Tribal Warfare breaks out at VIBE Awards

Gman

News Editor

Fight at Vibe awards; one person stabbed

story.vibe.ap.jpg

Fight at Vibe awards; one person stabbed
Police spokesman: 'It was somewhat chaotic in there'Tuesday, November 16, 2004 Posted: 8:42 AM EST (1342 GMT)

A man holds a chair during the melee at the Vibe awards.

SANTA MONICA, California (AP) -- A fight broke out near the stage at the Vibe awards ceremony as rapper Snoop Dogg and producer Quincy Jones were preparing to honor Dr. Dre., and one person was stabbed, authorities and witnesses said.

Dozens of people sitting near the stage Monday inside a hangar at the Santa Monic

a Municipal Airport began shoving each other as the show wound down about 7:30 p.m., a photographer who covered the event for The Associ
ated Press said.

News video showed chairs being thrown, punches flying, people chasing one another and some being restrained.

It was unclear if the stabbing preceded or followed the fight. The victim, a 26-year-old man, was taken to a hospital and was listed in stable condition.

No arrests were made.

Witness Frank Williams told KCAL-TV that Dr. Dre was involved in the brawl.

"I saw Dr. Dre fighting somebody," Williams said. "I don't know if he was fighting back. But there was a guy taken out basically bloodied."

Andrea Ferguson, employed by a public relations firm that worked with Vibe for the awards ceremony, called the incident a "disruption" ( I prefer the term TNB myself!!) but declined to provide details. She added the show was allowed to continue b
ut i
t was halted for about five minutes.

Dr. Dre, who was scheduled to receive a Vibe Legend Award for his lifetime contributions to hip-hop, had not come on stage yet when the fight erupted. Jones an
d Snoop Dogg stood on stage without saying anything.

"My understanding is that it was somewhat chaotic in there," police Lt. Frank Fabrega said in a press conference following the fight.

About 1,000 people attended the event; some scurried for the exits when melee began.

"It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.

The show was taped Monday and was expected to be broadcast Tuesday. R&B singer Usher led the awards with five nominations, followed by Alicia Keys, who has four nominations.

Vibe magazine focuses on urban culture and entertainment. The awards are voted on by music journalists and "regional tastemakers."

Whenever a large gr
oup of n
iggers get together, you can bet the ranch that TNB will happen, it always does!! NIggers cannot help but act like the savages they are so this is yet another classic example of TNB!!! I hope they show the video but probably not!!
I am surprised nobody got shot!!! Funny though when niggers shoot other niggers over nothing!!!! Works for me!!

Gman

["It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.]

Is that because you have riots every year, Urko?

I saw the video on the news today. It looked like someone threw a banana into the monkey cage.

Too bad the k*kenvermin who profit from these beasts weren't there.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/11162004_...e_stabbing.html

Stabbing at Vibe Awards

SANTA MONICA, CA-November 16, 2004 --A fight broke out near the stage at the Vibe awards ceremony as rapper Snoop Dogg and producer Quincy Jones were preparing to honor Dr. Dre., and one person was stabbed, authorities and witnesses said.

Dozens of people sitting near the stage Monday inside a hangar at the Santa Monica airport began shoving each other as the show wound down about 7:30 p.m. News video showed chairs being thrown, punches flying, people chasing one another and some being restrained.

It was unclear if the stabbing preceded or followed the fight. The victim, a 26-year-old man, was taken to a hospital and was listed in stable condition.

No arrests were made.

Witnes

s Frank Williams said Dr. Dre was involved in the brawl

"I saw Dr. Dre fighting somebody," Williams told KCAL-TV. "I don't know if he was fighting back. But there was a guy taken out basically bloodied."

The Los Angeles Times, citing an unnamed associate of Dr. Dre, said the melee broke out as the acclaimed hip-hop producer was sitting at a front-row table waiting to receive the Vibe Legend Award. A man walked up to Dr. Dre's table and punched him, and Dr. Dre's bodyguards went after the man, the associate said.

Dr. Dre, who was scheduled to receive a the award for his lifetime contributions to hip-hop, had not come on stage yet when the fight erupted. Jones and Snoop Dogg stood on stage without saying anything.

"My understanding is that it was somewhat chaotic in there," police Lt. Frank Fabrega said in a press conference following the fight.

Andrea Ferguson, employed by a public relations firm that worked with Vibe
for
the second annual awards ceremony, called the incident a "disruption" but declined to provide details. She
added the show was allowed to continue but it was halted for about five minutes.

