Barack Obama: spawn of a black African father and a white American mother

Re: Senator-elect Barack Obama,

Some stupid fluff piece about this nigger who went to an all White school; check out the fro!

IMAGES ASSOCIATED PRESS / COURTESY THE OAHUAN, PUNAHOU SCHOOL YEARBOOK

artobama.jpg

Punahou left lasting impression on Obama

Punahou left lasting impression on Obama
Then known as Barry, the presidential hopeful went against the grain

Long before he became Barack Obama -- junior senator from Illinois and presidential candidate -- he was just Barry, the good-natured, unassuming kid.

He loved basketball. He loved books. He always wore a smile. He got along with everyone.

He did not come from privilege, but was able to attend the exclusive Punahou School based on his achievement and with the help of financial aid.

He was, according to former classmates, just one of the guys.

But he also was more than the average Joe, and friends knew that, too.

They listened to rock 'n' roll; he listened to jazz. They did the required reading; he read "The Fountainhead," by Ayn Rand.

"Everybody liked him," says classmate Kelli Furushima. "He was very friendly, very warm and had a great sense of humor."

Adds Dean Ando, another classmate, "He's always balanced different worlds very well in terms of academics, socializing and athletics. He just did more than the average guy."

Obama is expected to formally announce Saturday in Springfield, Ill., that he is a presidential candidate for the 2008 election.

Some former Punahou classmates say they never saw it coming.

"He just seemed really laid back in school," says Furushima, 45. "He became political sometime afterward, because I did not see any hint of that in high school. ... Except for one thing."

She recalls a poem he once wrote that showed there was more to her classmate than just basketball and books.

art2a.jpg

This 1976 photo provided by the Oahuan, the yearbook of Punahou School, shows Barack Obama, in front row, fourth from right, posing with his ninth-grade class outside Punahou School

"It was something about an old man on an old forgotten road," Furushima says. "It was something to the effect of 'In my honor he pulled out old forgotten dignity and walked straight in a crooked world.'

"Kids in high school don't normally write poetry like that."

His maturity for someone their age also was notable.

"Barry was into things that other kids our age weren't into," says Ando, 46, recalling a time in middle school when they went to a record store just to browse.

"He went through the entire jazz section while we were there. ... That affects me to this day -- he's the one who introduced me to jazz."

He had that effect on a lot of people, many of whom describe him as the guy everybody liked and who got along with everyone else.

"In retrospect, everybody enjoyed having him as a classmate," said Mitchell Kam, another member of the Punahou Class of 1979.

That is also why many say they were surprised to read about his internal personal struggle, which he detailed in his 1995 memoir, "Dreams from My Father."

"In this lyrical, unsentimental, and compelling memoir, the son of a black African father and a white American mother searches for a workable meaning to his life as a black American," the book's jacket reads.

In it, Obama recalls the experience of his childhood and how he dealt with some discrimination, even in a racially diverse location such as Hawaii.

He describes how he endured taunts on his first day of school as a 10-year-old entering fifth grade, after kids learned of his real name and of his African heritage, having a father from Kenya.

"I spent the rest of the day in a daze," he wrote. "A redheaded girl asked to touch my hair and seemed hurt when I refused. A ruddy-faced boy asked me if my father ate people."

Ando recalls a rumor he heard that Obama was the son of a Kenyan prince -- a rumor that Obama himself confessed to starting at lunch one day, only to regret it later when he learned that his father, Barack Sr., was coming to visit the school.

But even that turned out OK, as classmates heard the lush descriptions of his father's homeland and the stories of his tribe's cultural practices.

Ando was among those classmates.

"All I remember is Barry was just so happy that day it was incredible," he said. "What I remember most was the dad and Barry had the same smile. His dad was wearing this nice blue blazer, and he was nice to us, he talked to us."

