Darby School Security Guard L'Toray Hill Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Student At Day Care, School; UPDATE, 1-2 YEARS PRISON NO PAROLE

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...xually-assaulting-student-at-day-care-school/

Darby School Security Guard L’Toray Hill Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Student At Day Care, School
By Joe Holden
January 27, 2021 at 5:23 am

Esr9PFRXAAYJwA4

DARBY, Pa. (CBS) — Prosecutors in Delaware County have busted a Darby school security guard on charges of sexual assault of a student. They believe a pattern is developing, where the COVID-19 pandemic and school closures are driving an increase in predators seeking out children.

Hill would refer to her as “his wife and his girl,” according to court documents first obtained by CBS3.

Prosecutors say his control over her would only intensify.

“What we find in a lot of child predator cases are the individual puts a lot of time and effort into building that relationship of trust to get that child to do what the child knows in their heart is wrong,” said Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer.

Court papers indicate the relationship became sexual when the accuser turned 14. At 16, she now worked at a local day care center where Hill was a camp counselor.

Detectives say he molested her on a trip back from the shore.

An affidavit claims he told the girl, “I kept my distance until it was time, when you were older, then I would feel comfortable enough to tell you how I feel.”

In July 2017, prosecutors say the two engaged in sexual intercourse inside the day care and even a school.

“There is evidence that it took place in a school building, in the defendant’s home, and in a relative’s home of the defendant as well,” Stollsteimer said.

A spokeswoman for the William Penn School District said they are unaware of any incident involving Hill.

Hill’s lawyer declined to comment.

Online court documents show Hill was able to make bail, 10% of his $75,000 cash bond. He is due back in court in March.

Hill is the third man to be arrested on child sex charges in as many weeks. Delaware County has also busted Manuel Molina and Ivan Jackson Freeman.

A task force begun in September has seen an increase in complaints, in large part fueled by the pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...ter-being-charged-with-sexually-abusing-girl/

Darby School Security Guard L’Toray Hill Suspended After Being Charged With Sexually Abusing Girl
By CBS3 Staff
January 27, 2021 at 6:44 pm

UPPER DARBY, Pa. (CBS) — A security guard at a Delaware County school has been suspended after he was charged with sexually abusing a young girl. L’Toray Hill is a guard at Walnut Street Elementary School in Darby.

Prosecutors say he started grooming the girl when she was in third grade and the relationship became sexual when she turned 14.

Hill would refer to her as “his wife and his girl,” according to court documents first obtained by CBS3.

At 16, she now worked at a local day care center where Hill was a camp counselor.

Detectives say he molested her on a trip back from the shore.

An affidavit claims he told the girl, “I kept my distance until it was time, when you were older, then I would feel comfortable enough to tell you how I feel.”

In July 2017, prosecutors say the two engaged in sexual intercourse inside the day care and even a school.

“There is evidence that it took place in a school building, in the defendant’s home, and in a relative’s home of the defendant as well,” Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer said.

Hill has worked for the district since 2006.

Delco Times

https://www.delcotimes.com/2022/02/...n-guards-gets-1-2-years-for-sex-with-student/

Former William Penn guards gets 1-2 years for sex with student​

Groomed victim for eight years, prosecutor said​

0210-web-front.jpg

By Alex Rose | arose@delcotimes.com | The Delaware County Daily Times
PUBLISHED: February 10, 2022 at 3:11 a.m. | UPDATED: February 10, 2022 at 4:38 a.m.

MEDIA COURTHOUSE – A former William Penn School District security guard and day care center teacher was sentenced to one to two years in a state prison Tuesday for engaging in a sexual relationship with a high school student beginning when she was 16 years old.
L’toray Hill, 35, of the 200 block of High Street in Sharon Hill, previously entered an open guilty plea before Court of Common Pleas Judge Anthony Scanlon to one count of institutional sexual assault, a third-degree felony.
Two additional counts of institutional sexual assault and charges of indecent assault against a person less than 16 years old, criminal use of a communication facility, corruption of minors and unlawful contact with a minor were withdrawn as part of the plea.
“I was led on since I was young,” the victim, now an adult, said in an affidavit of probable cause for Hill’s arrest. “He manipulated me, twisted my mind and prepared me for when he made his move.”
Darby Borough Police Officer Ostap Royik met with the alleged victim in November 2020, according to the affidavit. The teenager reported that she had been in a sexual relationship with Hill, who she identified as a security officer at Penn Wood High School, beginning when she was 16 years old.
The victim later told Sgt. Robin Clark and Detective Mark Bucci of the Delaware County Child Abuse and Exploitation Task Force that she had known Hill since she was about 8 years old and in the third grade at Walnut Hill Elementary School, where Hill was primarily assigned. She said Hill had taken a special interest in her, favoring her over other students, according to the affidavit.

