Barack Obama: spawn of a black African father and a white American mother

S

Sophia

ROBERT A GEORGE IS A BLACK COLUMINIST

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/25681.htm

July 28, 2004 --

TO paraphrase the Beatles, it was 20 years ago today,
Rev. Jackson taught the band to play.

Well, what's the state of "the band" today?

And what does the rise of last night's keynoter,

Barack Obama, suggest for black politics in the 21st century?

Though Ronald Reagan would go on to win an overwhelming re-election victory in 1984, history-making currents were swirling though the Democratic Party, as civil-rights leader Jesse Jackson threw his hat into the Democratic primary.

The neophyte politician ran a strong race, though coming in third behind Gary Hart and eventual nominee Walter Mondale. Along the way, Jackson stumbled badly when calling New York "Hymietown," a slur against J*ws. Still, the campaign succeeded in inspiring younger minority voters. And Jackson would use the contacts he'd gained on the presidential trail to register new voters --helping the Democrats regain the Senate in 1986.

Two decades later, after years of foolish political decisions by Jackson, another man is sparking the imagination of blacks and whites.

Obama was born to a Kenyan father and a white Kansan mother; his parents split up soon afterward.

Obama grew up in Hawaii, later went on to Harvard where became the first black editor of the prestigious Harvard Law Review.

Now a law professor and Illinois state senator, Obama is nearly a lock to win a U.S. Senate seat this fall. He grabbed an impressive 53 percent of the vote in a multi-candidate Democratic primary. Then a sex scandal forced his Republican opponent out of the race. GOP efforts to recruit Chicago football legend Mike Ditka were fruitless.

Obama comes across as polished and professional -- indeed, smooth almost to the point of being slick.

But he draws a crowd whenever he goes.

Make no mistake, the man is a liberal.

Yet he eschews the explicit racial politics of Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton for a more inclusive approach.

He demonstrated this last night, saying,
"I stand here today, grateful for the diversity of my heritage,
aware that my parents' dreams live on in my precious daughters.

I stand here knowing that my story is part of the larger American story,
that I owe a debt to all of those who came before me,
and that, in no other country on earth, is my story even possible."

Democrats push him as part of the "America's Future" generation and (along with Senate candidates of Native American and Latino heritage in Oklahoma and Colorado) a member of their party's "Dream Team."

But the old vanguard of racial politics-- as epitomized by Sharpton --isn't going anywhere soon.

As The Rev himself puts it: "You've always had blacks who have had influence as the inside elected and as outsiders with broad influence.

Obama comes from the inside elected tradition like a Doug Wilder and I come from the outside tradition like a Jackson."

In fact, Sharpton notes that after Jackson's second presidential run, Wilder was Virginia's governor, Carol Moseley Braun was a senator from Illinois and Ron Brown was the chairman of the Democratic National Convention. "In many ways, [if he wins] Obama is the only one, whereas there were three during the height of Jesse's influence."

Has the community advanced since that run? "Yes and no. There are more blacks in Congress and more blacks with wealth. But in some ways less. We're still doubly unemployed. We've made some progress and in other areas no progress.

"One area where we haven't progressed --and that's something I'm going to talk about [tonight] is in the influence of African policy --Sudan. I'm still horrified that the civil-rights leadership hasn't made a real issue out of Sudan. There's no more blatant form of racism in the world than what is going on in Sudan. And even then, some Congressional Black Caucus members only responded after Colin Powell went there. We need to deal with our influence on Sudan. Thus our influence on African policy hasn't advanced since the days of Dubois."

On the one hand, Sharpton rightly shined a light on Sudan three years ago.

However, other things seemed to take priority for him in the interim -- police brutality in Ohio, Naval training in Vieques, the presidential race. Does he feel that he dropped the ball?

Sharpton says, "No. I thought our original challenge would have made other members of the civil-rights leadership involved. I intend to deal with it [tonight] and I intend to go back to the Sudan before Election Day."

