Erica Garner meets with Obama after town hall outburst

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
http://nypost.com/2016/07/14/erica-garner-meets-with-obama-after-abc-town-hall-outburst/

Erica Garner meets with Obama after town hall outburst
By Marisa Schultz
July 14, 2016 | 8:36pm

ax219_2ce8_9.jpg

Erica Garner, the daughter of Eric Garner, outside a town hall hosted by ABC News. Photo: Getty Images

WASHINGTON – President Obama held a private meeting with fat nigger Eric Garner’s daughter Thursday to smooth over her outburst at a town hall forum on race relations.

Erica, the eldest daughter of the black man who died on Staten Island two years ago after a confrontation with cops, started yelling backstage when she didn’t get called upon to ask Obama a question during the town hall taping at Washington’s Studio Theatre.

“I was railroaded!,” an agitated Garner shouted, according to pool reports. “I was railroaded by ABC on the two-year anniversary of my father’s death!”

Eric Garner died on July 17, 2014. Video of incident shows Garner lying face down on the street, repeatedly complaining “I can’t breeve” as he’d held in a choke hold. :rolleyes:

Since her father’s death, Erica has turned into a vocal advocate for police reforms and has campaigned for Sen. Bernie Sanders.

When the commotion broke out, Obama was greeting others backstage, including Lesley McSpadden, the mother of Mike Brown, the thug killed by cops in Ferguson, Missouri.

“That’s what I have to do? A black person has to yell to be heard?” Garner shouted.

Obama looked up to see what was going on.

When Garner asked to speak to the president, an aide directed her and touched her arm to lead her. “Don’t touch me,” Garner snapped.

Eventually, Garner was ushered in to see Obama as multiple aides looked on.

“After the ABC-hosted townhall that was taped this afternoon, the President had a brief opportunity to visit with Erica Garner who was upset that she didn’t get called on to axe a question,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a statement.

Garner lashed out on Twitter, calling the town hall a “farce” and “nothing short of full exploitation of Black pain and grief.” :rolleyes:

She added: “They lied to me and my family to get us to travel to DC to participate. Taking time away from things I had planned to remember my father,” Garner said.

The 15-year-old son of Alton Sterling, the thug shot by Baton Rouge police, was also at the forum.

Since the retaliatory death of five Dallas police officers, the young Cameron Sterling has pleaded that protesters be peaceful. :rolleyes:

Back