As a teenager, Obama went to parties and sometimes sought out gatherings on military bases or at the University of Hawaii that were mostly attended by blacks. He wrote of how he experimented with drugs and let his grades slip in his final years of high school, before ultimately getting on the path that took him to where he is now.

"For him, he was expressing how he was sort of a lost person trying to find direction but got on the road to a successful, productive life," says Kam. "He learned from that experience, and I hope that's what people take out of that."

art2b.jpg

Obama takes a jump shot over a defender. He came off the bench his senior year to help the BuffanBlue win a state championship

Punahou President James Scott recalls how Obama was able to relate his experience to a class of seniors in 2004, just weeks after being elected to the U.S. Senate.

"His opening comment to the students when he spoke was, 'For those of you who are behind in your applications, and you're not living up to your full potential and you're talking back to your parents -- there's hope for you that maybe you can be a senator someday,'" Scott says.

"Part of his message was Punahou gave him the foundation to grow to his full promise as a human being," Scott adds. "He really didn't get that or understand that until after he left here, which is what happens to a lot of high school kids wherever they are."

In an essay for the Punahou Bulletin, published in 1999, two decades after his high school graduation, Obama wrote, "The opportunity that Hawaii offered -- to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect -- became an integral part of my world view, and a basis for the values that I hold most dear."

And whether he stays in the Senate or moves over to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., the bottom line for those who know him is that Hawaii, and Punahou, will always be with him.

Furushima, who says Obama "used to write really sweet things in my yearbook," will always remember him as "such a nice guy who still seems to care about everyone."

"Despite what he may have felt, he doesn't have any sour grapes against anyone."

Re: Senator-elect Barack Obama,

Ha ha. Orange vandal. That is hilarious. I'm gonna use that phrase if you don't mind.

I'm still trying to figure out what his realistic chances of being nominated are. Months ago I never would have even thought this a possibility. This guy is a complete surprise to me in a lot of ways.

I'm just trying not to imagine waking up in the future and seeing him president. What am I gonna say then? "Oh, I never thought it would happen." ya know?

www.NiggerObama.com

Barack Obama: What do you think is his agenda?

Barack Obama: What do you think is his agenda?

I am not interested in his 'agenda'.

He, as a half-black presidential candidate, is part of the 'agenda'
of the 'mudification' of the United States by the promoters of racial/religious and sexual 'diversity'.

Well, the press is continuing to kiss obama's black butt, no surprise there.

I predict that if this continues Czarina Hillery will no doubt have a public fit of enormously humorous proportions, somewhat like a chain reaction, eventually involving, Jessie, Al, and other jigaboo luminaries.

The show continues.

People were shocked to hear that Sen. Barack Obama - a black man who speaks so well...he's such a good speaker - said that he had trouble getting cabs on 60 Minutes. How could a senator and a presidential candidate possibly face discrimination from taxi drivers? But it's a tale as old as rhyme for most black men in this country. I work and live in New York City, and the sight of an empty cab sailing past my outstretched arm is a common occurrence.

Thank God New York is truly a 24-hour metropolis. Trains run well into the wee hours of the morning, and even though you may have to wait a half-hour for a train, you'll hardly ever be stranded in the armpit of the City for long. Not so for London. London tubes stop running around 12:30 and 1 am, leaving bar stragglers and late-night party goers lining up for black cabs. When I was in London last week, I spent an evening with friends in Soho and missed my window for the tube back to my hotel in Earl's Court. I was forced to brave the onslaught of cabs outside of Piccadilly Circus.

The next 20 minutes or so I spent were both familiar and frustrating. I stood alongside Shaftesbury Avenue with my arm extended nearly vertically, standing on my tip-toes just to make sure the cabbies saw me. But empty cab after empty cab sped past. I saw other people, all of them Caucasian, having better luck with cabs down the street, so I rushed in to claim their spots. However, the same thing continued to happen. One cab driver slowed up, glowered at me, and planted his foot on the gas as I approached the car. It was an act that left me both insulted and bewildered, as I questioned why the driver would do something like that. Was it how I was dressed? I didn't know. I was close to returning to my friend's apartment and just crashing there until the tube starting running again, but finally, a cab driver, a white man, pulled up alongside me.