As for George W. Bush's request that black voters consider the Republican Party, Sharpton laughs: "President Bush asked several questions at the Urban League last week. I intend to answer those questions tonight."

E-mail:

rgeorge@nypost.com

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040729-123052-3156r.htm

Obama emerges as major party player
By Brian A. DeBose

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

BOSTON --"Barack and Hillary 2008, that's the ticket."

Such comments could be heard from delegates
on the floor of the Democratic National Convention,
charged up after Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama
gave a rousing prime-time keynote address on Tuesday night.

Not lost on blacks in the audience was the sense that --
like Sen. Edward M. Kennedy passing on his legacy to Sen.
ohn Kerry,
both from Massachusetts
Mr. Obama's elevation as a major player in the party represents
a changing of the guard.

At the Democratic National Committee's Black Caucus
meeting yesterday, state officials, lawmakers, delegates and
conventioneers could not stop talking about Mr. Obama, 42,
the lanky Harvard Law School graduate and U.S. Senate candidate,
as a future black leader in the Democratic Party.

"Having been born and raised during the civil rights movement,
I think a lot of what we have done here represents a changing
of the guard but more importantly how well the guard has prepared
and reached out and gotten talent.
This is a bold statement,"
said Thelma Sias, vice president of We Energies, a utility in Milwaukee.

She pointed out that Mr. Obama is not the only young black politician
to make his presence felt here,
describing Rep. Kendrick B. Meek of Florida, Rep. Harold E. FordJr. of Tennessee and
Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick as part of the new talent.

But last night, the Rev. Jesse Jackson
and the Rev. Al Sharpton took their turns at remembering
the past and forecasting the future.

Not to be shown up by anyone was Mr. Sharpton,
who told President Bush why blacks don't vote Republican,
exhibiting his anger over the 2000 election.

"Mr. President, the reason we are fighting so hard,
the reason we took Florida so seriously is our right to vote
wasn't gained because of our age,
our vote was soaked in the blood of martyrs. ...
This vote is sacred to us," Mr. Sharpton said.

He hinted that reparations are the reason blacks vote
for Democrats, although Mr. Kerry, the party's presidential nominee,
said he does not support reparations.

"You said the Republican Party was the party of
[Abraham] Lincoln and Frederick Douglass.
It is true that Mr. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation,
after which there was a commitment to give 40 acres and a mule. ..
. We went all the way to Herbert Hoover,
and we never got the 40 acres. We didn't get the mule.
So we decided we'd ride this donkey as far as it would take us,"
Mr. Sharpton said to thunderous laughter and applause.

In his speech, Mr. Jackson chronicled 60 years of advancements,
from his father's World War II service in segregated regiments
in 1944 to the 1954 Brown v. the Board of Education of
Topeka Supreme Court decision to the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

"To 1984, the Rainbow presidential campaign in San Francisco,
and we came alive ... 2 million new voters;
the Senate in '86; the presidency for Bill Clinton in '92 and '96.

And now 2004, Barack Obama symbolizes
the line of progress and growth," Mr. Jackson said.

He also accused the Bush administration of presiding over
an "induced coup in Haiti" --the world's oldest black republic --where several presidents,
including Mr. Clinton, have presided over violent shifts
in the government's power structure.

Mr. Jackson spoke in his classic Southern-preacher
style to which Democrats are so accustomed
and ended with his signature phrase: "Keep hope alive."

Supporters hope Mr. Obama has what it takes to lead blacks
out of the 20th century and into new opportunities
in the 21st century.

Donsia Strong Hill, a Chicago native
and now Wisconsin's secretary of the
department of regulation and licensing,
said she was most impressed with Mr. Obama's eloquence
in speaking about racism without being race-specific.

"I believe that Barack Obama's speech last night
moved us forward exponentially;
I mean, he hit one out of the park,"
Mrs. Hill said.
"I hope this will move other blacks, to go forward,
who don't give politics a second thought."

