Men are happy for women to propose

B

BB-Leo

Men are happy for women to propose

374503-isabelle-silbery.jpg

July 18, 2011

ONE in five women say they would propose if their man was dragging his feet - and it may well pay off.

A survey has found 57 per cent of blokes would be happy for their ladies to be the ones to put their heart on the line.
But 20 per cent of men would be outraged if their girlfriend proposed, the poll of 1032 people says.
The Australian Women's Health magazine poll revealed women preferred tradition, with 58 per cent saying proposals were a man's domain.
Twenty per cent of women would pop the question because their "future is at stake", while a further 20 per cent had considered it.
As for men, 16 per cent said the woman had the right to make a call if she had been waiting for years.
Newlywed Isabelle Silbery, who married on Anzac Day, was more fortunate than most. Her proposal of marriage involved two males: the groom, Craig, and his Italian greyhound, Brian.
Craig proposed with a ring tied to Brian's collar at the Caulfield park where they met in 2009 walking their dogs.
"I did a lot of nagging and hinting, and kind of tried unofficially, saying, so, will you marry me, but he said, 'Don't take that away from me'," she said.
"It's nice for a man to take control. There's not a lot of romance in this generation, so it's nice to keep that tradition."
Australian Women's Health editor Felicity Harley said the results should encourage women who feared rejection.

Back