Hey morons, DOJ (Justice) Inspector General was, still is, supposed to make public report on Epstein's death--it's been 3 yrs, suckers--where is it?

Apollonian

Guest Columnist

THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT INVESTIGATED JEFFREY EPSTEIN'S DEATH. THEN IT WENT SILENT.​

Published: March 27, 2023

Link: https://www.blacklistednews.com/art...ated-jeffrey-epsteins-death-then-it-went.html

SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

On October 28, 2019, two months after his brother's death, Mark Epstein was summoned to the US Attorney's office in downtown Manhattan.
Jeffrey Epstein died in the custody of a federal jail just one building over, and officials at the Justice Department said they had an update for Mark on their investigation into his death.
Mark showed up with a lawyer and Michael Baden, a forensic pathologist he hired to examine Jeffrey's body. Baden believed Jeffrey Epstein died by homicide.
The group was met with a "nice little panel" of Justice Department officials, Mark Epstein recalled.
The officials said Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide. Pressed for more detail, they just repeated themselves.
"They didn't give me any information other than 'After a thorough investigation, we determined it was a suicide,'" Mark Epstein said. "It was like I was talking to a fucking robot."
The meeting was the only time Mark got any answers from the DOJ about his brother's death. Three years later, he still doesn't know exactly how Epstein died and why it's taken the government that long to share its answer to that question.
Mark Epstein told Insider that even though he's Jeffrey's next of kin, he hasn't been able to obtain certain medical records, including the care reports filled out by EMTs who evaluated his brother's corpse.
The public hasn't gotten answers either. Epstein flew at the heights of power, consorting with presidents and princes while at the same time abusing scores of girls. His death in the custody of the Bureau of Prisons represents one of the most shocking failures of federal law enforcement in history. How could the Justice Department let him just slip away?
The Justice Department's Office of Inspector General launched an investigation after he was found dead. But more than three years later, the office still hasn't released its report into the circumstances of Epstein's death.
In the information vacuum, conspiracy theories have proliferated about whether Epstein was killed to cover up for his powerful friends — Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and Prince Andrew among them.
Epstein's victims and at least one US senator are still demanding answers from the DOJ.
"For many people, the death was suspicious, to say the least," said Gloria Allred, an attorney who represents 20 of Epstein's victims. "Others have their own conclusions about what happened to Mr. Epstein. But the speculation needs to be replaced by facts and evidence."
Mark Epstein remains puzzled by the holdup. He's convinced his brother didn't kill himself and stands by the conclusions of Baden, who personally observed the four-hour autopsy of Jeffrey Epstein's body.
"We all took it by surprise," Mark Epstein told Insider. "Nobody thought he was gonna kill himself. Nobody."

AFTER 3 YEARS, IT'S NOT CLEAR WHAT'S HOLDING UP DOJ'S REPORT​

When Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his cell, on August 10, 2019, then-Attorney General Bill Barr's first reaction was disbelief, he later wrote in his memoir.
"No one's gonna believe it was a suicide," Barr recalled saying. "There'll be conspiracy theories all over the place."
Epstein had been arrested two months earlier on charges that he trafficked girls for sex. He was investigated by Manhattan federal prosecutors following a series of articles by the Miami Herald journalist Julie K. Brown, who detailed how he secured a secret, lenient plea deal with Florida prosecutors in 2007, even after law enforcement concluded he sexually abused more than 30 girls. A compensation program his estate formed after his death concluded he sexually abused at least 136 people overall.
Until his arrest in 2019, Epstein continued living a lavish lifestyle, splitting time between his Palm Beach home, his Manhattan mansion, an island in the US Virgin Islands, and an apartment in Paris.
After losing all that, it was possible he found the prospect of life behind bars unappealing, Mark Epstein said.
"When I first heard that my brother was dead, and found dead from suicide, I just figured, 'OK, he decided to take himself out,'" he told Insider.
Barr tasked the Justice Department's inspector general, Michael Horowitz, and the FBI with investigating "the circumstances of Mr. Epstein's death."
There were two major unanswered questions: How, exactly, did he die? And — whether it was a suicide or homicide — how did the Bureau of Prisons allow it to happen?
Within those questions are a number of smaller mysteries, still unresolved. Why was Epstein's body moved after his death, in violation of jail protocol? If his body was found hours after he already died, why did paramedics try to push air into his lungs? If he hanged himself, why does Baden believe the bone fractures in his neck were more consistent with strangling? Why would he tear strips of bedsheets to make a noose instead of using the cord of his sleep-apnea machine? Why weren't the cameras watching his cellblock working the day he died? Who else was incarcerated in the same block, and did they see anything?
Epstein claimed he had dirt on powerful people and, after his 2007 guilty plea, still appeared to consort with the likes of Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia, Elon Musk, and Steve Bannon. Were any of Epstein's acquaintances capable of planning an assassination?
An Insider poll taken later that fall found nearly half of Americans believed Epstein was murdered.
The Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General is uniquely suited to answer these questions. Equipped with subpoena power and statutory independence, the office is one of the rare institutions in Washington, DC, carefully designed to stand apart from partisan forces and political winds.
It also had a significant measure of independence from Barr, whose own father may have given Epstein a job that he leveraged into a career in finance.
More than three years later, it's not clear why the inspector general's investigation is taking so long.
Horowitz's other high-profile investigations concluded far more quickly. An investigation into the flow of US arms to Mexican drug cartels took a year. A 568-page report about how the Justice Department dealt with Hillary Clinton's email server and a 478-page report about the "Crossfire Hurricane" investigation into Trump's links with Russia were each released about a year and a half after they were initiated.
Glenn Fine, who served as the Justice Department's inspector general between 2000 and 2011, told Insider the office is likely taking extraordinary care to make sure it gets all the details right.
"The OIG is probably taking the position: We want to make sure we get it right, and we want to make sure we are thorough and that the report is so convincing that the people who think that Epstein was murdered will be persuaded by all the evidence once it's out there," Fine said.
There are four possible reasons the report hasn't yet been released, Fine said. The inspector general's office could still be investigating; it's holding a report so as not to interfere with any pending criminal cases; it's writing the report; or it's waiting for feedback from the Bureau of Prisons.
A representative for the Bureau of Prisons said it was cooperating with the Justice Department and referred Insider to the Office of Inspector General for further questions. A spokesperson for the inspector general's office declined to comment on this story.

