Never the dink: Rand Paul, US Senator fm Ky., says he's "never nikki," Haley, born in '72 when parents immigrated in '69--is she even a citizen?

Nikki Haley brushes off Rand Paul's 'Never Nikki' campaign push: 'Doesn't faze me'​

11 HRS AGO
2 MINUTE READ

Link: http://www.scoopyweb.com/2024/01/nikki-haley-brushes-off-rand-pauls.html/

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul launched NeverNikki.net on Friday​

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley isn't fazed by Sen. Rand Paul's "Never Nikki" pledge and says she was never looking to have the Kentucky Republican in her corner as the campaign trail to crucial states like Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina heats up.
"I don't think any informed or knowledgeable Libertarian or conservative should support Nikki Haley," he said, citing her "attitude" toward U.S. interventions overseas and her alleged "involvement" with the military industrial complex, among others.
Haley, responding to Paul's jabs on Saturday, told Fox News' Brian Kilmeade she isn't taking the criticism personally, saying her opponents can continue to "play games" as they choose.
NIKKI HALEY GETS MORE FAVORABLE COVERAGE THAN OTHER GOP CANDIDATES FROM ABC, NBC, CBS: STUDY
Haley speaking

Republican presidential candidate former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley speaks to guests during a campaign stop at Wildwood Smokehouse on July 29, 2023 in Iowa City, Iowa. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
"At the end of the day, we're going to keep talking to people about how we're going to get inflation down, how we're going to get our kids reading again, how we're going to secure the border once and for all, how we're going to bring law and order back to our country, and how we're going to have an America that is strong," she said.
"Rand Paul would be fine if we just sat in our bubble in the United States," she continued.
"We have to prevent war and prevent terrorist attacks and prevent those that want to hurt us. He doesn't want to do that. We disagree on that. That's his opinion. I have mine, but I really never was asking for Rand Paul's support, so I'm very okay with that."
RAND PAUL DECLARES HE IS ‘NEVER NIKKI,' WEIGHS IN ON 2024 PRESIDENTIAL RACE
Rand Paul senator

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said he has not made a first choice for the GOP primary race, but declared he is ‘Never Nikki.’ (Greg Nash-Pool/Getty Images)
Paul, meanwhile, said he likes aspects of all other GOP candidates - and even agrees with some of what Independent candidate RFK Jr. brings to the table - but has yet to declare his first choice.
"But I do know one thing: count me in as Never Nikki," he said.

JUDGE JUDY ENDORSES NIKKI HALEY FOR PRESIDENT: ‘SHE IS WHIP SMART… SHE IS THE FUTURE’
Haley is also taking jabs from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who continues to duke it out with her in the fight for second place behind former President Donald Trump. Ahead of key primary races slated to shape the GOP race, DeSantis alleged Haley is "out of step" with her home state of South Carolina.
Nikki Haley makes final appeal to Iowa voters
Video
"I've got like five times more endorsements from state legislators, current and former, than she does. That would be unthinkable for the opposite to happen in a place like Florida," he said Friday on "The Ingraham Angle."
Haley, firing back, said state officials aren't fans of hers because she fought for the taxpayers instead.
"That's because I pushed the legislature, instead of voice votes, that they had to start showing their votes on the record, so taxpayers could see it. I made them show their votes on every section of the budget. I made them pass ethics reform. I created transparency, so, no, elected officials in the state House did not like me because I fought for the taxpayers. I didn't fight for them, so he can have all those endorsements if he wants. That's fine.
"I welcome him to South Carolina. South Carolina is a great state. I'm very proud of South Carolina, and if that's where he chooses to go, he is more than welcome."

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu dismisses Rand Paul's website blasting Nikki Haley: 'I'm sorry, but nobody cares what Rand Paul thinks'​

John L. Dorman
Sat, January 13, 2024 at 11:02 AM CST·3 min read

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/hampshire-gov-chris-sununu-dismisses-170215525.html/

