On the menu: ghetto lobster


Albuquerque man arrested after child is rushed to hospital with severe burns
Published: January 14, 2017, 9:41 pm


ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)– A one-year-old boy rushed to ICU will never be the same after scalding injuries peeled off his skin.

18-year-old Michael Prudhomme is charged with child abuse with great bodily harm.

The child’s mom said Prudhomme was caring for the baby at an apartment near Central and Western Skies.

The boy was rushed to Lovelace Women’s Hospital with severe burns to his face, scalp and neck in November.

Police say when they tried to question Prudhomme, he said he was going to park the car, but took off instead.

A warrant was issued with court documents revealing horrific details.

The report states, “Forced immersion of this child’s head under hot flowing liquid lead to extensive burns that are excruciatingly painful and will likely leave permanent scarring.”

Woman Accused of Scalding Baby
Posted: Feb 09, 2017 3:41 PM PST
Updated: Feb 09, 2017 3:41 PM PST


A Milwaukee woman is facing child abuse charges after police say she put a baby into a bathtub filled with scalding water.

The situation happened back in November, but details surrounding the case are just now coming to light.

According to a criminal complaint, 21 year old Kelly Walton is charged with two counts of child abuse and neglect.

Police said she was watching her boyfriend's baby overnight.

Walton called the child's mother and said that they baby's skin was red and peeling.

She later returned the baby to the mother and said the baby had a reaction to the soap she used during a bath.:rolleyes:

She later confessed to police that she lied, and that she placed the baby in bathtub without checking the water.

However, medical reports suggest that the baby was restrained, after being placed in scalding hot water.

The criminal complaint says 50 percent of the baby's body is burned.

Step-mom accused of scalding toddler in court
7:35 PM. EST February 21, 2017


BUFFALO, N.Y. - Step-mom Natajua Lee, accused of scalding a toddler, waived her felony hearing Tuesday for action of a grand jury.

The 19 year-old was charged with second degree assault and acting in a manner injurious to a child.

Lee was arrested February 16 and has been held at the Erie County Holding Center.

The toddler, Leah, allegedly received second degree burns over about 16 percent of her body. Leah is almost three years-old.

According to an interview with The Buffalo News, Leah's mom said she was told differing stories about what led to the burns on her almost three year-old daughter.

The biological mom said first, Lee claimed that she left the toddler in a bathtub to grab a towel from the other room. That's when she said the toddler turned the water on and burned herself.

She said in a second story, Lee explained that the burns happened while washing the toddlers hair.

Woman put child's feet in boiling water causing 2nd-degree burns, police say
Holly Hill mother charged with child abuse

Updated: 10:37 AM, May 31, 2017


VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. - A Holly Hill mother put her child's feet in scalding hot water causing second-degree burn, police said.

Sheretta Marie Harris, 22, initially informed investigators she put her 3-year-old child in the bathtub to clean him/her, turned on the hot water and burned their feet causing severe burns
, according to the report.

Police said Harris called 911 after the incident, and her child was immediately transported to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach.

In a recorded interview with police, Harris later said at approximately noon she was washing dishes and the three children were in the main room. Harris heard screaming and crying in the bathroom with the water running. Harris rushed over to the bathroom and noticed her child needed to be cleaned from their diaper, police said.

In Harris's second interview with police, she said one of her children managed to pull the bath water release valve from the tub and Harris discovered the water running was scalding hot.

Police explained to Harris they didn't believe anyone was intentionally harmed, and what happened was an accident. However, police found it hard to believe a child could have pulled the valve to release water because it was sticky and hard to pull, according to the report.

Weeks later, police received a call from Harris's husband Dominick Daniels. In the phone call, Dominick told police he had spoke to Harris who told him she intentionally put the 3-year-old in scalding water because she was mad at him, police said.

She then left her child in the water while he/she was screaming with pain, police said.

