13-yr old WHITE girl killed by BLACK neighbor, she was a witness against him, he was raping his teen daughter - her 'best friend'

Great update, -88-! đź‘‹

Pictures of these two white ladies are far and few in-between! I'd have thought the Indiana jewsmedia would have made much more of a squawk than they have over these killings.

I'm sure that these two women were chosen "randomly" to be executed by this foul nigger, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/09/23/...ll_funeral.html

Funeral Held For Murdered Teen; Killer Still On Loose

Reported by: Bill Price

Web produced by: Liz Foreman

Photographed by: 9News

Last updated: 9/23/2005 4:09:28 PM

Family and friends of a murdered Warren County teenager have said their final goodbyes.

Katie Caudill of Deerfield Township was Friday afternoon in Mason.

Dozens of people packed the small Victory Baptist Church in Norwood, some people arriving 90 minutes early for the funeral, which ended shortly before noon.

While the newsmedia was not allowed inside the funeral, emotions were evident as people were hugging and crying outside the building.

While Melvin Keeling, the man suspected of killing Caudill is still on the
r
r
loose, family members are not giving out their last names, but they are
talking about Katie's strength.

Many family members called Katie a "hero" for standing up to Keeling, who is also accused of sexually abusing his own stepchildren.

On the other hand, the fact that Keeling is still on the loose, armed and dangerous, is making family members cautious.

As far as getting back to life itself, it's still going to be hard because we don't know where he's at. Every time we go home, we have to check the house, the windows, to make sure nobody's there...We just don't know what this man's capable of," said a relative, "Chris".

Fund Set Up; Benefit This Weekend

Katie's family has set up a fund to help pay for the funeral. If you'd like to give, it's the "Katie Caudill Fund" and you can give at any U.S. Bank.

In addition, the Katelind Caudill Benefit will be held this weekend:

Sunday
7 p.m. until 2:30 a.m.
Happy Hollow Inn
2430 Park Ave.
Norwood

Young teens say goodbye to Katie

Photos at link.

NORWOOD - As friends and family crammed into Victory Baptist Church Friday to memorialize 13-year-old Katelind Caudill, a drenching rain fell outside and tears flowed inside.

Most gathered at the small church wore pink ribbons pinned to their chests in memory of Katie, who was fatally shot early Monday in her Deerfield Township home. Pink was the seventh-grade student's favorite color.

Police are still searching for Melvin Keeling, the man they believe is Katie's killer.

In the days before her death, the young teen confronted Keeling, believing that he had molested his stepdaughter, her best friend.<b

r>
She was instrumental in starting a sex-abuse investigation of Keeling, Warren C
ounty authorities said. They charged him with 24 counts of gross sexual imposition and two counts of rape.

Authorities in Jasper County, Ind., charged Keeling with two counts of murder, accusing him of killing two convenience store clerks Monday afternoon while on the run.

Friends and family celebrated Katie Friday as a caring girl with a strong sense of right and wrong.

"Katie is an angel from above that is watching over all of us," said her friend Myles Johnson, 12.

"Everybody should remember her and what she did for others to make them happy," said Myles, a classmate at Kings Junior High, who had known Katie since the third grade.

He said the Katie he knew was motivational, someone friends could lean on.

"Katie will never be forgotten for who she was and what she did," Myles said.

Kristen Carlson,12, another classmate, echoed Myles, saying she would always remember her friend. "I will see you later when God says it is my turn," she said.

A friend of the family read a letter written by Katie's mother, Gina Eaton, to her daughter.

She wrote about the day she discovered she was pregnant: "I was so afraid, yet so happy. It was a great pleasure to watch you grow.

"I love you more than life. I miss you with every beat of my heart," Eaton wrote.

Just steps from her daughter's body, Eaton cried as family members tried to comfort her.

A family friend, Jennifer Hollingshead, alluded to Katie's last days, including in a list of traits her "loyalty to justice, her sense of right and wrong."

"She laid down her life for a friend," Hollingshead said.

The Rev. David P. Gilbert reminded those gathered that although they were saying goodbye to Katie now, choosing to walk in God's footsteps would meanthey would someday be reunited.

"She's moved on to heaven, to a new life," Gilbert said. "To a place where there is no suffering, no crying, no sickness.

"Do not grieve over Katie, because Katie is in a better place," he urged.

