Rosie O'Donnell disses negroes

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Rosie Slammed for Race Comments

O'Donnell got into a argument with co-host Star Jones over what she called the unfairness of Martha Stewart's conviction in the face of O.J. Simpson and Jayson Williams going free.

"We got a lot of angry mail from across the country," Jones said yesteday, the day after her run-in. "You should see the mail that had to do with race."

And at least one community group in Philadelphia is demanding O'Donnell apologize.

"Black people have so few role models," O'Donnell ranted. "They said
'You know what? I don't care. You're not taking [Simpson and Williams]," O'Donnell said in drawing comparisons to Stewart's conviction.

"I'm fuming," s
aid
Asa Khalif, founding president of the Philadelphia-based organization Racial Unity USA, which promotes diversity.

"How dar
e she say [Simpson and Williams] -- who the majority of the African-American community does not support at all -- are role models.

"For her to say that is a slap in the face of those individuals in the African-American community who have supported her.

"We're asking her to apologize about what she said," Khalif said.

"I'm not even going to dignify that with a comment," sniffed O'Donnell's publicist, Cindy Berger.

STFU n-ggers and go back to Afreaka.

T.N.B.

Back