11-year-old girl severely burned in sick ‘hot water challenge’ prank
By Daniel Prendergast
August 9, 2017 | 10:14am

An 11-year-old girl was severely burned when her friends poured scalding hot water on her as part of a cruel social media stunt in The Bronx, police said.

The girl, identified by New York 1 as Jamoneisha Merritt, suffered burns to her face chest, back and shoulders early Monday morning.

Police have arrested and charged the 12-year-old girl who allegedly dumped the water on her.

The heinous act was apparently part of a moronic stunt known as the “hot water challenge,” in which an unsuspecting person has boiling hot water dumped on them. In other variations, people willingly try to consume boiling water, police sources said.

Merritt had been invited to the sleepover party Sunday night at an apartment near the corner of Findlay Ave. and E. 166th St. in Concourse Village, police said.

As she was sleeping, the girl poured the water on Merritt, who was forced awake by the searing pain caused by the hot water.

Merritt is currently receiving treatment at Harlem Hospital for her injuries.

The 12-year-old who dumped the water has been charged with felony assault, police said.

An adult was present at the home when the incident happened.

Merritt’s mom, Ebony, told NY1 that her daughter is in excruciating pain and said doctors are not allowing the child to even look at her burns.

She added that her daughter had previously been bullied by the girl who attacked her before inviting Jamoneisha to the party Sunday night.

“She’s very sad. She’s emotionally messed up. She don’t understand why they did that to her. She thought they was her friends,” Ebony Merritt told NY1.

“I was told that they didn’t like her. And they just been bullying her. They’ve been on Snapchat. It’s been going on several times. The girl admitted it. ‘I don’t like her. I wanted to do it.'”

Late last month, an 8-year-old Florida girl was killed when she drank boiling water through a straw after being dared by her cousin to do so.

Ki’ari Pope and her cousin had apparently watched several videos on YouTube of people performing the so-called “hot water challenge” before the child severely burned her throat and died, CBS News reported.

Woman gets prison for trying to murder boyfriend with hot oil
By Rebecca Rosenberg
August 8, 2017 | 5:43pm

A Manhattan woman was sentenced Tuesday to 16 years in prison for trying to murder her boyfriend ​with scalding hot oil and a knife ​after a quarrel, authorities said.

Myeshia Hawkins-Taylor, 43, of Harlem, copped to attempted murder last July as part of a plea deal, according to a statement from the Manhattan district attorney’s office.

After a lover’s spat, Hawkins-Taylor poured hot oil on the face and body of Carlton Adams, 53, Jan. 30, 2016, as he slept in the bedroom they shared.

He awoke screaming in agony and tried to escape the apartment, but Hawkins-Taylor pursued him with a knife, stabbing him in the arm and abdomen.

She waited 36 hours to call 911. Police discovered a severely injured Adams on the floor of the apartment with flesh peeling off his face and arms and his intestines protruding from his abdomen, court papers state.

The deranged girlfriend told cops that she had intend​​ed to kill him. Adams was placed in a medically induced coma at Harlem Hospital where he remained for nearly two months, authorities said.

“Myeshia Hawkins-Taylor scalded and stabbed her boyfriend, then, for a full day, prevented him from seeking the medical treatment he desperately needed,” said DA Cyrus Vance Jr. in a statement.

He added, “It’s a common misconception that only women fall victim to domestic violence.”

An 11-year-old New York girl is permanently scarred after her so-called friends dumped boiling water on her face during a sleepover in the Bronx.

Family members told WCBS that Jamoneisha Merritt has not yet been given a mirror to see the severe damage done to her face and neck.

Police say that while Merritt slept, a 12-year-old girl threw boiling water on her. That child is now being charged with felony assault.

The child's mother told New York 1 that her daughter is in a lot of physical and emotional pain.

"She's very sad. She's emotionally messed up. She don't understand why they did that to her. She thought they was her friends," Ebony Merritt said.
Ebony Merritt does not believe that the one adult who was home during the incident did enough to prevent it.

