Preacher spook charged with death of child

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

2435430_120X90.jpg

Photo from front page of WISN

Trial Begins For Preacher Accused In Boy's Death

MILWAUKEE -- The trial began Tuesday for a Milwaukee preacher accused in the suffucation death an autistic child during a religious ceremony.

Ray Hemphill is charged with felony abuse of a child.

Authorities said 8-year-old Terrance Cottrell Jr., died when Hemphill pinned him down <b
while trying to release demons [/b]in his Faith Temple Church of the Apostolic Faith last summer.

Prosecutors call it an "exorcism," but Hemphill's attorney said it was a "pray

er service."

Hemphill is not an ordained minister, and church leaders said he was not sanctioned to cast out devils.

In an exc
lusive interview with 12 News, the little boy's father said he fears Hemphill is going to get away with murder.

"It was child abuse, but it caused death. So why not add that to it? Cause I don't think this man should just get away with a slap on the wrist," Terrance Cottrell said.

"Sometimes bad things happen. That doesn't mean there's a crime involved. That's what happened in this case," Hemphill's attorney, James Kachelski, said last September.

The medical examiner ruled homicide by suffocation, but the district attorney said he can't win a conviction with that charge in court.

The least you can do is revoke his witch doctor's license.

T.N.B.

3511759_200X150.jpg

Jurors Find Preacher Guilty Of Child Abuse In Boy's Death

MILWAUKEE -- Jurors found a Milwaukee preacher guilty of abuse in death of 8-year-old autistic boy.

Ray Anthony Hemphill was charged with felony abuse of a child-recklessly causing great bodily harm for Terrance Cottrell Jr.'s death in a ritual at Faith Temple Church in Milwaukee last August.

Authorities said the boy died when Hemphill laid across the child during an exorcism.

Defense att
rney Tom Harris told jurors Friday it was a combination of drugs in the boy's system that caused his death, not Hemphill.

During closing arguments, prosecutor Mark Williams said Hemphill knew
r
he was hurting the boy because the child was struggling to break free. Williams said Hemphill simply didnt care.

The medical examiner ruled the boy died of suffocation.

Hemphill did not take the stand during the trial.

He could get a maximum penalty of five years in prison and five years of extended supervision.

FIVE YEARS? A n-gger boy's life isn't worth much.

T.N.B.

Originally posted by Tyrone N. Butts@Jul 10 2004, 05:30 AM

Authorities said the boy died when Hemphill laid across the child during an exorcism.

Ge Me that Ol' time coooooon religon!

Perhaps this anointed preacher should get some assistants like some
f the 400 pound plus wilda beast looking coon womens I see in these parts to help him lie on the childrens!

Either kill 'en or drive the devil out of 'em - that's what I say.

Originally posted by Buster+Jul 11 2004, 03:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buster @ Jul 11 2004, 03:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tyrone N. Butts@Jul 10 2004, 05:30 AM

Ge Me that Ol' time coooooon religon!

Perhaps this anointed pr

eacher should get some assistants like some of the 400 pound plus wilda beast looking coon womens I see in these parts to help him lie on the childrens!

Either kill 'en or drive the devil out of 'em - that's what I say. [/b][/quote]
54171721.jpg

I've got him covered.

T.N.B.

Hi Tyrone,

Thanks for the photo - evidently help is on the way!

Until them jigaboo feminine charmers fatten up with ribs, pies and other goodies, that food stamps will supply - what they carry on their heads will add some weight to help them exorcise the devil out of those fine black chillens!

2435430.jpg
3511759.jpg

Milwaukee Preacher Gets Sentence For Exorcism

MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee pastor was given a 2â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡½ year prison sentence in an exorcism that caused the death of an 8-year-old Milwaukee boy.

Prosecutors say Ray Hemphill laid on Terrance Cottrell's chest for at least an hour while trying to release "demons" from him, before the boy died last August.<b
>
A Milwaukee County jury found Hemphill guilty of felony child abuse in the death of Cottrell, who was autistic.

Judge Jean DiMotto also sentenced Hemphill to 7â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡½ years of extended supervision.<

br>
Hemphill also has to pay $1,200 in restitution, and the judge ordered him not perform any exorcisms unless h
e receives extensive training.

"You call it an accident, but it was your unreasonable and wreckless conduct that caused this child to die," DiMotto said.

Cottrell died at Hemphill's storefront church in Milwaukee.

"I'm hurt, and I'm sorry for Cottrell's family that thing happened, but I mean, it just happened," Hemphill's brother, David Hemphill said.

Oogabooga, oogaboogaboo!

T.N.B.

Back