‘We Want to Offer Sharia Law to Britain’

vorlos

Junior News Editor
’We Want to Offer Sharia Law to Britain’

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2008/01/we_want_to_offe.php

Clare Dwyer Hogg and Jonathan Wynne-Jones, London Telegraph, January 20, 2008

Islamic courts meet every week in the UK to rule on divorces and financial disputes. Clare Dwyer Hogg and Jonathan Wynne-Jones report on demands by senior Muslims that sharia be given legal authority

Amnah is a modern British Muslim. She is dressed in a denim skirt and her head is covered in a hijab. Poised and self-assured, she has come to meet Dr Suhaib Hasan, a silver-bearded sheikh who sits behind his desk, surrounded by religious books.

“But why would I have to observe the waiting period?”�”� she asks him. “What are the reasons?”�”� There is an urgency to her questions.

“These reasons don’t apply to me, that’s what I’m very confused about. If you could give me the reasons why I have to wait three months, then I’ll understand.”�”�

Amnah is going through a divorce and is baffled at being told that she must wait for three months to remarry, considering that she hasn’t seen her estranged husband for two years.

She twists her sock-clad toes into the carpet, grasping one hand with the other in her lap, and fixes Dr Hasan with an intense look. He meets this with a simple reply: “These rulings are all in the Koran. The rulings are made for all.”�”�

Amnah has little choice but to comply: Dr Hasan is a judge, and this is a sharia court—in east London. It sits, innocuously, at the end of a row of terrace houses in Leyton: a converted corner shop, with blinds on the windows, office- style partitions and a makeshift reception area.

It is one of dozens of sharia courts—also known as councils—that have been set up in mosques, Islamic centres and even schools across Britain. The number of British Muslims using the courts is increasing.

To many in the West, talk of sharia law conjures up images of the floggings, stonings, amputations and beheadings carried out in hardline Islamic states such as Saudi Arabia and Iran. However, the form practised in Britain is more mundane, focusing mainly on marriage, divorce and financial disputes.

The judgments of the courts have no basis in British law, and are therefore technically illegitimate—they are binding only in that those involved agree to comply. For British Muslims who are keen to follow Islam, this poses a dilemma. An Islamic marriage is not recognised by British law, and therefore many couples will have two ceremonies—civil for the state, and Islamic for their faith.

If they wish to divorce, they must then seek both a civil and an Islamic divorce.

Dr Hasan, who has been presiding over sharia courts in Britain for more than 25 years, argues that British law would benefit from integrating aspects of Islamic personal law into the civil system, so that divorces could be rubber-stamped in the same way, for example, that Jewish couples who go to the Beth Din court have their divorce recognised in secular courts.

He points out that the Islamic Sharia Council, of which he is the general secretary, is flooded with work. It hears about 50 divorce cases every month, and responds to as many as 10 requests every day by email and phone for a fatwa—a religious verdict on a religious matter.

Dr Hasan, who is also a spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain on issues of sharia law, says there is great misunderstanding of the issue in the West.

“Whenever people associate the word ‘sharia’ with Muslims, they think it is flogging and stoning to death and cutting off the hand,”�”� he says with a smile.

He makes the distinction between the aspects of law that sharia covers: worship, penal law, and personal law. Muslim leaders in Britain are interested only in integrating personal law, he says.

“Penal law is the duty of the Muslim state—it is not in the hands of any public institution like us to handle it. Only a Muslim government that believes in Islam is going to implement it. So there is no question of asking for penal law to be introduced here in the UK—that is out of the question.”�”�

Despite this, Dr Hasan is open in supporting the severe punishments meted out in countries where sharia law governs the country.

“Even though cutting off the hands and feet, or flogging the drunkard and fornicator, seem to be very abhorrent, once they are implemented, they become a deterrent for the whole society.

“This is why in Saudi Arabia, for example, where these measures are implemented, the crime rate is very, very, low,”�”� he told The Sunday Telegraph.

In a documentary to be screened on Channel 4 next month, entitled Divorce: Sharia Style, Dr Hasan goes further, advocating a sharia system for Britain. “If sharia law is implemented, then you can turn this country into a haven of peace because once a thief’s hand is cut off nobody is going to steal,”�”� he says.

“Once, just only once, if an adulterer is stoned nobody is going to commit this crime at all.

