W. "defenders" of freedom like Repubs, we don't need enemies: Spending (what we ain't got) 26 B for Israel; 61 B for Ukraine--Jew S A zilch, suckas

Apollonian

Guest Columnist

America Last: House Bill Provides $26B for Israel, $61B for Ukraine and Zero to Secure U.S. Border​

Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
Apr. 17, 2024

Link: https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=64398/
space.gif

mike-johnson-israel-first-bill.jpg
House Speaker Mike Johnson's newly unveiled foreign aid bill includes over $26 billion for Israel -- $12 billion more than the previous bill which asked for $14 billion -- $61 billion for Ukraine and absolutely nothing to secure America's borders.

As Sen. Rand Paul notes, Johnson is also putting forward bills to ban TikTok (to silence criticism of Israel), turn American businesses into NSA spies and seize Russia's assets to give to Ukraine in an act of war (the REPO Act).

From Reuters, "US House sets long-awaited vote on billions for Ukraine, Israel":
The U.S. House of Representatives will have its long-awaited vote on aid for Ukraine, Israel and the Indo-Pacific as soon as Saturday, Republican Speaker Mike Johnson said on Wednesday, paving the way for its possible passage despite fierce objections from the right wing of his conference.

The House Appropriations Committee unveiled legislation providing more than $95 billion in security assistance, including $60.84 billion to address the conflict in Ukraine and assist regional partners as they handle Russia's invasion, of which $23.2 billion would be used to replenish U.S. weapons, stocks and facilities.

The effort to pass security aid gained new urgency following Iran's unprecedented attacks on Israel over the weekend in retaliation for a suspected Israeli airstrike on Iran's embassy compound in Damascus on April 1.

The Israel bill totals $26.38 billion, some of which will cover the cost of U.S. military operations in response to recent attacks. And $9.1 billion of the total is designated for humanitarian needs, something Democrats had demanded for them to support the bill.
As a reminder, the Intercept reported on Monday that the U.S. -- not Israel -- shot down the majority of the drones and missiles Iran fired at Israel.

Reuters continues:
The Indo-Pacific measure totals $8.12 billion.

Johnson said he would give House members 72 hours from the bill's introduction - until mid-day Saturday - to review the bill. He said the chamber would vote on final passage on Saturday evening.

He also said he would release a separate border security bill, meeting a demand from conservatives.

Democratic President Joe Biden said he strongly supported the package. He called on the House to pass it this week and the Senate to quickly follow. "I will sign this into law immediately to send a message to the world: We stand with our friends, and we won’t let Iran or Russia succeed," Biden said in a statement.
This bill is literally worse than the one they tanked a few weeks ago.

NumbersUSA said they won't be supporting Johnson's separate border bill because it's "a meaningless border cover vote" and "not a serious effort" to secure our border as was promised.

When are Americans going to realize their government has been completely captured?

Mike Johnson Goes Full Neocon, Nikki Haley May as Well Be House Speaker​

April 19, 2024 9:46 am by CWR
via Mike Shedlock

Link: https://citizenwatchreport.com/mike...con-nikki-haley-may-as-well-be-house-speaker/

In a speech that Nikki Haley would endorse 100 percent, Speaker Mike Johnson begs the House to approve more aid to Ukraine and Israel to the tune of $95 billion total.
Speaker-Plans-Separate-Votes.png

Mike Johnson Gives Impassioned Ukraine Speech

Newsweek reports Mike Johnson Gives Impassioned Ukraine Speech as He Defies MAGA
Speaker Mike Johnson said he will “take personal risk” by pushing ahead with his plans for a House vote on foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, as fellow Republican representatives continue to call for him to vacate the chair.
The House of Representatives is expected to vote on sending additional aid to Ukraine and Israel on Saturday as part of the $95 billion military funding. The package is divided into four bills, the third issuing funding for Taiwan. The fourth includes sanctions on Russia, China and Iran as well as measures to allow the seizing of frozen Russian central bank assets to aid Ukraine.
Following the publishing of the draft legislation, President Joe Biden said in a statement that he “strongly” supported the package and called on the House and Senate to back the bills.
“I will sign this into law immediately to send a message to the world: we stand with our friends, and we won’t let Iran or Russia succeed,” Biden said.
Full Metamorphosis
The Wall Street Journal reports Mike Johnson Opposed Ukraine Aid. Then He Risked His Job for It.
“I really do believe the intel and in the briefings that we’ve gotten,” Johnson said. “I believe Xi [Jinping] and Vladimir Putin and Iran really are an axis of evil,” warning that Russia could march west across Europe if not stopped now. “To put it bluntly, I would rather send bullets to Ukraine than American boys.”
That is a false dichotomy.
See also Ridiculous headline from Axios. Republicans aren’t panicked about Mike Johnson. Democrat Mouthpiece Media is foaming at the mouth.
One does not have to make a choice between sending bullets or men to Ukraine. One could easily do neither or both.
Sending bullets does not preclude further stupidity such as sending troops.
Johnson’s Axis of Evil Rant
“This is a critical time right now, a critical time on the world stage. I can make a selfish decision and do something that’s different but I’m doing here what I believe to be the right thing.”
“I think providing lethal aid to Ukraine right now is critically important. I really do. I really do believe the intel and the briefings that we’ve gotten. I believe Xi, Vladimir Putin and Iran really are an axis of evil. I think they’re in coordination on it.”
“So I think that Vladimir Putin would continue to march through Europe if he were allowed. I think he might go to the Balkans next. I think he might have a showdown with Poland or one of our NATO allies.”
“To put it bluntly, I would rather send bullets to Ukraine than American boys.
My son is going to begin in the Naval Academy this fall. This is a live-fire exercise for me as it is so many American families. This is not a game, this is not a joke.”

