White toddler killed, adult critically injured in Clarksville, TN shooting; negro arrested

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
http://www.wsmv.com/story/30184612/...-clarksville-2nd-victim-in-critical-condition

Toddler killed, adult critically injured in Clarksville shooting
Posted: Oct 05, 2015 2:22 AM PST
Updated: Oct 05, 2015 3:59 PM PST
8951100_G.jpg

CLARKSVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

The search continues for the gunman who killed a 2-year-old boy and critically injured an adult man in Clarksville.

Police were called out to the 900 block of Princeton Drive just after 11 p.m. Sunday.

According to officers, 2-year-old Joseph Bankston was at was at home with his grandmother, mother, her boyfriend and Joseph’s 1-year-old sister when the shooting happened.

Candace Johnson, a neighbor and Joseph’s babysitter, told Channel 4 she received a frantic call from the grandmother telling her to call 911. She said someone knocked on the door, broke in and started shooting.

“She just called me and she was yelling, telling me to call 911,” Johnson said. “I called 911, and she told me Joseph had been shot.

Johnson said Joseph was shot in the head and killed. His mother’s boyfriend was also shot. He was flown to Vanderbilt in critical condition.

Neighbors said there are a lot of children and some military families in the neighborhood.

"I'm like, who could it be, you know? I think that car drives around here a few times and if someone had maybe turned him in or said something weird was going on before, it wouldn't have happened," said neighbor Jennifer Marchisio.

Police told Channel 4 they need the public’s help in finding Joseph’s killer, who remains on the run.

“If anybody knows anything, please come forward,” Johnson said. “He doesn’t deserve to die that way.”

The suspected gunman is described as a black man who was wearing a long black coat with a hood and a gray checkered shirt. He was driving a maroon Chevrolet Impala.

Re: White toddler killed, adult critically injured in Clarksville, TN shooting; negro sought

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/state-offers-15k-reward-in-toddlers-shooting-death

Police Release Sketch Of Suspect In Toddler's Shooting Death
12:17 PM, Oct 14, 2015

BankstonShootingSketch_1444846206015_25226467_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. - Police have released a sketch of the alleged gunman who shot and killed a toddler inside a Clarksville home.

Joseph Bankston was fatally shot inside his Clarksville home on October 4 when a man came into the home, asked for a jumper cable, and opened fire. Police said the suspect intentionally shot the boy.

Re: White toddler killed, adult critically injured in Clarksville, TN shooting; negro sought

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...-year-old-shot-death-middle-tennessee/330658/

BREAKING: Arrest made after 2-year-old shot to death in Middle Tennessee
October 15th, 2015

635804672546020186-Alexander-Zachary.jpg

Police in Tennessee say they have arrested a Kentucky man in the fatal shooting of a 2-year-old boy.

Media cited a statement from Clarksville police saying 21-year-old Zackery Alexander of Hopkinsville, Kentucky, was charged on Wednesday with criminal homicide in the death of 2-year-old Joseph Bankston. The police statement said the boy's shooting was "intentional."

Back