Dare go da welfare check

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter



Mother charged with killing her 5 year old son

(Jackson County, MS) March 2 - A Gulf Coast mother is charged with capital murder for allegedly killing her 5-year old boy. Police spent hours searching Tuesday near the boy's home in Escatawpa off Highway 613.

The body of Kenderick Broadhead was recovered Tuesday night in a rural area of Harrison County near Pass Christian.

Deputies with the Jackson County Sheriff's department will be outside the house where the five year old lived with his mother and older sister until Wednesday morning.

Neighbors in the quiet residential nei
ghborhood are stunned. "I've lived here all my life and never seen anything like this. I've seen police cars, this and that but nothing like what's going on behind us here." said Brent Knowles.

The boy was reported missing early Tuesday morning. Neighbors were notified by a computerized call. Cheryl Thomas described the call, "Alerting it was a 5 year old black little boy missing. They was gonna be in the area looking with helicopters and stuff with dogs and search the area."

The search was called off hours later. Investigators suspected foul play and began a criminal investigation.

Knowles said, "There's no way a 5 year old child did anything to deserve getting beat much less getting killed and dumped in a dirt pit somewhere in another county. That's just bad."

Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said the boy's 27 year old mother, Towander Broadhead, is charged with his murder. Her 43 year old boyfriend, Willie Thomas, is charged with accessory to murder.

t's horrible, words can't describe how it makes you feel that those people live beside you and you don't know it." said Evelyn Knowles.

The owner of the house said the family was renting the house and moved in less than two months ago. Investigators said Willie Thomas led police to the boy's body.

The medical examiner's report is expected to be complete sometime Wednesday.

I can'ts decide what to say so I'll be let y'all picks from deese heah choices.

a.) Three for the price of one.
b.) Typical Negro fambly values.
c.) You n-ggers make me sick.
d.) Getting killed and dumped in a dirt hole in another county really sucks.
e.) The ever popular, "Dare go da welfare check."


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Oakland Park parents charged in beating death of their toddler

Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives late Friday night arrested and charged the parents of a 3-year-old with beating her to death.

Oakland Park Fire Rescue medics responded to a 911 call Friday morning at the home of Jonas and Lineda Julien and rushed their daughter, Ediana, to Holy Cross Hospital, where doctors pronounced her dead. The girl died from multiple blunt trauma inflicted over a long period of time, the Medical Examiner's Office said.

The 33-year-old mother and 37-year-old father told detectives that Ediana inflicted the injuries on herself, but the autopsy results contradict the parents' statement, Sheriff's Office spokeswoma
n Veda Coleman-Wright said.

The child suffered a number of "extensive internal injuries in various stages of healing," including internal bleeding, a rib fracture, a lacerated liver, and contusions to the abdomen, lung, shoulder, neck, buttocks, legs and scalp, Coleman-Wright said Saturday.

"At the same time, the parents are telling us the daughter has been in their sole care," Coleman-Wright said. "If they were the only ones caring for her, someone has to take responsibility. We're placing the blame on the parents and arrested them for her murder."

The alleged nature of the beating death made the news even more troubling to neighbor Jenny Lane, who shared an inside wall with the family.

"That's what's so troubling about this case," she said. "If they were noisy alcoholics, okay. But they were clean cut, quiet people."

It was the second time this week a child died at the hands of a parent, the Sheriff's Office said.

In the other case this week, detectives on Thursday
charged Katrina Ferguson, 25, with starving her infant son to death, then burying him near her Lauderdale Lakes home.

The baby, Trinaud Robinson, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces when he was born Nov. 16, and 5 pounds, 4 ounces when he was exhumed Wednesday, Coleman-Wright said.

There were 810 homicide victims younger than 14 in the year 2000, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 75 percent of those killed were younger than 5. Between 1976 and 2000, 84 percent of all children younger than 5 were killed by a mother, a father or a male acquaintance.

In both of this week's cases, investigators found evidence that the dead children's siblings had been abused, too.

Ferguson's 1-year-old daughter appeared to be malnourished, two officials familiar with the case said. The girl also had burns on her body, as did some of the other three children, ages 2, 5 and 6, one of the officials said.