The victim told the detectives that Hill referred to her at that time as “his wife and his girl,” and that these comments became more frequent and salacious as she matured. He told her “you’re all mine,” and “no one else can have you,” saying he would marry her when she was old enough, according to the affidavit.
When the victim was 14 and in middle school, Hill gave her an unsolicited kiss on the mouth and then told her, “If you really love me you would,” when she rebuffed his advance, according to the affidavit.

After the victim turned 16 in June 2017, Hill became bolder in his advances. She was volunteering at a Sharon Hill day care center where he worked as a teacher and camp counselor during the summer, and he at one point tried to get her to strip after winning a game of Connects, the affidavit says.
In late June or July of that year, she and Hill accompanied the daycare students on a bus trip to the Jersey shore, according to the affidavit. On the ride back, he allegedly told the teenager to open her legs. When she refused, Hill put his hand on her thigh and opened them himself, then fondled her under her shorts, the affidavit says.
“Mr. Hill told the victim, ‘I always had feelings for you since you were a young child,’” according to the affidavit. “Mr. Hill continued, ‘I kept my distance until it was time, when you were older, then I would feel comfortable enough to tell you how I feel.’ Mr. Hill also told the victim that he knew what he felt and wanted from her was wrong.”
Sometime in July 2017, Hill took the girl into a secluded room at the day care and had intercourse with her, the affidavit says. The sexual relationship continued for more than a year in various locations, according to the affidavit, including several times at Penn Wood Elementary School, Hill’s home and the residence of one of Hill’s relatives. During that period, the two also exchanged sexually suggestive pictures of themselves, according to the affidavit.
The teen described the relationship as a “dating situation” in the affidavit, but told detectives she broke it off in November 2018 when Hill became too controlling and jealous. She said Hill continued to contact her for sexual encounters following the “breakup,” but she stopped seeing him in 2019 when she realized he was only interested in sex, the affidavit says.
Assistant District Attorney Bryan Barth read a letter from the victim into the record at sentencing, in which she says she can no longer forgive Hill and that his actions have left her with lifelong trauma.
“As I get older, I realize more and more that not only were you wrong, you were selfish,” she said in the letter. “A grown man who’s lived a good portion of his life versus a girl who’s life has just begun but hasn’t even really gotten started. You took so much from me and didn’t think about me, my head space, nor my future and what I’m dealing with.”
The victim went on to say that Hill had hurt her and her family, and vowed to be a voice for others in similar situations.
“I hope somewhere in your heart you feel what you’ve done to me and I hope you feel the hurt you’ve put on me,” she said. “But overall I hope that you’re generally sorry. Thank you for teaching me the biggest lesson of all: Never let your guard down, always see people for who they are and not what they make themselves out to be.”
“I know that my apologies and the remorse I feel can’t change the past and the things that happened,” said Hill. “I just want to become a better member of society to do things better and differently than the mistakes I’ve made in my past.”
Defense attorney Derek Steenson sought a probationary sentence, noting his client has no prior arrests and two children to support. He added that Hill waived his preliminary hearing and has taken responsibility for his actions from the start.
“In this case, whether or not Mr. Hill goes to jail or is just on probation – or something in between – for the next couple of years won’t have any effect on Mr. Hill, but it will directly affect the two children he supports,” said Steenson.
But Barth argued that the impact to Hill’s children was straying from the heart of the case: That Hill groomed a young girl over a period of eight years, violated her innocence, built her up and then broke her down.
“It’s very ironic that he’s using children as a scapegoat now to help him out of facing his consequences when the entire reason he’s here in the first place is because of the actions that he took toward that child,” said Barth.
In addition to prison time, Hill will have to serve four years of consecutive sex-offender probation, comply with the recommendations of a psychosexual evaluation, and register as a sex offender for 25 years.
Hill is not eligible for early release. He reports to begin his sentence Monday.

Back