About 1,000 people attended the event; some scurried for the exits when the melee began. The show was taped Monday and was expected to be broadcast Tuesday.

"It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.

Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and the late Tupac Shakur were among the artists signed to Knight's Death Row Records during its height in the early 1990s. After leaving the label, Dr. Dre started the highly successful Aftermath Records, which has signed stars including Eminem.

When Knight was released in 2001 from a five-year prison term for assault and weapons violations, Dr. Dre obtained a court order to keep Knight away from him, The Times said. It was unclear whether the
order re
mained in effect Monday.

Vibe magazine focuses on nigger culcha and entertainment. The awards are voted on by music journalists and "regional ta
stemakers." R&B singer Usher led the awards with five nominations, followed by Alicia Keys, who has four nominations.

lol hey everybody, come see how the nice civilized savages behave at an awards ceremony.A BOOGA BOOGA niggers :african:

041117youngbuck.jpg

Nashville Rapper Sought For Vibe Award Stabbing

Police are searching for a Nashville rapper who's accused of stabbing a man during a fight at the Vibe Awards Monday in Santa Monica, California.

Police were searching for David Brown, better known as Young Buck.

Brown was accused of stabbing a man who punched hip-hop legend Dr. Dre at Monday night's award show.

The victim was listed in stable condition.

Dozens of people sitting near the stage got involved in the fight and threw chairs.

No arrests have been made.

Brown signed to Dr. Dre's record label. His debut solo album, Straight Outta Cashville, was relea

sed in August.

Wake up America and smell the Music City negro!

T.N.B.

Typical nigger gathering.

How come only one stabing? Was there a kinife shortage?

Young Buck draws focus to Nashville, friends say

Police in California yesterday continued looking for Nashville rapper Young Buck, as his fellow performers in Nashville rapped about the artist and his place in music.

Young Buck, who grew up in north Nashville as David Brown, is being sought in connection with a stabbing at Monday night's Vibe Awards, an assault apparently sparked when Buck's musical mentor, Dr. Dre, was punched just before being handed a lifetime achievement award.

Buck fled the Santa Monica airport hangar where the awards show was being taped, police Lt. Frank Fabrega said in a statement. A warrant was being prepared alleging assault with a deadly weapon.

Buck, 23, is a member of superstar 50 Cent's G Unit
r
posse. He released his debut solo album, Straight Out
ta Ca$hville, in August, and it debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard charts.

''He brought national attention to Nashville, you can't deny that. What he did was amazing for hip-hop and Nashville,'' says Stacy Jones, better known as Coffee, half of Nashville Christian rap duo Grits. ''I never met him officially, but from what I've seen he seems like a positive cat. He's been all about the (Nashville) community. That causes me to think that despite everything on the news, you know, the story's always deeper. It's sad and it's tragic --my prayers go out to his family and everyone he loves. But, if you perpetuate that lifestyle, it always catches up with you.''

Young Buck was scheduled for a Nashville show with DJ Tazz Daddy, Trillville and Omar Tyree on Friday night at Gateway Entertainment Complex. A phone number listed for ticket information yesterday had a disconnected-line
no
tice.

California authorities contacted Metro police in Nashville. ''We did get a call y
esterday from Santa Monica who asked us to send them a mugshot of this fella and his prior arrest history, which we did. That was the contact,'' said Don Aaron, Metro police spokesman.

Brown has an arrest record in Nashville with seven charges, including domestic assault, reckless driving, possession of controlled substance and driver's license violations. The affidavit in the domestic-assault case stated the victim, a girlfriend, showed physical signs of injury but did not wish to prosecute; that case was dismissed. Brown pleaded guilty to two counts of possession or casual exchange of a controlled substance, both misdemeanors. The other cases were dismissed or untraceable.

Monday night's incident was sparked as Snoop Dogg and Vibe magazine founder Quincy Jones were about to give Dre a lifetime-achievement award. A man later identified as Jimmy James Johnson approa
ched Dr
e, seated at a table in front of the stage, and appeared to ask for an autograph before punching Dre, police said. D
uring the ensuing fight, some in the audience of about 1,000 scurried for exits. Alicia Keys, the night's top winner with awards for artist of the year and best R&B song, was among them.

''Brown is clearly depicted (on videotape) as holding a knife after the assault and is one of a number of fight participants that was pepper-sprayed by officers in their attempt to stop this fight,'' Police Chief James Butts said in a news conference. ''We're asking Mr. David Darnell Brown to surrender himself to police.''

