Teenagers held over journalist's death

U

Unregistered

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6134626/Teenagers-held-over-journalists-death

6139305.jpg

Phillip Cottrell in Lisbon in 2010.

6139306.jpg

MEMORIAL: Radio New Zealand staff conduct a memorial to Wellington journalist Phillip Cottrell at the site of his attack.

Teenagers held over journalist's death

Two men charged with the murder of Radio New Zealand journalist Phillip Cottrell have been remanded in custody.

Nicho Waipuka, 19, unemployed of Korokoro have been charged with the death after Cottrell died in hospital a day after he was attacked in Boulcott St. He had been walking home from work about 5.30am on Saturday.

A 17-year-old man whose name is now suppressed is due back in court at the end of the week. An assault charge which had previously been laid has now been withdrawn and the charge of murder substituted.

The pair were arrested this morning.

This afternoon, Wellington District Court judge Carrie Wainwright remanded them and refused applications to take photographs of the two men in court and suppressed any images already available.

Waipuka's lawyer Rob Stevens said identity was an issue in both cases.

The 17-year-old's lawyer Mike Antunovic asked for the suppression to allow family to be told.

Family of the teenager called out that they loved him and to be safe as he was led from the court.

Cottrell's family were understood not to have been at court.

The news of the arrests came as colleagues and friends of the 43-year-old gathered for an impromptu memorial service at the site of his attack.

Detective Senior Sergeant Scott Miller said the men were charged at the Wellington central police station this morning.

"These arrests follow an extensive amount of inquiries carried out by the investigation team over the past few days, however there is still a large number of inquiries to be made and we continue to need help from the public," he said.

Miller said he hoped the charges brought some kind of resolution to Cottrell's family.

However, he added the inquiry was by no means over and police were still carrying out extensive area inquiries.

He said police were relying on information from the public - not just from Boulcott St, but anyone who may have spoken to the alleged offenders.

POLICE RAID

Today's arrests followed a raid at an Avalon home yesterday afternoon.

A woman said she and other residents watched Armed Offenders Squad members lead several people out of the house at gunpoint.

"It was scary - suddenly I heard this noise and I heard the [police] dog barking.

"I came out to have a look and I saw the guys with the uniforms and guns."

The resident, in their 60s, who did not want to be named, said about 15 police staff were present at the time.

"I heard them yelling, asking them to come out. They took them out one by one and made them lie on the road."

None of the residents were at the house today, and police were sifting through rubbish bags and boxes at the property.

The same MO. Unprovoked drawn-out beating to the point of Death or beyond for little or no gain. Nigger attackers, White victim.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6134928/Beating-took-place-near-murder-site

Beating took place near murder site

A teenager was viciously beaten around the head with a skateboard near Boulcott St just three weeks before Phillip Cottrell was murdered metres up the inner-city road.

A witness to the skateboard attack says the area is frequented by an "underbelly" of violent drug users. He wants police to investigate possible links to Mr Cottrell's killing on Saturday morning.

The Radio New Zealand journalist was attacked about 5.30am as he walked home from work.

Preliminary results from an autopsy completed yesterday indicate he suffered blunt impact trauma and multiple fractures to his head, neck and left arm, including extensive brain injuries.

Mark Townshend said he rushed to stop the skateboard victim being killed on November 23 near his house on Terrace Gardens. "He was killing him. I saw a murder in progress. It was no fisticuffs, you don't live from getting something like that."

Mr Townshend, 45, a Victoria University law student, said the teenager was on the ground screaming for help. One attacker punched him while a second man swung a skateboard at his head.

"You could hear it – 'whack, whack'. It was blood-curdling. He [the victim] was completely gone. His shirt was ripped and he was covered in blood."

Mr Townshend ran from his house and dragged the skateboard attacker to Boulcott St, tackling him on the road before he raised the alarm on the assailant's phone.

Wellington Police spokeswoman Victoria Davis confirmed officers went to an incident in Boulcott St about 10pm on Wednesday, November 23. A 16-year-old was charged with assaulting a teenager with a blunt instrument – a skateboard – and dealt with in the Youth Court.