“We want to offer it to the British society. If they accept it, it is for their good and if they don’t accept it they’ll need more and more prisons.”�”�HOW KIND AN OFFER! HOW CAN WE REFUSE?"T

hese sentiments, and the vast cultural gulf they expose, alarm many in the West and go to the heart of the debate about the level of integration among Muslims living in Britain and their acceptance of British values.

Dr Hasan’s cause is not helped by the fact that, last December, he was named by the Policy Exchange think tank as being linked to a mosque, the Al-Tawhid in Leyton, east London, which was accused of propagating extremist literature—although the evidence for this has since been challenged.

Many are uncomfortable with the idea of linking sharia to civil law in Britain. In The Sunday Telegraph earlier this month, Michael Nazir-Ali, the Bishop of Rochester, wrote: “Attempts have been made to impose an “Islamic”�”� character on certain areas?… There is pressure already to relate aspects of the sharia to civil law in Britain. To some extent this is already true of arrangements for sharia-compliant banking but have the far-reaching implications of this been fully considered?”�”�

There are also issues around the Islamic approach to equality and human rights that make integration with British law problematic and contentious.

Sharia judges in this country deal mainly with divorce—khula. In Islamic law, a husband can divorce his wife in the presence of two witnesses without having to go through an official system.

He can even merely utter the word “talaq”�”�—meaning “to release”�”�—to gain a divorce, whether or not the wife accepts it. She has no such right and must go through the processes of sharia, entreating judges to grant her divorce.

“The introduction of sharia law in Britain raises complex questions, as some of its basic tenets are incompatible with the fundamental principles of our liberal democracy and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,”�”� says Baroness Cox, a leading human rights campaigner.

“There is no equality before the law between men and women and between Muslims and non-Muslims; and there is no freedom to choose and change religion.”�”�

Ibrahim Mogra, chairman of the Muslim Council of Britain’s inter-faith committee, admits that to non-Muslims some laws may seem harsh on women. Those who are married to a man with a number of wives can be treated badly, for instance. But he insists that sharia is an equitable system.

“It may mean that a woman married under Islamic law has no legal rights, but the husband is required to pay for everything in marriage and in the case of a divorce all the woman’s belongings are hers to keep.”�”�

In fact, Sheikh Mogra argues that sharia in Britain would give rights to women. “A Muslim man can take a second wife under sharia law and treat her as he wants, knowing that she has no legal rights in Britain. It means that she is regarded as no more than a mistress and he can walk out on her when he wants.”�”�

Critics warn, however, that in giving even parts of sharia law official status, Britain would be associating itself with a system that in many ways was intolerable according to Western values.

Professor John Marks, author of The West, Islam and Islamism, points out that apostates from Islam can suffer severe punishment, even honour killings.

“There are more violent cases that are being related to people who choose to convert from Islam,”�”� he says.

A survey by Policy Exchange found that 36 per cent of young British Muslims believed that a Muslim who converted to another religion should be “punished by death”�”�.

“This clearly goes against the laws of our country. If they come to live in this country they should live by our laws,”�”� says Prof Marks.

Haras Rafiq, the executive director of the Sufi Muslim Council, points out that Muslims are anyway divided on the correct interpretation of sharia law. He is particularly critical of those who support the strict penal law.

“Things like stoning are being used as a deterrent, but this is reinterpreting the Koran in a rigid and extreme way that misses the spirit of what is being said.”�”�

Perhaps the strongest argument in favour of some form of recognition of sharia in Britain is that it would help to regulate a system that operates beyond the law.

The Government has expressed concern about imams who may be using the Koran to justify fatwas that clash with British law.

Leaders of four major British Muslim groups published a government-backed report in 2006 that accepted that many imams were not qualified to give guidance to alienated young people.

They agreed to set up a watchdog aimed at tackling extremism and monitoring mosques, but Yunes Teinaz, a former adviser to the London Central Mosque, warns that one of the greatest problems is the imams who arrive in Britain unable to speak English, and with no regard for British law.

“The absence of anyone regulating the mosques and sharia courts means that they can act as a law unto themselves, issuing fatwas that breach people’s human rights because they have no knowledge of the law,”�”� he says. “They can take people’s money despite having no proper qualifications, but worse they can harm the communities that they are in.”�”�

Zareen Roohi Ahmed, the chief executive of the British Muslim Forum—one of the four groups on the Mosques and Imams National Advisory Body—concedes that sharia courts in Britain are still poorly organised.