Dave Stockman, Ronald Reagan’s former budget director, blasted Mike Johnson for his speech.

See also Johnson doesn’t have enough republican votes to bring up foreign aid package. Mike Johnson tries to thread the needle.

From Stockman
This is why Speaker Johnson must go. His statement is laced with neocon paranoia, stupidity, lies and hollow excuses for warmongering. Putin has no interest in molesting the Poles, to say nothing of storming the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. And Russia has a GDP of $2.2 trillion versus NATO’s $45 trillion.
China’s $50 trillion debt-ridden Ponzi would collapse in months if its $3.5 trillion flow of export earnings were disrupted by an attempting landing by its single modern aircraft carrier on the California coast. And Iran has no nukes, no intercontinental range missiles and a GDP equal to 130 hours of US annual output.
Some Axis of evil!
When House Republicans booted Kevin McCarthy for Mike Johnson, I confidently predicted Johnson would be no better and might prove to be much worse.
The results are now in. Johnson is proven much worse. To get deals, Johnson has even agreed to expand Child Tax Credits.
Not even Nikki Haley would have done that.
Child Tax Credit Expansion
On January 27, I asked How Much Will That GOP Deal on Child Tax Credits Really Cost?
We have a new number on the deal the House Republicans agreed to. It’s $1.5 trillion over ten years. That does not include an Affordable Housing giveaway.
It’s possible that deal dies in the Senate. But time and time again Johnson has given into progressive demands.

What is the Best Way to Help Israel and Ukraine?
On April 16, I asked What is the Best Way to Help Israel and Ukraine?
See if you agree with my answer.

Ron Paul Issues BRUTAL TAKEDOWN Of Speaker Mike Johnson Following Ukraine Funding Bill​

Infowars.com
April 23rd 2024, 5:56 pm

Link: https://www.infowars.com/posts/ron-...-mike-johnson-following-ukraine-funding-bill/

[see vids at site link, above]

'It was a total victory for the war party.'

Former Texas Congressman Ron Paul delivered a scathing rebuke of House Speaker Mike Johnson after he crossed the aisle to vote with Democrats on a $95 billion foreign aid package, contrary to the will of members of his own party who put him into power.
“In the worst example of bipartisanship, Johnson reached across the aisle, stiffed the Republican majority that elected him speaker, and pushed through a massive gift to the warfare corporate welfare state,” Paul says in a video posted to social media. “After the House voted to send another $60 billion to notoriously corrupt Ukraine, members waved Ukrainian flags on the House floor and chanted, ‘Ukraine! Ukraine!’ While I find it distasteful and disgusting, in some ways, it seemed fitting.”

Check out a transcript of Ron Paul’s message, a reading of his recent article “Final Nail in America’s Coffin?” below:
When future historians go searching for the final nail in the US coffin, they may well settle on the date April 20, 2024.
https://www.infowarsstore.com/turbo...tm_medium=banner&utm_content=turboforcebanned
On that day Congress passed legislation to fund two and a half wars, hand what’s left of our privacy over to the CIA and NSA, and give the US president the power to shut down whatever part of the Internet he disagrees with.
The nearly $100 billion grossly misnamed “National Security Supplemental” guarantees that Ukrainians will continue to die in that country’s unwinnable war with Russia, that Palestinian civilians will continue to be slaughtered in Gaza with US weapons, and that the neocons will continue to push us toward a war with China.
It was a total victory for the war party.

The huge spending bill is all about politics for Biden, yet so many Republicans simply went along with it. The last thing the people running Biden’s White House want to see as a close election approaches are ads blaming Biden for “losing Ukraine.”
The US and its allies have already sent over $300 billion to Ukraine and the country is still losing its war with Russia. Nobody believes another $60 billion will pull a victory from the jaws of defeat. But this additional money is meant to keep up appearances until November at the expense of Americans who are forced to pay for it and Ukrainians who are forced to die for it.
Speaker Johnson could not have passed these monstrosities without the full support of House Democrats, as the majority of Republicans voted against more money for Ukraine. So in the worst example of “bipartisanship,” Johnson reached across the aisle, stiffed the Republican majority that elected him Speaker, and pushed through a massive gift to the warfare/(corporate) welfare state.
After the House voted to send another $60 billion to notoriously corrupt Ukraine, Members waved Ukrainian flags on the House Floor and chanted “Ukraine, Ukraine.” While I find it distasteful and disgusting, in some way it seemed fitting. After all, they may as well chant the name of a foreign country because they certainly don’t care about this country!
Along with sending $100 billion that we don’t have to fund more overseas war, Speaker Johnson threw in another version of the Tik Tok ban, which gives Joe Biden and future presidents the power to shut down websites at will by simply declaring them to be “foreign adversary controlled.”
Not to be outdone, the US Senate on that same day passed the extension of Section 702 of the FISA Act, which not only allowed the government to continue spying on us without a warrant, but also contained new language massively expanding how they can spy on us.
Many conservative voters are asking what the point of Republican control of the House is if the agenda is determined by Democrats. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is even reported to have bragged to his colleagues about how easily Speaker Johnson gave Democrats everything they wanted and asked for nothing in return.
What is the silver lining in all this bad news? Most Republicans in the House voted against continuing the Ukraine war. That’s a good start. Our ideas are growing, not only across the country but even in the DC swamp. Take courage and don’t give up! Work for peace!
This article first appeared at RonPaulInstitute.org.

Back