The more I read of this, the more I believe that people need to take matters in their own hands to stop these outrages. Even those police who are honest, are nowhere near enough to curb these niggerish attacks. The jigs won't respect us as long as we're content to be wimpy whites and not furious Whites when they do this outrage. Niggers have proven to us time and time again that no matter how many equality laws are forced upon us, they can never be equal to us. And jiggaboo compulsiveness and lack of patience is a trademark of the Maories as well as our jigs.

:mad:

This seems to be his Facebook profile. A google news search suggests images from this account were used in the media until the suppression court order a few hours ago.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Nicho-Waipuka/100002457850921

You can see the productive, social, family-oriented life he's led till now in his favorites and work descriptions.
The Race, Gangsta and Sex oriented lifestyle [with no hint of paying for any of it] is on full display.
Employers: nada
College: nada

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6148575/Man-abused-moments-before-murder

Man abused moments before murder

An early-morning worker was abused by two young men moments before Radio New Zealand journalist Phillip Cottrell was murdered just metres up the road.

As the man arrived for work in Boulcott St at 5.37am on Saturday, two young "smart arses" shouted abuse.

The Dominion Post worker did not respond or feel threatened because neither man seemed intimidating, and he thought they were "dweebs".

"They looked like young smart arses," a source said. "He wasn't overly concerned."

Just moments later, the pair are thought to have fatally attacked Mr Cottrell about 30 metres up Boulcott St as he walked home from a night shift at Radio New Zealand. He died the next day in Wellington Hospital from severe brain injuries when his life support was switched off.

Two teenagers have been charged with his murder.

The worker gave a statement to police and a detailed description of the two men.

Dominion Post security camera footage of another worker arriving minutes later shows a Combined Taxi driving past. Its driver is believed to have found Mr Cottrell.

Police have yet to view the footage. But it is now understood investigators obtained good-quality images of the murder suspects from cameras on the Majestic Centre.

The arrests followed raids by armed police on homes in Avalon and Korokoro on Tuesday.

Nicho Allan Waipuka, 19, and his alleged accomplice, a 17-year-old who cannot be named, have both been remanded in custody. The younger accused will reappear in court today for a review of name suppression.

Also today, Mr Cottrell's family will bid farewell to the former BBC journalist. His funeral will take place at St Andrew's on The Terrace at 1pm.

Waipuka's partner, Sylvanna Robinson-Stepien, 21, hopes to visit him in Rimutaka Prison today to "tell him I love him".

She and her mother Hine were refused entry to their Korokoro home yesterday as police continued to search for evidence.

Ms Robinson-Stepien said investigators had been through the flat's rubbish, sorting it into small plastic bags.

"I looked inside the front door [and saw] a lady taking photos of clothing.

"The house looks a mess – broken stuff and rubbish scattered around outside."

Both families have since been allowed back in.

Ms Robinson-Stepien believes the teenagers will find it tough in Rimutaka Prison. "They're not murderers" she said.

But Detective Senior Sergeant Scott Miller, in charge of the investigation, said he was "100 per cent certain" the right suspects were in custody.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6151424/Cottrell-murder-accused-teen-a-good-boy

Cottrell murder-accused teen 'a good boy'

LATEST: The mother of a teenager accused of murdering Radio New Zealand journalist Phillip Cottrell says her son is "a good boy".

The 17-year-old is to remain in custody, after appearing in the Wellington District Court today.

His distressed mother sat in the front row of the gallery crying while she waited for the few moments that her 17-year-old appeared in court, dwarfed beside the police officer next to him.

"Stay strong son," she told him as he left the dock.

Afterwards she defended him.

"The picture you are painting of my boy is not accurate," she told The Dominion Post.

"My son is a good boy," she said.

On the street outside she tried to calm a young man who had also been in court to support her son and who was advancing on a press photographer.

"Do you realise you are making it bad for me and my son?" she told him.

The accused's lawyer Mike Antunovic and police prosecutor Constable Gary Hilsdon spoke to judge David McKegg in private before the case was called in open court.

