Beauty contest's a cover-up

B

BB-Leo

:sorry:

MY CAT IS BETTER LOOKING THAN HER

445745-steph.jpg

Beauty contest's a cover-up

June 26, 2011

WHEN it comes to the Miss Pin-Up Australia contest, it's not about the amount of skin on show.

No, it's more about the glint in your eye.

Stephanie Osborn, aka Miss Tallulah Rand, is one of only two South Australian entrants in the national competition.

The Miss Pin-Up contest places an emphasis on 1950's style glamour and celebrating "old-fashioned" values.

"You don't need to bare all to be beautiful. Even the best body is even better left to the imagination, and that beauty comes from within," Stephanie says.

"It's about embracing your flaws, and enhancing your assets. Dressing for your shape, and not according to the dictates of a fashion magazine."

The curvaceous Stephanie, 24, is entered in the Miss VaVa Voom category of the competition, which features women over a modern dress size 14.

"You can be beautiful regardless of your size, age and shape, provided you've got grace and good humour," she says.

Stephanie says the 1950s sub-culture has been revived in recent years in Adelaide.

"I was raised on Happy Days and doo-wop music, it's a very important part of my life.

"There's definitely a scene for it here.

"I think it'd be great to see more Adelaide girls involved (in the competition)," she says.

Organisers of the national event have extended the cut-off date for entries to July 31, with the competition set to be held early next year.​
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport.../story-e6frecj3-1226082448146?from=public_rss

Back