NY Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, 56, refuses to address romance with lobbyist, 32: ‘My life will never be in conflict’

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

NY Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, 56, refuses to address romance with lobbyist, 32: ‘My life will never be in conflict’​

By
Social Links for Vaughn Golden

Published March 18, 2024

Updated March 18, 2024, 7:46 p.m. ET

State Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie has reportedly been canoodling with a lovely lobbyist, and it’s all the talk in Albany — but he is refusing to comment on her and scoffs at the notion of a conflict of interest.
The powerful, 56-year-old Dem has been in a romantic relationship with 32-year-old Rebecca Lamorte, a lobbyist and communications coordinator for the union Greater New York Laborers-Employers Cooperation & Education Trust, or LECET, since at least November, according to the outlet NY Focus.
Heastie got feisty with reporters when asked about the couple Monday morning, bristling at the suggestion that he should discuss any details.
Rebecca Lamorte 3
Rebecca Lamorte, the 32-year-old new flame of 56-year-old state Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, has been advocating as a disability-rights activist since she was injured during a subway assault in 2013. Facebook/Rebecca Lamorte
Carl Heastie 3
Heastie is refusing to address his relationship with Lamorte, a registered state lobbyist. Robert Miller

“I am never, again let me make that clear, addressing my personal life,” Heastie said, ripping into reporters while standing behind a dais after a state budget proceeding.

Back