'I'll...kill you' 18-year-old colored boy charged in armed robbery of realtor in Nashville

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
https://fox17.com/news/local/18-yea...e-alert-tennessee-real-state-homes-porter-ave

'I'll...kill you' 18-year-old charged in armed robbery of realtor in East Nashville

Tuesday, July 27th 2021

aca7e68b-78ce-4e33-8ee4-346a75881fe5-large16x9_mnpdsuspectCopy.PNG

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Metro Police said an 18-year-old has been charged in an armed robbery of a realtor in East Nashville last week.

Deontaye Gooch-Blacksmith, 18, turned himself in on Tuesday morning. He's being charged with aggravated robbery and having a weapon during a dangerous felony.

According to an affidavit, a realtor was trying to open a lockbox along Porter Road in order to show a client. That's when the realtor says he was approached by a young man with a gun.

"I'll shoot you. I'll f***ing kill you," the gunman told the realtor.

The realtor apparently threw his phone and keys in a nearby bush when the gunman told him to "start running." The realtor took shelter behind some vehicles and saw his Rav4 being driven away.

Officers said Gooch-Blacksmith has been involved in seven robberies and several aggravated assaults, including an arrest in 2019 in a carjacking.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/16-year-o...cle_a3948a4a-f26d-11eb-a756-1fec79ab1a08.html

16-year-old arrested for 2 violent gun crimes against women in Nashville

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - MNPD detectives arrested a teenager for two violent gun crimes on Friday night, including last Saturday’s shooting of a woman in her car.

Police said 16-year-old Rapheal Gooch was arrested for shooting a 58-year-old woman in her car after trying to stop her near the intersection of Bronte & Litton Avenues. The woman drove around Gooch during the altercation when he fired a shot into her. She is continuing to recover.

In the carjacking case on July 23rd, two women were leaving their apartment when Police said Gooch is suspected to have put his gun to the head of the driver and demanded they get out and leave the keys in the car.

Police said Gooch is being charged in Juvenile Court with aggravated robbery and assault in both cases.

Gooch's 18-year-old brother Deontaye Gooch-Blacksmith is also being charged in relation to the robbery of the two women leaving their apartment.

Back