Madman randomly whacks 26-year-old woman with a hockey stick on NYC street: police

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Madman randomly whacks 26-year-old woman with a hockey stick on NYC street: police​

By
Social Links for Allie Griffin

Published April 18, 2024, 4:22 a.m. ET

A madman randomly whacked a woman with a hockey stick on a Manhattan street last Tuesday in the latest unprovoked attack targeting New York City women.

The 26-year-old victim was walking along East 6th Street between First Avenue and Avenue A in the East Village at around 10:30 p.m. when the man ran up and hit her in the leg with the hockey stick without any warning, police said.

The woman was treated by paramedics at the scene, cops said.

The New York City Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying the suspect who whacked a woman with a hockey stick in East Village.
The New York City Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect who whacked a woman with a hockey stick in East Village. DCPI
Her attacker ran off and remains at large.

He was last seen wearing a black jacket, a light-colored hoodie, light-colored pants and multi-color sneakers, according to a description provided by the NYPD.

Explore More​

harvard

Another NYC woman claims she was punched by stranger after similar assaults continue to balloon

Screenshots of some of the TikTok reports.

Multiple TikTokkers claim they were randomly punched in the face by strangers while walking in NYC

Sarah Feinberg

Ex-NYC Transit boss Sarah Feinberg assaulted in unprovoked attack near subway stop

The assault comes after several women reported being randomly punched in the face by male strangers while walking in the Big Apple last month.

Most of the unprovoked, single-punch assaults occurred in Manhattan and targeted women in their 20s.

Several women recounted the traumatic attacks and showed the bruises or bumps on their faces in videos posted to TikTok and Instagram — which led even more victims to come forward and share similar experiences in NYC.

The suspect hit the 26-year-old victim while they were walking along East 6th Street between First Avenue and Avenue A at around 10:30 p.m.
The suspect hit the 26-year-old victim while they were walking along East 6th Street between First Avenue and Avenue A at around 10:30 p.m. DCPI
At least two men have been arrested for two separate attacks and police believe that there are different suspects responsible for each assault despite the similarities between them all.

One of the victims, a 33-year-old marketing professional from FiDi, told The Post that she feels “unsafe” knowing her attacker is still out there in an interview earlier this month.

“I think he was really kind of intentional with his actions,” Stephanie Weng, 33, said of the man who socked her in the face near Union Square on March 20. “And it just was just like, super traumatizing and like very, very scary when it did happen. It’s really kind of hard for me to talk about.”

The NYPD is asking anyone who recognizes the man in the hockey stick assault to call its Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).

Hockey stick-wielding maniac hits, threatens NY woman in latest random attack: ‘I’m going to f–k you up!’​

By
Social Links for Steven Vago and
Social Links for Joe Marino

Published April 18, 2024, 6:11 p.m. ET

A hockey stick-wielding madman whacked a woman in the East Village then seethed “I’m going to f–k you up!” the shaken victim said Thursday — vowing she’ll now carry Mace to ward off future creeps.
Finance worker Amber Nguyen was heading to her home in the area with pals on April 9 when a brute whacked her on East 6th Street between First Avenue and Avenue A around 10:30 p.m. — the latest random attack targeting women in the Big Apple.
“He whipped me with a hockey stick on the back of my thigh,” Nguyen told The Post Thursday.
Man at 433 East 6 street 4
A hockey stick-wielding madman whacked a woman in the East Village then seethed “I’m going to f–k you up!” the shaken victim said Thursday. DCPI
“We just heard this loud whipping noise and he was just walking away with a hockey stick.”

The attacker — who police released surveillance footage of Wednesday — said nothing before preying upon her and then setting his sights on another unsuspecting woman nearby, according to Nguyen.

Explore More​

Ilhan Omar's daughter suspended from Barnard College for her involvement in anti-Israel protests

At least 100 protesters were cuffed and hauled away from Columbia University when NYPD cops in riot gear swarmed the campus Thursday after the president made the bombshell decision to clear a large anti-Israel protest encampment.

Cops storm Columbia, bust 108 anti-Israel protesters after university prez finally tells NYPD to clear campus

Maxine Waters, Rashida Tlaib

Rep. Maxine Waters downplays 'fake' Iran attack on Israel as Rashida Tlaib storms out of House Dem meeting

“He tried to hit the girl but her boyfriend was like, ‘what are you doing,’ ” Nguyen recalled.
The other woman’s boyfriend spooked him off, while Nguyen and her friends trailed the hockey stick-holding madman for blocks.
But “he turned around and charged at us again,” she said.
Amber Nguyen in her home 4
Amber Nguyen was heading to her home in the area with pals on April 9 when a brute whacked her on East 6th Street between First Avenue and Avenue A around 10:30 p.m. — the latest random attack targeting women in the Big Apple. Brigitte Stelzer
Nguyen said the hockey stick struck her in “the back of my thigh.” Brigitte Stelzer
He then snarled “I’m going to f–k you up!” the finance pro, who moved to the city a year ago, told The Post.
Nguyen’s group ran into a restaurant while her attacker eventually fled.
“It was very scary,” Nguyen said.

Get all the stories that move New York to your inbox​

Enter your email address

By clicking above you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

The disturbing incident came alongside numerous women reporting being randomly slugged by men while walking around New York City over last month.

A number of the random assaults took place in Manhattan, targeting female victims in their 20s.

The attacker said nothing before preying upon her and then setting his sights on another unsuspecting woman nearby, according to Nguyen. 4
The attacker said nothing before preying upon her and then setting his sights on another unsuspecting woman nearby, according to Nguyen. DCPI
Some of the women recalled the traumatizing experiences on TikTok and Instagram, showing the injuries they had sustained.

“We were talking and just in a group. It doesn’t matter if you are walking alone or in a group, anything can happen to you,” Nguyen said about the recent string of random attacks.

“You can be as cautious as possible and anything can happen to you.”

Nguyen was treated at the scene and left with a gnarly yellow and purple bruise.

Asked what she’ll do to protect herself in the city, she said: “Now I’m going to carry Mace with me, which I probably should have done in the beginning.”

Back