The Obama campaign felt the buzz yesterday,
saying 300 new volunteers signed up on its Web site
after the speech
and that the site's number of hits
skyrocketed from 15 per second Tuesday afternoon
to 355 per second that night.

To Steven Horsford, 31 --a national committeeman
who is running for the state senate in Nevada
Mr. Obama represents hope for his own political dreams.

"He is an incredible leader, and his remarks united our party.
He articulated a lot of what young black people in either party
who may not have grown up in the civil rights movement
who want to know why blacks should get
involved in politics," Mr. Horsford said.

He said he knows firsthand the importance
of toning down racial anger and pushing inclusiveness and unity.

"Coming out of Nevada, my job is to get votes for John Kerry,
and the black vote is important, but it is only a part of he vote.
You have to be able to connect with all constituencies," Mr. Horsford said.

Mrs. Hill said Mr. Obama represents a formula:

"difficult upbringing, but worked hard to get an excellent education
and that is what opened the doors."
White observers of Mr. Obama said a diverse educational background
plays a major factor in his respectability with voters.

"You can't undercut the Harvard Law Review"
said Don Means, a senior political adviser for Meetup.com,
which is providing delegates with Internet services
for their Web logs and chat rooms.
"He's one of the most popular people running
at the Senate level in our meet-up groups no matter what state."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MORE REASONS TO KEEP KERRY/HLLARY OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE !

Get out the vote !

I'm getting sick of hearing about this over-hyped orange negro. Why does he get a senate seat without a challenge? It looks like the same crap that went on when Shrillary ran.

Bobster: First itz an orange Vandal, then a red Vandal, then a full blooded darkie! F-k them all...deportation of these Vandal scum is the only and final solution! :angry:

And the White whores who produced the orange vandals should go with them to experience the Sambo culcha first-hand.

Originally posted by The Bobster@Jul 31 2004, 06:59 AM
And the White whores who produced the orange Vandals should go with them to experience the Sambo culcha first-hand.
I agree. How could that white woman mate with a Vandal kneegrow is beyond me! She must have been screwed in the head! :angry:

Orange negro LOL :rotfl: I'll explain what happenned in this (f**k)ed up race.Jack Ryan the republican candidate running against the orange negro was forced out cuz of good ole dirty chicago politics.The chicago tribune fought tooth and nail to get ryan's divorce papers unsealed about his divorce from actress jerry ryan.In the papers there were embarrasing accusations that stated that ryan made his wife perform sex acts with strangers at sex clubs.Because of the scandel ,ryan dropped out(tribune are happy now).Now what the wimp
republicans SHOULD have done was get behind Jim Oberweis (he came in second in primarys).But they DIDNT because of his stance on the IMMIGRATION PROBLEM.Which isn't in line with the president&#39
;s .In
stead they ran with everyother person they could find.The Republicans and The President's for that matter biggest mistake is their handling of the mexcrament problem.Which is a clear
and present danger to america.Pandering to the latrinos(except for maybe some cubans in miami) isn't going help Bush get back in office,its the SOLID WHITE VOTE FROM THE HEARTLAND AND THE SOUTH THAT WILL.

OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!

I never thought of that. :eek:

some pundits this AM on a news show
were saying if Hillary runs in 08
it will be great to have Condi Rice
as the opposition.

I had to sit down and listen to this BS
to be sure I wasnt having a" senior moment"

These media people are so brainwashed
they think of skin-color- bean- counting
without a clue as to ability.

It only has to LOOK
like a multi- culti America !

OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!

Mars would not be far enough ! :no2:

No sh*t, this is very well what could turn up in '08. And you're right, it hasn't a thing to do with experience or ability. It's about "color".

