at Harrah’s in Reno. Baker-Kinney claimed that she went to where Cosby was staying for a “pizza party,” which turned out to be a party for just three people. According to Baker-Kinney, Cosby offered her a pill, then advised her to take two pills. Her vision became blurry while playing backgammon with Cosby, she claimed, after which she passed out.

When she woke up, she claimed, her jeans were unzipped and her blouse opened. Cosby asked her if she was OK, but then put his hand inside her blouse, Baker-Kinney said. She claimed she woke up naked in bed with Cosby the next morning.

“This is between me and you,” Cosby allegedly told Baker-Kinney, placing his fingers to his mouth as if to make a “shhh” sign. The alleged victim recalled telling the comedian that she would not go to the media with her story.

A second alleged victim, Marcella Tate, told reporters at the conference that, in 1975, when she was a model, she met Cosby via mutual friends at Faces, a club in Chicago. Tate claims that Cosby later called her one night, asking her to pick him up from the airport and drop him off at the Playboy Mansion. According to Tate, she had a glass of wine with Cosby in the mansion. Though her memory of what happened next was “cloudy,” Tate said she ended up in bed in a different room with a naked Cosby.

Tate said that she knew she had been in a sexual situation with the comedian, which wasn’t her intention, adding that she believed she was “targeted and drugged by Bill Cosby.”

“I feel that Mr. Cosby has no regard for women or their safety,” Tate told reporters.

The third alleged victim, Autumn Burns, claimed that she met Cosby in 1970 when she was 20 and working as a game starter at the Sahara. According to Burns, the comedian gave her $500 to gamble with or do whatever she wanted with, and invited her to his show.

After the show, Burns claimed, Cosby gave her a drink and called her into his bedroom. She recalled feeling “woozy” and “not in control” as Cosby, naked in bed, told her to sit on the edge.

Cosby then grabbed her by the back of the neck and stuck his erect penis down her throat :eek:, Burns claimed.

The comedian then lifted her up and had sex with her, claimed Burns, who added that she had carried shame all of her life due to the incident.

During the conference, Allred said that she has more alleged Cosby victims coming forward.

In recent months, Cosby has been accused of sexual assault by numerous women, a common theme being that he drugged his alleged victims beforehand. Cosby’s attorney, Martin Singer, has denied the previous claims. TheWrap has reached out to Singer for comment on the trio of new accusers who came forward Thursday.

In the wake of the accusations, Cosby has suffered some career setbacks, with Netflix postponing a comedy special that was to have aired late last year, and NBC shelving a comedy that it was developing as a possible starring vehicle for Cosby.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/bill-cosby-actress-appeared-cosby-show-accuser-report-040051344.html

Bill Cosby: Actress Who Appeared on 'Cosby Show' Is New Accuser (Report)
‎May‎ ‎03‎, ‎2015

Lili Bernard, a former actress who is listed as having appeared on The Cosby Show, has reportedly stepped forward as a new accuser with rape claims leveled against Bill Cosby.

Bernard was mentored by the comedian, USA Today reported, and made an appearance on the show in 1992 as Mrs. Minifield in the episode "Bring Me the Lip Gloss of Deirdre Arpelle." The former actress is one of two women that made public claims at a New York press conference on Friday (May 1) alleging that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted them in the 1990s.

According to the newspaper's report, another accuser, Sammie Mays, also appeared at the press conference and said she met Cosby in the late 1980s while covering a convention in New Orleans. She claims she was sexually assaulted during an interview in his hotel room after he gave her a drink and she lost consciousness, USA Today reported.
Chelsea Handler Reveals 'Really Weird' Bill Cosby Incident

Gloria Allred represented the women at the press conference.

"Unlike most other states, New Jersey has no statue of limitations for rape, which means that law enforcement is not prevented from prosecuting a case because of an arbitrary time period set by law," Allred said, as quoted by the newspaper.

https://gma.yahoo.com/exclusive-bil...egations-143309487--abc-news-celebrities.html

Exclusive: Bill Cosby Breaks Silence About Sexual Assault Allegations
By ABC NEWS
19 hours ago
Good Morning America

Bill Cosby is responding to questions about allegations of sexual assault for the first time in an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Linsey Davis.

