Creep in ‘Lilo & Stitch’ hoodie randomly punches NYC woman in another unprovoked attack: cops

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Creep in ‘Lilo & Stitch’ hoodie randomly punches NYC woman in another unprovoked attack: cops​

By
Social Links for Amanda Woods

Published April 5, 2024, 2:40 p.m. ET

A creep spotted in a “Lilo & Stitch” sweatshirt is wanted for randomly punching a stranger in the face near Union Square — part of a wave of unprovoked attacks on women, mostly in Lower Manhattan.

Stephanie Weng, 33, was walking on Union Square East near East 16th Street around 4:30 p.m. March 20 when police say the menace approached her from behind and socked her in the face.

“I really want this person found because I just feel super unsafe,” Weng, a Financial District resident, told The Post on Friday, describing the attack as “super unprompted” and “traumatizing.”

The 33-year-old woman was slugged in an unprovoked attack by a menace wearing wearing a Stitch shirt.
The 33-year-old woman was slugged in an unprovoked attack by a menace wearing a “Stitch” shirt, cops said. NYPD
A surveillance photo released by the NYPD Friday shows the suspected assailant wearing a blue hoodie depicting the character Stitch from the Disney movie “Lilo & Stitch.”

Weng said after the sicko punched her, he muttered something under his breath, and as he walked away “he still stared at me – like he was waiting for me to do something about it, like to run after him or something.”

“But I think I was in total shock at that point,” she recalled in a phone interview.

Weng, who works in marketing and has lived in the Big Apple since 2008, was heading to an appointment when she was attacked. She said she raised her hands to block the blow, but the impact still left her with a bloody nose.

“I think he was really kind of intentional with his actions,” Weng said. “And it just was just like, super traumatizing and like very, very scary when it did happen. It’s really kind of hard for me to talk about.”

Back