NYC couple’s ‘great’ first date interrupted by carjacking as Romeo joins cops in high-speed chase for $150K BMW: ‘Found those motherf—kers’

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

NYC couple’s ‘great’ first date interrupted by carjacking as Romeo joins cops in high-speed chase for $150K BMW: ‘Found those motherf—kers’​

By
Social Links for Jack Morphet and
Social Links for Alex Oliveira

Published May 8, 2024, 7:41 p.m. ET

This wasn’t quite the action he was hoping for on a first date.
A Queens Romeo and his date wound up with guns in their faces during a violent carjacking — before he joined cops in a wild chase of his $150,000 BMW, “Grand Theft Auto” style.
“It felt like I was in GTA man,” 23-year-old Joseph Sadykov told The Post. “I was literally NYPD for one night. I was searching and hunting and we found those motherf–kers, man.”
Joseph Sadykov's BMW M5 Competition, which cost him $150,000, was left sideways on the Maj. Deegan Expressway 4
Joseph Sadykov’s BMW M5 Competition, which cost him $150,000, was left sideways on the Maj. Deegan Expressway Obtained by the NY Post
Sadykov and a lady friend had just wrapped up a “great date” at a “hot spot” Midtown restaurant Tuesday when he said they decided to take “a little nap” in the back of his BMW to sleep off some drinks before heading home but a trio of thieves interrupted the sleepy couple at around 3 a.m.

“I was doing the right thing, but it backfired on me because I didn’t lock the doors.” Sadykov said. “I woke up to being dragged out of the car by my sweater. Imagine you wake up to being dragged out of your car by your sweater.”

Explore More​

Madison Bergmann, teacher busted for ‘making out’ with 11-year-old, allegedly moved his desk so she could rub his legs during class

Teacher, 24, busted for ‘making out’ with 11-year-old, allegedly moved his desk so she could rub his legs during class

Houston attorney shot and killed by McDonald's customer outraged over order

RFK Jr. said doctors found a dead worm in his head after it ate part of his brain

The goons stuck a pistol in his face demanding he fork over the thousands of dollars in jewelry he’d put on for the big night out, he said.
“I was on my knees when I got pistol-whipped in the head, in the back of the head twice and top of the head once,” he said. “I’m a big boy but yeah, I got some bumps on my head.”
Meanwhile, his date split fleeing to a nearby bakery to call her dad for rescue, breaking a few nails in the scuffle as Sadykov tried to fend for himself.
He complied and handed over the bling a necklace worth $8,000 and a bracelet worth $7,000 writing off the loss in his head as chump change, he said.
Police at the scene where Joseph Sadykov's stolen BMW was recovered in the Bronx, taken at night from the front of the car 4
A look inside the squad car after the high-speed chase.
“I did that today and barely broke a sweat,” said Sadykov, a cash advance and term loans broker but the thieves upped the ante when they climbed into his mega-expensive M5 Competition he claims is worth nearly $150,000.
“I thought they were going to drive off in the piece of s–t car they came in and that’s it, my night is good, but that’s not how it worked out,” he said. “Then one guy jumped in my car. At that point I was like ‘OK, now this is for real.’
“That got me pissed. I charged at him and started punching the f–k out of him, I was trying to destroy him and get him out,” Sadykov said. “He kept saying ‘I’ll shoot man, I’ll shoot you, I’ll shoot you’. I didn’t really give a f–k at that point, I just said ‘Go ahead then, go ahead.’
“At that point it was one versus one, not one versus three, and he knew I was overpowering him, so what did he do? He called his boy who was in the hooptie car for backup. His boy came out of that car, the one they arrived in, and they overpower me.”
Two of the officers who helped Sadykov chase down his car. He was left with a new appreciation for the NYPD 4
Two of the officers who helped Sadykov chase down his car. He was left with a new appreciation for the NYPD. obtained by NY Post
“In order to avoid me chasing them, what do they do? They take my car,” Sadykov said, explaining his attackers were all wearing ski masks and speaking to each other in Spanish.
But the pricey ride was equipped with a GPS tracking device linked straight to an app on his phone that the thieves failed to swipe.
“I told a police officer right away, I said ‘These guys who stole my car are heading to the Bronx, let’s go.’ I was in the back of the cop car. The cop jumped on to the highway straight away, chasing them like his car had been stolen.”
The chase led them to the Major Deegan Expressway and soon allegedly involved a massive police response, he said. When the crook in the BMW saw he was corned, he tried to make a U-turn into traffic but stopped and bailed out of the car instead, according to Sadykov.