Hillary in 2008 lnks

"Conspiracy to elect Hillary in 2008"

"Hillary in 2008 - or prepare for Armageddon"

7085032_F_tn.jpg

Hillary In 2008 White T-Shirt

(Obama-Clinton 2008 Image â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡© 200 by NNN)

It is very scary to realize how far gone

down the rabbit hole the news and media heads
have sunk.

Some of them are having babies
and will bring them up believing
all this multi-culti BS

and after three generations it is no longer a lie,
it is BELIEF !

When I started here I said how much
we need to remember the WOLVES.

Now more than ever ,

we need to call forth this part
of our ANCESTRAL ENERGY.

Its called BERSERKER.

IT must be rekindled and channelled in a way
to preserve it and use it to the best advantage !

I am NOT suggesting VIOLENCE here.

Only saying that when ANGER is added to a ritual
the ritual brings immediate results.

The discerning reader will understand perfectly
what is meant.

And do it.

White Guilt, Obamania, And The Reality Of Race

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]White Guilt, Obamania, And The Reality Of Race[/FONT]

By Steve Sailer

The brutal truth: Obama is a "wigger". He's a remarkably exotic variety of the faux African-American, but a wigger nonetheless. He has no ancestors who were slaves in the U.S. Moreover, his upbringing by his white mother and Indonesian stepfather in Indonesia and by his white grandparents in Hawaii, where mixed-race children are close to the norm, was almost wholly divorced from African-American life … except for what he could see and aspire to on TV.

Re: White Guilt, Obamania, And The Reality Of Race

The press just loves and provides unwavering support to any left leaning jig, especially, if their speech patterns mimic whites.

Sadly, many whites feel the same way. It's the unproductively futile search for evidence of a negro/human - and to support the effort of the endless and worthless 'programs' designed to bring these a##@oles 'up to speed'.

Blacks like Obama, Jackson, Sharpton, et. al., are even with minimal research, so flawed by known and yet to be revealed behaviors, they thereby prove the point, that by white standards, every negro is ultimately a disappointment.

A disgusting and cowardly mindset, for sure!

All profoundly true Buster. How my long years of experience so bitterly bear it out !

Obamania is truly sickening. He is from my state and many so called "conservatives" voted for him because of the Alan Keyes fiasco. Instead of staying home like a true conservative would have done they voted for the white bred, carmel colored negro. The press just drool over him giving him no tough venues and all softball questions.

Re: Senator-elect Bearback Obomination

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=431908&in_page_id=1770

A drunk and a bigot - what the US Presidental hopeful HASN'T said about his father...

By SHARON CHURCHER

It is a classic story of the American dream made real: an impoverished Kenyan goatherd rising to become a brilliant Harvard-educated economist.

On the way he fights racial prejudice at home and corruption at work, survives the heartbreak of a broken relationship and, despite it all, leads the fight to rid Africa of its colonial legacy.

This extraordinary story is told by US Presidential hopeful Barack Obama as he recalls the life of the man who inspired him to political success - his father.

Mr Obama's book, Dreams From My Father, is flying off the shelves of US book stores, exciting and astonishing readers in equal measure. It is a bestseller, and no wonder - because the story just gets better and better.

Mr Obama is already Democratic Senator for Illinois. Now he is in the running to be the first black President in the country's history.

"My story is part of the larger American story," he declared in the electrifying speech that won him his Senate seat just two years ago. "In no other country on Earth is my story even possible."

Many believe Mr Obama is a serious threat to Hillary Clinton's hopes of becoming the Democrats' choice for their next Presidential candidate - and his lovingly written account of the debt he owes his father, also called Barack Obama, will do no harm at all to his Presidential hopes.

Indeed, by offering up a conveniently potted account of his personal history in this way, he might even have made a pre-emptive strike on those sure to pose the awkward questions that inevitably face a serious contender for the White House.

Yet an investigation by The Mail on Sunday has revealed that, for all Mr Obama's reputation for straight talking and the compelling narrative of his recollections, they are largely myth.