The actor and comedian is in Alabama, where he is spreading his message of education :rolleyes:, preparing to speak with students later today. Cosby, 77, admitted that he expects some backlash.

“I think that many of them may say, ‘Well, you are a hypocrite. You say one thing, you say another,’” he told Davis. “My point is, 'OK, listen to me carefully. I’m telling you where the road is out. I’m telling you where, as you drive, you are going to go into the water. Now, you want to go here or you want to be concerned about who is giving you the message?'”

More than 30 women have come forward in the past six months, some accusing Cosby of drugging or sexually assaulting them. His legal team has issued a number of denials. Cosby has never been criminally charged. Three of his accusers have filed a defamation lawsuit against him, which Cosby is trying to get dismissed.

In an effort to turn the page, Cosby is now part of an initiative to bring awareness about the state of underfunded schools near Selma, Alabama. But will the allegations overshadow his message?

“It’s interesting. When I talk to people they will say, ‘This is a situation that’s unprecedented.’ I, my family, my friends, I have been in this business 52 years," he said. "I’ve never seen anything like this. And reality is the situation. And I can’t speak.”

Cosby has been invited to walk across the historic Edmund Pettus Bridge with students as part of a “March for Education.” The program is hosted by the Black Belt Community Foundation, a nonprofit group dedicated to improving the lives of citizens in a 12-county section of Alabama known as the “Black Belt” area.

Cosby’s participation sparked an online firestorm, something that organizers admit made them think twice about his involvement.

“We had some very rich discussions about it, but at the end of the day what was most important was: How do we make sure the world knows that Black Belt children matter?” said Felecia Lucky, the organization’s president.

Cosby, whose long career has included his portrayal of Cliff Huxtable on “The Cosby Show,” still talks about the possibility of a return to TV.

“I really know about what I want to do tomorrow -- in the tomorrows that follow,” he told Davis. “I have a ton of ideas to put on television for a series about people and their behavior and their love for each other.”

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...r_Response_to_Rape_Allegations-304482351.html

Janice Dickinson Suing Bill Cosby for Defamation After Response to Rape Allegations
By Lily Harrison and Claudia Rosenbaum
Updated at 8:38 PM EDT on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Dickinson-Cosby.jpg

Janice Dickinson is "seeking justice" and suing Bill Cosby for defamation and emotional distress, her attorney Lisa Bloom tells E! News.

"Janice is not only alleging that Bill Cosby drugged and raped her in 1982, but he re-victimized her in 2014 by sending out his representatives to publically ridicule her. That's called defamation," Bloom further explained.

"Bill Cosby refused to retract the comment that his representative made about Janice Dickinson being a liar. If they had done that, this lawsuit would not be necessary. But because they refused, her only option to clear her name is this lawsuit. She looks forward to going to court and proving her case which would include proving that Bill Cosby drugged and raped her as she alleges."

Last year, Dickinson opened up to CNN as well as "Entertainment Tonight," claiming that the comedian drugged her in Lake Tahoe in 1982 and subsequently raped her while she was unconscious. She also admitted to taking a photo of Cosby in a robe inside of the room where she claims the incident took place.

"I would like Cosby to come out and at least acknowledge that he is a pig, he is a monster, and he raped me," Dickinson said during her "ET" segment.

At the time, Cosby's jew attorney, Marty Singer, called the allegations "a complete lie."

Dickinson is seeking unspecified damages. At this time, Singer has not responded to E!'s request for comment.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ep-Lid-on-Sex-Assault-Lawsuits-305918551.html

Bill Cosby Seeks to Block Subpoena Linked to Settlement of Sex-Assault Lawsuit
Published at 8:32 PM EDT on Jun 2, 2015

Bill Cosby is seeking to keep the lid on material linked to a confidential 2006 settlement of a Philadelphia sex-assault lawsuit.

Cosby's lawyers moved Tuesday to block a subpoena sent to a lawyer for the Philadelphia accuser by three women now suing Cosby for defamation in Massachusetts.