Investigators are looking into whether this crime was inspired by an apparent social media trend called the "Hot Water Challenge." It involves stunts where unsuspecting victims get hot water thrown at them.

An 8-year-old in Florida recently died after drinking boiling water as part of a dare with another child.


11-year-old girl burned in prank says she’s ‘lucky to be alive’
By Lorena Mongelli and Natalie Musumeci
August 18, 2017 | 7:25pm


Jamoneisha Merritt

The 11-year-old Bronx girl who suffered second-degree burns to her face and body during a cruel social media-inspired stunt said Friday that she is “lucky to be alive” after a nearly two-week stint in the hospital.

“I’m happy to be home. I am thankful I’m alive. I thought I might not make it,” Jamoneisha Merritt told The Post in a phone interview shortly after she was released from Harlem Hospital.

About 85 percent of Jamoneisha’s body — including her face, chest, back and shoulders — was badly burned after she slept over a pal’s house earlier this month and got caught up in a prank gone horribly wrong.

The child awoke in searing pain Aug. 7 when her so-called friends doused her in boiling water during the “hot water challenge” — a twisted fad in which mostly unsuspecting people are video-taped while scalding water is poured on them.

“I am happy I made it through. I am happy I am healing properly and fast,” Jamoneisha said, adding that she’s “looking forward” to participating in an upcoming fashion show :eek:, during a “Stop the Violence” rally Thursday, organized by her mom.

She’s also working on some new dance moves.

The elementary schooler added: “I’m excited to show everyone what me and my friends made up. … I feel much better now. The first day I didn’t feel so well, but now I’m feeling better.”

Police arrested the 12-year-old girl who allegedly tossed the scorching water on Jamoneisha on charges of felony assault, but Jamoneisha says she wants other girls involved “arrested,” too.

“I want to stop bullying because bullying is not right, and bullying can cost people their lives,” she said.

Her mother, Ebony Merritt said: “I want justice for my daughter.”

“Even afterward, they put it on social media,” the mom said.

Speaking of her daughter, Merritt said, “She is in such good spirits. She inspires me.”

However, the mother noted, she does not want her daughter to return to her school, the Bronx Writing Academy, “because of the bullying.”

Mom accused of killing her babies by cooking them alive in oven
By Max Jaeger
October 16, 2017 | 7:32pm


An Atlanta mom is accused of killing her 1- and 2-year-old sons by cooking them alive in an oven — and then sending their father footage of the grisly aftermath.

Investigators say Lamora Williams crammed the boys — Ke’Younte Penn, 2, and Ja’Karter Williams,1 — in the oven some time between midnight Thursday and 11 p.m. Friday, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

A warrant for her arrest claims the 24-year-old single mother of four killed the youngsters “by placing them in an oven and turning it on,” the paper reported.

The official cause of death is pending an autopsy.

Williams called the boys’ father, Jameel Penn, Friday night to show him live video of the crime scene — including the children lying burned on the floor — which prompted him to call 911.

“I ain’t got no soul no more,” the grieving dad said during a Saturday vigil, according to the Journal Constitution. “Ja’karter, Keyante, my world, my everything. I’m lost.”

Williams was was arrested on felony murder charges on Saturday and was ordered held without bond in Fulton County jail. She told cops that she left the kids in a sitter’s care and found the kids dead when she came home late Friday.

Relatives told the Constitution Journal that Williams suffered from an undiagnosed mental disorder.

Her 6-year-old daughter was placed in family members’ care, according to police, but it was not immediately clear where her fourth child was.

Williams did not show up to her first court appearance Monday.

Birmingham man arrested for placing child in blistering hot water
Updated: Oct 08, 2018 04:33 PM CDT


BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) -- 42-year-old Antonio Cook of Birmingham has been arrested for aggravated child abuse of a 3-year-old.

