NYC subway menace with boxcutter attacks women before turning weapon on good Samaritan: sources

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

NYC subway menace with boxcutter attacks women before turning weapon on good Samaritan: sources​

By
Social Links for Joe Marino and
Social Links for Amanda Woods

Published April 1, 2024, 2:36 p.m. ET

An unhinged stranger menaced two women on a Manhattan subway train – then pulled a box cutter on a good Samaritan who stepped in, snarling “I cut you now,” sources said.
Diego Morales, 37 – who has 16 prior busts – boarded a downtown No. 1 train at the 137th Street-City College station around 2 p.m. Saturday and stormed up to two women who were already inside, pulling one of them by the hair, according to law enforcement sources.
That’s when a 50-year-old bystander stepped in and told Morales to stop, the sources said.
The older man went to sit down again – but it wasn’t long before Morales approached him, threatening, “Yo te corto ahora,” which means, “I cut you now” in Spanish, the sources said.

Diego Morales, 37, was nabbed over the weekend for allegedly using a box cutter to threaten a good Samaritan who tried to stop him from attacking a woman on an Upper Manhattan train – snarling, “I cut you now” in Spanish, cops and law enforcement sources said Monday.
“Yo te corto ahora,” Morales allegedly seethed at the victim in Spanish, which means, “I cut you now.”

The victim waited for Morales to turn his back as the train doors opened at the 103rd Street station – before shoving him out of the car and causing him to fall, hitting his face on the ground, cops and sources said.

The fast-acting Samaritan held the injured man down on the ground until police arrived, police said.

Morales was cuffed at the scene and charged with menacing and criminal possession of a weapon, cops said. He was also hospitalized for a cut on his face, the sources said.

Explore More​

People leaving Florida with suitcases, illustration of hurricane in background

Thousands of Florida pandemic transplants are fleeing in droves over relentless heat, damaging hurricanes

6 American, 2 Australian cruise ship passengers stranded on African island after cruise refused to let them board

'Libs of TikTok' founder slams Southwest for letting 'massive obese guy' take up half her seat

His previous arrests included raps for criminal possession of a weapon, menacing a police officer and criminal trespass, sources said.

In his last arrest, from July 7 on the Upper West Side, he is accused of swinging a box cutter in the direction of a victim he claimed was taking a photo of him, according to the sources.

Back in November 2022, Morales had been allegedly harassing people on the street before turning his attention to one man who told him to back off and get away from him, the sources said.

Back