Tamara Green, Therese Serignese and Linda Traitz accuse Cosby of defaming them by having his agents deny their claims that the actor had molested them in the 1970s.

They believe documents from the former Temple University employee's lawsuit will help their cause. Andrea Constand accused Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting her at his suburban mansion. However, her settlement with the actor is protected by a confidentiality agreement.

Cosby's lawyers argued Tuesday that court confidentiality agreements "should not be set aside lightly."

Defense lawyer George M. Gowen asked the Pennsylvania court to at least wait until a judge rules on Cosby's bid to throw out the Massachusetts case. He also asked for the right to review and challenge any material set to be unsealed.

The motion was filed in federal court in Philadelphia.

Cosby, 77, has denied wrongdoing and has not been charged with a crime.

The Massachusetts plaintiffs are among dozens of women who have stepped forward in recent years with assault accusations against Cosby.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...n-Seek-Filings-in-Settled-Case-307184201.html

Cosby Wins Delay as Women Seek Filings in Settled Case
Updated at 11:46 PM EDT on Friday, Jun 12, 2015

Bill Cosby has won at least a temporary delay of efforts by three Massachusetts women to unseal material from an earlier Pennsylvania court case that he settled.

The three women allege the comedian defamed them when his agents denied that he had sexually abused them in the 1970s.

They hope the lawyer for a woman who settled the Pennsylvania case against Cosby in 2006 can support their claims. They have subpoenaed her. Cosby wants the subpoena quashed.

A federal judge Thursday agreed to put the subpoena on hold.

U.S. District Judge John Padova says he'll wait until a Massachusetts court decides whether to throw out the women's defamation lawsuit before he rules.

The plaintiffs in Massachusetts are Tamara Green, Therese Serignese and Linda Traitz.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/06/27/cosby-lawyer-unsealing-court-docs-terribly-embarrassing/

Cosby Lawyer: Unsealing Court Docs ‘Terribly Embarrassing’
June 27, 2015 11:48 AM

cosby.jpg

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A lawyer for Bill Cosby argued Friday that it would be “terribly embarrassing” for the comedian if documents from a 2005 sex-assault lawsuit were unsealed.

Cosby is fighting efforts by The Associated Press to unseal motions from a lawsuit he settled with a former Temple University employee.

The lawsuit accused Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting the woman at Cosby’s home. The settlement is confidential.

Cosby’s lawyer argued that his client’s deposition could reveal details of Cosby’s marriage, sex life and prescription drug use.

“It would be terribly embarrassing for this material to come out,” lawyer George M. Gowen III argued.

He said the public should not have access to what Cosby was forced to say as he answered questions under oath from the accuser’s lawyer nearly a decade ago.

“Frankly, … it would embarrass him, (and) it would also prejudice him in eyes of the jury pool in Massachusetts,” Gowen said.

More than a dozen women have since accused Cosby of sexually assaulting them, and three have a defamation lawsuit pending against him in Massachusetts. They allege that he defamed them when his agents said their accusations were untrue. Cosby is trying to get their case thrown out before discovery. He has never been charged with any related crimes.

U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno asked Friday why Cosby would be embarrassed by the release of his sworn testimony, given that the accusations in the Temple woman’s lawsuit are already in the public eye.

“Why would he be embarrassed by his own version of the facts?” Robreno asked.

The lawyers also argued over whether Cosby was a public figure entitled to a lesser degree of privacy.

Lawyer Gayle Sproul, representing the AP, called him “an icon” particularly in Philadelphia, who “held himself out as someone who would guide the public in ways of morality.”

Robreno had never decided whether the temporary seal on some filings should be made permanent before the case settled in 2006. Under local court rules, Cosby has the burden to show why seals should not be lifted after two years, the AP argued.

Gowen argued that Cosby might not have forged the confidential settlement if he thought his deposition testimony and other motions would someday get out.

The judge did not indicate when he would rule. He could side with Cosby, with the AP, or strike a middle ground and release some of the documents, perhaps with redactions negotiated between Cosby and a lawyer for the ex-Temple employee, Andrea Constand.