He rolled down his window and cried out, "What didn't that guy stop for you?" I shook my head. "You should report him, mate. He's f*cking racist!" As he drove me to Earl's Court, he explained that many drivers were too scared to pick up black male passengers after all of the "black-on-black" gang killings in South London. The face of Billy Cox, a 15-year-old fatally shot in Clapham, had, quite rightfully, forced Robbie Williams off the tabloid papers for much of the week I was there. His tragic slaying coincided with the release of a UNICEF report that put the UK dead-last in child welfare amongst all industrialized nations, right below the U.S. In the States, it's easy to pin the blame on society's ills on "Others," and it happens in the UK as well. It's not American, it's global. White people can kill and rob each other until Doomsday, but generalizations will continue to be thrown at minorities because of the actions of a few.

It shouldn't be surprising that this stuff happens in London: the British, in many ways, invented racism. I'm a self-professed lover of "all things British," mostly because my heroes--Morrissey, Bowie, Kate Bush, Bryan Ferry, Jarvis Cocker--all hail from the UK. These artists and others like them have helped move culture forward and shown how we are more alike than different, but I am under no delusion that the United Kingdom--or any other so-called liberal European nation--is somehow more enlightened than we "Neanderthal" Americans.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/23/anglophenia.jsp?bc_id=086

-------------

According to the use of general intelligence: Black Apes like Obama should not be picked up by cab drivers since the odds of a chimpout increase exponentially as the fare comes due... :lol:

Ooga booga; Barack Obama's Pro-Nigger Church
03/01/2007

Obama’s Church - Afrocentric, Racist And Bush-Hating

As readers here know, there has been some recent controversy about Barack Obama’s religious background.

Mr. Obama has recently issued statements through his spokesmen in the media (i.e., reporters) which express his shock at being questioned about such things.

Most of his media spokesmen (i.e., reporters) have then gone on to cite his membership in Chicago’s Trinity United Church Of Christ parish as proof that he is just a regular run of the mill American Christian.

But a visit to the Trinity Church’s website proves that it is not your everyday Christian parish:

Trinity United Church of Christ

About Us

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christianâ┚¬¦ Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mammy continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics:confused: must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education:confused:
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence:confused:
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic:confused: :confused:
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect:confused:
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness":confused:
9. Pledge to make the fruits (bananas) of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.
2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.
3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.:confused:
9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.:confused:

Some excerpts from the "Black Value System" via the Trinity Church’s website (pdf):

BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

Statement of Purpose

We honor Dr. Manford Byrd, our brother in Christ, because of the exemplary manner in which he has thrice withstood the ravage of being denied his earned ascension to the number one position in the Chicago School Systemâ┚¬¦

The Black Value System

These Black Ethics must be taught and exampled in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect the following concepts:

Commitment of God

“The God of our weary years"� will give us the strength to give up prayerful passivism and become Black Christian Activist, soldiers for Black freedom and the dignity of all humankindâ┚¬¦

Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect

To accomplish anything worthwhile requires self-discipline. We must be a community of self-disciplined persons, if we are to actualize and utilize our own human resources instead of perpetually submitting to exploitation by others. Self discipline coupled with a respect for self, will enable each of us to be an instrument of Black Progress, and a model for Black Youth.

Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness"�

Classic methodology on control of captives teaches that captors must keep the captive ignorant educationally, but trained sufficiently well to serve the system. Also, the captors must be able to identify the “talented tenth"� of those subjugated, especially those who show promise of providing the kind of leadership that might threaten the captor’s control.

Those so identified as separated from the rest of the people by:

Killing them off directly, and/or fostering a social system that encourages them to kill off one another.

