NYC teen stabbed to death by neighbor over parking spot: police sources

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

NYC teen stabbed to death by neighbor over parking spot: police sources​

By
Social Links for Joe Marino and
Social Links for Steven Vago

Published April 19, 2024, 12:08 p.m. ET

A 19-year-old Bronx man was stabbed to death by his neighbor over a parking spot, police sources said.
Dominic Cruz Aguilera was inside his Morris Heights home when neighbor Vladimir Lopez German, 45, banged on his door, demanding the teen move his car shortly before 8:30 a.m. Thursday, according to cops and police sources.
photo of victim 3
Dominic Cruz Aguilera, 19, was fatally stabbed in the chest during an argument over a parking spot.
Sources said when Aguilera went outside to change spots near Inwood Avenue and Featherbed Lane, an argument erupted, ending with an enraged Lopez German allegedly plunging a knife into his neighbor’s chest.
The wounded teen stumbled to a nearby bodega, where he bled out, according to ABC 7.

Explore More​

Mom, four teen girls forced to leave their Airbnb after unsettling discovery: 'Trust your gut'

SI model, former NFL player husband fleeing California over homeless crisis, taxes: 'You've taken enough from us'

Insets of teams playing on soccer field; at right, Thomas Jefferson Park building

NYC high school soccer game canceled after group of about 30 migrants refuse to leave the field — even after cops showed up

“I kept yelling and I said, ‘He’s going to die, he’s going to die,'” bodega worker Wendy Reinoso told the station.
EMS rushed Aguilera to NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, but he could not be saved.
His grieving brother, who ran an auto body shop with him, remembered him as a “beautiful person.”
NYPD crime scene unit investigating 3
Dominic Cruz Aguilera, 19, was fatally stabbed by his neighbor after getting into an argument over a parking spot Fox 5 New York
NYPD crime scene unit investigating 3
Dominic Cruz Aguilera, 19, bled out in a nearby bodega. Fox 5 New York

What do you think? Post a comment.

“The best brother ever. I’m not saying that because he passed away. He always got my back,” he told ABC7.

Lopez German — who reportedly works as an Uber driver — was later caught and charged with murder, manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon.

It was his first arrest and he lived across the street from the victim, police said.

At his arraignment Friday afternoon, a Bronx judge held him in custody.

His next court date is scheduled for April 24.

Back