READ MORE... [see https://www.businessinsider.com/jej...ector-general-investigation-2023-3?r=US&IR=T/]​

New Report Into Jeffrey Epstein’s Mysterious Jail Cell Death Reveals Shocking New Details That Give Credibility To Murder Theory [VIDEO]​

about 12 hours ago

Link: https://en-volve.com/2023/04/21/new...that-give-credibility-to-murder-theory-video/

[see vid at site link, above]

190810-jeffrey-epstein-al-1147-758x489.jpg

Jeffrey Epstein at Sony Screening Room on September 28, 2005 in New York City. (Photo by Joe Schildhorn/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)

During his Fox News program Wednesday night, Tucker Carlson left viewers stunned after revealing that authorities said there were no recordings of the calls made by Jeffery Epstein, a former inmate incarcerated in the city, where he was later found dead in his jail cell. At the time, authorities claimed Epstein committed suicide.
“So it looks like the NYPD deleted the recordings of 911 calls from the jail. So we thought, well, how about the FBI? We called over to the FBI to say do you have any 911 recordings from the jail, from the federal lockup, and we got no response,” Carlson claimed on his primetime show.

See it here: [ck site link, above, top]

It has been speculated since Epstein’s death in August 2019 that jail officials and former associates of the disgraced pedophile philanthropist may have murdered him and then disguised it as suicide. After three and a half years since the alleged “suicide,” Carlson questioned why the Department of Justice has not reached a conclusion.
The Daily Wire reported additional information on this suspected coverup:
He said NYPD told him this was because the documentation was “well past the 12 month retention period.” The Daily Wire has contacted the NYPD inquiring whether any relevant calls had been deleted and if any were available.
“It looks like the NYPD deleted the recordings of 911 calls from the jail,” Carlson said, adding that his team had also reached out to the FBI to ask if they had any calls but received no response.
Epstein’s death quickly became controversial as many believe his trial would have exposed the crimes of powerful global elites he had leveraged through his sex trafficking operation. As a result, the circumstances leading up to his death have been heavily scrutinized.