As family members prepared to carry the casket outside, where a hearse was waiting to take Katie's body to the cemetery, the downpour ended.

Those gathered in the sunlight were quiet, silently saying their goodbyes.

What a tragic story. I hope Katie's friends learn a lesson from this,
DON'T BEFRIEND NIGGERS, EVER!

T.N.B.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/5022548/detail.html

Residents: Suspected Spree Killer In Local Neighborhood

POSTED: 5:01 pm EDT September 26, 2005
UPDATED: 6:18 pm EDT September 26, 2005

CINCINNATI -- Some residents of one Tri-State neighborhood said suspected spree killer Melvin Keeling might be hiding nearby, News 5's John London reported.

A woman said she spotted Keeling on Jackson Avenue in Lincoln Heights last week after the slayings of 13-year-old Katie Caudill and two convenience store clerks in northwestern Indiana.

"He was right there at the corner of the Sugar Shack fence, drinking his juice," she said. "And I looked real strange at him cause I went to school with this guy -- you know, I know what he looked like."

She said she called Crimestoppers and talked to a police officer about the sighting, but the lead
didn't pan out.

Another man told London he's known Keeling for about 10 years, but when he saw Keeling more than three weeks ago -- before the killings -- he seemed extremely agitated and out of character.

"He was in Woodlawn driving that van," he said. "I wanted to say, 'Hey Melvin,' but he looked kind of rough, so I didn't say anything to him."

The FBI said its received more tips on Keeling's whereabouts after Saturday night's episode of "America's Most Wanted," but so far the leads haven't led to any solid evidence that Keeling is in Lincoln Heights.

A Warren County grand jury indicted Keeling Friday on two counts of rape and 33 counts of gross sexual imposition. Caudill's grandmother said the girl had confronted Keeling, her next-door neighbor, about allegedly molesting his stepdaughter, who was Caudill's best friend.

Warren County investigators said they believe Keeling shot Caudill Monday in retaliation. However, Sheriff Tom Ariss said they never had Keeling in custody over the weekend and didn't know about an alleged threat against Caudill.

Ariss said the investigation was still in its initial stages when they talked to Caudill Saturday. Ariss said deputies were looking for Keeling over the weekend and probably would have arrested him if they had been able to find him.

Investigators said Katie's help was "minimal," but that Keeling wouldn't have known that.

Originally posted by -88-@Sep 22 2005, 09:42 AM

"It's a shocker to this little community," she said. "We just never thought anything like this would happen in a small area. We all thought we were safe. We all thought we could leave our doors unlocked. I don't know if we can do that anymore because evidently you are not safe anywhere you live in the United States."
You want to celebrate diversity, this is what you get. Add niggers to any nice town and rape, murder, violent assault, etc, will become the norn. These dark devils are evil incarnate and reallyl need to be dealt with in a severe way

to control them. Giving them freedom and rights was one of the biggest mistakes ever made. Clearly, it was part of some bigger plan to bring down this nation. This is a very sad story.

Gman

NEWS ARCHIVE

Tensions rose before slaying
Keeling had problems, girlfriend scuffled with neighbor, police called
By Tom Beyerlein and Daniel Wells

Dayton Daily News

DEERFIELD TWP., WARREN COUNTY | Linda Wilson wasn't afraid of her back-door neighbor, Melvin Morris Keeling, until about a week before the bloodshed.

Then, as she'd work by the kitchen window that looked out on Keeling's home, she said, "I thought of doing dishes and (feared) he would shoot through the window and blow my head off."

Authorities say Wilson had reason to fear Keeling, 43. They believe he entered her Deerfield Twp. home early Sept. 19 and fatally shot her granddaughter, Katelind Caudill, 13, a witness against Keeling in a child sexual abuse case. Officials believe Keeling fled to northwest Indiana and killed two women in a convenience store. He remained a fugitive Tuesday night.

Tension had been rising in the neighborhood over allegations, which surfaced on Sept. 11, that he molested a girl in his family. The girl told Wilson, her daughter Franki Phelps and Katelind, who confronted Keeling and called him a pedophile. Police interviewed Katelind two days before she was killed about what she knew.

Neighbor Rick Campbell said Keeling seemed like a friendly, normal guy. But in recent weeks, Campbell said, Keeling had alluded to problems at home but wouldn't elaborate on them. "You could just see the air go right out of him" when he spoke of the problems, Campbell said.