Judge McKegg continued suppression of the teenager's name, identifying details and any images of him.

He waved to his mother from the dock.

Nicho Waipuka, 19, who was charged with the murder at the same time, is also due back before the court next week.

Cottrell died after he was attacked in Boulcott St walking home from work about 5.30am on Saturday. He was found by a taxi driver and died in hospital the next day.

His funeral was held today, at St Andrews on The Terrace.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/6141259/Teen-accused-of-murder-was-facing-charges

Teen accused of murder was facing charges

One of two teenagers charged with murdering Phillip Cottrell was already facing charges when he was alleged to have attacked the Radio New Zealand journalist.

Nicho Allan Waipuka, 19, appeared in Wellington District Court yesterday jointly charged with murder, along with a 17-year-old who cannot be named.

Police say the pair were identified with the help of CCTV camera footage. Both were remanded in custody.

Their arrests followed armed police raids on properties in Avalon and Korokoro. Neighbours watched as the Avalon home's occupants were marched out of the house and forced to lie face down on the ground.

The 17-year-old, who has name suppression, was arrested during that raid.

"I heard them yell out, 'Open the door,' and then the guy repeated it," retired resident Lindsay Yardley said. "Then I heard `crash' and I assumed it was the door going in."

Mr Yardley said the accused's cousins came to his property after the raid asking for cigarette papers. "He said, `The cops aren't here for us, they are there for my cousin. They say he killed that fella in town."'

The 17-year-old was "very small for his age, very arrogant and drinks like a fish", Mr Yardley said.

"I've seen him staggering and drinking out on the street, shouting obscenities and completely out of control."

Grieving friends and family of Mr Cottrell wept openly during a moving service yesterday to bless the blood-stained pavement where a Combined Taxis driver found his body.

Mr Cottrell's sister, Sue Hollows, said in a statement that she was "deeply shocked and saddened that this kind and gentle man would be taken from us in such a brutal way".

Waipuka's partner, Sylvanna Robinson-Stepien, 21, broke down yesterday, saying her boyfriend was "a bit of a softie" and innocent of Mr Cottrell's brutal murder.

She described him as a kind-hearted man who loved kids and had never treated her violently.

"He has a big heart, he cries too. Most guys don't cry, they hold it in."

She said Waipuka had grown up in Masterton, attended Makoura College and played for the local Pioneer rugby team.

"He's been doing alcohol counselling and trying to get a job as well as going to the gym. He works out."

Asked if her boyfriend had committed murder, she said: "No, I don't think he's capable of doing that. He's never ever hurt me.

"He's loving and he'd do anything for me. If I'd run out of food or smokes he'd walk down and get it for me. That's how nice and caring he is."

She was at home with her mother, sister and four-year-old niece when armed police burst in on Tuesday.

"They aimed the gun at my mum. They made my niece cry, they freaked her out."

The black-clad armed offenders squad officers "ripped up" her flat as they searched for evidence. "They smashed a picture frame and they let their dog rip up my pillow. They turned the whole flat upside down."

Junior Kapene, a Black Power gang member from Masterton, said that his 17-year-old nephew suffered from a disability, which had stunted his growth.

His nephew was due to have an operation and Mr Kapene was certain he had not committed Mr Cottrell's murder.

"That's why he's not a violent person, because he knows he's got a disorder there."

He was shocked to learn his nephew had been arrested. "I was walking around in a daze because I couldn't believe it."

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/12436663/second-teen-charged-with-murder-named/

Second teen charged with murder named

The identity of a second teenager accused of murdering Wellington man Phillip Cottrell can now be disclosed.

Manuel Renera Robinson, 17, from Avalon, appeared in Wellington District Court on Thursday for a bail hearing.

His name suppression was lifted by Judge Stephen Harrop.

Robinson was granted bail under strict conditions and will be back in court on February 20.

An order preventing his image being published continues.

The teen is jointly charged with Nicho Waipuka, 19, over the death of the 43-year-old Radio New Zealand journalist.