“They need development—the government should be supporting them to deliver their service more effectively,”�”� she says.

“If sharia courts can be supported to be more professionally run and to have female involvement as well on the decision-making panels, then I think they can work quite effectively and meet the needs of Muslims.”�”�

She suggests that existing systems need to be supported and a wider range of scholars and academics involved to put more thought into making the rules and regulations applicable to today’s society.

Dr Muhammad Abdul Bari, the secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, points out that during British rule in India, Muslim personal law was allowed to operate and sees no reason why it wouldn’t work now.

“Sharia encompasses all aspects of Muslim life including personal law,”�”� he says. “In tolerant, inclusive societies all faith groups enjoy some acceptance of their religious rules in matters of their personal life.

“I am sure some day our society here will also be more at ease with its Muslim community and see the benefit of allowing such rights to those who prefer this.”�”�

Back in the court in Leyton, the plight of Amnah is typical of the challenges facing Muslim women in Britain who are seeking to abide by the traditional Islamic teaching, but find themselves victims of the system as a result.

The husband she seeks to divorce is untraceable, but she married him in a purely Islamic ceremony so now she must fight to gain her freedom.

She met him on an Islamic matrimonial website, then discovered that he wasn’t everything he had claimed to be.

“I found out he was stealing money from me,”�”� she says, adding that her husband had lied about having a job and a visa for the UK.

“So how come you married such a person who is not of your standard?”�”� Dr Hasan asks quietly, leafing through the notes of her case.

“I made a mistake,”�”� Amnah says, simply. “Basically this man lied to me from the beginning until the end. Not only did he fool me, he fooled my family.”�”�

Despite Amnah’s protestations and questioning, Dr Hasan goes on to explain that the methods and rules set out in the Koran are for very practical reasons.

A recently divorced wife must wait three months to remarry to give enough time for her ex-husband to know that she is not carrying his child. “This is for all,”�”� he says.

“There is no exception to this rule, in the sharia there is no exception, you have to accept it.”�”�

He takes down a copy of the Koran from a shelf and points to the chapter and verse that spells out the lengths of iddat—the waiting period—in detailed terms.

There are different lengths for widows, for wives whose husbands have authorised the divorce and for wives whose husbands have not. There is even a rule for pre-pubescent girls. LOVELY. THEY THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING.

For Amnah, it is clear that the answer has thrown up further problems for her. “Another quick question,”�”� she says. “Because I’m going through a divorce now, is it right for me to have found someone or should I have waited?”�”�

The man may not, Dr Hasan replies, clearly state his wish to marry her—he may subtly make his intentions known, as in “once you are free from marriage, remember me”�”�, but no, not propose. That is not allowed in the Koran.

Amnah thanks him with deference, and leaves. Coming through this religious court is the only way she will be truly at liberty to remarry but, for now, she must wait.

Comments
Yes, and we want to offer you a one-way trip to your native hell-hole.

Posted by “Sharia-compliant”�”� at 6:05 PM on January 22

Britain is going to be in serious trouble if they do not clamp down on Islam soon. I mean, this is blatant subversion of British laws - just wait ‘til they decide to secede for crying out loud!

And, as an aside, I wonder how many Christians officials wish to bring “Old-Testament style judgement”�”� back to Britain - by which I mean stoning adulterers, blasphemers etc?

Posted by Obscuratus at 6:11 PM on January 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>Dr Hasan, who is also a spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain on issues of sharia law, says there is great misunderstanding of the issue in the West.
“Whenever people associate the word ‘sharia’ with Muslims, they think it is flogging and stoning to death and cutting off the hand,”�”� he says with a smile….

…In a documentary to be screened on Channel 4 next month, entitled Divorce: Sharia Style, Dr Hasan goes further, advocating a sharia system for Britain. “If sharia law is implemented, then you can turn this country into a haven of peace because once a thief’s hand is cut off nobody is going to steal,”�”� he says.

“Once, just only once, if an adulterer is stoned nobody is going to commit this crime at all.

“We want to offer it to the British society. If they accept it, it is for their good and if they don’t accept it they’ll need more and more prisons.”�”�

NO NO NO. Not one iota of Sharia Law should be introduced into any Western country.