Despite being under suicide watch, Epstein died from an apparent hanging in his cell before he could go to trial. DOJ continues to interview those involved in his supervision and aims to reach a conclusion soon, despite the jail’s guards insisting no protocols were broken. Critics have speculated that the investigation into Epstein’s sudden death is under political pressure to avoid implicating any powerful associates and co-conspirators involved in the felony crimes he was charged with.
“Contrary to protocol, Epstein was not checked on every 30 minutes the night of his death at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, where he was being detained, sources told multiple news outlets. Some of the footage captured near Epstein’s cell was also unusable, according to The Washington Post, though other footage was available for review. The FBI later opened an investigation into the camera malfunction outside Epstein’s jail cell,” The Daily Wire reported.
Epstein would not be likely to commit suicide, according to a lawyer who would have represented him.
“I was told that on August 9, Mr. Epstein remained animated and gave every indication he was planning to fight the case vigorously as we had discussed. On August 10, he was dead,” lawyer David Schoen told Newsweek. “So my first reason for believing it was not suicide is based simply on the anecdotal evidence from my own observations in meeting with him and from reports I received throughout the week.”
Epstein had a long history of funding the Democratic causes, especially those of former President Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State. Epstein’s contributions to both the Clinton Foundation and Bill Gates’ foundation, put him in touch with some of the most wealthy people in the world, who he also reportedly hosted on his private island.
In the wake of Epstein’s arrest on child abuse charges, it became apparent he and his co-conspirators had recruited vulnerable young girls for sexual purposes and for other acts that the accused claimed were not true but were only known to the Clintons, Gates, and others surrounding them at the time.

WSJ: Jeffrey Epstein’s Ties to JPMorgan Chase & Co. Deeper than Bank Has Acknowledged​

APRIL 23, 20231

Link: http://www.yourdestinationnow.com/2023/04/wsj-jeffrey-epsteins-ties-to-jpmorgan.html

epstein-1024x538.jpg

JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s ties to Jeffrey Epstein were much deeper and extensive than what the bank has acknowledged.
The relationship between JPMorgan and Epstein also lasted years beyond when the bank announced they were closing the sex offender’s accounts.
The bank also reportedly met with Epstein for years after his first conviction.

Banking officials held meetings at Jeffrey Epstein’s New York City townhouse between 2014 and 2017.
Reuters reported:
The bank has said it shut the convicted sex offender’s accounts in 2013, but its bankers were still meeting with him years later, people familiar with the matter said.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. had ties to Jeffrey Epstein that ran deeper than the bank has acknowledged and extended years beyond when it decided to close the convicted sex offender’s accounts, according to people familiar with the matter.
Mary Erdoes, a top lieutenant to Chief Executive Jamie Dimon, made two trips to Epstein’s townhouse on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, in 2011 and 2013, when Epstein still was a client of the bank, said the people familiar with the matter. She exchanged dozens of emails with him and discussed sharing with him fees related to a charitable fund the bank was considering launching, the people said.
John Duffy, who ran JPMorgan’s U.S. private bank for the ultrarich, went to Epstein’s townhouse for a meeting in April 2013, the people said. One month later, the private bank renewed an authorization allowing Epstein to borrow money against his accounts despite repeated warnings from compliance staffers about his unusual banking practices.
Justin Nelson, one of Epstein’s bankers at JPMorgan, had about a half-dozen meetings at Epstein’s townhouse between 2014 and 2017, the people said. He also traveled to Epstein’s ranch in New Mexico in 2016, the people said.

WSJ: Former Israeli PM and Head of Israeli Military Intelligence Ehud Barak Visited Jeffrey Epstein's Apartment Monthly​

Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
May. 04, 2023

Link: https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63741
ShareFacebookTwitterRedditTelegramVKEmail
space.gif

ehud-barak-jeffrey-epstein-regular-meetingsjpg.jpg
Former Israeli Prime Minister and head of Israeli Military Intelligence Ehud Barak visited Jeffrey Epstein's New York City apartment dozens of times between 2013 and 2017, documents obtained by the Wall Street Journal reveal.

"After Epstein was arrested in 2019, photos were published in newspapers showing Mr. Barak, the Israeli politician, entering Epstein's townhouse in 2016," WSJ reported.

"The documents provide new details about his scheduled meetings," WSJ continued. "They show that between 2013 and 2017, Epstein planned at least three dozen meetings with Mr. Barak. They had appointments every month for 11 consecutive months starting in December 2015, the documents show."
Mr. Barak told the Journal he was introduced to Epstein in 2003 by Shimon Peres, another former prime minister of Israel, at a social event with U.S. dignitaries, and that he would regularly visit Epstein when he traveled to New York. "Quite often, I came to the townhouse with my wife," Mr. Barak said. Mr. Peres died in 2016.

Mr. Barak also took flights on Epstein's private jet, the documents show. In January 2014, he met Epstein at his Palm Beach mansion and then they flew together to Tampa, where Epstein dropped him off and continued on to New York.

"I flew only twice on his airplane, together with my wife and Israeli security detail," Mr. Barak said. He said he remembers the trip in Florida was to visit a U.S. military installation in Tampa.

"I never participated in any party or any other improper event around [Epstein], and never met him with girls or minors, or even adult women in improper context or behavior," Mr. Barak said.
Barak was photographed "hiding his face" while entering Epstein's New York City townhouse in 2016.