At an emergency court hearing Saturday morning to have the Oakland Park girl's
siblings placed in temporary state custody, Richard Kaplan, a lawyer for the state Attorney General's Office, said the dead girl's twin brother had loop marks on his body, indicating he had been beaten recently by something like a belt or an extension cord.

Investigators did not find marks on the older brothers, ages 8 and 6, the Sheriff's Office said, but they will be examined by doctors on Monday.

Dr. Walter F. Lambert, medical director of Miami-Dade's Child Protection Team, said if one child is killed, all of the children need to be
examined thoroughly. Striking an older child might not cause as much injury as it would to a 3-year-old, Lambert said, and the older children might be able to run away or escape more easily than a younger child.

Lambert has also seen cases where parents get frustrated and go too far with children because they cannot handle the behaviors exhibited at that age.

"I have 6 children," Lambert said. "A lot of people think teenagers are hard. I find pre-adolescents
to be hard. I think teenagers are great."

Dem mammies sho nuff lub dey chilluns.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter


Relatives say woman charged with murder of her son is being mistreated in jail

(PASCAGOULA, Miss.) March 8 -- A local mother is behind bars, accused of murdering her 5-year-old son. He was buried this past weekend in Mobile. Now, relatives claim the mother is being treated unfairly in a Mississippi jail.

Towander Broadhead's cousin, who asked not to be identified, says "It's just like they are trying to kill her. The
're just beating her in the jail."

Broadhead is in custody at the Jackson County Adult Detention Center. The cousin says she finds it hard to believe Towander could kill her own child. "I don't know what she was going through but I know she loved him and he loved his mother."

Kendrick Bro
adhead's body was found last week in Harrison County, Mississippi after Towander reported him missing from their home in Escatawpa. Now her cousin says the inmates and the officers are retaliating against her. "They won't give her towels to wash her face."

Officials at the jail, however, dispute that. Major Randy McClendon, Administrator of the showed NBC 15 news a picture from a surveillance tape from the A-D-C. It shows Towanda walking to the shower with a towel draped over her shoulder. "There is nothing here to support those allegations. We have a 24 hour surveillance system."

Her cousin also alleges that Towander is not being fed. Major Mcclendon disputes that, as well. "I specifically asked if she refused trays and the answer was no."

In fact, the only thing McClendon will confirm is that inmates had made remarks about her. So jail officials called in a person to minister to the inmates. "It happens, especially when children are involved. We wanted them to understand she is
innocent until proven guilty."

Meantime, Towander's cousin says Kendrick's death and Towanda's incarceration has been especially hard on Towanda's 10 year old daughter Royeesha. ”It's not a day that she doesn't ask about her and want to see her. And she asks why they are jumping on her; she has so much love for her mother."

Broadhead's boyfriend, 43-year-old Willie Thomas, is charged as an accessory to capital murder. The family moved to Mississippi from Prichard about 6 weeks ago.

Dat po' old mammy! Somebody please throw her bail so she can lub Royeesha like she did da utter one.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Mother Facing Charges in Daughter's Torture, Death

DECATUR -- A DeKalb County grand jury has accused the mother of a 4-year-old girl and the woman's roommate with the child's death in January.

The grand jury said Thursday that for two days before she died, Rita Moody was gagged, bound at the wrists and ankles, beaten with a leather strap and sexually assaulted with a wooden pole.

Rita's mother, Demetre Evans, 29, and Oshadotaive Roberson, 27, were charged with murder, child cruelty and aggravated sexual battery.

Four other children were in and out of the a
artment near Decatur as the torture took place the weekend of Jan. 24-25, District Attorney Jeffrey Brickman said.

Brickman said he could not discuss what the other children may have witnessed bu
t sa
id Roberson's 16-year-old sister finally called 911. Rita
was pronounced dead at DeKalb Medical Center early Jan. 26.

A spokeswoman for the Department of Human Resources, Elizabeth Wilson, said an administrative review of the case is scheduled next week.

Mo' negro fambly values. And people wonder why we don't want them in our neighborhoods and schools.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Man gets 20 years for death of infant

Convicted in January of manslaughter in the death of a 3-month-old infant born to a crack-addicted mother, Likeyous Gerard Wiggins was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison.