Top takeaways from the first Republican presidential debate of the 2024 primary

Scroll back up to restore default view.
  • Chris Sununu, backing Nikki Haley's White House bid, dismissed Rand Paul's criticism of her.
  • "I'm sorry, but nobody cares what Rand Paul thinks in this race," Sununu said in a Newsmax interview.
  • Paul took to X to detail his beef with Haley's foreign policy stances.
New Hampshire GOP Gov. Chris Sununu on Friday blasted Rand Paul for launching a "Never Nikki" website to oppose former UN ambassador Nikki Haley's White House bid, arguing that "nobody cares" about the Kentucky senator's thoughts on the race.
During a Newsmax interview, Sununu, one of the most prominent backers of Haley's presidential candidacy, praised Haley as the "only candidate that's surging in the race" and said that the libertarian-leaning Paul should be more focused on his work in the US Senate.
When the interviewer asked Sununu what Paul's opposition would mean for Haley's campaign, the governor said there wouldn't be any impact.
"What does Rand Paul mean? Nothing," Sununu said. "I'm sorry, but nobody cares what Rand Paul thinks in this race. This race is in Iowa and New Hampshire; it's in South Carolina."
"Maybe when the US Senate actually starts doing something and actually starts delivering some results, they can stand on a soapbox and think that their words matter," the governor continued later in the interview. "But until then, sorry, Rand Paul. Nobody cares."
Sununu's response came after Paul attacked Haley for her foreign policy positions. The Kentuckian said the former ambassador is from the "Dick Cheney, John McCain wing of the party."
In a series of posts on X, Paul said that Haley "supports Biden and McConnell and the forever-war crowd on funding for the war in Ukraine" and argued that she "routinely praised the mission of the United Nations, the results they achieved, and the people who ran it."
Former President Donald Trump's "America First" philosophy has shunned interventionism in international conflicts and embraced economic protectionism, and some Republicans — including presidential rival and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — have sought to attack Haley as a globalist over her support of increased aid for Ukraine.
In assessing the 2024 presidential contenders, Paul on X said that he liked various positions taken by Trump, DeSantis, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, and independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., but drew a red line at Haley's candidacy.
"As I look over the field, I don't think I yet have a first choice, but I do know one thing: count me in as #NeverNikki!" he wrote.
Paul, who was first elected to the Senate in 2010 and ran unsuccessfully for the presidency in 2016, is going after Haley's candidacy during one of the most critical stretches of the 2024 Republican primaries.
Trump remains the favorite in the GOP contest, but Haley's support has steadily grown in New Hampshire. An outright win by Haley in the state could disrupt Trump's march to the nomination and possibly set up the remaining primary contests as a two-person race between the ex-ambassador and the ex-president.

Read the original article on Business Insider [see https://www.businessinsider.com/sun...al-race-opposition-gop-foreign-policy-2024-1/]

Nikki Haley fires back at 'lying' Trump ahead of NH primary: 'American people deserve the truth​

7 HRS AGO 2 MINUTEREAD

Link: http://www.scoopyweb.com/2024/01/nikki-haley-fires-back-at-lying-trump.html/

Haley defended her record as a conservative Friday on 'Fox & Friends'​

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley joined "Fox & Friends" Friday to respond to former President Trump's attacks on her agenda and criticism she is "too moderate." Trump has repeatedly attacked Haley's positions on Social Security and Medicare leading up to Tuesday's New Hampshire primary.
HALEY TURNS UP THE HEAT ON TRUMP AS SHE TRIES TO CLOSE THE GAP IN THE NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY
NIKKI HALEY: [Trump's] going out and saying I want to cut Social Security. I've never once said I want to cut Social Security. And everybody's talking about the fact. ‘Is she a conservative?’ I want you – Ainsley, you've known me a long time. How am I not conservative? I was a Tea Party governor. I passed voter ID, I passed the toughest illegal immigration law in the country, I cut taxes, I passed tort reform. We paid down our debt. I went to the U.N., we cut $1 billion. Just because the media says it, because Donald Trump says it, it's wrong. We've got to start telling the truth. And the problem with Donald Trump and Joe Biden is they think if they tell Americans something, that it's the truth. But the problem is both of these guys are lying to the American people, and the American people deserve the truth.
Trump rips New Hampshire for allowing independents to vote in GOP primary
Video
I am not going to do anything that's not going to be tough on the border, because I passed the toughest illegal immigration law in the country. I'm going to be hard on China. And he wasn't hard on China. He praised President Xi a dozen times after China gave us COVID. There are multiple instances that we need to start asking Donald Trump the questions and stop taking what he's saying to be golden, because I've never once said I was going to cut Social Security. But he said he was going to raise the retirement age of Social Security to 70. He proposed a 25 cent gas tax increase on all Americans. He put us $8 trillion in debt in over four years, and our kids will never forgive us for that.
What I'm telling you is it's not personal with me and Donald Trump. This is about how do we save our country. I don't want my kids to live like this. We don't need to continue to live like this. And what does it say when we've got the media deciding who's a moderate and who's a conservative? Because I'll turn the question back. What have I not done that wasn't conservative? I've been a conservative all my life. Find one thing, no one can mention one thing that says I'm not a conservative. And so, look, I'll tell you that I think it's important that the media be responsible with what we have, but we're going to keep telling the truth. But the fact that Donald Trump's lying, it's another reason why he won't debate me, because he knows I'll call him out on it.

