BLACK SWAMP CREATURE: Texas police arrest suspect in abduction of 12-year-old girl who was found safe after 8 days

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter

Texas police arrest suspect in abduction of 12-year-old girl who was found safe after 8 days​

by: AP

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 / 09:03 AM EST

Updated: Mar 3, 2024 / 09:06 AM EST

COLUMBUS, Texas (AP) — Police in Texas have arrested a man suspected in the disappearance of a girl who was missing for eight days before she was safely located.
Sirterryon Preston, 27, of Houston was charged with evading authorities after he attempted to flee from officers on Friday, the Columbus Police Department said in social media post Saturday.
The police learned around 12:40 p.m. Friday that a 12-year-old girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert search was in Columbus, about 94 miles (150 kilometers) west of Houston.
The girl’s identity was confirmed and she was transported to Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston for evaluation, police said.
The Houston Police Department issued the alert notifying the public about the missing girl after she was last seen on Feb. 22 getting into a pickup truck in the city, news reports said.
Preston was being held in the Colorado County jail with additional charges possible, pending an investigation by the FBI, the Columbus police said.
A message left Sunday at a phone number listed for Preston was not immediately returned.
The arrest comes shortly after another abduction case involving a girl in the Houston area.
A memorial service was held Saturday for 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham, who was allegedly killed by a family friend with a history of violence.
Don McDougal was charged with capital murder in connection with Cunningham’s death. Prosecutors say he was supposed to take her to a school bus stop when she disappeared Feb. 15. Her body was found Feb. 20 in a river near Houston.

Last edited:
Sirterryon Preston, 27, of Houston

Texas man arrested after police find girl who had been missing for 8 days​

By Jamiel Lynch, CNN​

2 minute read

Updated 4:16 AM EST, Sun March 3, 2024

iu

Sirterryon Preston, 27, of Houston has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a girl who went missing February 22.
Columbus Texas Police Department

CNN —

A Texas man has been arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of a Houston-area minor under age 13 who was missing for eight days before being found safe.

The girl went missing on February 22 from her home near Houston. Police issued an Amber Alert on Wednesday saying they believe she may have been trafficked.

When she first went missing, it was believed she had left on her own, a Houston police spokesperson told CNN.

But police obtained new information, which made them believe she might have been trafficked, a police spokesperson said.

Police also shared the girl may have been on a social media app called Tagged, but did not provide further details on what role the child’s possible presence on the site may have played in their investigation.

The girl was found unharmed 73 miles from Houston in Columbus, Texas, police said Friday. She was taken to Texas Children’s Hospital for evaluation.

CNN has reached out to FBI Houston for more information.

The child was one of around 460,000 children who go missing in the United States annually, according to the Department of Justice.

In a post on Facebook, Columbus police said they were advised Friday afternoon the missing girl was possibly within their city limits.

“Columbus Police attempted to detain Sirterryon Preston, 27, of Houston, Texas, in reference to having possession of the missing juvenile,” the post said.

Preston attempted to flee police custody but was captured and arrested, authorities said.

He was charged with evading and taken to the Colorado County Detention Facility. Further charges are pending further investigation by the FBI, according to police.

CNN has been unable to confirm if Preston has an attorney.

A Missouri City family was desperately searching for a missing 12-year-old who hasn’t been seen for five days.

The girl was last seen outside her home on Waterchase Drive getting into a mysterious truck in the middle of the night between Thursday and Friday. The exact time is unclear.

“I feel like she’s been kidnapped because it’s day five and I haven’t heard anything,” her mother Shannon Williams told KPRC 2.

The last time Williams saw her daughter was before bed on Thursday, but when she woke up on Friday, Hughes was gone.

She was last seen wearing a white crop top and pink joggers, according to a missing juvenile flyer. She left with only those clothes and a tablet, Williams said.

“I haven’t ate anything. I haven’t been to sleep. Everybody’s been pacing back and forth because this is not like her,” she said.

Hughes is known to have a beautiful personality and bright spirit, she said. On Thursday night, she made fries with her own seasoning and danced in the living room before stepping out for a walk around 10:30 p.m., her mother said.

Neighbors told KPRC 2 their cameras captured a dark truck pull up in front of her house a couple hours later, before what appears to be the young girl gets in the backseat. The truck then turns around at the end of a cul-de-sac and turns onto Steeple Chase Road.

Williams said she didn’t recognize the truck and her daughter didn’t have access to rideshare apps.

“Anything could have happened, even though we’re going to pray for the best,” Williams said.

The missing juvenile poster is the only public release from law enforcement so far on Hughes’ disappearance. Her family doesn’t understand why an AMBER Alert wasn’t issued.

“I am past worry ... I feel like nothing is being done fast enough,” Williams said. “I just want my baby home.”

Williams said she wasn’t sure if Hughes was communicating with anyone online but that’s an aspect of her disappearance they are still trying to figure out.

Back