The last time Campbell saw Keeling was about 10 days before the killings. "He said, 'Brother, things still aren't going good,' " Campbell said. "He asked me to pray for him. That was the last thing he said to me: He asked me to pray for him."

Keeling's problems weren't just that long-swirling stories that he was abusing children were taking on substance.

He was facing eviction, his utilities were shut off, and he had a rocky relationship with his girlfriend.

"He had a very violent temper and he could go off at any time," said the Rev. Michael Carpenter, pastor of Loveland Park Baptist Church, where Keeling's girlfriend's children attended services. Keeling was pleasant, Carpenter said, but "you could almost sense that it was put on, that there was something else going on in the background."

Carpenter said he was worried about Keeling's treatment of his family, but didn't call police because "I couldn't prove anything. I felt the way the kids acted, there was something terribly wrong in the house."

Keeling's life hadn't always been so chaotic, his former wife said.

Melvin and Jeanna Keeling were married Dec. 22, 1984, in Cincinnati. They had three children. Keeling worked for two paper-products companies, International Paper Co. and Jefferson Smurfit, before
landing a job with Ford Motor Co. in Sharonville about 10 years ago. "He was always a faithful worker," Jeanna Keeling said. Keeling remained at Ford until he became a fugitive.

DeAngelo Gaston, now 21, said Keeling was his neighbor and former baby sitter in Cincinnati. "He was a good man," Gaston said. "He use to take care of me like he was part of my family,"

Jeanna Keeling said her marriage had been happy until Keeling left her for the girlfriend in July 1998. The following month, Keeling was charged with carrying a concealed weapon. The charge was later dismissed. Keeling has no prior criminal convictions, according to Warren County authorities.

Keeling did have a history of failing to pay his debts, including taxes. Records show seven tax liens and judgments against him since 1992, two of them because he didn't pay his divorce lawyer.

"The little bit I remember about him was, he was an OK guy," said the lawyer, Sylvan Reisenfeld. "I
do remember he at least proposed to be a pastor of one of the churches."

In 2000, the year of his divorce, Keeling made $50,000 in regular pay, plus $28,000 in overtime, records show. He was ordered to pay almost $21,000 a year in child support and alimony, but half of that obligation ended last year.

Keeling was renting the house at 8993 Oak Drive in southern Warren County since at least 2003, public records show. To the rear is 2183 Cosmos Road, where Katelind Caudill lived with her grandmother, Linda Wilson, and other relatives.

The two households collided Sept. 11, with the allegations of sexual abuse. A week later, Wilson went to bed with her door unlocked. In the morning of Sept. 19, she heard two loud "bangs" and found Katelind dead in her bedroom.

Contact Tom Beyerlein at 225-2264. Staff writers Larry Budd and Kelli Wynn contributed to this report.

<a href='http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/d
aily/0928keelin
g.html' target=
'_blank'>http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/c...928keeling.html</a>

http://www.whiotv.com/news/5033549/detail.html

FBI Finds Identification Belonging To Shooting Suspect

FBI agents have found identification documents belonging to a man suspected of killing a 13-year-old girl and two others.

FBI spokesman Mike Brooks says the documents belonging to

Melvin Keeling were discovered about 200 feet from where his van

was found in Gary, Indiana. He would not specify what they were.

Keeling is suspected of killing Katelind Caudill in suburban

Cincinnati on September 19th as well as two convenience store

clerks in Remington, Indiana, about 60 miles south of Gary.

Agents used cadaver dogs again Wednesday to search the wooded area.

One theory is that Keeling may have killed himself after abandoning

his van.

But Brooks says agents are still operating on the assumption

that Keeling is alive.

Victim's grandfather recognized suspected shooter from picture
TERRY KINNEY
Associated Press

CINCINNATI - The grandfather of a 13-year-old shooting victim said Wednesday that his heart stopped when he saw a picture of the man suspected of killing his granddaughter and then killing two Indiana convenience store clerks later that day.

It was the same man that Dennis Caudill had seen at his church last winter asking for money.

"He said him and his family was in a hard place," Caudill said of Melvin Keeling. "He quoted us from the Bible. We gave him some money. He gave us a different name and different address. When we went to talk to him the next day, it was an abandoned house."