Is it just me or do the two proposals above by the good Dr. Hasan, contradict each other? First he says there’s a misunderstanding about what they want to introduce, that they only want ‘personal’ i.e. divorce style sharia law introduced. Then later he says Britain will benefit from the introduction of hand chopping, and the rest. Exactly those awful primitive punishments and laws that they practice and say they DON’T want to introduce.

These Moslems are liars and deceivers, and these ‘namby pamby have no fear of us’ types are the worst, with the Al Quaeda types at least you know what they want up front.

Never ever believe anything they say. Their purpose in life is to make every infidel nation an Islamic state. UK is targeted for around 2020.
Arc.

Posted by Arcadian at 6:37 PM on January 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I imagining things or does it seem that Britains prospects for a bright future are hopeless.

Posted by Bobby at 7:35 PM on January 22

“If they accept it, it is for their good and if they don’t accept it they’ll need more and more prisons.”�”�

Perhaps the British can “have their cake and eat it too”�”�: Boot the Muslims and in the process avoid the need for sharia law and lower the prison population.

Posted by at 8:16 PM on January 22

““We want to offer it to the British society. If they accept it, it is for their good and if they don’t accept it they’ll need more and more prisons.”�”�”�”�

It is NOT your place to offer it to British society or any other non-Muslim society. How non-Muslim countries handle their penal systems is THEIR business. This “shiek”�”� needs to go back to his own country and live under Islam instead of going to a non-Muslim country and trying to change its’ culture. Furthermore, if Muslims ever get to be the majority, sharia law won’t be “offered”�”� but forced.

Posted by KC at 8:46 PM on January 22

Isn’t it about time White Britain seized back their “right to arms”�”� so they can drive the Islamics back down through the Chunnel to France, from whence they invaded?

Posted by at 9:24 PM on January 22

England is doomed

Posted by SeeTheFuture at 9:30 PM on January 22

The day they ever try me in a Muslim court for a uniquely Muslim crime I`ll become, in the words of of a juvenile John Dillinger, “The meanest son of a bitch the world has ever seen.”�”�

Posted by Tim Mc Hugh at 9:41 PM on January 22

“If sharia law is implemented, then you can turn this country into a haven of peace because once a thief’s hand is cut off nobody is going to steal,”�”� he says.”�”�

And why before this was the cutting off of hands unnecessary?

Oh! THERE WERE NO MUSLIMS. Throw these parasitic whiners and their fraudulent religion/political structure OUT.

Posted by Guillaume at 9:49 PM on January 22

“It is one of dozens of sharia courts—also known as councils—that have been set up in mosques, Islamic centres and even schools across Britain. The number of British Muslims using the courts is increasing…”�”�

This is just too insane for words… The British people had better do something soon before it’s all too late.

Posted by Jackers at 10:02 PM on January 22

Yep go ahead and introduce sharia law to England…and every weekend they can all witness the muslims…lopping off heads in front of Buckingham Palace…wouldn’t that be fun???

Posted by lydia at 10:36 PM on January 22

Excuse me! Aren’t these people guests in Britian and many other European countries. My niece returned from Paris last fall. She said it had become a third world sewer to a large degree. White Europeans need to wake up as to what is happening on their side of the ocean. Canada has its problems as well and here in the US? With our current liberal and incompetent leadership who knows what will happen.

Posted by at 10:39 PM on January 22

It demonstrates the extent of just how cocksure (in more than one sense, it could be said), these Third World desert dwellers currently swamping the UK and the rest of the white world, have been allowed to get over the last forty odd years, aided and abetted by native white Marxist Liberal renegades, their prime enablers.

Well, perhaps that kind of arrogance calls for one almighty shock response of the kind that would have an immediate diminishing effect on their alien moon god worshipping population numbers.

What price freedom and deliverance from endless centuries of slavery and barbarism that is surely destined to be the lot of our future descendants unless us their elders begin enacting the ‘final solution’ now.

Posted by A Swain at 12:27 AM on January 23

Perhaps we could come to an arrangement with Islamic countries whereby Muslims committing crimes in non-Islamic countries could be deported to their homelands for the appropriately sanctioned Islamic punishment to be administered.

Posted by at 5:09 AM on January 23

“If sharia law is implemented, then you can turn this country into a haven of peace because once a thief’s hand is cut off nobody is going to steal,”�”� he says.”�”�

Does it ever occur to these “religious thinkers”�”� that once thieves’ hands are cut off they won’t be able to WORK either?

