Gun-toting robbers storm NYC bar, shoot customer and leave with gold chain, $1.4K: cops

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Gun-toting robbers storm NYC bar, shoot customer and leave with gold chain, $1.4K: cops​

By
Social Links for Amanda Woods

Published April 9, 2024, 4:13 p.m. ET

Two hoodie-wearing thieves stormed a Brooklyn bar and shot a patron in the leg before taking off with his pricey gold chain and more than $1,000 in cash this week, cops said.

The suspects, captured on video released by the NYPD, came into the High Dive bar on Fifth Avenue near Carroll Street in Park Slope just before 3 a.m. Monday and approached a 30-year-old man, cops said.

One of the suspects then opened fire, striking the victim in the leg, police said.

Two hoodie-wearing thieves stormed a Brooklyn bar and shot a patron in the leg before taking off with his pricey gold chain and more than $1,000 in cash this week, cops said.
Two thieves stormed High Dive bar in Park Slope and shot a patron in the leg before taking off with his gold chain and over $1,000 in cash this week, cops said. NYPD Crime Stoppers
They grabbed his gold chain, worth $2,400, plus $1,400 in cash, before fleeing the scene.

The NYPD’s video, released Monday night, shows the pair walking to the back of the bar with their hoods pulled up and rifling through something in the back.

Midway through the short clip, one of the men can be seen flashing a gun.

Explore More​

Migrant repeat offenders viciously attack cops during bust for ransacking NYC Target: police

Wynonna Judd's daughter was arrested again, this time for indecent exposure in Alabama.

Country singer Wynonna Judd's daughter locked up for indecent exposure in Alabama: report

Mich. school gunman's parents slapped with serious jail time for son’s rampage in unprecedented move

The victim was taken to New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition, police said.

He was uncooperative with authorities and no further information was known by Tuesday,

The suspects are described as two men with slim builds, medium complexions and believed to be between 21 and 30 years old, authorities said.

The suspects, captured on video released by the NYPD, came into the High Dive bar on Fifth Avenue near Carroll Street in Park Slope just before 3 a.m. Monday and approached a 30-year-old man, cops said.
The suspects came into the High Dive bar on Fifth Avenue just before 3 a.m. Monday. NYPD Crime Stoppers
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/ or on X @NYPDTips.

Model left with broken jaw from brutal robbery outside swanky NYC lounge claims security just watched the attack​

By
Social Links for Priscilla DeGregory and
Social Links for Steven Vago

Published April 11, 2024, 6:07 p.m. ET

A New York model says he was left with a broken jaw and missing teeth during a brutal robbery outside a swanky Manhattan lounge — and is now planning to sue the night spot, arguing its security did nothing to stop the attack, The Post has learned.

Adam Byrd, 33, had just left the East Village’s Little Sister Lounge with a pal on March 16 when a group of men punched, kicked and beat him with a belt before snatching a $35,000 necklace off his neck, Byrd and police said.

But Byrd claims the bar’s bouncers refused to help despite being mere steps away during the beatdown.

“Security is three feet from this situation and watched this happen, with the belt and stomping to the face,” Byrd told The Post on Thursday.

Photo of victim 4
Model Adam Byrd was left with a broken jaw after the brutal beatdown outside Little Sister Lounge. James Keivom

The model and actor — who said he was still rattled a month after the attack — plans to sue the security staff and Tao Group Hospitality, which owns Little Sister Lounge, for negligence, his attorney, Anthony C. Sears, said.

Explore More​

Dad of Florida cruise passenger, 20, who jumped off cruise ship after argument believes his son is still alive: report

Ex-football star and actor OJ Simpson — whose murder trial captivated the nation in the 90s — dead at 76 after cancer battle

Khloe Kardashian's social media comments flooded with 'condolences' after OJ Simpson death

Byrd said he was walking out of the lounge, located on East 11th Street, near Fourth Avenue, when the attackers came out of nowhere and jumped his pal.

“I see my friend literally within four seconds of walking out of the venue, he gets sucker punched by one guy and then sucker punched by another guy,” Byrd said in a phone interview.

One of the assailants allegedly yanked off his buddy’s Rolex, before turning to Byrd and pummeling him.

“My back is turned. I hear footsteps running up to me and the next thing I know I wake up to a stomp,” Byrd recalled, adding the brutes pinned him down and

Back