Daughter allegedly beats mom to death with pan then makes chilling admission on 911 call: sources

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Daughter allegedly beats mom to death with pan then makes chilling admission on 911 call: sources​

By
Social Links for Kevin Sheehan ,
Social Links for Joe Marino and
Social Links for Amanda Woods

Published March 25, 2024, 7:06 p.m. ET

A Bronx woman beat her mother to death with a cooking pot then called 911 to eerily confess to the brutal killing, sources and shocked family members said.

Skydajah Patterson, 26, had recently been released from a mental health treatment facility when she allegedly bludgeoned 46-year-old Selma Mclean inside their apartment in NYCHA’s President Adams Houses in the Bronx on Monday at 3:40 a.m., cops and sources said.

She then told an emergency operator “I just killed my mom” as authorities were called to the apartment where they later found Mclean unconscious and unresponsive with trauma to her face and head, sources said.

Selma McClean is seen in an undated Facebook photo confirmed by family members. McClean was killed, allegedly by her daughter Skydajah Patterson, inside their Bronx apartment. 5
Selma Mclean, 46, suffered trauma to the face and head in the brutal attack. Facebook/Jada McClean
When cops responded to the third-floor unit, the younger woman was allegedly found still clutching the blood-covered pot, sources said.

She allegedly admitted to using the kitchen ware to hit her mother on the back of her head, knocking her unconscious, the sources said.

The older woman was pronounced dead at the scene, cops said.

Her daughter was taken into custody, but did not face any charges by the late afternoon, cops said.

Skydajah Patterson is seen in an undated Facebook photo confirmed by family members. Patterson allegedly killed her mother Jada Mclean with a cooking pot inside their Bronx apartment. 5
Skydajah Patterson, 26, allegedly used a frying pan to fatally bludgeon her mom, sources said. Facebook/Skydajah Patterson
Mclean’s goddaughter Danaeyah Reynolds, 26, told The Post that her godmother had been texting her shortly before the brutal murder – saying that she was afraid of Skydajah, who had just recently been released from a psych ward.

“She was in a psych ward in February until last week,” Reynolds said. “She started hearing voices and started speaking in a man’s voice last night. My godmother said she was afraid. Jamilla said she was scared because Skydajah was saying that the voices in her head were telling her that [my godmother] was dangerous.

“When I got here I looked in and I could see blood on the couch,” she added. “They say it was too late to resuscitate her.

“I opened the door and just saw blood.”

Back