And when they can’t work, then what? Will British taxpayers be expected to take care of these Sharia victims in British amputee hospitals?

Or will the nation’s sidewalks simply fill up with the hand-less begging for hand-outs?

Posted by Infidel — And Proud Of It, Man! at 10:24 AM on January 23

Re: ’We Want to Offer Sharia Law to Britain’

rowan-williams-1-sized-742627.jpg

Rowan “constructive accommodation"� Williams

http://www.bnp.org.uk/2008/02/07/archbishop-of-canterbury-sharia-law-in-britain-is-unavoidable/

The corporate religions work hand and hand.

Anonymous

British National Party website

Archbishop of Canterbury: “Sharia law in Britain is unavoidable"�.

By News Team ⋅ February 7, 2008

The Archbishop of Canterbury has today said that the adoption of Islamic Sharia law in the UK is “unavoidable"� and that it would help maintain social cohesion.

Rowan Williams told BBC Radio 4’s World at One that the UK has to “face up to the fact"� that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system. He says that Muslims could choose to have marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia court. He says Muslims should not have to choose between “the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty"�.

Dr Williams said there was a place for finding a “constructive accommodation"� in areas such as marriage - allowing Muslim women to avoid western divorce proceedings. Other religions enjoyed such tolerance of their own laws, he pointed out, but stressed that it could never be allowed to take precedence over an individual’s rights as a citizen. He said it would also require a change in perception of what Sharia involved beyond the “inhumanity"� of extreme punishments and attitudes to women seen in some Islamic states.

Dr Williams said: “It seems unavoidable and, as a matter of fact, certain conditions of Sharia are already recognised in our society and under our law, so it is not as if we are bringing in an alien and rival system.

“We already have in this country a number of situations in which the internal law of religious communities is recognised by the law of the land as justifying conscientious objections in certain circumstances."�

He added: “There is a place for finding what would be a constructive accommodation with some aspects of Muslim law as we already do with aspects of other kinds of religious law.

Discussion

15 comments for “Archbishop of Canterbury: “Sharia law in Britain is unavoidable"�."�

More drip drip drip, when will this civil/world war kick off then? i mean it must be inevitable? islam and modern, un brainwashed countries are so incompatable, surely something shortly will kick it off? afghan is going down the pan as it was forecast. why oh why cant western countries isolate the whole middle east and have nothing to do with islamic anything. (oil of course but we can get round it with the right technology and recyling of oil based products surely?)
if the brains and expertise of western governments left all the mad muslim countries to get on with living the shariah way they would be in the stone age in now time. on the plus side for us we have no worries of rucksacks blowing up on public transport, no wailing minerets, i could go on ..its all positive stuff.
ban shariah and all the crap if the dont like it go live elsewhereâ┚¬¦

Posted by Billy Hull | February 7, 2008, 3:14 pm

One of the many tragedies of GB is that people associate Christianity with Williams. Appointed by Bliar, he has done more than anyone to destroy Bible witness in a country once renowned for it. Can it be coincidence that when the Bible was held in high regard our country prospered, and vice-versa?

Posted by PJD | February 7, 2008, 3:19 pm

Oh yes. he makes it sound like such a terribly, terribly, good thing.

A great leap backwards.

SHARIA LAW? NO WAY.

Posted by UprightMan | February 7, 2008, 3:24 pm

They should make their minds up, either we have Sharia law or our law. That old twat the Archbishop of Canterbury should be made to convert to Islam if this is what he thinks, after all he is legitimising their religion against his own.

Posted by odin | February 7, 2008, 3:32 pm

The lunatics have taken over the asylum !

Posted by Si | February 7, 2008, 3:34 pm

This is all part of the ”�’Common Purpose’ (Rowans is a graduate of that Marxist ideology factory)drip drip drip towards the islamification of this country.

What next - public stonings and executions in Trafalgar Square?
How about a permant Hand-Chopping Squad based in Oxford Street to deal with shoplifters?

Posted by Lickyalips | February 7, 2008, 3:35 pm

Quote: Thorgeir of Ljosavatn

“It would be disastrous if men should not have one and the same law, all of them, in this land."�
“It will prove true, if we break the law in pieces, that we break the peace in pieces too."�

(I do not think he was considering Sharia Law at the time.)

