UC Assistant Basketball Coach Suspended for DUI

Brewski

Registered
UC Assistant Basketball Coach Suspended For DUI

Keith LeGree
legree.jpg

Another coach with the University of Cincinnati men's basketball team has been charged with driving under the influence.

Cincinnati police say they found assistant coach Keith LeGree slumped over in his car around 7 p.m. Wednesday night on Central Parkway.

Police say Legree was unresponsive and the doors to his SUV were locked. Police shook the vehicle to wake him up.

During the investigation, LeGree has been suspended without pay, but won't get benefits and won't be allowed around the team.

The Director of Athletics, Bob Goin, says he is shocked by the arrest, especially in lig
ht of the drunk driving incident involving head basketball coach, Bob Huggins, in June 2004.

Goin says LeGree was careless
and that he should have been more aware of the consequences in light of Huggins' DUI conviction.

LeGree has been a part of the coaching staff for five seasons.

He was also a point guard with the Bearcats from 1994 to 1996.

The U.C. men's basketball season ended Saturday with a loss to Kentucky in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

I'd like to nominate this negro for The Annual NNN Forum Goofiest Looking Nigger Award. The winner gets a lifetime supply of KFC (not applicable to the currently incarcerated).

Originally posted by direwulf@Mar 24 2005, 09:50 PM
I'd like to nominate this negro for The Annual NNN Forum Goofiest Looking Nigger Award. The winner gets a lifetime supply of KFC (not applicable to the currently incarcerated).
Here's a better picture of him, Direwolf.

UC Coach Speaks Out After Arrest, Suspension

4315028.jpg
(image from slideshow at link)

CINCINNATI -- An assistant coach at the University of Cin
cinnati was arrested and charged with driving under the influence this week. Now the UC community is reacting to the newest blow to the program.

School officials suspended the men's basketball assistant coach, Keith Legree, 33, after he was arrested Wednesday night.

Witnesses said Legree was slumped over in his sport utility vehicle about
one mile from campus when police found him. Police said they had to violently shake Legree and his truck just to wake him.

According to a police report, he tested a blood-alcohol level of .264. The legal limit in Ohio is .08.

(.264.. ole Keith was definitely throwin' em down!)

"I don't want to resign. I want to do what's best for the program and for the city. I don't want to divorce myself from the University. I hope I can stay," Legree said.

Acting on the advice of his attorney, Legree would not comment on the events of Wednesday night.

Legree s
aid he never had a problem at the school during his years as a player and coach. He said he cleaned out his office, but he hopes to return next season.

------------------

Uh oh, this negro didn't even make excuses or blame whitey.. rare nowadays for that species.

Back