We have discovered that his father was not just a deeply flawed individual but an abusive bigamist and an egomaniac, whose life was ruined not by racism or corruption but his own weaknesses.

And, devastatingly, the testimony has come from Mr Obama's own relatives and family friends.

Charismatic and with movie-star looks, Barack Obama Jnr has managed to steal some of Hillary Clinton's most influential supporters in the two weeks since he entered the US Presidential race.

The 45-year-old lawyer depicts himself as a fresh voice for voters tired of the divisive rhetoric and self-serving ambition of established politicians on each side of the Democrat-Republican divide.

His campaign to become the first black President is inspired, he says, by his love of the country that allowed his father to triumph against astonishing odds.

Barack Obama Snr started life with the advantage of being able to read and write, but he also felt a profound sense of injustice. His father was a cook for British settlers in Kenya, who demeaningly called him their 'personal boy'.

Grandfather Obama sent his son to a missionary school but after completing his education, the youth could find little work except goatherding in his remote village of Nyangoma Kogela, in the roadless hills of Western Kenya.

At 18, he married a girl called Kezia. But Obama Snr was more interested in politics and economics than his family and his political leanings had been brought to the notice of leaders of the Kenyan Independence movement.

He was put forward for an American-sponsored scholarship in economics, with the idea being that he would eventually use his Western-honed skills in the new Kenya. At the age of 23 he headed for university in Hawaii, leaving behind the pregnant Kezia and their baby son.

Relatives say he was already a slick womaniser and, once in Honolulu, he promptly persuaded a fellow student called Ann - a naive 18-year-old white girl - to marry him. Barack Jnr was born in August, 1961.

Two years later, Obama Snr was on the move again. He was accepted at Harvard, and left his little boy and wife behind when he moved to the exclusive east coast university.

At the time, Ann explained to their son that his father had gone because his meagre stipend would not support the family if they lived together. But finance was the least of her worries.

Mr Obama Jnr claims that racism on both sides of the family destroyed the marriage between his mother and father.

In his book, he says that Ann's mother, who went by the nickname Tut, did not want a black son-in-law, and Obama Snr's father 'didn't want the Obama blood sullied by a white woman'.

In fact Ann divorced her husband after she discovered his bigamous double life. She remarried and moved to Indonesia with young Barack and her new husband, an oil company manager.

Obama Snr was forced to return to Kenya, where he fathered two more children by Kezia. He was eventually hired as a top civil servant in the fledgling government of Jomo Kenyatta - and married yet again.

Now prosperous with a flashy car and good salary, his third wife was an American-born teacher called Ruth, whom he had met at Harvard while still legally married to both Kezia and Ann, and who followed him to Africa.

A relative of Mr Obama says: "We told him[Barack] how his father would still go to Kezia and it was during these visits that she became pregnant with two more children. He also had two children with Ruth."

It is alleged that Ruth finally left him after he repeatedly flew into whisky-fuelled rages, beating her brutally.

Friends say drinking blighted his life - he lost both his legs while driving under the influence and also lost his job.

However, this was no bar to his womanising: he sired a son, his eighth child, by yet another woman and continued to come home drunk.

He was about to marry her when he finally died in yet another drunken crash when Obama was 21.

Mr Obama's 40-year-old cousin Said Hussein Obama told The Mail on Sunday: "Clearly, Barack has been very deeply affected by what he has learned about his father, who was my father's older brother.

"You have to remember that his father was an African and in Africa, polygamy is part of life.

"We have assured Barack that his father was a loving person but at times it must be difficult for him to reconcile this with his father's drinking and simultaneous marriages."

Said adds: "His father was a human being and as such you can't say that he was 100 per cent perfect.

"My cousin found it difficult when he came here to learn of his half-brothers and sisters born to four different mothers.

"But just as Africans find the Western world strange so Americans coming here will find Africa strange."

Far from being an inspiration, the father whom Mr Obama was coming to know seemed like a total stranger.