Posted by Gamlegorm The White | February 7, 2008, 3:37 pm

I had to check my calendar just to make sure it was not 1st April! I truly cannot believe what the Archbishop is saying! Could you imagine what would happen if same islamic cleric said that muslims should embrace Christian values, ha, ha, ha. Go help this country.

Posted by NukeLabour | February 7, 2008, 3:41 pm

The Great Bearded Wonder really has lost it this time. You are more likely to get social cohesion when everyone is subject to the same laws. Not different ones.This sounds like appeasement to me. And we all know what use that was against Germany in the 1930s.

Posted by Mister J | February 7, 2008, 3:42 pm

Will no-one rid us of this turbulent priest?

This man is a traitor whose Blair-inspired ramblings reek of New Labour’s political correctness. He should go take a hike out to a country such as Saudi Arabia, or Sudan, that fully practices Shariah Law. I don’t think he would be able to practise his religion.. and certainly not build a church out there..

I would then suggest replacing him with the truly Christian Bishop of Rochester. Oh. or maybe the fella from York.

In this area of Britain there is a Halal slaughterhouse. The animals are, of course, killed without pre-stunning (a practice which is deemed by most of us to be barbaric in an enlightened age). If a regular slaughterman killed in this fashion, they would be breaking the law.

One law for “them"� and another law for “the rest of us"� is NOT cohesive. It is truly divisive, and will create resentment in those to whom the law already applies.

Posted by Shropshire Lass | February 7, 2008, 3:45 pm

This is turning out to be a bad dream. The Archbishop of Canterbury has practically given his blessing for the go ahead of this vile practise. The Government will be cockahoop if they have the church’s backing to do what they like here.

Is it any wonder that weekly attendances are dropping weekly with people attending their local church.

Posted by darkmatter | February 7, 2008, 3:46 pm

Quote:
"� â┚¬¦. it is not as if we are bringing in an alien and rival system."�

No, of course not.

Who could think such a thing of this devoted follower of Jesus, the liblabcon-trick and the religion of peace?
We will all live together in a diverse, multicult rainbow paradise.

Wake up! - Time is running out!

Posted by Dylan | February 7, 2008, 3:46 pm

He should be shot for treason.

I thought our war heroes fought many battles to avoid foreign influence? Seems like he spat on what they died for.

Posted by Mendal | February 7, 2008, 3:47 pm

It’s no wonder people are deserting the Anglican congregation in droves with this sort of gutless stance being taken by the head of the established Church. The passion and fervour of reformed faith preachers has been replaced by tea drinking, biscuit nibbling,country cottage dwelling bumbling vicars who approach every controversial subject with mouse-like timidity.
Instead of promoting the laws of Islam or any other faith the AB of C needs to start fighting for a greater Christian influence on OUR legal system. Perhaps then we wouldn’t see laws passed that make it compulsory for people to associate with homosexuals and allow children to be adopted by gay couples. He could also tackle the issue of schools grooming children to believe that homosexuality is a healthy and acceptable norm.

Posted by trueblueloyalist | February 7, 2008, 3:48 pm

Somebody needs to inform this moron Rowan Williams, who just happens to be living on another planet from the rest of us, that if these muslims don’t wish to conform to our christian way of life and laws, then they can clear off back to whichever mediaeval country they came from and leave us British to get on with our lives in the way that our forefathers fought and died for.

Posted by THELMA H | February 7, 2008, 3:49 pm

Skara Brae,

madkins

shariamax.jpg

http://www.bnp.org.uk/2008/02/26/sharia-law-without-compromise/

Sharia Law - Without compromise!

By News Team ⋅ February 26, 2008

MUSLIM radicals have demanded Sharia law across Britain “without compromise"�.

Extreme Islamics said the hardline system – where people are punished by stoning and beheading – is the future.

Speaking at a meeting in Birmingham, Abu Ibraheem said: “Let us make this absolutely clear. Islam is not subject to dilution, compromise or relegation.

“The behaviour of some Muslims is failing miserably to meet these commands."�

About 50 activists held the meeting in the same town where terrorist Parviz Khan, 36, plotted to behead a British soldier.

Ten thousand leaflets were distributed to attract moderate Muslims.

They criticised comments by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, 58, who suggested parts of Sharia law may be good for the UK.

