hardworking Hip Hop Nation hispanic dives for

1791494_BG2.jpg

1791494_BG1.jpg

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=...94&nav=168XMMN0

Car Stolen with Baby Inside
Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

(April 16) -- An 18-month-old child is safe after being left in a running car that was stolen. Eyewitness News was first to bring you the story. The ordeal began around 9:30 Friday morning when
police received a report of a stolen Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The vehicle was taken from a Chevron station on S. Decatur near US-95. Police found it about 50 yards away in a parking lot next to the side

of
a building. The child is fine but his father could face criminal charges.

Angelo Rosa, child's father: "I did not think about taking him ou
t because it was going to be a quick ordeal."

Angelo Rosa ran into the gas station to pick up a newspaper. Rosa needed to get a job and wanted the paper for the classifieds. He left 18-month-old Angelo the 4th in the child safety seat with the car engine running.

Angelo Rosa: "I was in there for like three minutes. I came out and the car was gone."

So was little Angelo. Rosa called 911. Police quickly responded to search for the boy and SUV. After 10 minutes officers located the jeep about 50 yards from the gas station. It was left in a parking lo
t of a building next door.

Angelo Rosa: "That's all I could think about, not the car because that is material, my son. That's all I thought about. I'm glad that he's
saf
e an
d that the
police -- they jumped real quick."

Even with the recovery, police say what Rosa did was a crime.

Sgt. Toby Tobiasson, Metro Police, said: "It's unlawful to leave your vehicle unattended, especially to leave your vehicl
e unattended with your child in the car."

Sgt. Tobiasson gave Rosa a citation for leaving his keys in the car. Officers say all of the information gathered Friday will be sent to the District Attorney's office for possible child endangerment and neglect charges. This is a lesson Rosa says he learned the hard way.

Angelo Rosa: "It was kind of my fault. I jumped out and left him in there with the car running. Someone seen that and took advantage of that."

Back