Murder Rate Skyrockets in Chester, PA where 73.99% of the population is African American

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Man Shot, Killed Inside KNF Market In Chester: Police​

By CBS3 StaffMay 4, 2022 at 4:49 pm

CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — Police in Chester are searching for a shooter who killed a man in a corner market Wednesday morning and then ran into a home with children inside. CBS3 was outside the home earlier this afternoon as SWAT arrived and children were seen being carried from the home to safety.
Investigators initially believed the suspected killer was hiding inside.
Police say a drone was flown but officers couldn’t locate the gunman.
Officers are now searching for the shooter elsewhere.
Neighbors call the gunfire alarming.
“All I could do is run and get under the car, man. We need to really clean up the streets. We need a safe environment for all these kids running around here, man,” a neighbor said.
No arrests have been made.
The victim’s identity has not been released.

The Bobster

Suspect Muhammad McBride In Custody After Fatal Shooting Inside Chester Corner Market, Police Say​

By CBS3 StaffMay 5, 2022 at 6:15 am
Filed Under:Delaware County news, Local News, Muhammad McBride

CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — A suspect accused of shooting and killing a man inside of a Chester corner market Wednesday morning and then running into a home with children inside has been taken into custody. Police say 18-year-old Muhammad McBride has turned himself in.

The shooting happened on the 1100 block of West 3rd Street around 10 a.m.
Medical Decisions At Risk
CBS3 was outside the home earlier this afternoon as SWAT arrived and children were seen being carried from the home to safety.
Investigators initially believed the suspected killer was hiding inside.
Police say a drone was flown but officers couldn’t locate the gunman.
Neighbors call the gunfire alarming.
“All I could do is run and get under the car, man. We need to really clean up the streets. We need a safe environment for all these kids running around here, man,” a neighbor said.
The victim’s identity has not been released.

The Bobster

Man Dies After Being Found With Gunshot Wound On Widener University​

By CBS3 StaffMay 5, 2022 at 4:12 pm

CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — Police converge on Widener University after a gunshot victim is found on campus. He later died at the hospital.
Investigators say someone shot the man a few blocks away at 11th and Hyatt Streets.
Chopper 3 was over the scene Thursday afternoon.

Investigators say the shooting has nothing to do with students at Widener.
There are no suspects at this time.

The Bobster

Wife Of Critically Injured Tow Truck Driver Pleads For Justice After Husband Got Ambushed On Job In Chester​

By Alicia RobertsMay 7, 2022 at 11:21 pm

CHESTER, Pa (CBS) — The family of a tow truck driver is pleading for justice after he was ambushed and shot on the job early Tuesday morning. On Saturday night, Jamie King remains in critical condition as Chester police search for his shooter.
Nicole King says it’s a miracle her husband is even alive Saturday after Chester city police say someone upset after their car was repossessed pulled out a gun and started shooting.
“Motorcycle loving, tattooed sweetheart,” said Nicole King, who was holding back tears as she described her husband, Jamie.
Her husband is a father of four who works for a company that repossesses cars when owners default on their payments.
Wife Of Critically Injured Tow Driver Pleads For Justice After Husband Got Ambushed On Job In Chester
“Jamie loved his job,” Nicole King said. “He loved it. I mean, he would joke and say, ‘ I get to steal cars for a living. It’s the best job.’”
While the work can be dangerous, Nicole King says she never imagined the news that was to come when she heard a knock on her door early Tuesday morning.
“My heart sunk into my stomach, I knew something was wrong,” she said.
Jamie King just finished a call in Chester and had hopped out of his tow truck to lock the gate. That’s when police say a vehicle pulled up and a person with a gun got out and started firing shots. He was struck in the head, chest, and stomach and was rushed into surgery. He remains sedated in critical condition.
“He absolutely hears my voice and recognizes me. He can take commands. He’ll squeeze your hand if you tell him to, or give a thumbs up, or wiggle his toes,” Nicole King said.
Jamie King’s recovery will likely take months and years. His wife is at a loss for how someone could do this to someone just doing his job.
Wife Of Critically Injured Tow Driver Pleads For Justice After Husband Got Ambushed On Job In Chester
As Chester City police investigate, Nicole King prays no one else gets hurt as her husband begins the long process of healing.
“We’re taking it a day at a time, sometimes a minute at a time,” Nicole King said. “Our lives have literally flipped upside down in the blink of an eye.”
Chester police tell Eyewitness News they have a person of interest. Friends have set up an online fundraiser to help with Jamie King’s medical costs.

The Bobster

Chester Police Issue Arrest Warrant For Jihad Perry In Connection To Fatal Shooting​

By CBS3 StaffMay 7, 2022 at 5:34 pm

CHESTER, PA. (CBS) — Police have issued an arrest warrant for 43-year-old Jihad Perry in connection to a deadly shooting in Chester. The victim was found on Widener’s campus.
Police say Perry shot and killed Robert Dungee on Thursday in the 1100 block of Hyatt Street. His body was discovered in the area of East 14th Street.
Chester Police Issue Arrest Warrant For Jihad Perry In Connection To Fatal Shooting
Police say Perry is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information should call the police.

The Bobster

Man Wanted In Connection To Fatal Shooting Near Widener University Arrested in Delaware, US Marshals Say​

By CBS3 StaffMay 16, 2022 at 3:03 pm

CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — A suspect wanted in the murder of a man whose body was found near Widener University’s campus earlier this month has been arrested in Delaware. U.S. Marshals said 43-year-old Jihad Perry was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Monday in New Castle County.
Authorities say Perry shot and killed Robert Dungee on May 5 on the 1100 block of Hyatt Street in Chester.
Dungee’s body was discovered in the area of East 14th Street, a few blocks from Widener University’s campus.

Perry is charged with criminal homicide and Pennsylvania state parole violations.
He’s currently being held at New Castle County jail awaiting extradition back to Pennsylvania.