Johnson, 26, was in stable condition at a hospital yesterday.

For those who listen to Buck and G Unit's hard-core rhymes, it's no surprise that Buck would spring to the defense of his godfather Dre, one of the architects of gangsta rap. One of those followers is Nashville rapper Cadence, (given name Matthew Ela
m), 22, who
met Young Buck coming up in the local underground hip-hop scene.

Cadence says he hasn't talked to Young Buck since Monday and doesn't know whe
re he is, but said he would let him stay at his house if he turned up in Nashville.

WEB_1118-A-YOUNGBUCK2.jpg

Young Buck, left, and Cadence

''He's good people and he looks out for the people around him,'' Cadence said. ''He's always looked out for me and he looks out for everybody as far as the hip-hop scene in Nashville. If he did it --which I'm not saying he did --but if he did, he did it looking out for Dre.''

Although Cadence worries about how this will affect Young Buck's life, he does believe it will boost his music.

''Any publicity is good publicity; everybody kinda accepts that. I think we all kn
ow that part of
the reason 50 Cent did the biggest debut release ever is because he got shot nine times and he had a beef with (rapper) Ja (Rule). And honestly when I got in my car this morning, the first CD I put in was Young Buck because I wanted to hear it just because he was on my min
d. So I think him bein' in the news and us seein' the video of it, if nothing else, it's just gonna put him on our minds more. And also it's one of those things where you see, 'Oh, OK, Young Buck was really real like all the stuff he talks about in his songs, he really does that.

''With Young Buck somebody hits his boy, his mentor, somebody he grew up listening to, he handles his business. And again I don't know if he did it or not, but if he did, then that kinda makes me, 'OK, so everything that he's talking about he really does do it.' So I think that will help his record sales. Now will it help him? No, because he might end up doin' 10, 12 years for it.''<b
r>
Cadence, now there's a piece of $hit if there ever was one. I expect negritude from niggers. I actually hate whiggers worse than niggers.

T.N.B.

There is a Christion rap duo? Isn't that an oxymoron?

BTW, everyone at the ceremony had to go through a metal detector except for the performers. But hell, they are the ones who are most likely packing.

61738792.jpg

Police: Surrender of rapper being discussed

People in the Nashville rap community rallied around Young Buck yesterday, while Santa Monica, Calif., detectives seeking him in connection with a stabbing were negotiating with an attorney for his surrender.

Young Buck, 23, whose real name is David Darnell Brown, is accused of stabbing a man at Monday night's Vibe Awards in California; the incident apparently was sparked when the Nashville rapper's musical mentor, Dr. Dre, was punched just before being handed a lifetime achievement award.

A surrender agreement was in the works with an unidentified attorn

ey last night, Santa Monica police said. In Nashville, people continued to talk about one of their own, who
is a member of superstar 50 Cent's G Unit rap group and whose debut solo album, Straight Outta Ca$hville, made its debut in August at No. 3 on the Billboard charts.

The reaction of Earl Jordan, founder of Partners in the Struggle, an anti-violence community group, was to organize a rally tomorrow in support of the local rapper. The rally is scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Mary & Charles W. Pruitt Library, 117 Charles E. Davis Blvd.

''We're just gonna be "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦ sending prayers to Young Buck,'' Jordan said. ''I don't want to disregard the actual violent behavior that has transpired if he was the one who has done this, but we also want to build a dialogue from the community, from everyone, from teenagers to people who just listen to rap music and music in itself, to state this is what's going on in the music industry as far as with rappers, a
ll r
appers.

''I feel that the media in some form was already convicting him of this, and we don't have all of the story. So we just wanted
to build a dialogue, and hopefully he will go ahead and turn himself in.''

Tazz Daddy, a DJ at WNPL-FM (Blazin' 106.7) and a close friend of the rapper's, is frustrated by reaction to the incident. The rapper was supposed to make an appearance tonight at a birthday party in Tazz Daddy's honor.

''I talked to my listeners last night about it on the air and off the mike, and the sentiment is the same: No one really knows what happened,'' said Tazz, whose given name is David Steven Anderson. ''And because Buck has shown this city so much love on so many levels, the city is standing behind him. At least the part of the city that doesn't fear or clutch their pocketbooks when they see somebody who looks like Young Buck coming their way.''

Nash
ville Metro Police had been contacted Wednesday for Brown's arrest record but knew nothing else yesterday about the case.

