Where's YT?

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

How many white faces do you see in this crowd?
49397745.jpg

Walk unites people of different races

The day before the 36th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination, people of all races and nationalities gathered here for the second annual Walk As One.

The event, put on by the local chapter of the National Conference for Community and Justice, brought hundreds of walkers to the gro
nds of The Coliseum yesterday to celebrate their differences.

''This is not only a fund-raiser,'' said Joyce Lavery, executive director of the Nashville region of the NCCJ. ''

It
s also a program that brings together everybody in the community.''

The group, formerly known as the National Conference of Christians and J
*WS, changed its name in the 1990s. The name change came about because people often thought the group to be a religious organization, according to its Web site. The name change, the site says, is not a change in vision but an effort to include all members of every community.

Companies such as Gap Inc. were represented, and civic, religious and social organizations were there as well.

Melanie Cook, the vice president of the Alpha Psi chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, said she and several members of the sorority participated for civic and religious reasons.

''I feel like we are all God's children, and I
think it's one of the devil's tricks to make us think that we are not,'' she said. ''We have to come together and be God's children, all of us.''
<b
r><b
>***
The photo doesn't match the headline, but that doesn't surprise me.[/b]

T.N.B.

HAPPY JAMES EARLE RAY DAY, YOU ALL!!! RAHOWA!!!

Re ''I feel like we are all God's children..."

I liked the VNN essay- "God Loves All His Racist Children"

Yeah, where are the white faces? Even the k*kes and the fags have deserted them.

Happy holiday!!

Back