"Shake, shake, shake... shake, shake, shake, shake that niglet"

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Delaware Man Arrested After Infant Son Dies From Head Trauma
May 14, 2014 1:00 PM


REHOBOTH, Del. (CBS) – Police have arrested a 21-year-old man after one of his young twin sons died due to head trauma.

Police say in the morning of Saturday, May 10, Sidney G. Davis III called 911 to report his 3-month-old son was not breathing. Paramedics and EMS crews responded to a room at the Sea Esta Motel #4 on Coastal Highway and were able to re-establish a heartbeat at that time.

Upon further examination it was revealed that the baby suffered a traumatic brain bleed, which likely caused him to become unconscious. The infant was flown to A.I. DuPont Hopsital where was listed in critical condition that night.

The next day the baby was pronounced dead. The Office of the Chief Media Examiner performed an autopsy and ruled the cause and manner of death to be homicide due to head trauma.

On Tuesday, family members brought Davis to be interviewed by detectives. It was determined that the baby and his twin brother were in the care of Davis Friday night into Saturday while the mother was away. The baby became upset Friday night and was crying when Davis allegedly began shaking the infant in an attempt to make him quiet.

The shaking allegedly happened once again on Saturday morning just after the mother of the twins briefly visited with them in the room before leaving for work.

It was after the second incident that Davis called for help once the baby became unresponsive.

Davis was arraigned on the charge of Murder by Neglect or Abuse and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $100,000 cash bond.

The other baby twin was unharmed during the incidents and is now in the care of his mother.


Senior News Editor since 2011

Bradenton man charged in deadly shaken baby case
Posted: Jul 01, 2014 2:50 AM PST Updated: Jul 01, 2014 4:32 AM PST



A Bradenton man is charged with manslaughter in connection with a shaken baby case.

Investigators say at 10 p.m. on June 27, North Port Police responded to 5300 block of Dunsmuir Road at the request of the North Port Fire Department for an 11-month-old male child who was in need of medical attention.

The baby was in critical condition with injuries consistent with "violent trauma" according to an arrest affidavit. The baby, Jai shin Vinson, was taken to All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg. The affidavit also said that a doctor at the hospital said the infant suffered head injuries that were caused by a continued violent shaking motion. The baby died at the hospital on June 30.

The child's mother told police she left the baby with Bryant Carter, 25, when she went to a liquor store. She returned about 20 minutes later as Carter was leaving. He told her the baby was in a deep sleep and she should not wake him, according to the arrest affidavit.

The child's mother called 911 after finding her child slumped over, cold, and not breathing.


Senior News Editor since 2011

Man arrested after baby left brain damaged; investigators suspect child was shaken
Posted 12:56 am, September 26, 2014


WESTMORELAND COUNTY, Va. – An 11-month-old baby girl was left in critical condition after she was shaken, according to Westmoreland County Sheriff’s investigators. Deputies responded to a home on Salisbury Park Rd. around 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 10 for an unresponsive child. They were told the child was not breathing because she had fallen off a bed.

However, Westmoreland County Commonwealth’s Attorney said investigators believed the baby’s injuries were not accidental. Lewis Kelly was soon charged with aggravated malicious wounding and felony child neglect.

The Commonwealth’s Attorney said it appeared to be a case of shaken baby and that the child was left with permanent brain damage.

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

"Man" arrested on suspicion of shaking own turdlette
Published On: Oct 10 2014 05:18:19 PM CDT


MADISON, Wis. - On Friday a Madison man was charged by the Dane County court for recklessly causing great bodily harm to a child.

William M. McCoy reportedly shook his 4-week-old son to wake him up Sunday. According to the criminal complaint, when the baby became unresponsive McCoy had his mother call 911.

The infant was taken to UW hospital with significant head injuries, police say in the criminal complaint. A doctor treating the child told authorities that the baby suffered an injury that causes bleeding in the brain and tearing of brain tissue. The doctor also said that the time frame for the injuries would have been immediately before he became unresponsive.

In the criminal complaint, police said that McCoy admitted to shaking his son, and that he went limp and unresponsive immediately.

McCoy is on out on bond for a separate crime he committed in Febraury 2013.

McCoy was charged with physical abuse of child, recklessly causing great bodily harm and felony bail jumping.

Authorities said McCoy also goes by Wayne Matthews McCoy Jr.


Senior News Editor since 2011

Woman arrested, accused of shaking baby in North Lauderdale
Latasha Hankerson, 31. held on $7,500 bond

Updated On: Oct 22 2014 11:03:05 PM EDT



A woman from North Lauderdale is being held in jail in lieu of $7,500 bail after she allegedly violently shook a 9-month-old baby.

Latasha Hankerson, 31, is charged
with one count of aggravated child abuse and was taken into custody on Wednesday.

Hankerson is believed to have assaulted the baby earlier in the week, possibly on Sunday.

According to the arrest report, the baby suffered serious injuries, but the type of injuries were not disclosed.

It is unclear at this time whether Hankerson is the mother of the baby.

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Dad admits to shaking 2-month-old daughter to death in emotional confession
By Emily Saul
July 20, 2016 | 2:49am

A Brooklyn man on trial for allegedly shaking his baby daughter to death broke down and tearfully admitted to the incident in a videotaped confession, which was revealed for the first time Tuesday.

Jurors watched Eryk Ford, now 23, tell Brooklyn Assistant DA Joan Erskine that he became upset at about 4 a.m. one say in January 2012 when his 2-month-old daughter, Aniyah, wouldn’t stop “fussing” while he was playing video games.