Barak didn't say he was with his wife after getting exposed by the Daily Mail but did claim that he "never met Epstein in the company of women or young girls."

Epstein "entered a partnership worth millions" with Barak in 2015.

Pro-Israel billionaire Leon Black, who funded Epstein together with pro-Israel billionaire Les Wexner to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars, "scheduled more than 100 meetings with Epstein from 2013 to 2017," the WSJ reported.

Epstein also met with former US Secretary of the Treasury Larry Summers after his conviction for child solicitation:
Lawrence Summers wanted $1 million to fund an online poetry project his wife was developing. The former Treasury secretary and onetime Harvard University president turned to Jeffrey Epstein.

"I need small scale philanthropy advice. My life will be better if i raise $1m for Lisa," Mr. Summers said in an email to Epstein in April 2014, referring to his wife, Elisa New, a Harvard professor. "Mostly it will go to make it a pbs series and for teacher training. Ideas?"

Epstein replied that they could meet in Cambridge, Mass. Mr. Summers invited him to dinner, according to a trove of documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. Two days later they made plans to meet at The Fireplace, a cozy restaurant in nearby Brookline, one of several meetings the two men scheduled that year.

In 2016, a nonprofit linked to Epstein donated $110,000 to Ms. New's nonprofit, which develops video content about poetry, according to tax records.
Billionaire LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, who was caught staging a false flag operation with fake Russian bots to influence the Alabama Senate election in 2017, visited Jeffrey Epstein's "Pedophile Island," Epstein's records show.

Hoffman has been using his wealth to pour money into electing pro-Israel Democrats, fund the E. Jean Carroll's rape lawsuit against Donald Trump and work with George Soros to censor the internet.

From The Wall Street Journal:
[Reid] Hoffman, the LinkedIn co-founder, has apologized for his interactions with Epstein, including inviting him in 2015 to a dinner in Palo Alto with Silicon Valley leaders. After Epstein was arrested in 2019, Mr. Hoffman said he had met with him to help raise funds for MIT at the request of the then director of MIT's Media Lab, Joi Ito.

The documents reveal that Epstein had plans for Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Ito to visit his private island in March 2014 and in November 2014. On the second date, Epstein planned to travel with both men from Palm Beach to the island for a weekend and then fly together to Boston.

When the venture capitalist had a flight scheduled to land late at night in New York on Dec. 4, 2014, Epstein arranged for Mr. Hoffman to stay overnight in his townhouse, the documents show. The following morning, Mr. Hoffman was scheduled to attend a "breakfast party" with Epstein, Mr. Gates and others, according to the documents.

Mr. Hoffman told the Journal he only once visited Epstein's island residence, Little St. James, for an MIT fundraising trip with Mr. Ito. He said he regrets ever meeting with Epstein and his last interaction with Epstein was in 2015.

"It gnaws at me that, by lending my association, I helped his reputation, and thus delayed justice for his survivors," Mr. Hoffman said in an email. He said he met with Epstein to discuss science projects at universities. "While I relied on MIT's endorsement, ultimately I made the mistake," he said, "and I am sorry for my personal misjudgment."

Mr. Ito said in an email: "Reid attended a few fundraising events at my request, including one trip to Little St. James, after I confirmed to Reid that Mr. Epstein had been an approved donor target for MIT in accordance with university rules and regulations."
Mr. Hoffman here is the real victim, folks!

I guess it's just a coincidence that Epstein was in bed with the former Israeli Prime Minister and head of Israeli Military Intelligence, was funded by pro-Israel billionaires and was giving large donations to the man who Netanyahu wanted to run the Bank of Israel.

Epstein must have been working for the Russians!

EBoykV1XUAA0k4U.jpg

Google co-founder Larry Page subpoenaed for records related to sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, who allegedly courted Page as a client for JPMorgan Chase​

Link: https://legitgov.org/google-co-foun...-sex-trafficker-jeffrey-epstein-who-allegedly

Fri, 05/05/2023 - 00:18 — legitgov

Google co-founder Larry Page subpoenaed for records related to sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, who allegedly courted Page as a client for JPMorgan Chase --Last month, Page's Google co-founder Sergey Brin was also subpoenaed in the case, along with billionaires Mortimer Zuckerman and Thomas Pritzker | 3 May 2023 | Google co-founder Larry Page is being subpoenaed for records related to sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, who allegedly courted Page as a client for JPMorgan Chase. Late last year, the U.S. Virgin Islands government and a victim of Epstein separately sued the multinational bank, claiming it participated in and profited off Epstein's sex ring. Now, in the litigation's latest salvo, the Caribbean territory is seeking documents from Page--including communications about "Epstein's role" in his finances--from 2002 through present day. The subpoena also requests correspondence between Page and Epstein, and Page and JPMorgan; documents showing fees the Google billionaire paid to Epstein or JPMorgan; and records touching on "Epstein’s involvement in human trafficking and/or his procurement of girls or women for commercial sex." In a legal filing on Thursday, the Virgin Islands asked a federal judge to authorize alternative service on Page after it was apparently unable to find him.

