Sicko teen nabbed for trying to rape woman inside NYC subway station: cops

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Sicko teen nabbed for trying to rape woman inside NYC subway station: cops​

By
Social Links for Amanda Woods

Published April 3, 2024, 6:52 p.m. ET

A sicko was busted this week for trying to rape a 21-year-old woman inside a Queens subway station in February, according to police.

Donovan Simmon, 19, was nabbed Tuesday afternoon and charged with attempted rape, unlawful imprisonment, assault and lewdness in connection to the terrifying Feb. 24 attack inside the 169th Street station in Jamaica, cops said.

The victim, who identified herself as Jamileth, told ABC 7 Eyewitness News that she was taking an F train home at around midnight after finishing her night shift cleaning offices when she rested her eyes while sitting in the subway car.

Donovan Simmon, 19, was charged with  attempted rape, unlawful imprisonment, assault and lewdness in connection to the Feb. 24 attack, cops said. 4
Donovan Simmon, 19, was charged with attempted rape, unlawful imprisonment, assault and lewdness in connection to the Feb. 24 attack, cops said. NYPD
When she opened them, she saw a man staring at her, she told the news station.

Then when she tried to get off at 169th Street, the creep blocked the doors while performing a lewd act, the station reported.

Explore More​

Thieves steal $30 million from vault in Easter heist, leave without a trace — cops have no idea how they did it

Viral video shows Queens man Carlos Mejia setting a trap for a porch pirate with decoy packages and catching a suspected thief (left) red-handed

Moment NYC man fed up with porch pirates lures thief with fake parcels to catch him in act

Watch woman go absolutely nuts as she’s dragged off Spirit Airlines flight in cartoonish meltdown

When he eventually got off, Jamileth did too – and waited on the train platform to be sure he had walked away, she said.

Donovan Simmon, 19, was charged with  attempted rape, unlawful imprisonment, assault and lewdness in connection to the Feb. 24 attack, cops said. 4
The brutal attck unfolded within a long passageway within the 169th Street station in Jamaica.
But when Jamileth headed up the stairs to the mezzanine level, the creep was waiting for her there, she told the network in Spanish.

He followed her down a long passageway until they reached an area of the station blocked from public view and then launched at her, Jamileth said.

He knocked her down, dragged her behind a wall, punched her in the face multiple times and tried to remove her clothes, the terrified victim told the station.

Jamileth, the victim of the 169th Street subway station attempted rape. 4
The victim, who identified herselff as Jamileth, struggled to fend off her attacker until a security guard intervened. WABC-TV
Jamileth struggled to fend off her attacker and screamed for help.

Despite the assailant’s attempts to muffle her cries, a security guard inside the station heard Jamileth and raced over.

The guard came to the rescue and scared the would-be rapist away.

Jamileth, the victim of the 169th Street subway station attempted rape. 4
The brutal attack left the victim battered and afraid. WABC-TV

“Now, I’m always looking behind me,” the 21-year-old victim named Jamileth said in the aftermath of the attack. “I can’t walk calmly. I always think that someone is following. I don’t know what to do. I feel terrible.”

Jamileth, who migrated to the US from Ecuador just three months ago, was treated at the hospital for her injuries and has since switched to working a day shift.

Simmon has previous arrests for robbery, public lewdness and fare evasion, cops said.

Back