“Every case about sex and drugs involves a certain amount of embarrassment,” Robreno noted.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ttorney-Lili-Bernard-Ed-Jacobs-311418581.html

Attorney: No Charges for Bill Cosby in Atlantic City

His lawyer says Bill Cosby will not face charges stemming from a woman's allegations that the comedian sexually assaulted her in Atlantic City decades ago.

Actress Lili Bernard met with police in May after claiming Cosby drugged and raped her.

Attorney Ed Jacobs tells The Press of Atlantic City in a letter that the Atlantic County prosecutor has ended the investigation and closed the case.

Jacobs wrote that the allegations predate state law that sets a statute of limitations on sexual assaults that occurred before 1996.

Bernard's attorney Gloria Allred tells the newspaper that ``statute of limitations'' appear to be Cosby's three favorite words. :p

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/07/06/cosby-said-he-got-drugs-to-give-women-for-sex/

AP: Bill Cosby Admitted He Got Drugs To Give Women For Sex
July 6, 2015 5:29 PM

bill_cosby.jpg

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he got Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and he admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman and “other people,” according to documents obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The AP had gone to court to compel the release of the documents; Cosby’s lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client.

The 77-year-old comedian was testifying under oath in a lawsuit filed by a former Temple University employee. He testified he gave her three half-pills of Benadryl.

Cosby settled that sexual-abuse lawsuit for undisclosed terms in 2006. His lawyers in the Philadelphia case did not immediately return phone calls Monday.

Cosby has been accused by more than two dozen women of sexual misconduct, including allegations by many that he drugged and raped them in incidents dating back more than four decades. Cosby, 77, has never been criminally charged, and most of the accusations are barred by statutes of limitations.

Cosby resigned in December from the board of trustees at Temple, where he was the popular face of the Philadelphia school in advertisements, fundraising campaigns and commencement speeches.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ade-Making-Assault-Allegations-311872851.html

Bill Cosby Controversy: A Decade in the Making
Published at 8:05 PM EDT on Jul 6, 2015

The sexual assault allegations that resurfaced against Bill Cosby first became public in 2005 after a former employee of his alma mater, Temple University, claimed he had drugged and abused her a year earlier at his suburban Philadelphia home. Testimony in that case was unsealed Monday after court action by The Associated Press. Here's how the controversy over the allegations, some dating to the 1960s, has unfolded:
___

Andrea Constand tells police in her native Ontario on Jan. 13, 2005, that Cosby assaulted her a year earlier at his mansion in Cheltenham, Pennsylvania. She said he invited her home after a restaurant dinner, gave her pills for stress and tension, then helped her to a sofa when she became dizzy and sick. She recalled him touching her breast and placing her hand on his penis, and said she awoke with her clothing in disarray and bra undone. She said she drove herself home and decided not to report to police what happened due to Cosby's fame and her position as a Temple women's basketball administrator. Instead, she said she contacted a lawyer who deals with sexual assaults.

Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. decides after a monthlong investigation that there's not enough "credible and admissible evidence," a year after the alleged crime, to prove any charges. Castor adds that he won't divulge details to avoid tainting a possible civil action by Constand, and says "Much exists in this investigation that could be used to portray persons on both sides of the issue in a less than flattering light."

Cosby's lawyer says the comedian "looks forward to moving on with his life," and Cosby makes his only published comments to date about these allegations, telling the National Enquirer that "I am not going to give in to people who try to exploit me because of my celebrity status."

Constand then sues Cosby alleging battery, assault, infliction of emotional distress, defamation and invasion of privacy. She makes the same allegations cited in the summary of her complaint to Canadian police, but also alleges that he "digitally penetrated her." Her suit eventually names nine women — Tamara Green and eight Jane Does — as witnesses who would testify about prior sexual assaults.
___

Tamara Green appears on NBC's "Today" show on Feb. 10, 2005, saying that Constand's allegation about being drugged and assaulted compelled her to speak publicly about an encounter she said she had with Cosby in the 1970s. She says Cosby groped and fondled her at her Los Angeles apartment after immobilizing her with what he said was cold medicine. Cosby's lawyer calls the allegations "absolutely false," and says Cosby did not even recognize her name.
___