At his sentencing hearing, Wiggins did not dwell on the baby girl, Raven Mitchell, but told Mobile County Circuit Judge Joseph "Rusty" Johnston he should not be made to go to prison for her death.

His attorney, Tom Haas, quickly pointed out to Johnston that his client's remarks were based on Wiggins' consistent belief in his i
nocence in the February 2003 death of the girl, who died of head trauma.

As he had argued during the trial, Haas said that Wiggins did not intentionally kill the child.

Wiggins was guilty of

Haas again said Friday, and suggested that his cl
ient had been convicted "for something he did in his sleep."

According to Wiggins' testimony in January, the baby shared a bed with him and his girlfriend. On Feb. 8, 2002, she was injured when she apparently fell out of the bed, he said.

Medical witnesses for the prosecution testified her inju ries could not have come from a mere fall from a bed, but Haas presented his own medical witness who said it could have happened that way, given her young age.

The couple was keeping the baby because the baby's mother was a crack cocaine addict, witnesses said. Raven was the 13th child of the woman, according to testimony.

While his girlfriend was at school, Wiggins said during
his trial, he went to sleep, awoke, found the baby girl on the floor, and even though the baby was torpid and lethargic and not moving, bathed her, changed her diapers, laid her back on the bed, then
played vide
o games.

Only when the girlfriend came home was 911 called and medical help sought for the

Haas had argued that Wiggins' lack of skills, education and common sense did not make him guilty of murder, which was the original charge.

Assistant District Attorney Ashley Rich told Johnston that Wiggins is "a danger to ... children he's around" and cared so little about the child that he played "Game Boy" while she was dying.

"Nothing could be done once it happened," Haas said of the child's injuries. "She was doomed from then on."

Johnston called the child's death "a sad case, and a strange case," then gave Wiggins the 20-year sentence for which Rich had asked.

One down, 12 more to go.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Hinesville woman charged in death of 3-year-old daughter

A Hinesville woman has been charged in the November death of her 3-year-old daughter.

Hinesville Police Detective Tracey Howard said autopsy results showed the death of Kiyanna Mone Campbell was a homicide. Howard declined to specify how the child was killed. Her death was initially believed to be an accidental drowning.

"Injuries found on the infant's body were found to be consistent wit
child abuse," Howard said.

Kamisha Macine Campbell, 30, of 415 Gassaway St., was charged earlier this month with murder and cruelty to children.

At 8:50 p.m. Nov. 12, emergency me
l personnel and police responded to reports of a bathtub drowning at Campbell's previous home at 402 Gassaway

According to a report filed by Hinesville police officer James Dunn, the girl's mother told him, "She was running the bath water for the kids and that she was extremely hungry to the extent she felt faint. She went into the kitchen and put a sandwich into the microwave to warm it up. When she returned into the bathroom, she found Kiyanna lying on her side facing the wall floating."

The child was taken to Liberty Regional Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

A four-month investigation concluded that Campbell was home alone with three of her four children at the time of death, Howard said.

The other two children who lived with her wer
e removed from the home following the death and placed in the care of their grandparents.

Campbell was denied bond following a first appearance before Liberty County Magistrate Jimmy Bomare.

Don't worry too much about it mammy, where you're going you won't need that welfare check no mo'.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Uncle pleads guilty in shooting death of tot

HILLSBOROUGH -- A man accused of inadvertently killing his toddler nephew during a Christmas Eve dispute over disciplining a child pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges stemming from the shooting.

Lashanta Romaro Fearrington, 24, can expect to serve at least seven years in prison for the death of 18-month-old Measha Lamont Fearrington II and the wounding of James Long Edwards, the boyfriend of Jackie Mann, Fearrington's mother.

The child was killed when a bullet from Fearrington's gun passed through Edwards' leg and struck the child in the head.

Fearrington was charged originally with first-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. The incident occurred Dec. 24, 2002, at the Orange County home shared by his mother and E

Fearrington pleaded guilty Wednesday in Orange County Superior Court to the lesser charges of voluntary manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, along with a charge of possession of a firearm by a felon. Fearrington is not allowed to have a gun outside his home because he was convicted on drug charges in 1997.