Victory Baptist Church in Norwood is about 10 miles from Loveland Park, where Keeling lived. Caudill is a church deacon, and his granddaughter Katelind Caudill went to Sunday worshi

p whenever she spent a weekend at Caudill's home
in Norwood.

Caudill said he had never seen Keeling, 43, before or since he came to the church seven months ago.

"When I saw his picture on TV after he killed my baby, my heart stopped," Caudill said. "I knew it was him."

The Rev. David Gilbert is pastor of the storefront church, a one-story brick building that once was a meat market. It has about 100 members, but draws about 20 worshippers for a normal Sunday, Gilbert said.

At least 200 people packed the church for Katelind's funeral.

"Our church is small, but it's very, very close, just like a blood family," said Caudill, who is 66 and retired. "I have a lot of time on my hands - way too much. If it hadn't been for my church friends and the Lord, I wouldn't have made it."

Keeling is suspected of shooting Katelind in her grandmother's home as she got ready for school Sept. 19. Just days before that,
her
bes
t friend - a daughter of Keeling's girlfriend's - told Katelind that Keeling had been molesting her the past three years
and Katelind confronted him, calling him a pedophile, according to a sheriff's department affidavit.

"All she was doing was trying to protect her friend," Caudill said. "Katie was that way. She always believed in the right thing. Whatever the cost was, she always did it."

About four hours after Katelind was shot, two women were shot and killed at a convenience store in Remington, Ind. The next morning, Keeling's van was found near a residential area of Gary, Ind.

One theory is that Keeling may have killed himself after abandoning his van. The FBI used cadaver dogs again Wednesday to search a wooded area near where the van was found.

"We're covering everything we can think of," said Mike Brooks, spokesman for the FBI office in Cincinnati. "But we're operating on the assumption that he's
still a
live.&qu
ot;

Brooks said the wooded area is about one block wide and eight blocks long and is near a railroad yard. Wednesday's search yielded some of Keeling's identification documents, w
hich were found about 200 feet from where the van was found, Brooks said. He declined to specify which documents.

Caudill said he is having a hard time reconciling his grief with his need to forgive Keeling.

"He don't deserve to live," Caudill said. "If he hasn't killed himself, and they don't find him, he's going to take somebody else's life.

"One thing I want to say, regardless of what Melvin did, I don't want his soul to go to hell. I have to forgive him for what he done. I don't know why he did it. I don't want him to go to hell."

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/news...te/12764658.htm

I cannot believe the grandfather of the granddaughter slaughtered by this Godless NIGGER would come right out and state that "he doesn't want the nigger to go to hell for MURDERING Katie...

Am I missing something? Have White people become that pathetic that they would not want a demonic bastard like this to NOT suffer for murdering their own flesh and blood???????????????????????????

Originally posted by war eagle@Sep 29 2005, 07:38 PM
Have White people become that pathetic that they would not want a demonic bastard like this to NOT suffer for murdering their own flesh and blood???????????????????????????
Yes.

13.jpg

Linda Biehl, in the photo above, has got a big smile on her face, pictured with her are Easy Nofemela and Ntobeko Peni who murdered her daughter, Amy Biehl, 26. They only served 5 years, a term that was supported by Amy Biehl's parents. These two black men who murdered Amy Biehel now w

ork for the Amy Biehl Foundation Trust in Cape Town.

http://www.theforgivenessproject.com/stori...l-easy-nofemela

Here's Amy Biehl, before a black mob stoned her car, then kicked, beat and stabbed her. Amy died on the paveme
nt, begging for mercy from the blacks.
lifelegacy_1.jpg

graphic_flash2_03.jpg

lifelegacy_6.jpg

http://www.amybiehl.org/amy.php

Cincy Enquirer, 10/4/05: Don't be afraid to report molesters, children told (complete article at link)

Katelind Caudill has been praised as a brave girl who spoke up when she learned that her best friend was being sexually abused.

It's unclear whether her tragic death will discourage others from reporting sexual abuse.

But child-abuse experts say it's important that not happen.

"If you suspect a child is being sexually abused and you have evidence of it, you can be assured it's going to go on unless somebody reports it," says Laurie Petrie, spokeswoman for Hamilton County Jobs and Family Services.

Questions about how to report sexual abuse, who should report it and when, have taken on added importance in the wake of the deat

h of 13-year-old Katelind, who lived in the Loveland Park neighborhood of Warren
County's Deerfield Township.

