Black on WHITE MURDER-- Sheila Wallace was WHITE

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter
(Black) Man indicted in park slaying held on $1M bond
black suspect
WeepingAngel1.jpg
CLEVELAND (WJW) — A $1 million bond was set for a man indicted just this week in the 2019 murder of a 58-year-old woman as she was walking her dog.

DaJuan Evans, 22, of Cleveland, on Friday pleaded not guilty to his indicted charges of aggravated murder, murder and felonious assault. Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Nancy Margaret Russo set his bond at $1 million.

Sheila Wallace was walking her dog in McGowan Park when she was shot in the head and chest on Jan. 17, 2019. Police haven’t determined a motive for the killing.

The gun was later found after being used in Cleveland’s Stockyards neighborhood. It was turned in by a good Samaritan and found to have Evans’ DNA.

Evans, who was 18 when Wallace was killed, was charged with the murder while serving time in the state prison in Mansfield on a 2019 robbery conviction.

Evans could face life in prison, if convicted on the aggravated murder charge, prosecutors said.

Vigil held for Cleveland Clinic worker shot, killed while walking her dog 2 years ago​

Still no arrests for Sheila Wallace's murder

By: Tracy Carloss

Posted at 10:01 PM, Jan 17, 2021

and last updated 8:01 PM, Jan 17, 2021

CLEVELAND — A candlelight vigil was held in McGowan Park for Sheila Wallace Sunday evening. The gathering marked two years since the 58-year-old Cleveland Clinic worker was murdered.
Wallace was walking her dog around 7 p.m. on Jan. 17, 2019 when she was shot and killed.
“There are some days where it’s really, really not easy,” said Katie Wallace, Sheila’s daughter.
Police said surveillance cameras in the park captured the two people who murdered Sheila Wallace, but still no arrests have been made in the case.

“I hope you pay for what you did. You ruined my life. You took away the life of my mother. My life will never be the same,” Katie Wallace said.
Police believe Sheila Wallace’s murder was a random act of violence. Two years later, the killers are still free.

“It could have been anybody’s mom, sister, cousin, father,” said Luke Wallace, Sheila’s son.
Sheila Wallace was born, raised, and loved the West Side Cleveland neighborhood. After her murder, her community launched an effort to catch the killers.
“We started the block watch in her name and pretty much have just been working with the neighborhood,” said Yolanda Cossu, Sheila’s friend.
CrimeStoppers is offering a $5,000 reward for information regarding the incident. All tips are anonymous. Call 216-252-7463 if you have information that can help police solve Sheila Wallace’s murder.

Back