Nunchuck-wielding maniac attacks podcaster, is promptly cut loose by NYC judge who also freed alleged subway assailant

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Nunchuck-wielding maniac attacks podcaster, is promptly cut loose by NYC judge who also freed alleged subway assailant​

By
Social Links for Joe Marino ,
Social Links for Amanda Woods and
Social Links for Steven Vago

Published April 11, 2024, 2:32 p.m. ET

A nunchuck-wielding nutjob with a lengthy rap sheet attacked a podcaster in Midtown — but was promptly cut loose with no bail by a Manhattan judge, The Post has learned.

Bryant Kenyatta, 50, apparently left podcaster Stevie Lew with a fractured arm in the unprovoked attack at Seventh Avenue and 35th Street around noon March 12 — after following Lew and screaming, “F–k you! I’m going to f–k you up,” the victim said on a podcast.

But Kenyatta — who has 12 prior arrests — was put back on the streets Tuesday on supervised release by Judge Marva Brown, the same judge who made headlines two months ago for setting another alleged violent attacker free.

Stevie Lew was attacked by a man with nunchuck's in Manhattan. 6
Stevie Lew was attacked by a man with nunchucks in Manhattan on March 12, 2024. X / @StevieLewIsBack
Lew's injury from the attack. 6
Lew’s injury from the attack. X / @StevieLewIsBack

Brown previously freed Amira Hunter, who was accused of bashing a subway cellist in the head with a metal bottle.

Explore More​

Dad of Florida cruise passenger, 20, who jumped off cruise ship after argument believes his son is still alive: report

Ex-football star and actor OJ Simpson — whose murder trial captivated the nation in the 90s — dead at 76 after cancer battle

Khloe Kardashian's social media comments flooded with 'condolences' after OJ Simpson death

Hunter was rearrested days later.

Kenyatta attacked after allegedly following Lew and threatening him, the victim said on an “MLC Podcast” episode.

“So I was like, ‘OK, buddy, why don’t you get the f–k out of here,'” said Lew, 41.

Instead, Kenyatta whipped out a pair of nunchucks and swung for his face.

“He was swinging for my head and I raised my arm to block it,” Lew, of New Rochelle, told the podcast.

Bryant Kenyatta 6
Bryant Kenyatta has twelve prior arrests. Obtained by NY Post
The suspect Bryant Kenyatta was released by Judge Marva Brown. 6
The suspect Bryant Kenyatta was released by Judge Marva Brown (above). Michael Nagle
He said police responded quickly and gave chase but Kenyatta got away.

The NYPD zeroed in on him Monday and charged him with felony assault and criminal possession of a weapon, police sources told The Post.

At his Manhattan Criminal Court arraignment, prosecutors requested Brown set cash bail at $100,000, but the judge struck it down, instead freeing Kenyatta — who has a previous conviction for assault as a hate crime.

Kenyatta had 12 prior arrests before the nunchuck attack.

Back