Nikki Haley turns up the heat on Donald Trump as she aims to close the gap with the former president in Tuesday's New Hampshire GOP presidential primary
Video
Haley, down by double digits to former President Trump in the latest surveys four days ahead of the New Hampshire GOP primary, has been taking every chance she has to blast the GOP frontrunner.
"You look at Iowa. I mean, President Trump won a state of three million people with 56,000 votes. We had a very low turnout in Iowa. We’re going to have a really good turnout in New Hampshire," Haley told reporters at her first retail stop Friday morning as she pilloried Trump's landslide victory in Monday's Iowa caucuses.
A day earlier at a stop in Hollis, New Hampshire, the former South Carolina governor, who served as U.N. ambassador in the Trump administration, also blasted the former president for GOP losses at the ballot box in recent election cycles.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE​

Only dictators ban the free press - yet Nikki Haley gags DailyMail.com simply for reporting a story she doesn't like. So DAVID MARCUS demands: Is she running to be president of America... or a tinpot communist state?​

By DAVID MARCUS FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 18:42 EST, 19 January 2024 | UPDATED: 20:39 EST, 19 January 2024

Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aley-affair-bans-reporters-david-marcus.html/

Nikki Haley holds herself up as the adult in the room – but from this journalist's perspective, she appears to be nothing more than a petty, thin-skinned, petulant child.
Perhaps, worse.

On Friday, Haley's campaign booted out DailyMail.com journalists from her New Hampshire rally – and then informed the website, one of the largest English-language online news outlets in the world - that they'll be banned from any and all future events.
It's enough to make one wonder: Did something rub off on the former U.N. Ambassador as she sat next to Russia, China and Iran?
This is not how it works in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
So, what happened that was so ghastly, so horrid, so out-of-bounds that it merited a campaign trail death sentence?
Nothing more than journalists doing their jobs.
Earlier Friday, DailyMail.com reported on exclusive new sources alleging that Haley was lying in 2010 when she denied having two alleged extramarital affairs.
The initial claims were based on the sworn affidavits of Will Folks, 49, and Larry Marchant, 61.
On Friday, Haley's campaign booted out DailyMail.com journalists from her New Hampshire rally – and then informed the website, one of the largest English-language online news outlets in the world - that they'll be banned from any and all future events.

Experts predict how a future Russian attack on NATO will unfold

DeSantis' South Carolina gamble ends with him dressing down teacher

Ex-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo teases a Donald Trump endorsement

The two South Carolina men alleged to have had separate sexual relationships with Haley while she was a South Carolina state lawmaker and before she became governor of the Palmetto State in 2011.
The new reporting – based on the claims of multiple Republican Party sources 'intimately aware' of the allegations – is that Haley's alleged infidelities were widely known inside South Carolina political circles.
So, this week, per good journalist practice, DailyMail.com contacted the Haley campaign and offered them an opportunity to comment.
But instead of issuing a furious denial, or, in fact, any comment at all, Haley responded with an illiberal, un-American tantrum.
The question is – why not respond to DailyMail.com and refute the new claims?
I can't answer that question.
Moreover, DailyMail.com is hardly hostile to Haley's campaign.
On Wednesday, the site published an opinion piece by the beloved TV courtroom judge – Judge Judy.
'It takes a lot for me to support any one candidate so strongly,' wrote Judge Sheindlin. 'But Nikki Haley's integrity, intelligence, energy, and experience speak for themselves.'
Larry Marchant Jr., 61, a Columbia, SC lobbyist, claimed he had sex with Haley in her hotel room at a Salt Lake City conference in June 2008

Will Folks, 49 – Haley's communications consultant – alleged he had a sexual relationship with the then-South Carolina lawmaker