In his book, he attempts to put the best face on it. His father, he writes, lost his civil service job after campaigning against corrupt African politicians who had 'taken the place of the white colonials'.

One of Obama Snr's former drinking partners, Kenyan writer Philip Ochieng Ochieng says, however, that his friend's downfall was his weak character.

"Although charming, generous and extraordinarily clever, Obama Snr was also imperious, cruel and given to boasting about his brain and his wealth," he said.

"He was excessively fond of Scotch. He had fallen into the habit of going home drunk every night. His boasting proved his undoing and left him without a job, plunged him into prolonged poverty and dangerously wounded his ego."

Ochieng recalls how, after sitting up all night drinking Black Label whisky at Nairobi's famous Stanley Hotel, Obama Snr would fly into rages if Ruth asked where he had been.

Ochieng remonstrated with his friend, saying: "You bring a woman from far away and you reduce her to pulp. That is not our way."

But it was to no avail. Ruth sued for divorce after her husband administered brutal beatings.

In fact he was a menace to life, said Ochieng. "He had many extremely serious accidents. Both his legs had to be amputated. They were replaced with crude false limbs made from iron.

"He was just like Mr Toad [from Wind In The Willows], very arrogant on the road, especially when he had whisky inside. I was not surprised when I learned how he died."

Ruth refused to comment on the abuse charges when we tracked her down to the Kenyan school where she now works.

She said: "I was married to Barack's father for seven years so, yes, you could say Barack is my stepson.

"Barack's father was a very difficult man. Although I was married to him the longest of any of his wives he wasn't an easy person to be around."

Mr Obama has acknowledged that his father grappled with a drinking problem. But with a gift for words that makes Mrs Clinton's utterances seem stiff and stale, he has turned it into another component of the myth.

Drink, he says, like drugs, are one of "the traps that seem laid in a black man's soul".

Mr Obama claims that he, too, has been racially abused, even during his campaign for the White House.

His mother, Ann, decided that he should get an American education and sent him back from Indonesia to Hawaii, where he was admitted to a £7,000-a-year prep school, Punahau Academy, and lived with his maternal grandparents.

And while there, says Mr Obama, he was tortured by fellow pupils - who let out monkey hoots - and turned into a disenchanted teenage rebel, experimenting with cocaine and marijuana.

Even his grandparents were troubled by dark skin, he says in his book, recalling how once his grandmother complained about being pestered by a beggar.

"You know why she's so scared?" he recalls his grandfather saying. "She told me the fella was black."

Mr Obama says his soaring 'dream' of a better America grew out of his 'hurt and pain'.

Friends, however, remember his time at school rather differently. He was a spoiled high-achiever, they recall, who seemed as fond of his grandparents as they were of him.

He affectionately signed a school photo of himself to them, using their pet names, Tut and Gramps.

The caption says: "Thanks... for all the good times." He worked on the school's literary magazine and wore a white suit, of the style popular with New York writers at the time.

One of his former classmates, Alan Lum, said: "Hawaii is such a melting pot that it didn't occur to me when we were growing up that he might have problems about being one of the few African-Americans at the school. Us kids didn't see colour. He was easy-going and well-liked."

Lon Wysard, who also attended the academy, said the budding politician was in fact idolised for his keen sportsmanship.

"He was the star basketball player and always had a ball in his hand wherever he was," Wysard recalled.

Mr Obama was later admitted to read politics and international relations at New York's prestigious Columbia University where, his book claims, "no matter how many times the administration tried to paint them over, the walls remained scratched with blunt correspondence (about) niggers."

But one of his classmates, Joe Zwicker, 45, now a lawyer in Boston, said yesterday: "That surprises me. Columbia was a pretty tolerant place. There were African American students in my classes and I never saw any evidence of racism at all."

Family members and acquaintances believe that the real cloud over Mr Obama's life has been the discovery that his father was far from the romantic figure that his mother tried to portray.

