Ookland A Mudflap Maxwell made up story about service refusal over anthem protest

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...bout-service-refusal-over-anthem-protest.html

10/25/17
Waiter: MLB catcher Bruce Maxwell made up story about service refusal over anthem protest

ba6ea2f240fe4a2927092f465238b663

Oakland A’s catcher Bruce Maxwell, 26, claimed this week that a waiter in his Alabama hometown of Huntsville refused him service after identifying him as the MLB player who took the knee during “The Star Spangled Banner” last month — only the waiter has a very different version of events and he told Fox News that was far from what went down.

“He is outright lying. This is really upsetting as he was given full service, I didn’t even know who Bruce Maxwell was,” Matt Henry, a 42-year-old waiter at Keegan’s Public House
, told Fox News. “This all started because I carded his friend who wanted to order a beer.”

According to Henry, an Alabama native, Maxwell was dining with local Democratic councilman Devyn Keith and another friend who produced an expired ID, and the server refused to serve him a drink — which upset the friend, who followed him into the kitchen.

1508957496032.jpg

“He asked me, 'Don’t you know who Bruce Maxwell is?', and told me I was making everyone feel uncomfortable. Nobody was even paying attention to them,” Henry claimed.

“I didn’t know anything about him or the kneeling. All I know is a friend of mine 15 years ago lost his job for serving someone a drink who happened to be underage, so if anyone looks under 30, I’m going to card them.”

The waiter said that the councilman then complained to the restaurant’s manager about Maxwell being uncomfortable, and the manager simply swapped me to another table, and that it was “no big deal.”

The restaurant manager on duty that day, Anne Whalen — who requested the restaurant name not be used without permission from the owner — also told Fox News that Maxwell’s story being portrayed in the media could not be further from the truth.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...her-bruce-maxwell-arrested-at-scottsdale-home

Oakland A's catcher, Bruce Maxwell, arrested at Scottsdale home
6:36 AM, Oct 29, 2017

poster_378172983ff643ac864960cd31cb34f4_70059258_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

SCOTTSDALE, AZ - Oakland A's catcher, Bruce Maxwell, is in police custody after being arrested at his Scottsdale home Saturday night.

Police told ABC15, they were called to Maxwell's home after a female food delivery worker told them he pointed a gun at her.

Maxwell was booked on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Scottsdale police said he was still in custody as of Sunday morning, awaiting his initial court appearance in front of a judge.

local Democratic councilman Devyn Keith

BLACK: Huntsville City Council member Devyn Keith pleads not guilty to theft charges, (shoplifting $491.13 of food & headphones at Walmart)​

Devyn Keith
63e5d29b36bc7.image.png

Huntsville City Council Member Devyn Keith

Huntsville City Council member Devyn Keith officially has pleaded not guilty to four misdemeanor theft charges.

In court documents filed Monday, Keith also gave up his option to have an arraignment.

Keith was arrested Feb 2 and Feb. 8 on theft charges related to four shoplifting incidents at three Huntsville Walmart stores.

According to court records, Keith is accused of taking:

Groceries and other items valued at $129.28 from the Walmart on University Drive on Nov. 14, 2022;

Groceries and other items valued at $169.60 from the Walmart on Sparkman Drive on Nov. 15, 2022;

Groceries and other items valued at $169.58 from the Walmart on Memorial Parkway on Dec. 28, 2022; and

Headphones valued at $22.67 from the Walmart on University Drive on Feb. 2. Keith was arrested at the store during this incident.

That’s a grand total of $491.13 in merchandise.

Council President John Meredith later removed Keith as leader of the group’s Finance Committee.

Back