Two nigger cops diddle high skewl girl

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

2 officers facing sex charges

Video at WLBT: Vicksburg Police Arraignment, confirms negritude in the first degree.

VICKSBURG --Two Vicksburg police officers were indicted Thursday on sexual battery charges stemming from allegations of inappropriate conduct with a high school student at her home.

Bobby Jones, 31, of 1714 1/2 Lane St. and Anthony Lane, 28, of 780 U.S. 61 North were removed from the Police Department on a 2-0 vote by the mayor and board of aldermen following their arraignment in Warren County Circuit Court. One alderman was absent.

"They will be suspended without pay, pending the resolut
ion or outcome of the charges," said Chief Tommy Moffett.

Each pleaded not guilty bef
ore Judge Isadore W. Patrick, who gave each a $10,000 bond and set a June 12 trial date. Both bonded out of the Warren County Jail on Thursday afternoon, records show.

Parents of Vicksburg High students have mixed reactions to the allegations.

"I think they need to be fired," said Jacqueline Sanders, whose son, Reginald, is a senior at the school. "I distrust those two, and I'm outraged. They should keep them (away) from kids."

Annie Mae Washington, guardian of senior Paul Becker, said officers need to be aware of their position as role models.

"I still trust in the law system, but it was a couple of bad apples that did wrong," she said. "Children look up to them for protection. If the law doesn't protect you, who does?"

The men were supposed to be in a position of trust as police officers when both had an inappropria
te relationship with a then 17-year-old student, officials said.

Although the age of consent in the state is 16, a person is guilty of sexual battery i
f he engages in sexual penetration with a child under the age of 18 if the person is in a position of trust or authority.

The Clarion-Ledger does not identify victims of alleged sexual assault.

Warren County District Attorney Gil Martin said the girl graduated from Vicksburg High School in the spring and is now 18.

Martin would not elaborate on what evidence substantiated her allegation of sexual battery with the officers, but said "there are other witnesses who corroborated her story."

The girl's parents would not comment on Thursday. Her attorney, Travis Vance, could not be reached for comment.

Jones' attorney, Marshall Sanders, and Lane's attorney, Ramel Cotton, did not return phone calls.

The allegations surfaced after a Vicksburg police officer told Moffett he'd heard the
men had a relationship with the girl, Moffett said.

The girl's relationship with Jones allegedly occurred in November 2004, and her relationship with Lane allegedly was in June 2004, according to the i
ndictment.

The allegations were investigated by the Police Department, Martin and the state attorney general's office before a grand jury met.

Lane, also a school resource officer at Vicksburg High School at the time the alleged assault occurred, was given 20 days suspension by Moffett.

Lane was allowed to return to the department after his suspension, while Jones did not face any disciplinary action, Moffett said.

The two men have been officers with the department since 2000, Moffett said, but neither faced prior misconduct allegations.

"During the time I've been here, they've done an outstanding job," Moffett said.

Moffett said if the officers did have an inappropriate relationship with th
e girl, their behavior as officers is "unacceptable." But Moffett said he has no immediate plans to change policy at his 75-member department on the role of a school resource officer.

"I've told my police officers they are held to a higher standard," he said. "We nee
d to live up to that standard or get another job."

Niggers in cop's clothing, what will they think of next.

T.N.B.

Back