She was shot to death Sept. 19, two days after she told a relative that neighbor Melvin Keeling was molesting a stepdaughter.

Child-abuse experts say they might never know whether the case has a "chilling effect" on the reporting of sexual abuse.

People reporting suspected abuse "don't have to have proof. They're not expected to investigate. They just need to be operating in an honest way in making a legitimate report," says Dr. Frank Putnam, director of the Mayerson Center, which brings together hospital staff, law enforcement, human services workers and a victim's advocate from the prosecutor's office to investigate, treat and prevent child abuse.

Putnam says it's common for an adolescent victim to first confide in a peer.

"If you're the friend," Malott says, "you should encourage (the vi
ctim
) to
tell a trusted adult. And keep telling trusted adults until finding one who's going to help with that situation."

If the victim can't or wont do that, it might fall to the friend to report the abuse.

"We would advocate making a report to the authorities and then dropping into the background," Putnam says.

Katelind confronted Keeling and called him a pedophile three days before she was killed, court records show.

"We certainly would not advocate that at all," Putnam says.

Officials acknowledge that even if someone anonymously reports suspected child abuse, the abuser might be able to deduce who turned him in, based on the child's circle of acquaintances. If the safety of the person reporting the abuse becomes a concern, Hutzel says, measures could include court-ordered restraining and no-contact orders.

Child-abuse experts acknowledge that what happened to Katelind might make people afraid of reporting abuse. B
ut the b
ottom li
ne is this: It's the right thing to do.

"Kids who are getting abused need help," Nagelkirk says. "If the situation were reversed, you'd want somebody to do that for your child."

-----
-----------------

"Kids who are getting abused need help," Nagelkirk says. "If the situation were reversed, you'd want somebody to do that for your child."

Uh.. wait a second. If the situation were reversed, and you were the nigger Melvin Keeling, and you were into raping your stepdaughter, you'd probably NOT want somebody to do that for your child. In fact, you'd inevitably MURDER that somebody, and then go
out and mur
der two othe
r white women because your monkey bone is throbbing for more cowardly, pointless, sh*tskin-like violence.

Maybe the Cincy police are helping the kids face the grim reality of the American sub-ape, the NIGGER! Let's take a look at the "outreach program" in the aftermath of this black-on-white crime:

Caption: Kathy Oelhler manipulates a puppet during a program at St. Therese School in Southgate
bilde17cg.jpg
(hosted image from link)

[b
]White students look on as the Mrs. Kathy assaults herself with the unnamed abusive "white" puppet.[/b]
bilde26ur.jpg

What a GREAT lesson for the kids!!! Look away, whites, look away! Avoid white puppets, negroes are your best friend
s!!!
<!--
emo&:angry:-->
> :angry:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/10/19/keeling.html

Melvin Keeling's Rotting Body Possibly Found In Gary

Reported by:
Lance Barry, Jay Warren
Web produced by: Mark Sickmiller
Photographed by: 9News
Last updated: 10/19/2005 7:47:43 PM

One month after a nationwide manhunt began for triple murder suspect Melvin Keeling, it appears two children have ended it.

Police say the children found a rotting body as they were walking in a wooded area near some railroad tracks in Gary, Indiana, around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

While positive identification has not been made, it's believed the body is Keeling.

A handgun was found near the body and the serial number matches a gun Keeling owns, police told 9News.

Officials aren't saying how the person found m

ay have died. They say with decomposition, it's too early to tell.

Th
e gun and body were found about a mile from Keeling's abandoned van, and about 100 yards outside of the designated area police searched.

Keeling's van was spotted on a Gary side street on September 20, the day after his alleged crime spree began in the Deerfield Township home of 13-year-old Katie Caudill.

Police say Keeling broke in and killed Katie because she knew about his sex crimes.

After fleeing Cincinnati, Keeling killed two store clerks while robbing a gas station along I-65 in northwest Indiana, police say.

Keeling was wanted for 33 felony counts of gross sexual imposition and two counts of rape.

An official identification of the body was expected to be performed by the coroner in Lake County, Indiana, Thursday morning, police told 9News.

Victim's family reacts to news

9News reporter Lance Barry spoke with Katie's mom, Gina Eaton, just after
5 p.
m. W
ednesday.