Mr Cottrell died in hospital earlier this month, a day after being attacked on Boulcott Street in the central city as he walked home from work.
Waipuka was in court on Wednesday and is in custody before his next appearance on January 13

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=10774779

Teen accused of murder bailed

A 17-year-old youth accused of the murder of Wellington journalist Phillip Cottrell has been granted bail.

Judge Stephen Harrop suppressed the conditions of bail granted for 17-year-old Manuel Penera Robinson of Avalon at the youth's appearance in Wellington District Court this morning.

Judge Harrop lifted name suppression for the teenager earlier today.

Robinson and his co-accused, 19-year-old Nicho Waipuka, were arrested last week and charged with Cottrell's murder.

Waipuka has not applied for bail.

Cottrell died in hospital on December 11, the day after he was savagely beaten and robbed as he left work after an overnight shift at National Radio in central Wellington.

Robinson, who was dressed in a black shirt and often had his arms crossed while in the dock, was supported by friends and family in the public gallery.

They shouted "thank you'' and ``merry Christmas'' to the judge as they left the court room.

Outside court, Robinson's family said they did not wish to comment.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=10795036

cottrell_460x230.jpg

Radio New Zealand journalist Phil Cottrell.

Radio NZ journalist murder accused abandons bail bid

One of two young men accused of murdering a Wellington journalist has abandoned his bid for bail.

Nicho Waipuka, 19, is charged with murdering Phil Cottrell as the Radio New Zealand employee walked home from an overnight shift around dawn on December 10 last year.

Mr Cottrell was beaten and robbed, and died in hospital the following day.

Waipuka and fellow accused Manuel Robinson, 18, were arrested and charged with murder.

Robinson has previously been granted electronic bail on the charge but Waipuka's lawyer, Paul Paino, today said his client had abandoned his bid for bail.

Judge Bruce Davidson remanded Waipuka in custody to reappear on May 3.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/15533781/journalists-killing-a-deliberate-act/

The killing of a journalist in central Wellington was a "deliberate act of random violence" by two young men following a night of aggressive behaviour towards strangers, a court has been told.

So, they'd actually spent an entire night aggressively demanding money from strangers, rather than plan ahead and save a few dollars for their bus fare home or whatever.
And no mention of a job, or any work skills, or anything else.

In the High Court at Wellington on Monday, crown prosecutor Tom Gilbert outlined the case against Nicho Waipuka, 20, and Manuel Robinson, 18, who are accused of murdering Radio New Zealand journalist Phillip Cottrell, 43.

Mr Cottrell was found badly bashed in Boulcott Street early on December 10 last year after he was walking home following an overnight shift and the 43-year-old died in hospital the next day.

Mr Gilbert said Waipuka and Robinson had been acting aggressively towards strangers. They needed money and attacked Mr Cottrell in a "deliberate act of random violence".

Mr Cottrell, who suffered from brittle bone disease, had his skull shattered into more than 20 pieces and his left arm badly broken, Mr Gilbert said.

The crown would argue the bashing was carried out with murderous intent, or the men had an appreciation of the murderous intent, he said.

They had told lies and tried to establish alibis since the attack, he said.

Waipuka's lawyer Paul Paino said his client admitted punching Mr Cottrell in the jaw but denied kicking him. Any comments he made later about the attack were just bravado.

Robinson's lawyer Mike Antunovic said his client had nothing to do with the attack and was on the other side of the street when it happened.

The first crown witness, shuttle driver Tom Kelly, described finding Mr Cottrell on the footpath, with blood coming from behind his left ear.

"I thought 'this guy's in a bit of trouble here'."
The trial is expected to last two weeks, and the Crown is calling 68 witnesses.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Paramedic-de...ries/tabid/1697/articleID/279023/Default.aspx

Manuel-Robinson-Nicho-Waipuka-1200.jpg

cottrellkillers315.jpg

Nicho Waipuka and Manuel Robinson are accused of murdering Phillip Cottrell

The paramedic called to aid a bloodied and bruised Phillip Cottrell initially thought he had tripped over a verge and hit his head, a court has heard.