Two South Carolina men alleged to have had separate sexual relationships with Haley while she was a South Carolina state lawmaker and before she became governor of the Palmetto State in 2011. (Left) Larry Marchant Jr., 61, a Columbia lobbyist (Right) Will Folks, 49 – Haley's former communications consultant
Of course, one can see why the Governor would be personally discomfited by this reporting, but this unquestionably legitimate report cuts straight to the heart of Haley's raison d'etre.
If proven true, the allegations undermine one of her key talking points – that her husband's service in the South Carolina Army National Guard is a driving force behind her run.
'I'm doing this for my husband and his military brothers and sisters. They need to know their sacrifice matters,' Haley often says.
And that's not all.
When asked at a debate if Donald Trump had the 'character' to be elected president again, Haley said that 'moral clarity' is a prerequisite for the position.
You see, Missus Haley - this is a job interview. Not a coronation or a launching pad for your ambitions.
If you'd like hold the same office as George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan, you'll have to face a few tough, perhaps, uncomfortable questions.
It is not the role of journalists to lick the boots of politicians.
It's our duty to hold your feet to the fire.
Haley has exhibited an authoritarian street. And this isn't the first time she has veered in the direction of despotic attacks.
Recall how Haley has called for social media companies to ban anonymous users from posting on their platforms. In the age of the digital town square – that's a chilling prospect.
It is now fair to ask: what type of administration would Nikki Haley run if she so recklessly tramples on a free press?
Donald Trump has called the media, 'the enemy of the people.' Doddering Joe Biden dodges journalists' questions at nearly every opportunity.
If proven true, the allegations undermine one of her key talking points – that her husband's (Above behind Haley) service in the South Carolina Army National Guard is a driving force behind her run.

If proven true, the allegations undermine one of her key talking points – that her husband's (Above behind Haley) service in the South Carolina Army National Guard is a driving force behind her run.
The Obama Administration shamelessly branded the Fox News Channel an illegitimate news organization, targeted its journalists with wiretaps and President Obama refused to appear on their shows.
Should we expect more of the same from President Haley?
No, journalists in America shouldn't take Friday's events lightly – and in the past, they haven't.
'Donald Trump just barred Washington Post reporters from campaign events. That should bother you,' wrote the Washington Post in 2016.
What say you now, WaPo?
This is a very dangerous game that Nikki Haley is playing.
If this is pettiness, it belies a childishness that ought not be in the Oval Office.
If it is strategy – it is idiotic. It won't have the slightest impact on the way honest journalists cover her.
If this is vicious retaliation – well, that is alarming.
The knock on Nikki is that she is a globalist puppet. If this doesn't signal tone-deaf elitism, I don't know what does.
You can ban journalists from your events, Madame Ambassador. But you can never stop the American media from seeking the truth.
It is disgraceful that you would even try.

CNN Exit Poll: 70% of Nikki Haley Voters Not Registered Republicans​

Link: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ot-registered-republicans-cnn-exit-poll-says/

Republican presidential hopeful and former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley speaks after results came in for the New Hampshire primaries during a watch party in Concord, New Hampshire, on January 23, 2024. Nikki Haley sought to warn Republican voters away from rival Donald Trump after he defeated her in Tuesday's New …
JOSEPH PREZIOSO/AFP via Getty Images
BRADLEY JAYE23 Jan 20242,396
1:20
Nikki Haley relied heavily on the support of Independents and Democrats in the New Hampshire primary yet still lost by wide margins.
Of Haley voters in the Granite State, CNN said, “about 7 in 10 said they were registered as undeclared prior to Tuesday.”
CNN relied on an exit poll to make its shocking statement. New Hampshire’s loose requirements allow for voters to cross over, while future Republican caucuses and primaries will consist overwhelmingly of registered Republicans.
Trump crushed Haley in the New Hampshire primary by double digits with results still outstanding. The Associated Press called the New Hampshire results within three minutes.
In Iowa, where Trump won by a historic thirty percent, it took the Associated Press 31 minutes to call the race.
Trump’s path to the nomination seems all but inevitable after his crushing victory. Sens. John Cornyn (R-TX) and Debbie Fischer (R-NE) endorsed Trump within minutes of his victory.

What Is Nikki Haley Doing?​

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, FEB 01, 2024 - 08:00 PM
Authored by Sean Trende via RealClear Wire,

Link: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/what-nikki-haley-doing

Before we start evaluating what Nikki Haley’s plans are for the Republican primaries, let’s get one thing out of the way: Barring catastrophe, Donald Trump is going to be the Republican presidential nominee. We will go into the reasons why below, but it is an important enough fact that we should lay it out up front.