The family has been in hiding since Keeling's alleged crime spree, fearing for their lives.

"
Once I see the body and I can see for myself that it's Melvin, it will be a big relief for this family. We will be able to grieve for Katie and we won't have to live in fear," Eaton told 9News.

Katie's aunt, Franki Phelps, says she wanted to see Keeling suffer.

"If he did it to himself, it makes me kind of sad because he didn't have to suffer. I hope he maybe missed a little bit and he laid there and suffered," Phelps said.

Katie's family just returned from a trip to New York for a taping of the Montel Williams show, in which they discussed Katie's murder.

Channel 9's Jay Warren spoke with Katie's grandparents, Dennis and Revetta Caudill, Wednesday evening.

Revetta had some strong words about the news.

"I wish I could have been the one to kill him," she said.
<
br>Stay
with WCP
O.com and WCPO-TV for updates. Please click "refresh" on your browser to view the most recent version of this story.

Nice follow up White Boy!

I was wondering what happened to this evil spook. Good that he killed himself and spared us the agony of a pathetic trial and watching some jew defense attorney lie about this evil jig. This was such a preventable crime but the police genuises in charge were too busy eating jelly donuts to protect this young white girl. Cops today are mostly a waste. Hope all is well with you.

Gman

Originally posted by Gman@Oct 19 2005, 05:22 PM
Nice follow up White Boy!

I was wondering what happened to this evil spook. Good that he killed himself and spared us the agony of a pathetic trial and watching some jew defense attorney lie about this evil jig. This was such a preventable crime but the police genuises in charge were too busy eating jelly donuts to protect this young white girl. Cops today are mostly a waste. Hope all is well with you.

Gman
Gman,

Thanks. I've been trying to keep up with this story as much as possible. If it is the same boon, and I hope it is, he's a good nigger now.

Hope everything is fine with you and yours as well. :Cheers:

Remains may be slayings suspect

The decomposing body of an African-American man discovered in Gary, Ind., Wednesday afternoon is believed to be that of triple-homicide suspect Melvin Keeling, authorities said.

Gary police Lt. Jack Arnold said serial numbers on a gun found near the body were linked to the 43-year-old autoworker through information that Warren County authorities had entered into a national crime computer.

Warren County Sheriff Tom Ariss would not say whether the gun was the same one used in the Sept. 19 slayings of Keeling's 13-year-old Deerfield Township neighbor, Katelind Caudill, and two convenience store clerks in Remington, Ind.

Katelind was gunned down in her bedroom less than two days after police opened an investig
ation into allegations that Keeling was molesting his stepdaughter.

Katelind, a seventh-grader at Kings Junior High School who was best friends with the stepdaughter, was to be a witness in the case, her family members said.

Two youngsters walking along the CSX Railroad tracks around 1:20 p.m. Cincinnati time Wednesday found the body in the nearby woods about a mile from where Keeling's 2000 silver Ford van was discovered Sept. 20.

Police had searched the general area several times with dogs and infrared equipment looking for Keeling shortly after the killings, but found only his identification and wallet.

The body was located about 100 yards from where the search cut off, Cincinnati FBI officials said.

Keeling's dental records, which will be used along with other medical records to identify the remain
s, w
ere
en route by private plane to Lake County, Ind., Thursday evening.

The coroner there will attempt to identify the body early this morning,
Ariss said. An autopsy will determine the cause of death, Cincinnati FBI agent in charge Stanley Borgia said.

Authorities, who have waged an extensive manhunt for Keeling, earlier theorized that he might have committed suicide after leads to his whereabouts fizzled.

Signs of violence were not immediately apparent because of the decomposed state of the body, he said.

The body had been dragged, probably by animals. The gun was found a short distance from the body, and other items, such as clothes, were in the area, Borgia said.

Ariss said the discovery of the gun, and its specific link to Keeling, gives him confidence that the remains are his.

"The most important thing is having satisfaction and closure for the family," Ariss said.

"We hope the ide
ntificat
ion tha
t will be completed tomorrow will bring us back to Melvin Keeling. We are hoping for closure, but if it's not, we will continue on just like we have been."