Beth Ferrier, identified as Jane Doe No. 5, goes public on June 23, 2005, alleging that as a model in New York in 1984, she met Cosby and they had a brief affair. She claims Cosby drugged her coffee during an encounter in Denver and she woke up hours later in the backseat of her car with her clothes disheveled.
___

Janice Dickinson, in a June 6, 2006, radio interview with Howard Stern, describes Cosby as a "bad guy" and says he "preys on women." She says her publishing company forced her to downplay passages in a 2002 memoir about an alleged encounter the model and comedian had 20 years earlier. The book says Cosby was upset when she declined to go to his hotel room, saying "After all I've done for you, that's what I get?"
___

Barbara Bowman is named in a June 9, 2006, Philadelphia magazine report as one of the Jane Does giving depositions or statements in support of Constand's lawsuit. Constand and Cosby settle their claims out of court for an undisclosed sum that November, but it doesn't stop People magazine from publishing a detailed account of Bowman's allegations a month later. Bowman tells People that Cosby won her trust as an 18-year-old aspiring actress in 1985 and drugged and assaulted her multiple times in Reno, Nevada and Atlantic City, New Jersey.
___

Eight years pass.
___

In January 2014, The New York Times publishes an open letter by Dylan Farrow accusing another celebrity — her stepfather, Woody Allen — of abusing her as a child. Newsweek magazine follows in February, reviving the allegations from the one-time "Jane Does," publishing interviews in February with Green and Bowman.

Comedian Hannibal Buress makes "you rape women, Bill Cosby" a laugh line in his standup routine. Cosby's planned return to television begins to implode.

Bowman then writes in The Washington Post that "Cosby had drugged and raped me, too." Her Nov. 13 essay questions why it took a male comedian's comments to create the public outcry.
___

Joan Tarshis comes forward on Nov. 16, 2014, alleging that Cosby drugged and assaulted her in 1969, when she was 19. She says Cosby forced her to perform oral sex on him during one encounter, and then drugged and raped her in another. Cosby's lawyer issues a blanket denial of "decade-old, discredited allegations," stating that "the fact that they are being repeated does not make them true." The next day, Cosby's lawyer clarifies that his statement does not apply to Constand.

Dickinson then reappears, telling "Entertainment Tonight" on Nov. 18 that Cosby sexually assaulted her in 1982. She says Cosby gave her red wine and a pill in a Lake Tahoe, California, hotel room. Dickinson says she wrote about the alleged assault in a draft of her 2002 autobiography, "No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel," but that Cosby and his lawyers pressured her and the publisher to remove the claim.

Netflix indefinitely postpones the Nov. 27, 2014, premiere of a Cosby comedy special, "Bill Cosby 77." NBC then scraps a Cosby comedy series under development, and TV Land stops airing reruns of "The Cosby Show."

Castor — the prosecutor who decided not to bring charges in 2005 — reveals that Cosby had been evasive during his investigation. "I think when he said that he didn't do anything improper or illegal, I thought then he was lying and I still do," he tells The Associated Press. But Castor says there was not enough evidence to prove anything.

___

Therese Serignese, named in documents as a "Jane Doe," comes forward as Cosby's 7th named accuser, alleging that he drugged and assaulted her in 1976, when she was 19. The same day, Nov. 20, 2014, the AP releases video from a Nov. 6 interview with Cosby and his wife, Camille, when they were being asked about their decision to loan paintings and other artworks to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African Art in Washington, D.C. When asked about the sex allegations resurfacing, Cosby refuses to discuss them. Later, with a microphone still attached and the camera rolling, he questions the news organization's integrity for raising the issue and says, "I would appreciate if it was scuttled."

___

Judy Huth becomes the first woman to go public with a claim Cosby abused her when she was underage, filing a lawsuit Dec. 2 in Los Angeles Superior Court alleging the comedian forced her to perform a sex act in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion around 1974, when she was 15. On Dec. 4, Cosby's attorney Martin D. Singer responds in a court filing, writing the lawsuit followed a failed attempt by Huth a decade ago to sell a story about the comedian to a tabloid and try to extort money in exchange for her silence. Los Angeles police detectives meet with Huth for 90 minutes to discuss the allegations, and 10 days later on Dec. 16, Los Angeles prosecutors decline to file charges against Cosby.