A family friend said: "He is haunted by his father's failures. He grew up thinking of his father as a brilliant intellectual and pioneer of African independence only to learn that in Western terms he was basically a drunken lecher."

This ugly truth, say friends, has made Mr Obama ruthlessly determined to use every weapon that he has to succeed, including the glossily edited version of his father's story.

"At the end of the day Barack wants the story to help his political cause, so perhaps he couldn't afford to be too honest," said Ochieng.

Significantly, it was only four years after his father's death that Mr Obama travelled to his father's ancestral Kenyan village. There he learned the full story of his father's life and met some of his relatives.

One of his half-sisters, Auma, is now a council worker in southern England, but some of his other relatives are still living in huts in the village, without plumbing or electricity, farming a few scrawny goats and chicken and growing fruit and maize.

They speak the tribal Luo language and depend on handouts from family members who have emigrated to the UK and the United States for their few luxuries, notably the transistor radios that they use to follow Mr Obama's rocketing political fortunes.

He has positioned himself as a devout Christian (having found God, he says, after years as an atheist) and in a new book The Audacity Of Hope, timed to coincide with his campaign, he concentrates on his manifesto for 'reclaiming the American dream'.

This tome contains one telling paragraph, in a section in which he fumbles to try to justify his abrupt leap into the national political arena: he is, he says, chronically 'restless'.

"Someone once said that every man is trying to either live up to his father's expectations or make up for his father's mistakes, and I suppose that may explain my particular malady."

Re: Senator-elect Barack Obama,

http://www.examiner.com/a-538596~Perception_vs__reality.html

Perception vs. reality

(Andrew Harnik/Examiner)

Jan 31, 2007 12:00 AM

WASHINGTON - Although he frequently makes a point of finding something charitable to say about his opponents’ arguments, Sen. Bareback Obomination almost always ends up voting liberal.

“The arguments of liberals are more often grounded in reason and fact,” the Illinois Democrat wrote in “The Audacity of Hope,” a memoir published last year. “Much of what I absorbed from the sixties was filtered through my mother, who to the end of her life would proudly proclaim herself an unreconstructed liberal mud shark.”

Obama has a 95 percent liberal rating from Americans for Democratic Reform, a liberal advocacy group that ranks all members of Congress. Yet he is often portrayed by the jewsmedia as a centrist.

“His record is liberal, and his rhetoric is moderate,” explained Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.

For example, Obama goes out of his way to voice approval of at least some aspects of Ronald Reagan’s presidency.

“At times, in arguments with some of my friends on the left, I would find myself in the curious position of defending aspects of Reagan’s worldview,” he wrote in “Audacity.” “When the Berlin Wall came tumbling down, I had to give the old man his due, even if I never gave him my vote.”

But in summing up Reagan, Obama concluded that the former president’s “clarity about communism seemed matched by his blindness regarding other sources of misery in the world.”

By pointing out the merits of both sides of an argument, Obama often sounds statesmanlike, even if he almost never ends up siding with conservatives. This dichotomy can be seen in Obama’s analysis of President Bush’s foreign policy.

“I agree with George W. Bush when in his second inaugural address he proclaimed a universal desire to be free,” Obama wrote. “But there are few examples in history in which the freedom men and women crave is delivered through outside intervention.”

If Obama survives the Democratic primaries and becomes his party’s presidential nominee, his liberal positions will not necessarily hurt him among the centrist voters who cast ballots in the general election, according to Charlie Cook, editor of the Cook Political Report.

“How you come across is more important than how you vote,” Cook said. “If voters perceive you as moderate, then your voting record isn’t terribly relevant. Perception is more important than reality.”:confused:

Biden gets the niggers' goat

Biden Ignites Furor With Remark on Obama

Senator Biden of Delaware launched his White House bid with a vivid demonstration of how his loose tongue could liven up the Democratic field, or perhaps drive him out of it altogether.