Placing them in concentration camps, and/or structuring an economic environment that induces captive youth to fill the jails and prisons.

Seducing them into a socioeconomic class system which while training them to earn more dollars, hypnotizes them into believing they are better than others and teaches them to think in terms of “we"� and “they"� instead of “us"�â┚¬¦

A visit to the church’s bookstore shows they have been true to their word. It is full of "Afrocentric" books, many of which make the usual preposterous Afrocentric claims, such as that Cleopatra was black, Ize beez a muffugin Egyptian, etc.:

The book store also shamelessly hawks Mr. Osama’s books.

Quotes from Ooga Booga's jig pastor:

The painful truth of who we are and where it is we are in this racist United States of America!

Excuse me! The victims of Hurricane Katrina are no longer on the radar screen of the media. Only Barack, his church, his pastor and white arrogance!

More of this black nigger crap @ link

Can you imagine the uproar if a white candidate belonged to a church that promoted a white value system?

White Side Of Nigger Obamas Fambly Owned Slaves
March 1, 2007

Census records, genealogical research indicate forbears of Obama's mother had slaves

WASHINGTON -- Many people know that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's father was from Kenya and his mother from Kansas.

But an intriguing sliver of his family history has received almost no attention until now: it appears that forebears of his white mother owned slaves, according to genealogical research and Census records.

The records -- which had never been addressed publicly by the Illinois senator or his relatives -- were first noted in an ancestry report compiled by William Addams Reitwiesner, who works at the Library of Congress and practices genealogy in his spare time. The report, on Reitwiesner's Web site, carries a disclaimer that it is a "first draft" -- one likely to be examined more closely if Obama is nominated.

According to the research, one of Obama's great-great-great-great grandfathers, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 Census in Nelson County, Ky. The same records show that one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers, Mary Duvall, also owned two slaves.

The Sun retraced much of Reitwiesner's work, using Census information available on the Web site ancestry.com and documents retrieved by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, among other sources. The records show that Overall, then 30, owned a 15-year-old black female and a 25-year-old black male, while Mary Duvall, his mother-in-law, owned a 60-year-old black man and a 58-year-old black woman. (Slaves are listed in the 1850 Census by owner, age, "sex," and "colour," not by name.)

An Obama spokesman did not dispute the information and said that the senator's ancestors "are representative of America."

"While a relative owned slaves, another fought for the Union in the Civil War," campaign spokesman Bill Burton said tonight. "And it is a true measure of progress that the descendant of a slave owner would come to marry a student from Kenya and produce a son who would grow up to be a candidate for president of the United States."

The research traces the Duvalls to Mareen Duvall, a major land owner in Anne Arundel County in the 1600s. The inventory of his estate in 1694 names 18 slaves, according to a family history published in 1952.

The records could add a new dimension to questions by some who have asked whether Obama -- who was raised in East Asia and Hawaii and educated at Columbia and Harvard -- is attuned to the struggles of American blacks descended from West African slaves.

"The twist is very interesting," said Ronald Walters, a political scientist who is director of the African-American Leadership Institute at the University of Maryland, College Park. "It deepens his connection with the experience of slavery, even if it deepens it on a different side of the equation."

Gary Boyd Roberts, a senior research scholar at the New England Historic Genealogical Society who published a book on the family lineages of presidents, said he did not think the slave-holding history was "particularly unusual."

"If you have a white Southern mother, or a mother from the middle states who has ancestry in the South, it doesn't strike me that that should be very surprising," he said. While the majority of such families did not own slaves, many with some wealth did, Roberts said.

Reitwiesner's research identifies two other presidential candidates, Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona and former Democratic Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina, as descendants of slave owners. Three of McCain's great-great-grandfathers in Mississippi owned slaves, including one who owned 52 in 1860. Two ancestors of Edwards owned one slave each in Georgia in 1860.

