Vicious pit bull grabs owner’s jugular, mauls him to death in NYC apartment​

By
Social Links for Larry Celona ,
Social Links for Joe Marino ,
Social Links for Amanda Woods and
Social Links for Khristina Narizhnaya

Published April 26, 2024

Updated April 26, 2024, 5:58 p.m. ET

A pit bull grabbed its owner by the jugular and mauled him to death inside a Bronx apartment building early Friday — before responding cops gunned down the vicious dog, authorities said.

Cops responded just after 3 a.m. to a 911 call for a dog biting its owner, 41-year-old Kaheem Robinson, inside the building on Simpson Street near Home Street in Longwood, police said.

Kaheem Robinson 5
41-year-old Kaheem Robinson was ID’d as the victim. Tomas E. Gaston
The dog had latched onto the man’s jugular, and he was gushing blood, sources said.

Two officers opened fire, striking the dog multiple times, cops said.

NYPD 5
The dog had latched onto the man’s jugular, and he was gushing blood, sources said. FreedomNewsTV

Explore More​

Cops take down Emory professor at anti-Israel protest that turned violent, wild video shows

Potential Trump VP pick says she shot dead a 'less than worthless' dog, 'disgusting' goat

karine jean pierre with biden, in the briefing room, with kirby

Inside the failed White House coup to oust Biden press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre

A friend of the victim feared the dog, whose name was either Mic or Max, even though it appeared calm, he said.

“I told him that dog was no good. It’s a pit bull, they go berserk,” said the neighbor who declined to give his name. “The dog wasn’t vicious at all, I played with the dog myself. I put my hands in the dog’s mouth. We would just play around. It could have been me. With any dog, they could turn any minute.”

Robinson's family members outside the building where he was mauled to death by a pit bull.

Back