New Security Details Emerge In Jeffrey Epstein Case​

Link: https://www.oann.com/newsroom/new-security-details-emerge-in-jeffrey-epstein-case/

epsteinn.webp
(Photo by JOHANNES EISELE/AFP via Getty Images)
OAN’s Brooke Mallory
3:05 PM – Tuesday, June 27, 2023

According to a report released on Tuesday by the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General, staff at the prison where Jeffrey Epstein was held while awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking charges committed “significant misconduct,” including potentially criminal behavior, creating conditions that allegedly allowed him to commit suicide in 2019.

The report asserted that employees at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York failed to assign Epstein a new cellmate after he was placed on suicide watch.
The staff also reportedly failed to adequately supervise the Special Housing Unit where he was held prior to his death and failed to ensure the facility’s security camera system could record video, among other errors.
“The combination of negligence, misconduct, and outright job performances failures documented in today’s report all contributed to an environment in which arguably one of the most notorious inmates in BOP’s custody was left unmonitored and alone in his cell with an excess of prison linens, thereby providing him with the opportunity to take his own life,” said Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department’s inspector general.
However, many online users have already expressed skepticism regarding the surfacing report, alluding to theories and beliefs that the Epstein scandal was part of a larger operation involving governmental forces, and that his and Ghislaine’s very affluent and influential clients orchestrated Epstein’s murder so that he would not be able to testify or give any names.
According to the investigation, Epstein was granted special amenities that were not made available to other detainees, such as the chance to make unmonitored, unrecorded phone calls, which occurred on August 9th, the night before he died.
The investigation noted that Epstein was allowed to use an unrecorded phone line used by detainees to call their attorneys after meeting with his lawyers that night. He allegedly informed a prison guard that he wanted to contact his mother, who died in 2004, but then dialed a number with a “646” area code.
A prison employee informed the inspector general that a man first answered the phone call, and then he handed the receiver to Epstein.
The individual that Epstein spoke to, who is not mentioned by name but is characterized as female in the report, declined to be questioned by the inspector general, but the unnamed woman’s lawyer notified the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office that she was in Belarus at the time of the call.
The unnamed woman’s attorney claimed that Epstein discussed with her how the “press had gotten crazy,” and they also discussed personal things such as “books, music, and hygiene” while incarcerated.
Regarding the reported “special accommodations,” Epstein was discovered to have amassed “excess” linens, with mounds of orange linens scattered across the floor and on many mattresses, as shown in an image of his cell provided in the investigative report.
According to the attendant who discovered Epstein’s body, Epstein had “an orange string, presumably from a sheet or a shirt, around his neck that was tied to the top portion of the bunkbed.”
While the report does not explain the reason why Epstein was given accommodations while other inmates were not, one inmate voiced to the inspector general that corrections officers “were on ‘eggshells’ around Epstein” and that if officers had denied his requests, he would threaten to report them to his lawyer.
Tova Noel and Michael Thomas, two prison employees who were on duty in the Special Housing Unit the night Epstein died, had previously been accused of manipulating prison records. However, those accusations were eventually dropped when they completed their deferred prosecution agreements.
The investigative report discovered four other personnel who either fabricated fake documents, had a “lack of candor,” or made false statements in connection, all of which could result in criminal charges.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Manhattan declined to prosecute the workers who were discovered to have created fraudulent documentation. It is still unclear if the employees accused of “lack of candor” or those making fraudulent claims will face punishment.
A spokeswoman for the United States Attorney’s Office in Manhattan did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
While a plethora of theories have swirled around Epstein’s death since 2019, the medical examiner in New York City “confirmed” that Epstein died by suicide, and the FBI claimed that it was not the consequence of a criminal act.
According to the inspector general’s report, “While the OIG determined MCC New York staff engaged in significant misconduct and dereliction of their duties, we did not uncover evidence contradicting the FBI’s determination regarding the absence of criminality in connection with Epstein’s death.”
The inspector general offered eight suggestions to the Bureau of Prisons, including implementing a protocol for assigning a cellmate following suicide watch or psychiatric monitoring, and the bureau agreed.
The MCC has been closed down since late 2021, when the DOJ stated that it required renovations.

Update: Removed the word “very” from 5th paragraph.

Back