It was unclear tonight whether Obama was aware of any slave-holding ancestors, but he makes no mention of them in his 1995 memoir, Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

The book contains many approving references to his mother's side of the family. At one point, he writes that his mother "could give voice to the virtues of her midwestern past and offer them up in distilled form."

The memoir, however, comes close to confirming the Overall-Duvall lineage -- stopping a generation short. Census and other records complete the gaps.

In a reference to his American ancestry, Obama writes "while one of my great-great-grandfathers, Christopher Columbus Clark, had been a decorated Union soldier, his wife's mother was rumored to have been a second cousin of Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederacy."

Clark was actually Obama's great-great-great-grandfather, according to Reitwiesner's research and Census data available at ancestry.com. A 1930 Census document lists Clark, 84, living in the same El Dorado City, Kansas household as a 12-year-old great-grandson, Stanley A. Dunham. Dunham was Obama's grandfather.

Clark's wife, Susan, was the daughter of George Washington Overall, the latest known family slave owner.

Reitwiesner, the researcher, declined to be interviewed for this article. "I'll let my Web page [wargs.com] speak for itself," he said in an e-mail message. The Obama report contains a disclaimer that appears on all of Reitwiesner's work: "The following material â┚¬¦ should not be considered either exhaustive or authoritative, but rather as a first draft."

Continued>>

Columnist proves to be an NNN reader

Columnist says Obama’s church has ’black supremacist’ agenda

Presidential candidate Barack Obama’s home church in Chicago pushes a black separatist agenda, says columnist, author and speaker Erik Rush. According to the conservative Christian writer, Senator Obama’s congregation — Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago — "is not simply Afrocentric, it’s African-centric."

arton7351.jpg

Rush says when visiting Trinity’s website, he was disturbed to learn that Trinity United Church of Christ professes a commitment to the "Black Family," the "Black Community," and the "Black Work Ethic," and "pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Values System."

"The first thing that I did was that I went through the list and I substituted the words white for black in it," the columnist notes. " And I, in addition to being disturbed, wondered just how far a white candidate with beliefs like that would get. It looked like it was either being overlooked or excused, and I thought that it needed to be brought to light."

One could argue that Obama’s church "worships things African to a far greater degree than they do Christ," Rush contends. Meanwhile, he says the writings and speech of Trinity United’s pastor, Jeremiah Wright, appear to be more Marxist than Christian.

Rush formed this opinion of Wright "after doing some digging and then seeing him appear on Fox News the night after I did," the columnist points out. He says he became convinced that the pastor’s views are "nothing short of militant ; and he complains about living in the United States of white America and ... talks about giving back to the black community, et cetera."

Rush says "like the Nation of Islam, a white separatist church, or the Branch Davidians, Trinity United Church of Christ more resembles a cult than a church." Senator Obama’s office did not return calls seeking comment.

http://www.nbc10.com/politics/13253505/detail.html

Obomination Now Under Secret Service Protection

POSTED: 4:12 pm EDT May 3, 2007
UPDATED: 4:48 pm EDT May 3, 2007

WASHINGTON -- The Secret Service said Thursday that Democratic Sen. Barack Obama was being placed under its protection, the earliest ever for a presidential candidate.

Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff authorized Obama's protection after consultations with the congressional advisory committee.

Zahren would not provide details of what led to the extra security, but said, "I'm not aware it was based on any threat."

Obama's rival, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, has a Secret Service detail that is provided to all former first ladies.

In the last electio
n, Democratic candidates John Kerry and John Edwards received their protection in February 2004 as they were competing for the party's nomination. Obama's detail comes nine months before the first votes are cast.

Federal law allows candidates to seek protection if they meet a series of standards, including public prominence as measured by polls and fundraising.

In a Feb. 12 interview with The Associated Press, Obama dismissed concerns about his own security but would not answer directly when asked if he had received death threats. The Rev. Jesse Jackson drew early Secret Service protection because of violent threats during his campaigns for president in the 1980s.

