Screwy Louie begs fo reparations

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Nation of Islam chief makes televised case for slave reparations

NORFOLK --In the trans-Atlantic slave trade centuries ago, men and women were forced onto ships and put below deck in places that were hot, barely long enough for a person to stretch out and not high enough for anyone to sit up.

Many died of sickness and suffered from disease.

Once on American shores, the survivors were beaten until their skin peeled away, women were raped and their children sold.

Minister Louis Farrakhan , of the Nation of Islam recounted those horrors Sunday during a speech about r
parations for descendants of slaves. His speech, broadcast from Chicago, was aired around the world .

A crowd at Norfolk State University's L. Douglas Wilder Performing Arts Center , which organizer

s es
timated at 1,100 people, watched the
speech live via satellite.

The children of murderous fathers must prove they're different from their ancestors, Farrakhan said, challenging white Americans and Europeans to have the courage to right the wrong.

In a speech that incorporated spirituality and politics, Farrakhan acknowledged that he would make many people uncomfortable.

He criticized government and religious leaders for not caring enough to repair the cultural and economic damage caused by slavery.

He encouraged black people to learn about their tragic yet rich history. Such knowledge, Farrakhan said, would prevent black people from settling for less than they deserve in an effort to avoid more conflict between races.

In Norfolk, some of the crowd said they
came to learn and to be inspired and that they enjoyed the message.

Clayton Marquez said people must atone for past wrongs, and others should learn their history. He said, " agree with every
thin
g the minis
ter said.

Jibril Rashad said F
arrakhan's message was a challenge to J*ws, Muslims and Christians to work together. "t's basically about how we can unify all the major faiths, he said.

Black people need to understand what reparations really mean, said Roland Parson , who said he has been studying Farrakhan's teachings for 20 years. It's not about money, he said, but it's about providing education and opportunities.

Give us something so we can get back to loving each other the way we're supposed to, Parson said.

In his speech, Farrakhan said that love can be difficult to achieve, as black people heal from wounds that are still present from a period that lasted 400 years.

Perhaps out of apathy, many government and spiritual leaders don't care about the i
njustices of their forefathers, Farrakhan said. Today, he said, many don't believe they have a part in repairing the damage caused to a race of people.

But, he said, they do have an o
bligatio
n.

The rich
es from the crops those Afric
ans raised ' cotton, sugar, tobacco, indigo ' sparked capitalism and the industrial revolution, and funded banks that still control much of the world's finances. That slave trade offered many white people the wealth and influence they enjoy today in politics and education, Farrakhan said.

Europe and the United States owe black people education and a fair chance at economic development. And, he said, those opportunities shouldn't be limited to just blacks in ce tain income levels or locations, but to blacks everywhere.

White people today may not have committed the crime, Farrakhan said, but they must engage in a dialogue about reparations.

Are you, the present generation of whites any better than your fathers? he asked. You did
n't do it, but the responsibility to correct it is on your shoulders.

F**k you, n-gger! If the government gives n-ggers reparations, you will see n-g
ger blood in
the streets up to your kne
ees.

T.N.B.

When slaves were brought to America on jew owned ships

Farrakhan was not there ( too bad)

Most slaves were very well treated as one would

treat a fine horse or automobile.

Most slave owners respected their investments and

provided comfortable housing and medical care,

plentiful and healthy food and recreation.

Historic facts, ma'm.

Even the BLACK SLAVE OWNERS usually treated slaves
with proper concern.

Even the JEWISH SLAVE OWNERS took fairly good care of
their property.

The stories that the jew reconstructionist propaganda masters

have spread are the EXCEPTIONS !!

Don t let the
make u believe that BS.

Calypso Louie and his jammin' band , he has always been a showman !

If his band had been more successful, he would not have become

MINISTER Farrak

ahn<
br>
One way or another he has to earn to pay for his fine duds ! B)

Screwy Louie.

Sophia

Who has a long memory

This extortion-type proposal has been heard from several other negroes-by-profession before, and it differs from a Noo Yawk street hustle, only in scale.

What was/would have been the life expectancy of negroes back in voodooland? How was their standard of living worse in America than in Africa?

Deduct from any imaginary "reparations sum," the cost to the USA of negro crime, vandalism, welfare (in many categories and forms). Hey, wait a sec', I think these nigs owe us money!

I always considered that American prosperity was based upon the expertise, initiative, and inventiveness of Whites. If blacks had either of these characteristics, why has no country
n which they predominate emerged from backwardness (must be whitey's fault).

Saw an interesting bumper sticker (suggest keeping it in your garage), which said, "If I had known this, I'd h

ave
picked my own cotton." Just consider the
implications.

In any case, I'll favor paying these hustlers when the King of Saxony pays me for "religious persecution," centuries ago, back in Deutschland! ;)

There may be an additional lesson for those "entrepreneurs" who hire lots of illegal latrinos, enhancing their personal prosperity while dumping the costs on the taxpayers. And that's not the worst of it--just wait till the invaders are dating their daughters and stealing their SUVs.

Back