BLACKWASHING is THEFT of classic White films. You parasites have nothing in your culture so you steal it, ruining everything you touch.

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter

Kenya Barris’ Richard Pryor Biopic Is a 10-Episode Series; New ‘Wizard of Oz’ Is Set in Inglewood and ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ Remake Has POC Lead: ‘I’m Still a Believer in IP’​

By
Zack Sharf, Angelique Jackson

kenya-barris

Kenya Barris joined the Variety Studio presented by Audible at the Sundance Film Festival and provided some new updates on three of his most high-profile new projects. It was announced back in 2020 that Barris was set to direct a biopic on Richard Pryor, one of the most influential comedians of all time. The project remains in development, only Barris now confirmed that it’s actually a television series.

“It’s a 10-part limited biographical series that takes a look from cradle to grave,” Barris said. “From his earliest upbringing — he grew up in a ho house, or a house of ill repute — and became, at one point, the biggest star in the world.”

Barris said he is “in the room with it right now” as far as the development on the Richard Pryor series, adding, “It is my baby. I love it. He is my comedy god. A super flawed guy, but who everything, to this day, the comedy that we remember — even including [Dave] Chappelle — is derivative of what he started. That honest, reflecting, observational look at what the world is and the differences between us that actually make us more similar than we are apart. I think telling his story and letting people see things that they didn’t know about him is something that I’m super excited to bring to life.”

The “Blackish” creator and “You People” director also had updates for two classic films that he is updating: “The Wizard of Oz” and “It’s a Wonderful Life.” He confirmed the script for his reimagining of “The Wizard of Oz” is done. His version of Dorothy is a girl who lives in the Bottoms, which is a huge apartment complex located in Inglewood, Calif.

“The original ‘Wizard of Oz’ took place during the Great Depression and it was about self-reliance and what people were going through,” Barris said. “I think this is the perfect time to switch the characters and talk about what someone imagines their life could be. It’s ultimately a hero’s journey, someone thinks something’s better than where they’re at, and they go and realize that where they’re at is where they should be. I want people to be proud and happy about where they’re from. But I want the world to take a look at it and I hope that will come through.”

Barris is also remaking “It’s a Wonderful Life” at Paramount and centering the story around a person of color. He believes the story made famous in Frank Capra’s 1946 film starring Jimmy Stewart is tailor-made for a POC perspective.

“I feel like Christmas movies are amazing and I think the idea of taking something that has that long of a history and a tale behind it and putting an amazing piece of talent to tell that story,” Barris said. “It’s a guy who’s trying to help out his community and things are going to turn around on him. I think that’s the perfect story to tell for a person of color — Black or brown — to get into that because our communities have some issues and someone trying to help that community out. I think that’s the perfect vehicle to tell that story from.”

Barris added, “I’m still a believer in IP. I think I get shit for it sometimes but I believe that the idea of some of those great stories – stories are all told again and again and again. So having the opportunity to take some of those IPs and tell them from a different point of a view is a gift that I hopefully keep getting.”

“It’s a Wonderful Life”

I may have to write up how Black Serial Killers radically increased in numbers after the Hitchcock film PSYCHO. These tools & fools have no clue what they're unleashing.

Simbi Khali in “Psycho”:
“One of my memories about this shot is hair and makeup asking me if I wanted them to put a wig on Simbi. I saw her short crop twists and said absolutely not. Her natural hairstyle was absolutely perfect to help the impact of the shot,” explains Carell Augustus.

Gene Kelly, Singing in the Rain.

Veronica Lake

“I feel like Christmas movies are amazing and I think the idea of taking something that has that long of a history and a tale behind it and putting an amazing piece of talent to tell that story,” Barris said. “It’s a guy who’s trying to help out his community and things are going to turn around on him. I think that’s the perfect story to tell for a person of color — Black or brown — to get into that because our communities have some issues and someone trying to help that community out. I think that’s the perfect vehicle to tell that story from.”

The Whites have done very well in USA, these new blacks are looking at all facets of societal influence upon Whites. The films Barris is blackwashing are those ultra American classic films, most of which had morals and values, choices with consequences fully worked into the scripts. He probably knows the CIA and US Military was highly involved in the making of those films putting to use psychological methods of brainwashing to shape the thoughts and daily actions of the White majority population. Entertainment is a funny word.

The modern blacks, like Barris & the other man, now in the film industry [probably with some Hollywood elite help] have recognized that these movies became classics or even cult classics, many if not most of post 1915 White communities were modeled after what was depicted in classic films as lifestyles White people aspired to, more so mid to post WW2.

I wonder who the modern Eddie Bernays is, for the blacks?

The thing black Barris is ignoring is black IQ and the violent nature of blacks and browns. Despite that, Barris feels the 'programming' Whites got for over 100 years through movies and TV could turn around the failed lifestyle directions within the black or brown communities as a whole.

Back