Disabled White Vietnam vet pushed out of wheelchair then stolen in Stockton by negros

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
http://www.kcra.com/news/disabled-vietnam-vet-has-wheelchair-stolen-in-stockton/35855076

Disabled Vietnam vet has wheelchair stolen in Stockton
George Miranda says he was pushed out of wheelchair before it was stolen

Published 6:24 AM PDT Oct 15, 2015

img-Disabled-Stockton-man-robbed-of-his-wheelchair.jpg

STOCKTON, Calif. (KCRA) —Two men confronted a 65-year-old disabled man for money Wednesday afternoon in Stockton, only to steal his wheelchair.

George Miranda was out near Park Street and Airport Way around 12:30 pm, when he was approached by two men.

"...He asked me, 'Hey can you buy me a beer?', and I said, 'No, I don't have no money'… and that's when he pushed me out of my wheelchair and just took off with my wheelchair," Miranda said.

Miranda severely injured his left leg four years ago, and said all the tendons are gone.

"I can barely move it on its own…I have to use my hand to pick it up," said Miranda.

He said he can't get around unless it's with a wheelchair. A crutch only helps him travel for only one block.

Miranda said the wheelchair disappeared as quickly as the man who stole it.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do," he said.

Miranda has been living with his wife and dog in a small room at the Crest Motel for the last 6 months. The couple shares the wheelchair.

With money being tight, a new wheelchair is out of the question for now. The one he lost was donated.

Miranda said the wheelchair was light blue in color, with blue armrests and a small tear on the top.

The brazen crime has baffled many in this community, including Sandra Billingsley.

"Stuff like that is uncalled for, you know what I mean. The person's old, he's helpless," Billingsley said.

Now Stockton police need the community's help finding the person responsible.

"That suspect was described as a black man in his 30s, wearing a black baseball hat and a blue sweatshirt," Stockton police spokesman Joe Silva aid.

Back