___

Chloe Goins, a model, meets with Los Angeles police Jan. 14 to discuss her claims Cosby drugged and sexually abused her at the Playboy Mansion in August 2008. She is the first woman accusing Cosby of sexual misconduct whose case may fall within the statute of limitations. In a Jan. 16 statement, Cosby's attorney Martin D. Singer writes Cosby was in New York the night Goins claims he was at the Playboy Mansion.

___

Helen Gumpel, a former fashion model and actress previously known as Helen Selby, who appeared on one episode of "The Cosby Show" in 1988, holds a Feb. 8 news conference at a Boston hotel, alleging Cosby made sexual advances and lewd gestures toward her while she was on the set of the show.

___

Jennifer Thompson, in an interview with The Associated Press published March 10, says that as an aspiring actress and model in the late 1980s, she fended off unwanted sexual advances from Cosby, and that Cosby once gave her $700 after she performed a sex act on the comedian. Her parents, William and Judy Thompson, say they met with Cosby when their daughter was 17, and that he promised to help their daughter, reassuring them she would be fine living in an apartment with other models as she launched her career. :rolleyes:

___

Lise-Lotte Lublin, a former model, asks Nevada lawmakers on March 13 to remove the state's statute of limitations on sexual assault, saying she passed out in the Las Vegas Hilton in 1989 after Cosby gave her two alcoholic drinks. The former model says she remembers Cosby stroking her hair, and then she woke up at home. After hearing similar allegations from other women, she concluded something happened to her while unconscious. She says she filed a police report in January, but was told Cosby couldn't be charged because too much time had passed. On May 26, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval signs a bill extending the state's reporting deadline for sex assaults from four years to 20 years after the date of the alleged crime.

___

In summer 2015, Cosby fights efforts by The Associated Press to unseal his deposition in the lawsuit brought by Andrea Constand a decade earlier, with his lawyer saying it would reveal details of the comedian's marriage, sex life and prescription drug use and would "be terribly embarrassing." On Monday, a judge releases the documents, revealing that Cosby admitted in 2005 that he got quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and that he gave the sedative to at least one woman and "other people." He also said that he had given Constand three half-pills of Benadryl but did not admit to giving her quaaludes. Lawyers for some of the women making accusations express hope that the revelations will help other cases.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...d-to-bring-charges-against-cosby-in-the-past/

Former DA Explains Why He Declined To Bring Charges Against Cosby In The Past
July 7, 2015 6:06 PM
By Alexandria Hoff

bruce-castor.jpg

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — In February of 2005, then-Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor, released that he would not bring charges against Bill Cosby for the alleged assault of a former Temple University employee.

At the time, Castor said he found that, “Insufficient, credible, and admissible evidence exists upon which any charge against Mr. Cosby could be sustained beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Now, with the recent release of Cosby’s testimony Castor says he is now able to reveal more about his decision not to prosecute a man he believed to be guilty.

“I thought the record would be sealed and I would go to my grave the only one who knew, aside from the people who worked on the case, how it is we set up the scenario to get him,” said Castor, a current Montgomery County Commissioner from his office on Tuesday.

He explained that by announcing that he would not be prosecuting a weak criminal case, his team stripped Cosby of his 5th protection during the civil case that followed. Castor says this strengthened the victim’s ability to be awarded damages.

“Did he know that the judge was going to unseal those documents? I guarantee you he didn’t know that,” said Castor, who added that typically, a legal team will have to reapply for cases to remain sealed and that in this case they may have “dropped the ball.” :rolleyes:

Now that the documents are unsealed, there may be reason to take a closer look according to Castor who is also re-running for District Attorney. :rolleyes:

“If in fact, I am the District Attorney in January and the deposition was taken in Montgomery County, what I would do is get those depositions and have them tear them apart, word-for-word and try to disprove all the face in there that were material.”

If a legal team were able to find inconsistencies in Cosby’s testimony, he could be eligible to be charged with perjury.

Since the documents were only made public as of this week, the five-year statute of limitation on them will now expire in 2020.

Back