The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Woman nearly sexually assaulted after asking stranger for directions on subway​

By
Tina Moore

September 25, 2022 3:06pm
Updated

NYPD release video of alleged suspect in subway sexual assault

A woman who asked a stranger for directions at a Brooklyn subway station was attacked by him before MTA workers scared him away, cops say.
The 36-year-old victim was on a southbound C subway around 2:45 a.m. Friday when she asked the unknown man for directions, cops said.
“He said, ‘Follow me, and I’ll show you where to go,’” a police source said.
Both the man and the victim exited the train at the Lafayette Avenue station, cops said. On the platform, the man then turned around and exposed his genitals to the victim, according to police.
The man also grabbed the victim and attempted to force her to engage in oral sex but then fled the location because two MTA workers arrived, cops said.
1_th.jpg

00:01 01:08
The victim was not physically injured during the incident.

1 of 4

Suspect.
The suspect told the victim "follow me, and I'll show you where to go," before leading her off the train. DCPI

Suspect.
On the platform, the man turned around and exposed his genitals to the victim. DCPI

Suspect.
The suspect grabbed the victim and attempted to force her to engage in oral sex. DCPI

Suspect.
The suspect fled the station after two MTA workers arrived on the scene. DCPI

The man being sought is described by cops as having a medium complexion and medium build and was last seen wearing a red baseball hat, a red t-shirt with the Nike logo on the front, black pants and white sneakers.

Surveillance video and photos were released by DCPI.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/ or on Twitter @NYPDTips.

All calls are strictly confidential.

Back