Bittersweet discovery

[co
lor=red]Keeling faced 33 counts of gross sexual imposition and two counts of rape involving the stepdaughter in Warren County.[/color]

He was charged with two counts of murder in Jasper County, Ind., for the fatal shootings of Lisa Kendall, a 28-year-old single mother of two boys, and Kendora Furr, 38, clerks at Family Express in Remington.

Police said they had surveillance video of the Indiana shootings identifying Keeling as the gunman. He had not yet been charged with Katelind's slaying, although Warren County sheriff's officials said Thursday that all evidence pointed to Keeling as her killer.

For Katelind's family, news of the discovery was bittersweet.

An aunt, Franki Phelps, wh
o also was i
nvolved in
reporting the sex abuse allegations to Warren County authorities, said she was relieved but also felt cheated.

"I wanted to confront him. I wanted to face him and ask him why. I wanted him to go to jail. The way they treat child molesters an
d child killers in jail, I wanted that torture to be bestowed on him," Phelps said.

"But at this point, the fear that we've lived with for the past month - having to carry guns, have people walk us out to our cars, being terrified, looking over our shoulder - it's a relief."</span>

If the body is positively identified as Keeling, she said the family can finally take time to grieve properly for Katelind.

Phelps and Katelind's mother, Gina Eaton, were on their way back from the airport Thursday when a reporter called them with information that Keeling's
body might have
been found.<b
r>
The two had just returned from New York, where they taped a segment on "The Maury Povich Show" about Katelind's death, and appeared on MSNBC.

"I told Gina, we've got to visit Katie and tell her," Phelps said.

"But I'm sure she's watching. I'm sure she knows."

<span style=\'color:red\'>Ariss said the discovery of the gun, and i
ts specific link to Keeling, gives him confidence that the remains are his.

I want the nigger dead as much as anybody, however, if this is just some nigger trick such as the white girl slaying nigger killed another nigger of simian size and shape, left his gun with the
other dead nigger t
o make the popo th
ink that's he's dead, then.... then..... then....... well... we still got a dead nigger out of the deal.

T.N.B.

wndu.com

The Lake County, Indiana, Coroner says a decomposed body found in Gary yesterday is that of 43-year-old Melvin Keeling, a suspect in three murders.

Coroner David Pastrick says that Keeling died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

The Loveland Park, Ohio, man was suspected of shooting a 13-year-old girl in her grandmother's Cincinnati-area home September 19th.

About four hours later, two convenience store employees were shot and killed at a convenience store in Remington, along Interstate 65 in northwest Indiana.

The body was found about noon yesterday by children near train tracks about a half-mile from where Keeling's van was found the day after the shootings.

Now if all these 'afro-american' murderers of whites and others

would just commit suicide BEFORE they commit any further crimes...

or if they have a problem with sexual abuse...

<a href=\'http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Mat/Mat005.html#30\' target=\'_blank\'>Mat 5:30</a>

Warren County Prosecutor Rachel Hutzel was uncertain Thursday how she would proceed with the investigations related to Keeling. "I have not had a situation like this before," she said. "Obviously we will get a sense from (Katelind's family) what they need, and we will try to provide what they need in terms of closure."

"It's unfortunately very senseless. I hope for the sake of the families there is some closure for them," Jasper County Prosecutor Mike O'Neall said. "I don't think any of us will ever figure out why these things happen."

Smith, who spoke briefly with The Enquirer Thursday, said she could only speculate about why Keeling would harm the store clerks.
"They didn't do anything. I just figured that in his brain, he probably hated women at the minute he was doing what he was doing," Smith said.

NO, he hated white people. And if a white male had shot and killed a 13-year-old black girl and two black women store clerks it would have been reported as a hate crime. Warren County Prosecutor Rachel Hutzel and Jasper County Prosecutor Mike O'Neall need this fact made clear to them. 3 white people are dead - murdered because they were white.

Girlfriend comes out of hiding
With Keeling's body ID'd, she wants to get on with life

By Sheila McLaughlin
Enquirer staff writer

DEERFIELD TWP. - For four weeks, Veronica Smith ran scared.

She put her life and her job as a nurse on hold and moved in with her mother 100 miles away after Melvin Keeling - the man she had lived with for seven years - became the focus of a nationwide manhunt and the prime suspect in three homicides.

Thursday, she learned that 43-year-old Keeling was dead. Smith said she now feels safe enough to return to the Cincinnati area this weekend and to go back to work. She might even attend Keeling's funeral.