“I got aggravated, and shook her four or five times,” the then-19-year-old eventually confessed in the emotional footage. “And then I threw her in the car seat.”

One juror in Brooklyn Supreme Court was seen wiping away tears.

Death of baby blamed on pain med overdose caused by Brooklyn doctor during trial

Dad jailed for infant's death insists meningitis, not shaken baby syndrome, killed daughter
Last edited by a moderator:

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Ex-con arrested for shaking baby son, leaving him brain-dead
By Amanda Woods and Georgett Roberts
April 20, 2018 | 1:34pm

An ex-con was busted for shaking his 6-month-old son so forcefully that the tot was left brain-dead, cops said.

Statwaun Gilmore, 24, was arrested Thursday afternoon on child endangerment and assault charges, police said.

Little Gianni Gilmore was taking a nap inside an apartment on Gates Avenue near Marcy Avenue in Bed-Stuy around 5:50 p.m. Tuesday when his father found him unresponsive, with green fluid coming out of his nose, police sources said.

The baby’s maternal grandmother, Jacqueline Saintangle, came home from work to check on the boy — only to find the infant’s limp body.

“My grandson was in the bed,” Saintangle said. “I picked him up. My grandson, he couldn’t hold his head up.”

“I tell [Gilmore], ‘You killed my baby.’”

She insisted that he immediately call 911.

“I said, ‘Why didn’t you call before I come home?’” Saintangle said.

Gianni’s uncle — his mother’s brother — also desperately tried to save the tot.

“I rushed in, grabbed the baby out of my mom‘s hands and started giving it CPR,” said the brother, who declined to give his name.

Responding EMS personnel rushed the infant to Woodhull Medical Center, cops said. He was later moved to NYU Medical Center, where he was placed on life support and remained Friday morning.

The tot’s injuries were “consistent with” having been shaken, police said.

Both parents were initially questioned in connection to the incident — as they blamed each other for the child’s death, police sources said. The baby’s mother was no longer being questioned, cops said on Friday.

Cops were called to the home for one previous domestic incident report — for a dispute between the couple, police said. There were no prior child abuse incidents.

Saintangle claimed Gilmore once “choked my daughter and punched her in the mouth.”

Gilmore was on parole for an attempted robbery in 2013, corrections records show. He also had four previous busts for grand larceny, police said.

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

1-year-old Brooklyn boy’s death ruled a homicide
By Craig McCarthy, Kenneth Garger and Natalie Musumeci
November 22, 2019 | 7:09pm

The death of a 1-year-old Brooklyn boy has been ruled a homicide, authorities said Friday.

Cops responding to a 911 call discovered little Aidenn Joyette unconscious and unresponsive at his family’s home on Winthrop Street in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens around 10 a.m. Tuesday, officials said.

Medics then rushed the child to NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.

The tot’s mother told police that she went to bed the night before and when she awoke Tuesday morning, Aidenn was not breeving, so she called the cops, police said.

Police sources said there is a history of domestic violence at the home, but it was unclear who it involved.

Sources added that Aidenn’s mother will be questioned in the boy’s death.

Four other children, ages 4, 7, 16 and 18, live in the Brooklyn home, sources said.

“Our top priority is protecting the safety and well-being of all children in New York City,” the city’s Administration for Children’s Services said in a statement. “We are investigating this case with NYPD, and we have taken action to secure the safety of the other children in this home.”

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Death of 1-month-old boy in New York City home ruled homicide​

Amanda Woods

September 22, 2021 9:14am

101 East 32 Street.
Police said Daquan Vaughan-Sanchez may have succumbed to shaken baby syndrome. Gabriella Bass

The death of a 1-month-old boy in his Brooklyn home earlier this year has been ruled a homicide, police said Wednesday.
Daquan Vaughan-Sanchez’s 25-year-old father found him unconscious and unresponsive inside the apartment on East 32nd Street near Snyder Avenue in East Flatbush around 5:30 a.m. March 8 and called 911, authorities said.
Little Daquan was rushed to SUNY Downstate University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead two days later.
In ruling the death a homicide, the city medical examiner’s office said Daquan died of abusive head and neck trauma.
Police said early Wednesday that the infant may have been a victim of shaken baby syndrome.
So far, no arrests have been made in connection to the baby’s death, police said.
The homicide ruling follows a recent string of child abuse-related deaths across the city.

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

NYC mom charged with shaking her baby to death​

Amanda Woods

September 30, 2021 2:36pm

Elsa Sanchez was arrested on September 30, 2021 after shaking one-month-old Daquan Vaughan-Sanchez to death.
Elsa Sanchez was arrested on September 30, 2021, after shaking 1-month-old Daquan Vaughan-Sanchez to death. Gabriella Bass

The mother of a 1-month-old Brooklyn boy found dead in his family’s apartment earlier this year was arrested for allegedly shaking him to death, cops said.
Elsa Sanchez, 21, was arrested at 9 p.m. Wednesday in connection to the March 8 death of her infant son, Daquan Vaughan-Sanchez, inside the apartment on East 32nd Street near Snyder Avenue in East Flatbush, authorities said.
Sanchez was charged with manslaughter, reckless assault on a child causing brain injury and acting in a manner injurious to a child, police said.
The infant was a victim of shaken baby syndrome, authorities said.
In ruling the death a homicide, the city medical examiner’s office said Daquan died of abusive head and neck trauma.
Little Daquan’s 25-year-old father found him unconscious and unresponsive around 5:30 a.m. that day and called 911, authorities said.
He was rushed to SUNY Downstate University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead March 10.
The homicide ruling, and arrest, follow a recent string of child abuse-related deaths across the city.