"I face the same security issues as anybody," the Illinois senator told the AP. "We're comfortable with the steps we have taken."

Meanwhile, Obama has joined a group of activists seeking to make all Democratic debates available free after their initial broadcast.

In a letter to Democratic Party Chairman Howard D
ean, Obama said, "I am writing in strong support of a letter from a bipartisan coalition of academics, bloggers and Internet activists recently addressed to you and the Democratic National Committee. The letter asks that the video from any Democratic Presidential debate be available freely after the debate, by either placing the video in the public domain, or licensing it under a Creative Commons (Attribution) license."

Noting how Dean's failed presidential campaign in 2004 used the Internet to great success, he said, "I would urge you to take the lead again by continuing to support this important medium of political speech."

Obama Blunder: 10,000 Died In Kansas Tornado

Obama Blunder: 10,000 Died In Kansas Tornado

CBS) RICHMOND, Va. Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech Tuesday, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying thousands had died.

lg

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed," Obama said in a 27-minute speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering art studio for a fundraiser.

The death toll was 12. According to the 2000 census, the population of the town was 1,574.

Obama mentioned the disaster in saying he had been told by the office of Kansas Gov.
Kathleen Sebelius that the state's National Guard had been depleted by its commitment to the Iraq War.

"Turns out that the National Guard in Kansas only had 40 percent of its equipment and they are having to slow down the recovery process in Kansas," Obama said, his shirt sleeves rolled up and his head glistening with sweat.

As he concluded his remarks a few minutes later, he appeared to realize his faux pas.

"There are going to be times when I get tired. There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes," he said.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said later that the senator meant to say "at least 10," instead of 10,000.

Obama stirred the crowd as he often does by lashing President Bush over the unpopular war and noting that he opposed it from the outset.

"How could we have been involved in a war that never should have been authorized, that has already cost us half a trillion dollars," Obama said.

It was Obama's third
visit to Virginia's capital in eight months and it comes as national polls show him trailing Democratic rival Hillary Clinton by 14 points.

But Obama has been the most frequent visitor to the former Confederate capital and stacked up the biggest batch of IOUs.

He visited at least twice in 2005 to campaign for Gov. Timothy M. Kaine and made a swing through the state last year to benefit Republican-turned-Democrat Jim Webb's upset victory over Republican Sen. George Allen.

In February, he keynoted the largest Virginia state party fundraiser ever in Virginia when he addressed Democrats' Jefferson Jackson Dinner. Earlier that day at the executive mansion in the shadow of the Capitol that housed the Confederate Congress, Kaine gave Obama his endorsement, among the first governors to do so.

Tuesday's visit also coincided with announcements of endorsements by Virginia legislators and party leaders for Clinton and by former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards. Five Democratic state legisl
ators announced their support for Clinton while a dozen have endorsed Edwards, according to news released from the campaigns.

Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/sex-ed-for-kind.html

Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

July 18, 2007 1:13 PM

ABC News' Teddy Davis and Lindsey Ellerson Report: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told Planned Parenthood Tuesday that sex education for kindergarteners, as long as it is "age-appropriate," is "the right thing to do."

"I remember Alan Keyes . . . I remember him using this in his campaign against me," Obama said in reference to the conservative firebrand who ran against him for the U.S. Senate in 2004. Sex education for kindergarteners had become an issue in his race against Keyes because of Obama’s work on the issue as chairman of the health committee in the Illinois state Senate.

"'Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners,'" said Obama mimicking Keyes' distinctive style of speech. "Which -- I didn’t know what to tell him (laughter)."

"But it’s the right thing to do," Obama continued, "to provide age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools."

Watch the video:
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3386492

Speaking to a young woman who asked a question about sex education, Obama said, "You, as a peer, can have enormous power over your age cohort but you’ve got to have some support from the schools. You certainly should not have to be fighting each and every instance by providing accurate information outside of the classroom because inside the classroom the only thing that can be talked about is abstinence."