Fearrington's sentencing is set for March 29. Judge Wade Barber told Fearrington he would receive a penalty of seven to nine years at that hearing. But Barber warned Fearrington, who has been out on bail, that he would face a harsher sentence if he fails to appear. Barber also ordered Fearrington to have no contact with the toddler's mother, Chywan Holman

The shooting happened at 2208 Jo Mac Road during a holiday gathering, according to information presented by the prosecution. Among the children there was a toddler known as MJ, the son of Holman and Fearrington's older brother, Measha.

Edwards and Mann began fighting after Edwar
ds disciplined one of their children with a belt. Edwards, now 35, testified previously that Mann hit Edwards with the belt, asking him how it felt, according to Assistant District Attorney James Woodall. At one point, Edwards said he let go of the belt and Mann fell onto the bed.

Some children came into the room to see what was happening, but the two sent them away. When Edwards left the room, he saw Fearrington with a gun in his hand. Edwards told him to put the gun down, and the revolver went off as Edwards approached, according to Woodall.

"Almost immediately, he realized MJ had been shot in the head," Woodall said.
Fearrington's lawyer, public defender James Williams, said at earlier hearings that MJ's death was entirely accidental. Williams has said his client was armed to protect his mother from abuse at Edwards' hands.

Fearrington did not address the court aside from brief responses to the judge's questions.

I just lub dese negro fambly fueds. It always tur
ns out good.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Spring Lake Man Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Stepdaughter

SPRING LAKE, N.C. -- The Spring Lake man charged with the murder of his 2-year-old stepdaughter in 2002 pleaded guilty in Harnett County Superior Court.

Andrew Stewart, a 22-year-old New York native, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and felonious child abuse inflicting serious injury.

He was sentenced to between 94 and 122 months in prison.

94 - 122 mumfs? Since when did judges starting
handing out murder sentences in mumfs?


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Man who smothered infants given 30-year sentence

NORFOLK --A man who admitted he smothered two infants while sexually assaulting them 17 years ago was sentenced Friday to 30 years in prison.

Tyrone M. Lee, 33, confessed the crimes to a polygraph examiner last year, after violating his probation on a 1999 charge of sexually assaulting another child.

According to court documents, Lee told the polygraph examiner that in February 1987 he covered the mouth and nose of his second cousin, 11-month-old Jerome D. Kearney, to keep him from crying while Lee commit
ed a sex act on him. Months later, Lee killed his 7-month-old niece, Ladina L. Johnson, in a similar way

Medical examiners originally ruled both cases sudden infant death syndrome, or crib deat

h. L
ee was 16 at the time of the killi

The examiner, Michael Slezak, was asked in June to do a full-disclosure interview with Lee to help probation officers outline his treatment as a sexual offender. Lee had been found in violation of his probation because he spent the night in the same room as a 7-year-old boy less than 10 days after he got out of prison, despite a judge's order that he have no contact with children.

Way to go Tyrone! Donchu lets nobody tell you dat you can't participate in dat rich Afreakan heritage!


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Gunshot kills sleeping infant

DETROIT ”” A 1-year-old baby was killed early Sunday when a shotgun her baby sitter was handling discharged in an east side home, homicide detectives said the 46-year-old woman told them.

Police found the body of Dai-Jhanell Clark about 3:50 a.m. lying in bed in her home in the 7000 block of Frederick, near East Grand Boulevard. She had been shot in the head.

”The baby sitter said she did not know the shotgun was loaded,” said Homicide Lt. William Petersen.

The baby sitter told police she had been cleaning and found the 12-gauge pump shotgun under the sofa.

”She picked up the shotgun and racked a round into the chamber and apparently did not know what she was doing and pulled the trigger,” Petersen said.

The gun fired and
one piece of buckshot struck Dai-Jhanell in the head as she slept in a nearby room.

The baby sitter also was watching her two children and the baby's older sister, Shanell Clark, 2. They were not injured.

The mother of the little girl, LaDonna Leanon, 17, was not home at the time and has been too distraught to talk with detectives, Petersen said.