“He bounced,” Sadykov said. “When I saw him start running, guess what I did? Me and the cops all started running after him.

“But man, when your freedom’s on the line, you become like Super Saiyan fast,” said Sadykov, referring to a Dragon Ball Z character. “He became like Usain Bolt and he bolted. He bolted. I was going fast bro, I’m a fast runner too, so for him to beat me? I was like ‘Holy s–t.’

“The guy went over like an eight-foot fence, at the end of the highway, crazy s–t. He goes over the fence and the cop was like ‘Man, I have like 40 pounds of equipment on, I can’t get over that fence.’ I’m like ‘Man, why do they even hire fat cops?'” :giggle:

Sei Less, the hot spot Asian fusion restaurant in midtown where Sadykov took his date on Tuesday night 4
Sei Less, the “hot spot” Asian fusion restaurant in Midtown where Sadykov took his date on Tuesday night Robert Miller
Despite the criminal getting away and Sadykov now believing the NYPD should put a 200-pound weight limit on officers to keep up with fast-running perps he said he was left with a new appreciation for New York’s Finest.

“I figured these guys were schmucks, but the two cops I was with the whole time, those two officers really, really took it upon themselves to make sure we got that s–t done,” he said, having only bad words for “dumbasses” who robbed him.

“New York is a s–thole, man. It’s a s–thole. Filled with scum of the earth wannabes who want to take shortcuts and feed off other people who work hard,” he said, estimating the crooks will probably walk away with only a couple thousand dollars each after they divvy up their loot.

“They had to commit a robbery, assault somebody, do a GTA, run on the highway, and do some crazy s–t to get away from a roadblock with eight police cars and two helicopters. You gotta be a dumbass to do all that and walk away with three or four grand.

“New York’s getting worse because people are getting hungry, so they’re trying to cut more corners.”

As for Sadykov, he’s confident he’ll be getting a second date, maybe as early as Thursday.

“The girl’s a trooper,” he said. “She’s banged up, but I sent her some money to get her nails fixed.”

Suspects in dramatic carjacking of NYC man on first date seen in new photos​

By
Social Links for Alex Oliveira

Published May 9, 2024, 6:52 p.m. ET

Cops released photos Thursday of two suspects wanted in the dramatic gunpoint carjacking of a Queens loan broker who was on a first date when the perps swiped his $150,000 sports car in Midtown, Manhattan.
They were part of a crew of six suspects who accosted Joseph Sadykov, 23, around 3 a.m. Tuesday as he and his date “took a little nap” in the backseat of his BMW M5 Competition to sleep off a few drinks from their night out.
The suspects rolled up in their own cars — a black BMW, a black Mercedes, and a silver sedan, according to police — and yanked Sadykov from his car while brandishing a firearm.

Two of the suspects in the Tuesday morning carjacking
Two of the suspects in the Tuesday morning carjacking. DCPI
“I was on my knees when I got pistol-whipped in the head, in the back of the head twice and top of the head once,” he told The Post in an interview Wednesday.

“I don’t know if I have a concussion but there wasn’t much blood.”

The suspects robbed Sadykov of about $15,000 in jewelry he was wearing for the night out.

Then, one hopped into the M5 he said was worth about $150,000 and took off. The other suspects fled in their cars.

Explore More​

Horrifying video shows masked fiend choke woman with belt on NYC street, drag body between cars to rape her

Trump attorney Todd Blanche has asked again for a mistrial, claiming that Stormy Daniels’ testimony veered into gratuitous detail about her alleged sex romp with the ex-president.

Trump rips ruling to deny mistrial a 'disgrace,' claims he is 'being held in this court with a corrupt judge'

'Princeton Princess' whines that she's 'starving,' blames university after choosing to go on anti-Israel hunger strike

Sadykov hopped into the back of an NYPD patrol car and tracked his BMW to the Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx using a GPS tracking device linked to an app on his phone.

After reaching a roadblock, the suspect bailed out of the car and fled on foot. Sadykov and cops were unable to catch him as he leaped over a fence.

Both suspects pictured by the NYPD were described as males with light complexions and medium builds.

Sadykov rode along with NYPD officers as they chased down the suspect who drove off in his car towards the Bronx
Sadykov rode along with NYPD officers as they chased down the suspect who drove off in his car towards the Bronx. Obtained by the NY Post
The other four were wearing black hooded jackets and facemasks during the robbery.

Sadykov said he heard them speaking to each other in Spanish throughout the encounter.

Back