Mestizo's and white "putita" assault/rob elderly

White Boy

Registered

http://www.nbc5.com/news/5354406/detail.html

Elderly Residents Assaulted, Robbed In Similar Incidents
Police: 'Same Crew' Responsible For Both Home Invasions

POSTED: 8:50 am CST November 18, 2005
UPDATED: 9:44 am CST November 18, 2005

CHICAGO -- Police on Friday were investigating two Northwest Side home invasions of apartments where elderly people lived, and said the "same crew" probably was involved.

Homes at 4854 North Linder Ave. and 5950 West Higgins Ave. were robbed at 1 p.m. and at 2 p.m. Thursday, both in the Portage Park neighborhood, police News Affairs Officer Kristina Schuler said.

The victims were ages 84 and 94.

"We believe the same crew broke into the homes on North Linder Avenue and West Higgins Avenue," Grand Central Sergeant Scott Ruiz s

aid.

In each of the crimes, the victim answered a knock on the door and then was eith
er be punched or pushed down by the robbers, Schuler said.

The two home invasions on Thursday were blocks apart and occurred at around the same time, Schuler said.

Police described the robbers as two Hispanic men and a white woman with long, blonde hair.
Ruiz said he was not surprised the victims were elderly.

"They come from a generation when people left their doors open and trusted one another, " he said.

At the Linder Avenue address, the robbers knocked on the door of an apartment and said they worked for the building management, then forced their way into an 84-year-old woman's home.

A dark purple bruise on her lower lip marked the spot where a thief punched the woman in the face when she answered her door.

"When I told them to leave, so he grabbed me ... and he punched me and he said, 'If you ever say another word, you'll
be
dead
, unless we find some money," said the victim, who did not want to be identified.

The woman has a heart condition, and the robbers
not only took her cash, but her pain medicine.

"I would forewarn everyone: do not open the door under any circumstances," she said. "Call the police if you're not expecting anybody."

The trio were seen fleeing in what witnesses said was a black vehicle.

About an hour later, robbers knocked on the door at the Higgins Avenue address and asked about an apartment for rent in the building, then entered and pushed a 94-year-old man to the floor, Schuler said.

"(There was) a man holding my grandpa down and two other people were searching the house," said Matteo Oliveri, the victim's grandson. "It's a mess. I can't believe it."

The thieves stole an unknown amount of cash and fled the scene in what witnesses said was a white vehicle.

Grand Central Area detectives are
invest
igating
the crimes.

Back