Abu Abdullah, who spoke at the meeting, added: “The purpose of this was not to discourage Muslims from following English laws.

“It is to educate people about Sharia and its meanings."�

From the Discussion

It’s the same in the US:

CAIR chairman Omar M. Ahmad, who in July 1998 told a crowd of California Muslims, “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran . . . should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."� In a similar vein, CAIR board member Imam Siraj Wahaj calls for replacing the American government with a caliphate, and warns that America will crumble unless it “accepts the Islamic agenda."�

From http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=5E5F4FCA-2B20-4393-917C-506AC4C756F7

Posted by Artorius | February 26, 2008, 12:15 pm

Skara Brae,

madkins

copper.jpg

http://www.bnp.org.uk/2008/02/29/bobbies-will-be-taught-sharia-law-and-the-koran-in-secret/

Bobbies will be taught sharia law and the Koran in ’secret’

By Chris Brown ⋅ February 29, 2008

Policemen are to be taught sharia law in a bid to counter extremism at a local level

It would appear that the limp clergyman, Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, might not have been such a loose cannon after all, when he spoke about accepting parts of Sharia Law.

Could it be that his recent comments were simply part of the preparations by leaders of the Quisling regime of Westminster to pave the way for embracing Sharia Law in a far more fundamental way?

This quote from the Chief Constable in charge of the strategy, West Yorkshire’s Norman Bettison, said: “We work closely with communities and the majority of police training at the moment in this area is done in partnership with Muslim organisations.

If that statement doesn’t scare the pants off of you, then you misread it. Go back and read it again!!

Note also, the quotes from David Davis, Tory MP, don’t they sound very similar, in intent, to what the clueless Archbishop had to say!

Certainly this report on the ’secret’ plans to educate police recruits in the wonders of Sharia and the Koran, is certainly indicative of such an intent.

And like so many other dilutions of our traditional values, this one is also explained away as an attempt to counter extremism!

Work that one out if you can? I confess, the logic is lost on me!

Police will be trained on the importance of the Koran and Sharia law to Muslims under Government plans to tackle extremism.

Lessons in the Islamic faith and culture will become part of the formal training for recruits.

Chief constables said officers will build better relationships by understanding the communities they are policing.

This could prove crucial in rooting out extremism and preventing a terrorist attack, according to the Association of Chief Police Officers.

But critics expressed concern that the plan could foster division, rather than combat it.

It comes after the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, said the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK “seems unavoidable"�.

He later said his remarks had been misinterpreted.

Shadow Home Secretary David Davis added: “Of course it is sensible for the police to have an understanding of the Koran and Sharia law as long as we do not allow the situation to slip so that Sharia law is regarded on an equal basis with British law.

“British law is and always must be pre-eminent."�

The scheme is part of a wide-ranging strategy to prevent extremist ideas gaining hold in schools, colleges and prisons.

Other initiatives in the 40-page strategy include guidance to parents on how to stop children searching for extremist websites, and intervening where convicted terrorists are suspected of spreading hate in prison.

Police will not have to learn the “depth and complexity"� of Sharia law but would be expected to understand Islamic culture.

But critics have described the plan as “politically correct thinking"�.

Philip Davies, Conservative MP for Shipley, said: “Police officers are not there to implement sharia law. They are there to implement British law.

“This idea is misguided. We will only get community cohesion when everybody signs up to being British and following British law."�

The so-called Prevent strategy says: “Research last year revealed that the police service would be very low on the list of agencies that the Muslim community would turn to if they had concerns about a member of their community who embraced violent extremism.

“The police service has a long way to go in building a relationship of trust around these issues."�

The Chief Constable in charge of the strategy, West Yorkshire’s Norman Bettison, said: “We work closely with communities and the majority of police training at the moment in this area is done in partnership with Muslim organisations.

“We are building on this basis of training and emphasising that a basic principle of policing is that officers work with and should understand the communities they are policing.

“The Acpo Prevent strategy recognises this in the context of non-Muslim officers working with Muslim communities.

“These issues can be complex and include nationality, community and religious issues, all of which are interwoven.

“That is what we are trying to get across to officers in our training. The depth and complexity of sharia law is not part of this training.

“The strategy remains in draft form at present and I expect it to be formally adopted by chief officer colleagues after further feedback from partners and communities."�

Skara Brae,

madkins

Back