Police plan to give the case today to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, which will determine if charges are filed.

Jesus H. Christ! Doing this thread is making me sick! I see no end in sight.
It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter


2 arrested in infant death

A mother and her female roommate have been charged with murder of a 4-month-old boy who was violently shaken to death and may have been abused since birth.

Candis Nikita West and Baretta Harold Pierce were arrested Friday by Cobb County police in connection with the Feb. 11 death of West's infant son, Dante. A two-month investigation into the child's death led to Friday's arrests.

Dante was taken by ambulance to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta from his home near Smyrna on Jan. 23. Emergency room doctors alerted police and state child welfare workers, Cobb police spokesman Cpl. Dana Pierce said Friday.

Dante remained hospitalized until Feb. 11, when
he was taken off life support after doctors determined he was clinically dead, Pierce said.

"Our crimes-against-children unit investigated the child's injuries, and detectives filed charges once laboratory results that confirmed the manner of death became available," Pierce said.

West, 22, is charged with murder and cruelty to children. Pierce, 29, described by police as West's partner and roommate, is charged with murder, cruelty to children and deprivation of a minor. Both women are jailed in Cobb County without bond.

West and Pierce are both accused of causing fatal brain damage to Dante by "
violently shaking" the infant, according to police.

The women were arrested the same day Gov. Sonny Perdue signed a package of new laws that increase penalties in child abuse cases.
Among the changes, which go into effect July 1, is an additional 10-year sentence for parents who endanger their children.

Cobb Detective C.B. Northern said Pierce admitted she did not feed the baby or ch
ange his diapers for at least six hours while she cared for him the day before an ambulance crew took him to the hospital
. A 911 call was made, but police records don't indicate who placed the call.

Cobb child welfare officials were first notified that Dante may have been abused in November, said Division of Family and Children Services spokesman Michael Driscoll. A Nov. 25 report indicates the abuse allegation was investigated and dismissed as being unfounded, Driscoll said. The next time DFCS workers heard about Dante was the day after his death, he said.

Driscoll would not comment directly on Dante's case but said DFCS workers generally evaluate reports of possible abuse within five days. Welfare workers visit the child's home and validate information from family members by talking with neighbors, teachers or doctors as appropriate, Driscoll said.

Friday afternoon, residents of the eight-unit building where Dante lived at Oakley Run apartments near Smyrna said they didn't know the infan
t had died.

"I didn't know about any problem," said Quiana Buford, 21, who has lived in another apartment at 900 Cobb Crossing since August. "I didn't know anything was wrong with him until today."

West and Pierce moved from the apartment after Dante's death and were arrested elsewhere Friday, police said.


It has become obvious that a negro, left to its own devices, cannot
live in a civilized manner. Negroes need owners; freeing them was a bad idea.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Riviera Beach mother charged in death of nine-month-old son

A Riviera Beach woman has been charged today in the death of her baby son.

Police arrested Lakyna Anderson, 26, of Riviera Beach, early this morning and charged her with aggravated manslaughter of a child.

They are also seeking Nicklous Anderson, her husband.

Police were called to St. Mary's Hospital Thursday evening to investigate the death of the couple's 9-month-old son, whose body was burned and bruised, said Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office spok
swoman Diane Carhart.

The Florida Department of Children & Families has taken custody of the couple's other child, who is two years old, said Marylin Munoz, a spokeswoman for the agency.

b>"This is probably one of the worst cases of child abuse that w
e have investigated," Carhart said. [/b]

Photo of mammy at link.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Richland Co. foster child's death ruled homicide

(Columbia) April 9, 2004 - Lakeysha Tharp lived in New Friarsgate for just three weeks with her 16-month-old brother, their foster mother, Lydia Gardner, and Gardner's four biological children.

Irmo PD Captain Brian Buck says that's where she was smothered, "Both officers, paramedics, everyone who lived there was very upset. Only the most cold-hearted of people would kill a child and then show no emotion afterward. Everyone was very upset."

According to the incident report, Gardner's biologic
l 16-year-old daughter put Leykesha in her crib around 6:45am Wednesday morning only to come back two hours later to find her cold to the touch and stiff. Family members say they used CPR to revive her but

Gardner was allegedly inside, but sleeping
at that time.