Wellington Free Ambulance paramedic Caroline Marshall is giving evidence at the trial of two men charged with murdering the Radio New Zealand journalist. She arrived at the Boulcott St scene 10 minutes after police allege Mr Cottrell was attacked.

Lower Hutt pair Manuel Robinson, 18, and Nicho Waipuka, 20, have been charged with Mr Cottrell’s murder and are on trial at the High Court in Wellington. The Crown argues the pair attacked him as he walked home from the nightshift in a “deliberate act of random violence”.

Ms Marshall says when she arrived at the scene, Mr Cottrell was lying on his side, facing downhill with his head resting on a concrete lip on the footpath.

“He wasn’t alert and orientated. There was an obvious head injury and an injury to his eye, swelling and bleeding around his left eye,” she says.

After bracing his neck and putting him on a spinal board, Mr Cottrell was put into an ambulance.

It wasn’t until Ms Marshall had examined all of Mr Cottrell’s injuries in the ambulance that she realised it was much more serious.

“I realised he hadn’t just fallen over and hit his head, I realised he had been assaulted,” she says.

“I felt the back of his head and there was a big lump – which was either a haematoma or a fractured skull.”

Mr Cottrell also had a broken arm but he had no pelvic injuries or other injuries to his legs or feet and both lungs were functional, the court heard.

Ms Marshall also says Mr Cottrell was relatively unresponsive but did rouse after a ‘sternum rub’ and blew out a nasal airway tube that she was trying to put into him.

His status was upgraded during the trip to hospital and he was put on life support upon arrival. Mr Cottrell died the following day after his family agreed to turn the life support off.

Earlier today Crown lawyers said the two men accused of murdering Mr Cottrell lied to police to distance themselves from the incident.

Crown prosecutor Tom Gilbert told the court the attack was the culmination of a number of aggressive incidents the pair were involved in the night Mr Cottrell died.

He says Waipuka and Robinson had walked the streets in the hours before the attack confronting a number of strangers and asking them ‘what the **** are you looking at?’.

[...]

The Crown alleges Robinson and Waipuka bolted from the scene to the apartment before Mr Kelly arrived. It is alleged they later went to the Wellington Railway Station to catch a train home.

It was at the station where the duo allegedly tried withdrawing money from one of Mr Cottrell’s credit cards and when that failed, they discarded it in the bathroom and threw the wallets in a rubbish bin.

When Robinson got home, he allegedly bragged about the attack to his mates, telling them about stealing someone’s wallet.

He was arrested four days later during a youth court appearance when a policeman recognised him as the man from CCTV footage that had been circulated to police. The Crown says Mr Cottrell’s business card was found in Robinson’s garage.

Mr Gilbert says when Waipuka found out about Mr Cottrell’s death, he text his girlfriend and asked her to be his alibi and later told police he was at home with her and her mother at the time of the attack.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/15557211/murder-accused-used-stolen-credit-card/

Murder accused confessed to friend: court

One of the men accused of murdering journalist Phillip Cottrell in central Wellington told a friend "I murdered that journalist in town", a court has been told.

Nicho Waipuka, 20, and Manuel Robinson, 18, deny murdering Mr Cottrell, 43, who was found bleeding in Boulcott Street on early on the morning of December 10 last year.

He died from unsurvivable brain injuries the next day.

But in the High Court at Wellington on Wednesday, the third day of their trial, Waipuka's friend Christopher Field recalled a conversation they had while drinking on the banks of the Hutt River, three days after the attack.

Mr Field said Waipuka had told him he hit Mr Cottrell twice in the head after asking him for a cigarette.

He then said Waipuka said to him "I murdered that journalist in town".

During their conversation a phone call from Waipuka's girlfriend informed them Robinson had been arrested.

Waipuka was worried Robinson would "snitch" on him, Mr Field said.

Under questioning from Waipuka's lawyer, Paul Paino, Mr Field said there was no mention of kicks or stomping.

The defence also says the pair made a number of "bravado" claims about the attack.