"Keep in mind: I honor and respect young people who choose to delay sexual activity," Obama continued. "I’ve got two daughters, and I want them to understand that sex is not something casual. That's something that we definitely want to communicate and should be part of any curriculum. But we also know that when the statistics tell us that nearly half of 15 to 19 year olds are engaging in sexual activity, that for us to leave them in ignorance is potentially consigning them to illness, pregnancy, poverty, and in some cases, death."

When Obama's campaign was asked by ABC News to explain what kind of sex education Obama considers "age appropriate" for kindergarteners, the Obama campaign pointed to an Oct. 6, 2004 story from the Daily Herald in which Obama had "moved to clarify" in his Senate campaign that he "does not support teaching explicit sex education to children in kindergarten. . . The legislation in question was a state Senate measure last year that aimed to update Illinois' sex education standards with 'medically accurate' information . . . 'Nobody's suggesting that kindergartners are going to be getting information about sex in the way that we think about it,' Obama said. 'If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards.'"

In addition to local schools informing kindergarteners that babies do not come from the stork, the state legislation Obama supported in Illinois, which contained an "opt out" provision for parents, also envisioned teaching kindergarteners about "inappropriate touching," according to Obama's presidential campaign. Despite Obama's support, the legislation was not enacted.

Tales From the (stinky) Obama’s Bedroom

September 6, 2007, 11:58 am
Tales From the Obama’s Bedroom
By Katharine Q. Seelye

When is some information too much information?

In an interview with Glamour magazine, Michelle Obama reveals that her husband, Barack, is so “snore-y and stinkyâ┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡� when he wakes up in the morning that their daughters won’t crawl into bed with him.
The interview, in the magazine’s October issue, was conducted by Tonya Lewis Lee, who is married to Spike Lee, the filmmaker.
Referring to their daughters, Mrs. Obama says: “We have this ritual in the morning. They come in my bed, and Dad isn’t there — because he’s too snore-y and stinky, they don’t want to ever get into bed with him. But we cuddle up and we talk about everything from what is a period to the big topic of when we get a dog: what kind?â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�
Mrs. Obama has been famous, of course, for humanizing her husband with such homespun details, including his habit of not picking up his socks. Is this useful information? With a voracious media out there, the line is getting blurrier and blurrier. But Mrs. Obama seems to feel it serves a purpose.
“Barack is very much human,â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡� Mrs. Obama tells Glamour in response to a reader who wants to know why Mrs. Obama thinks she has been criticized for discussing her home life in such detail. “So let’s not deify him, because what we do is we deify, and then we’re ready to chop it down. People have notions of what a wife’s role should be in this process, and it’s been a traditional one of blind adoration. My model is a little different — I think most real marriages are.â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/06/tales-from-the-obamas-bedroom/

Re: Tales From the (stinky) Obama’s Bedroom

Must be either jigaboo funk, or, the senator has problems with flatulence.

Now Obanana beez a coconut

Obama’s one of us, say Asian supporters

PIEDMONT, CA — Senator Barack Obama is set to break away from the conventional campaign trail and give equal priority to winning the votes of Asian American-Pacific Islander groups, including the Filipino community.

The strategy will build on Obama’s ties to Asian culture, a fact that the prospective presidential candidate has been faulted for not highlighting as much as his having a Caucasian mother.

“Not too many people are aware that Barack had an Indonesian stepfather and has an Indonesian American stepsister living in Hawaii,â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡� said Wilma Chan on Saturday, September 22, during the initial strategizing meeting of Northern California’s Asians for Obama movement held at her residence in this city.

Chan was a three-term member of the California Assembly, representing the 16th district that includes Alameda, Oakland, and Piedmont. She served as majority leaders from 2002-2004, the first woman and first Asian American to hold the position.

The gathering also became the forum for announcing the appointment of Chan as advisory council leader in charge of Obama’s Northern California campaign. Present were members of the various teams working the Bay Area districts, cities and towns, and neighborhoods.