The coroner says that couldn't have happened, because the autopsy shows she died several hours before she was reportedly found. In a statement to WIS News 10, Coroner Gary Watts says he doesn't agree with the teenager's statement. He also says there were some unusual injuries on the baby that led them to believe there was some sort of sexual abuse.

Captain Buck says that's all part of their investigation, "Obviously, we have a victim who can't tell us what happened, but we're looking at every circumstance being involved in this case."

The Department of Social Services is also investigating. Virginia Williamson says they will conduct their own investigat
ion not only of what happened, but of the foster family itself, "Anytime a child that is known to DSS is harmed in any way and certainly when a child dies, it's a very big deal to us. It&#39
very seriou
s and heartbreaking for the people involved with her and the people who knew the child."

All of
the minor children have been put into protective custody.

Gardner has been licensed with DSS as foster mother since September of 2002. There are no records of previous abuse or neglect complaints from that home. News 10 learned that Gardner was arrested in 1997 for writing a fraudulent check, but DSS says that would not disqualify her as a foster parent.

So what does it take to be a foster parent? ...

Dey be dropping like flies!


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
No bail for woman who allegedly beat 2-year-old son to death

A pregnant Chicago woman who allegedly beat her toddler to death shortly after returning home from a trip to buy drugs was ordered held without bail Monday in Cook County Criminal Court.

Tawalah Grant, 19, is charged with first-degree murder, and her boyfriend, Charles Anderson, 22, is charged with felony child endangerment. He is accused of watching the beating and failing to do anything to help 2-year-old Keyshawn Howard.

Anderson was being held in Cook County Jail on $90,000 bond.

Cook Cou
ty Assistant State's Attorney Sarah Simpson alleged in court Monday that Grant punched Keyshawn and hit him with a belt several times late Friday and early Saturday at Anderson's apartment in the 50
0 block of West 59th Street. The beatings began as Grant
and Anderson left their apartment to buy drugs nearby, taking Keyshawn with them, she said.

Even after Keyshawn began to moan, Grant continued to beat the child, Simpson said. Grant also has a 3-month-old baby girl. Neither child belongs to Anderson.

After they returned home, Anderson and Grant noticed Keyshawn was having difficulty breathing, but neither summoned help, Simpson said.

At some point, according to Simpson, Grant and Anderson had sex, watched television and then fell asleep. When they awoke, Keyshawn was cold to the touch and unresponsive, Simpson said. Anderson and Grant tried CPR and then called 911. The child was pronounced dead at St. Bernard Hospital about a half-hour later.

An autopsy revea
led Keyshawn had "massive abdominal injuries," including damage to his liver and kidneys.

Both Grant and Anderson have given videotaped statements to investigators, Simpson said.

Wake up America and smell the negro!


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Mom Sentenced to Life in Daughter's Death

DECATUR -- A DeKalb County woman has been sentenced to life in prison for the beating death of her 4-year-old daughter.

Demetre Evans, 29 pleaded guilty Monday to murder. She also received 20-year sentences for child cruelty and aggravated sexual battery.

Rita Moody died in January. Authorities said she was gagged, bound at the wrists and ankles, beaten with a leather strap and sexually assaulted with a wooden pole.

Evans' roommate, Oshadotaive Roberson, 27, also faces the same charges. A jury began hearing the case a
ainst Roberson on Monday.

In his opening arguments, prosecutor Max Hirsch said Roberson was criminally responsible for the killing because she manipulated Evans, who is mildly mentally disabled. <

Most negroes are mildly mentally r
etarded, no big deal.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Baby Drowns in Tub; Mother Questioned

A Jackson family is struggling with the death of one of their youngest members. Two-year-old Tyreese Williams was found unconscious and not breathing in the bathtub Wednesday morning, the victim of a drowning. His mother, Tiffany Williams, 22, is now being questioned by police about why this happened.

Paramedics were called to the Williams home at 307 Baker Street, around 10:30 Wednesday morning.

