Woman who escaped would-be rapist in NYC subway station has been living in fear since attack: ‘Always looking behind me’

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Woman who escaped would-be rapist in NYC subway station has been living in fear since attack: ‘Always looking behind me’​

By
Social Links for Allie Griffin

Published April 3, 2024, 2:26 a.m. ET

A young woman who narrowly escaped being raped by a man inside a Queens subway station said she is always looking over her shoulder since the terrifying assault left her battered and bruised.
“Now, I’m always looking behind me,” the 21-year-old victim named Jamileth said in a new interview with ABC 7 Eyewitness News. “I can’t walk calmly. I always think that someone is following. I don’t know what to do. I feel terrible.”
The victim of an attempted rape in Queens subway station spoke out to detail the Feb. 24 attack. 5
The victim of an attempted rape in Queens subway station spoke out to detail the Feb. 24 attack. WABC-TV
Her attacker remains at large more than a month after the Feb. 24 attack — which has left her living in constant fear.
Jamileth was taking an F train home at around midnight after finishing her night shift cleaning offices when she rested her eyes while sitting in the subway car.

When she opened them, she saw a man staring at her, she told the news station.

Back