Mr Butts blows away would be robber Keston

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Potential robber shot by storeowner

JONESBORO, Ga. (AP) -- A would-be robber was injured and later arrested after being shot by the owner of a store he intended to hold up, authorities said.

The incident began Tuesday morning when an armed man -- who police identified as Keston Scott -- entered John's Discount Store.

"He said 'give me the money,"' said the store's owner Zulfiqar "John" Butts. "I said wait a minute, I have a gun too."

When the man crouched down as if preparing to fire, Butts said he pulled out his .357 Magnum and fired three shots, hitting the man at least once. The robber escaped, leaving behind his 9mm handgun, and fled in a waiting car.

Police later arre

sted Scott, 22, at a hospital, Jonesboro police Sgt. Wayne Woods said.

"He had somebody drop him off at the hospital," Woods
said.

Scott has been charged with criminal attempt at an armed robbery, aggravated assault and possession of a firearm in commission of a crime. He was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon and taken to the Clayton County jail.

Butts has been robbed three times in the past five years, Woods said. Woods said he would not advise other store owners to do what Butts did.

But Butts had no regrets.

"It was just easy," Butts said. "You have no choice when you see someone has a gun and they're going to kill you."

Congratulations Mr. Butts, nice shooting! But I'm sorry to hear about your nigger problem down at da likkka sto'.
:clap:

T.N.B.

Back