"I tried to come back two weeks ago. But I just couldn't take it. He was still out there," Smith said in her first public comments since Keeling disappeared Sept.19. "He always said he would take me out."

Keeling apparently shot himself in the head soon after abandoning his van in Gary, Ind., either late Sept. 19 or early Sept. 20 while police were searching for him in the fatal shootings of 13-year-old neighbor Katelind Caudill and two Indiana store clerks.

A body found Wednesday in a wooded area about a mile from the van was identified as Keeling. Lake County, Ind., Coroner David Pastrick ruled the death a suicide. He said Keeling shot himself in the head. The body was lying on top of a green blanket with a dark sheet underneath.

Chief deputy coroner Jeffrey Wells said Keeling probably died in middle to late September, but the autopsy could not pinpoint an exact date because of the body's severely decomposed condition.

The corpse was identified as Keeling late Wednesday through the use of dental records and medical information.

The medical records included a surgical pin in Keeling's neck, Warren County Sheriff Tom Ariss
said.

Katelind's family, haunted by the possibility that Keeling would come back to hurt them, also expressed relief that he was dead. They, too, have come out of hiding, although it was still not clear if Katelind's grandmother, Linda Wilson, would ever return to live in the house where Katelind died.

"My mother died in that house and that comforts me. My husband died in our bed in that house and that comforts me," Wilson said. "With Katelind, I don't know if it will feel right. I'll just have to go there and sit and see."

Ballistics tests are being conducted to determine whether the pistol found near Keeling's body was the same one used in the three slayings.

Authorities have already determined that the three shootings were committed with the same .40-caliber pistol, Ariss said.

Linking the firearm Keeling had with him when he died to the three homicides will allow Warren County detectives to close their case with proof that Keeling was Katelind's killer, Ariss said.

Officers in Gary found a Glock Model 27 handgun near Keeling's body, as well as a single spent shell casing, according to an offense report from that department. Warren County authorities said earlier that Keeling was armed with a .40-caliber Glock pistol that he picked up at a Cincinnati pawn shop before Katelind's slaying.

Katelind was gunned down in her bedroom on Cosmos Road before 7 a.m. Sept. 19, less than two days after Warren County deputies opened an investigation into allegations that Keeling was molesting his stepdaughter. The girl is Smith's daughter and Katelind's best friend.

Katelind, a seventh-grader at King's Junior High School, was to be a witness in the molestation case, her relatives said.

Several hours after Katelind's grandmother found her dead, a surveillance video captured footage of a man police say was Keeling as he shot Lisa Kendall, a 28-year-old single mother of two boys, and Kendora Furr, 3
8, at the Family Express store in Remington, Ind.. Police figured that Keeling might have gone into the store with the intention of robbing it, but didn't follow through. Instead, he took only a pack of cigarettes.

Smith, who spoke briefly with The Enquirer Thursday, said she could only speculate about why Keeling would harm the store clerks.

"They didn't do anything. I just figured that in his brain, he probably hated women at the minute he was doing what he was doing," Smith said.

She said her three children will continue to live out of state with their father until the end of the school year.

Warren County Prosecutor Rachel Hutzel was uncertain Thursday how she would proceed with the investigations related to Keeling.

In Warren County, Keeling faced 33 felony charges of gross sexual imposition and two counts of rape. Charges in Katelind's death had not been filed.

However, sheriffs officials said the case could be taken before a grand jury to obtain an aggravated-murder indictment against Keeling to help give the family some closure. Phelps said earlier that the family felt somewhat cheated by Keeling's death because they would have liked the opportunity to confront him.

Hutzel said ending the case with an indictment was a possibility.

"I have not had a situation like this before," she said. "Obviously we will get a sense from (Katelind's family) what they need, and we will try to provide what they need in terms of closure."

Jasper County, Ind., authorities will dismiss the two murder charges they filed against Keeling.

"It's unfortunately very senseless. I hope for the sake of the families there is some closure for them," Jasper County Prosecutor Mike O'Neall said.

"I don't think any of us will ever figure out why these things happen."

WTHR news

Body found identified as man wanted in three shooting deaths

Melvin Keeling, 43, of Loveland Park, Ohio, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, Lake County Coroner David J. Pastrick said. His death was ruled a suicide. The ruling came a day after teenagers found the body near train tracks a few hundred yards from

Back