According to a release from the Birmingham Police Department, the victim was whipped with a belt before being placed in a bathtub of scorching hot water. The child suffered blistering and bruising from the attack. The assault was reported to officials on Saturday, October 6.

Cook is the boyfriend of the victim's mother, but is not the child's father. He is currently being held in the Jefferson County Jail.

Fambly plans to sue Applebee's after toddler scalded by hot water
By Gina Daidone and Georgett Roberts
October 12, 2018 | 4:11pm | Updated October 12, 2018 | 7:53pm

A toddler was severely burned by scalding hot water at a Queens Applebee’s — and the family plans to sue because they claim employees waited 20 minutes to call for help.

The tot, Cadien Scott Gaffney, was at the restaurant on Rockaway Boulevard in Rosedale with fambly on Oct. 5, when he grabbed and spilled a cup of piping hot water, which the fambly had requested to sterilize utensils :rolleyes:, a fambly spokeswoman told The Post.

Employees did not call 911 for over 20 minutes :rolleyes:, the fambly’s attorney is now claiming.

But Applebee’s is countering that security footage shows staffers acted “with urgency.”

In an e-mailed statement to The Post on Friday, a rep for Doherty Enterprises, the Applebee’s franchisee, said the establishment has reviewed the police report and video footage of the incident and “can confirm our team members acted with urgency, calling for medical assistance while helping the family.

“We are truly saddened by this accident and our thoughts are with the child and family,” the representative said.

“We applaud the response from local police and EMTs, who were onsite within minutes.

“We were unable to obtain the family’s contact information onsite but would like to assist in any way that we can as we continue to cooperate with authorities. As always, the safety of our guests is top priority.”

Customers at the Applebee’s on Friday agreed that the parents were the ones responsible for protecting the child from the hot water — and for getting him immediate aid.

“Why did she wait to call 911? [If] my baby is burned, my first response
is to secure my kid. And then call 911,” said Shaquana Jennings, 31, a culinary student and the mother of two boys ages 9
and 5.

“It’s not their (Applebee’s) fault. She axed fo da hot watah… She should have been mo aware of the chile and da hot watah,” Jennings said, adding,
“I don’t understand how she can be suing them for a mistake she made.”

Applebee’s may be at some fault if the server placed the hot water too near the baby, said Michael Douglas, 35, who was at the restaurant with his 18-month-old son.

Still, he added, “If my baby gets hurt, I call 911 myself right away.”

Regardless of fault, the child suffered severe burns.

“He’s crying, he’s agitated, he’s not eating, he’s not sleeping,” said fambly spokeswoman Kourtnei Patterson, 35.

“He is a baby so he wants to play, he’ll get up and try [to play] but he collapses in pain, screaming bloody murder.” :dry:

Miami Gardens child scalded by boiling water dies. Mom’s boyfriend facing charges

April 24, 2019 11:57 AM


Three days after being scalded by boiling hot water, a 4-year-old Miami Gardens boy has died, law enforcement sources said.

When treating the child on Sunday, hospital workers also discovered the boy also had brain contusions and broken ribs. Police arrested Khalil Jabali, 23, the boyfriend of the child’s mother, who was charged with aggravated child abuse.

According to an arrest report, Jabali told officers that he was left alone with the woman’s three young children in their Miami Gardens home Saturday night when he discovered that the 4-year-old had urinated on himself. He told police that he had said boiled water in a microwave for three or four minutes to clean the clothing, then briefly stepped out of a bathroom where he left the water and the child.

He claims that when he returned, he discovered the child was burned, then texted his girlfriend, who was at work. Police said she urged him to put Vaseline on the wound. Jabali said they went to sleep and when he woke up later he took a shower with the child. He said he left the bathroom briefly and when he returned, the child was “laying in the tub unresponsive.”

When Jabali texted his girlfriend pictures of the wound, the woman returned home and the family took the child to the hospital. At the hospital, doctors immediately noticed the severity of the injuries — some of the child’s skin had peeled off — and contacted the state’s Department of Children & Families and police.