Waipuka says he only hit Mr Cottrell in the jaw - on Wednesday he also admitted it was an unprovoked attack - and Robinson says he was on the other side of the street at the time, but the Crown says there was murderous intent, or they appreciated Mr Cottrell could die.

The court was also told Robinson was spotted by a police officer in Youth Court three days after the attack, wearing the same clothes he wore during the morning of the attack.

Constable Megan Gouverneur said she had seen CCTV images of the two suspects.

On the following Tuesday, in Wellington Youth Court she saw Robinson, who was accompanying his cousin, wearing the same black Everlast sweatshirt and blue baseball cap.

She went over and started talking to them, and Robinson gave her his name and address, although he appeared to be a bit nervous, she said.

Homicide officers were called to the court and took Robinson back to the station where he was interviewed and later charged with assault. Waipuka was arrested the next day.

Police searched his home in Lower Hutt where they found Mr Cottrell's contact card.

Earlier, the court was told how Waipuka was recorded trying to get $600 from a cash machine at Wellington Railway Station using Mr Cottrell's credit card on the morning following the attack. The card was later found in the men's toilets.

This was deliberate murder for money and kicks by those half-breed Maories. The fact is the only 'remorse' they had was being caught, not killing the poor white man. I could not call these two rock-apes 'men' at all. The sad part is that we coddle them rather than take them to task as we should.
Those scum should not have ever even been born. They were born of miscegany and that is a crime against Nature itself. Often when a Greater and lesser race mix, the resulting offspring will have a negative hybrid vigor. That is they will have the worst traits of both parents, both physical and mental. This especially occurs in unnatural crosses by Amerindians and niggers.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/15601662/murder-accused-bragged-about-attack/

Murder accused bragged about attack

Murder accused Nicho Waipuka showed off his punching ability as he bragged about the fatal attack on Wellington journalist Phillip Cottrell, a court has been told.

On Tuesday in the High Court at Wellington, witness Melissa Rutene recounted how Waipuka, 20, and her friend Manuel Robinson, 18, had gone to her apartment on The Terrace following the Boulcott Street attack on Mr Cottrell, 43, on the morning of December 10 last year.

Mr Cottrell, who suffered from a brittle bone condition, was walking home from an overnight shift at Radio New Zealand.

Waipuka and Robinson both deny murdering Mr Cottrell, who suffered a shattered skull and died in hospital the following day.

The Crown says both men were involved in punching and kicking Mr Cottrell and his injuries were not just from his fall.

Ms Rutene said Waipuka, whom she had met for the first time that night, demonstrated his "hard" attacking punch about four times. The last time he added in a kick, but did not say he had actually kicked Mr Cottrell.

She agreed, under cross examination, that Waipuka appeared to be bragging and that he may have been drunk.

She said Waipuka had a wallet and refused to give Robinson any of the $80 because he hadn't taken part in the attack.

Robinson also told her he had done nothing to Mr Cottrell, she said.

The next day he looked shocked when he learned Mr Cottrell had died.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news...ectid=10774779

Teen accused of murder bailed

A 17-year-old youth accused of the murder of Wellington journalist Phillip Cottrell has been granted bail.

Judge Stephen Harrop suppressed the conditions of bail granted for 17-year-old Manuel Penera Robinson of Avalon at the youth's appearance in Wellington District Court this morning.
Unquote

joo regime owned media with in vicious control freak dung miners and race traitor brain washed, weak minded women is the ingredients for chaos to rein supreme. Then in the near future IMO White's of N.W. will be living as fearful as Whites did in the 1930's USSR and now the rest of the West today.

N.Z. White's IMO should start to have serious talks and private meetings if they care about family and any future. IMO if there is just 10% of N.Z. White's who clearly understand the problem they should unify politically ASAP, and stand fast for a free N.Z.

Golden Dawn New Zealand ? Or alien rule ?