Outside the home, a family in grief, and a mother in disbelief that her son was now gone. Police say the baby had been left alone in the tub for a s
ort time by his mother, who, surrounded by family, was visibly distraught by the tragic morning events.

"The mother was going back and forth from one room to the other, washing clothes, and c
hecking on the child in the bathtub...in five-minute intervals
then going back giving the infant milk," said Jackson police spokesman Robert Graham. "When she checked on the child for a third time, that's when she found the child underwater in the bathtub."

Tyreese's grandfather says recently social workers had to remove Tyreese from the home, fearing for his safety.

"He had slipped and fell," William Drone says. "It was an accident, and got a little scratch, took him for about a month. Shehad a nervous breakdown behind this. He was a happy, good boy, looked like me. He was my favorite boy."

Drone says he never left his kids alone while they were young, a lesson he says Tiffany didn't comprehend, and one
his grandson is now paying the ultimate price for.

"Don't leave your kids alone, period!" Drone says. "I didn't leave them alone. I told h
er last time she got in trouble about leaving her kids; she said she wouldn't do it no more, but she did."

Tiffany Williams was led away by police for q
uestioning, but at this time she faces no charges. She has two other children, including an infant who was at her home on the morning of the drowning.

The drowning is now under investigation. Jackson police say they will present their findings to the Hinds County grand jury.

Photo of blubbering cornrowed mammy at link below.
The Clarion Ledger

Black folk obviously need YT to watch dey chilluns fo' dem.


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Man Receives Life Sentence in Toddler's Death

DECATUR -- A man accused of torturing and beating his 2-year-old stepson to death last year was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison after pleading guilty to felony murder and cruelty to children.

Shaun Christian Stewart, 25, had faced a possible death penalty for killing Kyshawn Punter, who died Aug. 14, 2003. Kyshawn's mother, Shoneri Punter, 26, also faces charges of felony murder and contributing to the death of a minor because she left the boy in Stewart's care. Her trial has not been scheduled.

The fatal bea
ing was one of two child deaths in metro Atlanta that led to a shakeup of the state Division of Family and Children Services, which had investigated the families for possible child abuse but left the childr

en in the custody of the parents.

Gov. Sonny
Perdue replaced the chief of DFCS and the commissioner of the Department of Human Resources, which oversees the agency. A child welfare worker who was forced to leave her job filed a $2 million lawsuit against the state in March, claiming she was unfairly blamed for problems with the system.

A threeferdapriceofone!


Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Mom of Slain Toddler Receives 5-Year Prison Sentence

DECATUR -- The mother of a 2-year-old who died after torture and beating by his stepfather in August 2003 has been sentenced to five years in prison for child deprivation.

The death of Kyshawn Punter was one of two child killings in metro Atlanta last summer that led to a shake-up in Georgia's child welfare system, including the replacement of the chiefs of the Division of Family and Children's Services and its parent agency.

Shonderi Punter, 25, who pleaded guilty Thursday, was out of state on military service at the ti
e her son died. She had promised a DeKalb County judge and child welfare workers in July 2003 that she would immediately move Kyshawn and his 6-year-old sibling away from his stepfather after evidence of ab

DFCS personnel did not ensure that she kept th
e promise. Two caseworkers were forced out of their jobs.

The stepfather, Shaun Stewart, 26, pleaded guilty to murdering the child and was sentenced last month to life in prison.

Five years ain't long enough.



Just looking at the pics of these bonobos sends shivers down my spine. (Please can someone tell me how to REPLACE photos into the messages from news stories? Am having problems doing so. Also BB code doesn't seem to work. Is it because I am using Firefox?).

According to the law, these creatures ARE OUR EQUALS. I know that whites also have done horrendous crimes against children, but what is it about this dark race that causes them to smash and bash their young to death at such a high rate? The lack of remorse is not surprising, because this feral race simply has none.

I read an article last year that male gorillas will sometimes kill the young of the female they are presently hav
ng a mating relationship with. Although not all these n_glets were murdered by their "uncles", I believe that this is a behavior engrained in the bonobo brain due to their close relationship to t
he lower primates.

I have seen so many c
rocodile tears shed by the mothers of the victims. Some of them have so many kids, it's a wonder they even miss one of them.