As police investigated the incident and talked to the woman’s 6-year-old daughter, she also told police that she was in her mother’s bed one day and that Jabali “touched her vaginal area over her clothing.”

Jabali was also charged with lewd and lascivious molestation of a child. It wasn’t immediately clear after the child’s death if prosecutors would up the aggravated child abuse charges now pending against Jabali.

Police|Harrisburg man arrested after pouring boiling water on his girlfriend
Thursday, June 20th 2019


Harrisburg, Pa. — A Harrisburg man was arrested Tuesday after pouring boiling hot water on his girlfriend, police say.

According to police, on June 5th Wisly Oxceva poured boiling hot water on his girlfriend during an argument. Oxceva's girlfriend suffered serious burns on 20-percent of her body due to the incident, and spent nearly two weeks in the Lehigh Valley Burn Center.

Man Leaves 3-Year-Old Son In Car For Several Hours During Heat Wave While Inside Restaurant, Police Say
By CBS3 Staff
July 22, 2019 at 4:56 pm


EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — A man left his 3-year-old son in a hot car for three hours during the unbearable heat wave that’s gripped the region while he was inside a Chickie’s and Pete’s in Egg Harbor Township, early Saturday morning, police say. It happened at the restaurant in the English Creek Center around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday.

Egg Harbor Township police say bystanders removed the young boy from the vehicle before police got to the scene.

Police say the 3-year-old boy was left in the vehicle for about three hours in 85-degree weather with no air conditioning while his father, 32-year-old Brandon Morgan, of Atlantic City, was inside Chickie’s and Pete’s.

Morgan was arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. He was released on a summons with a date to appear in court.

The 3-year-old boy, who was found to be in good health, was turned over to his mother.

Boyfriend accused of forcing boy into burning hot shower


HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- An Humble woman and a Houston man face felony charges for injury to a child stemming from a CPS complaint made in March.

Authorities said they received a report that a boy had been placed into a hot shower after receiving a bad grade at school. The water caused a scar on his chest and approximately 26 percent of his body was burned in the incident, according to court documents.

John Terrell, 28, is accused of the abuse to the boy, and Roekeicha Brisby, 26, is accused of lying to authorities about the ordeal and failing to take the child to receive medical care until around two days after it happened.

The documents state the child had severe burns to his head and torso, and was permanently disfigured.

Brisby told investigators that on March 10, she was boiling water on the stove when the air conditioner came on in the kitchen. She said her son leaned down to pick up a basketball and hit the handle of the pot of water with his head when he raised back up, causing the water to fall on the AC. Investigators later determined those claims were untrue, according to documents.

In an interview with staff at the Children's Assessment Center on Nov. 18, detectives said the victim was at Terrell's house with his mother back in March, when Terrell put him in the shower after he had gotten in trouble at school. The victim told an interviewer Terrell had removed the shower head and pointed the hot water toward him. The boy also said Terrell spanked him and choked him after getting out of the shower.

Both Brisby and Terrell have mugshots from previous charges with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
I pronounce this spic an honorary nigger.


Long Island woman arrested for leaving a toddler in scalding bath
By Daniel Cassady
January 6, 2020 | 12:06pm


Yenci Lopez

A 19-year-old Long Island woman was arrested Sunday for leaving a toddler she was babysitting in a scalding hot bath that burned 20 percent of the child’s body, according to Nassau County Police.

Yenci Elizabeth Lopez of Hempstead allegedly plunged the 2-year-old boy into blistering-hot water at around 6:30 p.m. Sunday evening and left him there for several minutes, despite the child screaming in pain, police said.

Lopez then left the house without seeking medical attention for the boy, who suffered second-degree burns, cops said.

The child was taken to a local hospital where he was treated in the burn unit, cops said.

Lopez faces a number of charges including reckless assault of a child and endangering the welfare of a child. She is expected to be arraigned on Monday.