So given this, why is Nikki Haley continuing her bid? I see five possibilities:
She thinks she might pull ahead in the delegate count. Pure intentions are always a good place to start, so we should mention (and eliminate) this possibility upfront. Haley finished third in Iowa, while Donald Trump received a majority of the vote. She placed second in New Hampshire (and almost certainly still would have, even if Ron DeSantis had not dropped out), while Trump received a majority of the vote.
So in a state dominated by evangelicals, and in a state where white evangelicals were just 19% of the electorate, Trump won handily. Almost every state to follow will fall somewhere between these two. Next up is South Carolina which looks like a catastrophe for Haley (although it hasn’t been polled in a while). The remaining states look more like South Carolina than they do New Hampshire.
In short, former Gov. Haley likely just had one of her best shots at Trump. She missed. It’s not clear where she connects. Surely she knows this. Surely her team knows this. It would be malpractice if they didn’t.
She wants to give establishment Republicans a chance to be heard. Maybe she is staying in so that anti-Trump voters can vent their frustration with the quasi-incumbent president. That would be an unusually benevolent move on the part of a politician (see also 4 and 5 below). Yet, if you’re insisting upon a charitable explanation, this is probably where you end up.
She thinks she might win at the convention and/or a catastrophe might befall Trump. The former president is 77 years old. He turns 78 in June. He is infamous for enjoying fast food and eschewing exercise. Health concerns aside, there are the criminal indictments that are following him around (although it seems increasingly unlikely that any trials will occur prior to the Republican National Convention).
I wouldn’t put the odds of any of these occurring and mattering at higher than 10%. But on the off chance that something does happen between now and July, it wouldn’t hurt Haley to have some actual delegates in her pocket at the convention.
She wants to be vice president. This is the conventional explanation for why candidates stay in. Maybe Haley wants to prove her toughness to Trump, and that she could take on the traditional “attack dog” role that veeps are often slotted to fill.
But there are ways to do this and then there are ways not to do this. Questioning the likely presidential contender’s mental fitness, for example, falls squarely within the “ways not to do this” basket. This is especially true with Trump, who is hardly known for having thick skin. Moreover, Trump has said that Haley – and her donors – are permanently “barred from MAGA.” It’s far more likely that this campaign ends Haley’s career in Republican politics than it is that it catapults her into the presidency.
That leaves us with:
She wants to hurt Donald Trump. Imagine that you previously served in President Trump’s cabinet and were so horrified by what you saw that you concluded he should never sit in the Oval Office again. Or, imagine that you simply despise the guy and think he’s categorically unfit to be president. What would you do?
YMMV (your mileage may vary, for readers below a certain age), but you could certainly do a whole lot worse than what Haley is doing. By staying in and needling the former president, she delays him from claiming the mantle of GOP nominee and from transitioning to the general election. She knocks him off message, as he feels compelled to punch down, hard (as opposed to giving, say, his gracious Iowa speech). Her criticisms echo those coming from President Biden’s camp, so they probably soften Biden up some for the general election.
What’s in it for her? If she fits the bill of someone in the first paragraph, it speaks for itself. If not? A job from wealthy donors? A network television show? The speaking circuit? Plenty of opportunities are available for failed presidential candidates, especially those who attack a candidate the establishment genuinely despises.
Sean Trende is senior elections analyst for RealClearPolitics. He is a co-author of the 2014 Almanac of American Politics and author of The Lost Majority. He can be reached at strende@realclearpolitics.com. Follow him on Twitter @SeanTrende.

MORE POLITICAL STORIES ON ZEROHEDGE​

Nikki No! Haley Busted Trying To Pass Off Unsent Email As 'Kind Words'​

Democrat Governor Sounds Like Republicans: Close The Southern Border Mr. President​

Jan. 6 Defendant Sentenced To 24 Months' Probation With 30 Days Home Detention​

For Haley, it's just matter of the price-is-right, that's all. We got the globalist-satanists w. the central-bank, US Federal Reserve counterfeiting scam, which just prints, counterfeits, and digitalizes however much currency (not real money, suckers) to buy anyone and anything--again, just ck Mises.org for expo; use their site search-engine for whatever term u want to know about, like "fiat-currency," or "central-banking," etc.

Back