The more obsessively a state watches, the greater the dangers it perceives. Suspicions of enemies at home and abroad become more extreme, even self-fulfilling. Balance and perspective are lost. Indeed such a state is likely as a consequence to misconceive or misunderstand the scale of any real threat it faces, Seismic political change - in the form of wars, invasions, coups, popular uprisings - has happened throughout history right under the noses of those who should have seen it coming but did not : those who were paid to watch, and who sometimes built great bureaucratic systems to do so. Such bureaucracies, especially in the twentieth century, very often became self-justifying, cumbersome and sclerotic, strangely distance from the world around them. In those rare cases where state have managed to destroy their opponents by repression, they have often destroyed also the foundations of a healthy and vital body politic, and been consumed by a destructive institutional paranoia. rational behavior has little to do with any of this. Reason, after all, so rarely governs politics. This is particularly the case for government nervously fingering the hair trigger of emergency.

A danger to any state is the powerful and often circular logic of conspiracy, It is pronounced when fear translates into a sense of feeling of national vulnerability, something very dangerous when it is institutionalized by any government that possesses the coercive means to make its will felt. This is especially true of countries where a narrow is isolated governing elite puts its own political survival before everything else, and where the instruments of the modern state can by used to subdue opposition at home or even abroad. These elites tend to see as identical their self-interest as a governing group and the welfare of the public body. They invest in propaganda. They feel beset by their enemies. We see regimes like this governing today.

Written by Stephen Alford

We don't have that many yet. We might be struggling to find 10 White New Zealanders.

Oh, there's lots of whites in the 'Kwa, but very few Whites as of yet. Some whites are beginning to wake up in that they are buying more guns and ammo ever since the ZOG-created Connecticut Massacre. To me that's the 'Kwan/jewish version of the Boston Massacre of 1770.

:mad::barf4:

Journo killer let off days before bashing

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/16148536/journo-killer-let-off-days-before-bashing/

A District Court judge let teenaged criminal Nicho Waipuka walk free just days before he bashed journalist Phillip Cottrell to death on a central Wellington street, a High Court judge has revealed.

Waipuka, now 20, was sentenced to nearly 13 years' imprisonment for Mr Cottrell's manslaughter when he appeared in the High Court at Wellington on Friday.

Justice Forrest Miller imposed a minimum non-parole period of eight years and six months.

Waipuka and co-accused Manuel Robinson, 18, had been charged with murder, but a jury found Waipuka guilty of the lesser charge in December, following a two-week trial, while Robinson was acquitted.

Mr Cottrell was attacked on December 10, 2011, while walking home from an overnight shift at Radio New Zealand.

He was found in a pool of blood on Boulcott Street and his skull had been fractured in 20 places.

The English-born journalist suffered from a brittle bone condition and he died from his injuries in hospital the next day.

Sentencing Waipuka, Justice Miller revealed that he had 24 prior convictions.

Just 17 days before Mr Cottrell was attacked, a District Court judge sentencing Waipuka on a raft of charges, including threatening to kill, gave him a "last chance" to avoid jail, handing down a sentence of intensive supervision.

Outside court on Friday, Mr Cottrell's sister Susan Hollows and her husband Keith said Mr Cottrell would still be alive if the earlier judge had jailed Waipuka.

They had been unaware of Waipuka's intensive supervision sentence until about half an hour before Friday's court appearance.

"That was like an earthquake," Mr Hollows said.

"That decision by the judge - maybe he should have put him away and Phil would be here. People already knew what he was like, he was just given a chance one too many.

"If [Waipuka's associate] had said to them `look, stay in the apartment while we go out' that night ... it wouldn't have happened. There are so many little things ... It's all these twists of fate."

Mrs Hollows said Waipuka's lengthy sentence brought some comfort over her brother's death.

"Nothing was ever going to be enough for us. With the verdict that was given, we feel like the jury gave two angry thugs the benefit of the doubt rather than giving justice for an innocent man. But Justice Miller's done the best for us that he possibly could in these situations and we're really, really grateful for that."

She described her brother as "one of life's gentlemen".

"He was a good, caring thoughtful human being, highly intelligent, loved by so many people and it's a massive loss to the world that he's gone."
Waipuka's supporters avoided media as they left the court, but said he will appeal his sentence.

Back