Ugly Groid Uber Driver Charged with Sex Assault

sniffy

Senior Reporter
old black joe, he takes ms. daisy for a ride

Uber driver accused of sexual assault on drive from Thornhill to Toronto

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/uber-driv...-on-drive-from-thornhill-to-toronto-1.3113894
Published Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:19PM EDT
An Uber driver has been charged after a woman said she was sexually assaulted during a ride from Thornhill to Toronto in September.
The incident occurred on Sept. 23 at 3:55 a.m. after a 20-year-old woman ordered an Uber ride.
She told police a man came to pick her up to take her to Toronto. During the ride, she said she was sexually assaulted.
The woman called police to tell them what happened on Oct. 8.
Toronto resident Nephat Siziba, 55, was later arrested and charged with sexual assault.
He appeared in court on Oct. 9.
Police are still concerned there are other victims and have released photographs of the man as well as the vehicle they believe the girl was in at the time of the alleged assault.
Anyone with information should contact police at 416-808-5300.

image.jpg

• https://nationalpost.com › news › toronto › toronto-woman-says-uber-driver-demanded-oral-sex-for-fare-when-she-refused-he-offered-to-pay-her

Toronto woman says Uber driver demanded oral sex for fare. When she ...

• Toronto woman says Uber driver demanded oral sex for fare. When she refused, he offered to pay her​

Toronto police have charged at least three Uber drivers in the last year with sexual assault and have a warrant out for the arrest of another
    Author of the article:
    Victor Ferreira
    Published Oct 21, 2016 • 4 minute read
    Erika Szabo says an Uber driver demanded that she give him oral sex to pay for her fare.
    Erika Szabo says an Uber driver demanded that she give him oral sex to pay for her fare.

Article content​

Erika Szabo’s phone had died just before the Uber she ordered pulled up to a busy downtown Toronto intersection on Oct. 16. She thought she was being courteous when she told her driver that she didn’t know if her $12 payment for the ride had gone through.

Because Uber drivers can’t accept cash, the driver, Szabo said, came up with an idea.

“You’re going to have to do something for me,” he allegedly said, as Szabo, 28, shuddered.

The driver, described as an Asian man in his mid 30s driving a dark red Nissan Sentra, spent the next ten minutes suggesting that Szabo provide him with oral sex or flash her breasts as payment. When that didn’t work, he had one more suggestion, Szabo said.

• ANDREW CABALLERO-REYNOLDS/AFP/Getty Images
    “Well how about I pay you for a blow job?” Szabo said the driver asked, calmly turning to look at her in the back seat while driving.

The driver, whose identity remains unknown, was removed from the Uber app and can no longer drive for the ride sharing service, said Kayla Wayling, a company spokeswoman. Toronto police confirmed an investigation is ongoing. The incident, however, is the latest in a growing number of sexually fuelled encounters that have led to police investigating and laying charges on Uber drivers in the Toronto area.

Szabo, a YouTube entertainer, is still shaken, calling the experience “traumatic.”

“I thought it was a sick joke,” she said. “But it gets scary very quickly.

“I thought he was going to lock me in (the car).”

I’m trying to connect people and show that even if you are a victim, it doesn’t mean that you’re not a strong person
    During the unnerving encounter, Szabo said, the driver was casual about his advances, even describing his alleged offer to pay her as “no big deal” because “it’s not like I’m asking you for sex.”

Last edited:
Back