Mr. Biden ignited a furor with comments he made discussing the appeal of another likely candidate for the Democratic nomination, Senator Obama of Illinois.

47811_main_large.jpg

iu

Get Your Stinking Paws Off Me, You Damn Dirty Ape!

"You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Mr. Biden said in an interview published online yesterday by the New York Observer. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Mr. Biden's remarks, and in particular his use of the word "clean," prompted debate on television news programs and the Internet about his meaning, and whether he was insulting Mr. Obama or other blacks who have run for president.

Mr. Biden said in a conference call with reporters yesterday that he had telephoned Mr. Obama to make sure no offense was taken.

"I called Barack. He said, ”˜Joe, you don't have to explain anything to me.' … He understood exactly what I meant," Mr. Biden said. "No one's going to misunderstand it."

Mr. Biden said he was alluding to one of his mother's favorite compliments, "Clean as a whistle; sharp as a tack," in describing Mr. Obama's novelty on the political scene.

As he explained himself yesterday, the Delaware senator became almost bizarrely effusive about his colleague from Illinois.

"This guy is a superstar. … He is probably the most exciting candidate this party has had in a long time," Mr. Biden said. "This is a guy who absolutely touched a nerve and the imagination of the people of this country in a way I've not seen anybody before do. … This is a very special guy. This is like catching lightning in a jar."

Mr. Biden spoke of Mr. Obama so glowingly that reporters wondered aloud why Mr. Biden was not inclined to give up his presidential ambitions and throw his weight behind Mr. Obama.

"I think he's great. I think they're all great. I think I'm better. I think I'm more prepared," Mr. Biden said.

In a statement, Mr. Obama said he was not offended by Mr. Biden's remarks but did not consider them well-informed.

"I didn't take Senator Biden's comments personally, but obviously they were historically inaccurate," Mr. Obama said. "African-American presidential candidates like Jesse Jackson, Shirley Chisholm, Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton gave a voice to many important issues through their campaigns, and no one would call them inarticulate."

While debate on the Web focused on Mr. Biden's use of the word "clean," one black columnist and commentator said the Delaware senator's description of Mr. Obama as "articulate" could rankle many blacks.

"Of course, it's offensive," the executive editor of the Chicago Defender, Roland Martin, said. "White people need to stop with this ”˜articulate' nonsense. I am sick and tired of individuals coming across an African-American and saying, ”˜Oh, my goodness, you're so articulate.' … You never see that kind of statement made about white candidates."

Mr. Martin, who hosts a radio program, said he expects Mr. Biden to take some heat from black voters. "I can guarantee you Biden is going to get lit up like Christmas," the commentator said.

The new flap over Mr. Biden's remarks was a stark reminder of how his candid speaking style could be a liability as he runs for president. During a visit to New Hampshire last year, he triggered a similar controversy when he said, "You cannot go into a 7–11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent." The senator said he was paying tribute to the growing success of middle-class Indian-Americans in his home state.

Still, Mr. Biden's unvarnished style could be an asset. At a time when most of his opponents for the nomination appear reluctant to engage in the rough-and-tumble exchanges typical of a presidential race, he is willing to take the other candidates on, by name.

After telling reporters that Senator Clinton is clearly "qualified" to be president, Mr. Biden attacked as unrealistic her proposals on Iraq. "Her ideas are incorrect for how to proceed in Iraq. I do not understand how it makes sense for us to say that the way to deal with the Maliki government, if it does not respond, is to essentially stop training their troops or supporting making them viable," the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman said.

Last edited by a moderator:

"This guy is a superstar. … He is probably the most exciting candidate this party has had in a long time," Mr. Biden said. "This is a guy who absolutely touched a nerve and the imagination of the people of this country in a way I've not seen anybody before do. … This is a very special guy. This is like catching lightning in a jar."

Why??? These democrats are just down right Creepy!!

Back