“Barack Obama’s closeness to Asians is rooted in Hawaii where he was born and spent a good 18 years living amid the islands’ cultural and ethnic diversity,â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡� team leader Wayne Nishioka added.

Obama was born to Barack Obama, Sr., a Kenyan immigrant in Indonesia, and Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas. His parents met while they were attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa. The couple divorced when he was 2 years old.

Later, his mother married Lolo Soetoro from Indonesia by whom she had a daughter, Maya. The family then moved to Jakarta in 1967, where Obama attended local schools. He later returned to Honolulu to continue his studies until 1979, when he moved to the mainland.

According to Chan, Obama is anchoring his campaign on the need for change.

“I am convinced that change will come from the grassroots – the various ethnic groups in the country, including Asian Americans, which form a backbone of California’s social and economic life,â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡� Chan said.

“With that and given the exposure of his cultural diversity, Obama is the most viable candidate,â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡� another Bay Area campaign leader, Michael Lee, pointed out. “His integrity, above all, is unquestionable.â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�â┚¬��Ô�Å¡�

Chan took the lead in mapping out strategies to promote Obama’s candidacy to Asian Americans in Northern California. First in the list is saturating the communities with multi-lingual information about his roots and ties to Asian culture.

At the same time, the group conceded, there is a need to unite all Asians – Chinese, Filipinos, Vietnamese, Koreans, Indians, etc. – and get them to identify with key issues that Obama feels very strongly about.

These include his position on immigration and all-out support for family reunification, as well as for transition bi-lingual education.

In addition to producing position papers in various Asian languages, Chan said, more public and press events will be held as the campaign moves on.

On October 2, for instance, mini rallies will be held across Northern California to mark the anniversary of Obama’s declaration of his opposition to the Iraq War. Then on October 20, a National Walk-for-Change Day will be held.

Chan expressed her excitement over the massiveness and purposefulness of the campaign program targeted at the grassroots, specifically Asian Americans.

A political campaign veteran of 20 years, Chan recalled that the last time a similar target-specific program was launched was during the candidacy of the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

While Jackson had a lot of Asians in his team, she said, he did not, however, have the same solid Asian American constituency that Obama has built and counts upon.

Obama: No Hand on Heart for National Anthem

Obama: No Hand on Heart for National Anthem

2007-10-01Time-Obama3.jpg

By Mark Finkelstein | October 20, 2007 - 16:50 ET
During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. -- United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171

Turns out that not wearing a flag lapel pin isn't the only way Barack Obama chooses to show he's a different kind of Democrat.

Have a look at the photo from the October 1, 2007 edition of "Time." It shows Obama, Hillary and Bill Richardson at the Steak Fry of Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) on September 17 in Indianola, IA during [according to the photo caption] the National Anthem. Richardson and Clinton have their hands on their heart. But not Obama. Does he perhaps believe that, like wearing the flag pin, the hand on the heart isn't "true patriotism"?

"Time" ran the photo without comment. I haven't seen coverage of this anywhere else in the MSM. Perhaps some enterprising reporter can ask the Illinois senator about his decision to spurn this American tradition.

Meanwhile, does Obama have some third act or omission planned to demonstrate that he's not falling for those corny, old-fashioned displays of patriotism?

H/t reader J.S.

NOTE: The original version of this item, based on a reader submission, stated that the photo was apparently taken during the Pledge of Allegiance. I've now located the original "Time" image, whose caption states that it was taken during the National Anthem.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-f...a-no-hand-heart-pledge-either-will-msm-notice

Why Does The Media Give Obama Such Special Treatment?

om.jpg

Look at his arrogant monig face! When the arrogant monig first announced his candidacy he proudly proclaimed he was a Moslem; but when it proved negative for his candidacy, he simply said he was a Christian, and he starting having his picture taken in a black church. The press never called him on it.

Back