Monday night, Brown left the hangar at the suburban Santa Monica Airport, where the award
s show was being taped, before the show's conclusion. Authorities issued an arrest warrant for Brown in the stabbing of Jimmy James Johnson, 26, a Los Angeles parolee. Johnson was in stable condition at a hospital.

Police Chief James Butts said Brown was ''clearly depicted as holding a knife after the assault and is one of a number of fight participants that was pepper-sprayed by officers in their attempt to stop this fight.''

Last night Lt. Frank Fabrega said detectives had been in contact with New York attorney Scott Leemon representing the rapper. ''We're encouraging (Brown) to surrender,'' Fabrega said.

Leemon released a printed statement yesterday, saying Brown would ''surrender in the near future and then
be released
on bail.''

''It's a hectic situation,'' said Tazz Daddy, who would neither confirm nor deny whether he has talked with Brown since the Vibe Awards.

''Here is how I feel overall: There's a double standard in Nashville. One where if something were to h
appen --be it positive or negative --to a country singer, the media would give that country singer the benefit of the doubt. "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦ You cannot take 30 seconds of a video without knowing all three sides of the story: his side, the victim's side and the truth.''

The rapper's mother, Audrey Horn, yesterday told The Associated Press from her Nashville home that police are not being fair because Brown is being ''treated like a real live criminal when the man who attacked Dr. Dre is being treated like a victim.''

She said of her son: ''Yes, he is into gangsta rap, but that doesn't make him a criminal.''

Tazz said he has seen a m
uch different s
ide of the rapper than people are seeing in the video.

''Last year, Young Buck stood outside of a Kmart with me and signed autographs and gave money and donated toys to children. There wasn't one camera. My phone didn't ring once with a reporter, there were no TV crews, The Associated Press did not ring my phone off the hook.
Young Buck is almost platinum, there was no camera, there was no one asking how I felt as his friend to watch somebody come from nothing to make himself out to be one of the biggest rappers in the game right now.''

There you have it folks, negroes always support negro criminals. Wake up America.

T.N.B.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20041202/...G=home&SEC=news

Report: 'Suge' Knight Eyed in Vibe Brawl

PEOPLE_KNIGHT.sff_NYET136_20041201143057.jpg

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Police and probation officials have been reviewing video of the melee at the Vibe Awards show to determine if rap producer Marion "Suge" Knight played a role in the altercation.

Knight has denied any involvement in the incident in which a man struck Dr. Dre twice, sparking a brawl in which the attacker was stabbed and seriously injured.

Dre, who real name is Andre Young, met with authorities Monday at the Santa Monica police station and demanded that his attacker, Jimmy &quot

;James" Johnson, be charged with assault and battery.

Videotape shows Johnson punching Dre on Nov. 16 at the second
annual awards show. Johnson was then stabbed, allegedly by Young Buck, a rapper who is a protege of Dr. Dre.

Young Buck, whose real name is David Darnell Brown, surrendered Nov. 19 to authorities and is scheduled to be arraigned Dec. 20.

Knight and Dre co-founded Death Row Records in the early 1990s and produced hits from rappers such as Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg. The two, however, had a falling out in the mid-1990s.

Knight was released from prison in 2001 after serving time for assault and weapons violations and the conditions for his parole ban him from having any contact with Dre.

Knight entered the awards show without an invitation and sat just a few feet behind Drew, who was receiving a lifetime achievement award.

Attorney Milton Grimes, who once represented Knight and now represents Johnson, denied any involvement by Knight.

&quo
t;As far as I know, my client has not ties whatsoever to Suge Knight," Crimes told the Los Angeles Times.

The Times, citing unidentified sources,
said Santa Monica police and agents from the state Department of Corrections have been interviewing witnesses and reviewing video footage to examine Knight's actions before, during and after the melee.

"We are conducting an investigation to determine whether any parole violations took place with (Knight) at the awards show," Alfred Martinez, Los Angeles regional parole administrator for the Corrections Department, told the Times.

"Mr. Knight has some special conditions attached to his parole, and we are working with the Santa Monica police to evaluate all the circumstances that took place that evening," Martinez said.

3086273_BG1.jpg

Arrests made at 'Young Buck' birthday party

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Nashville police say rapper Young Buck's birthday party got out of hand overnight.

Young Buck had rented "The Trap" and was going to perform, but the party was over before he took the stage.

Shotgun-carrying security guards called city police for help when nearly 700 people who gathered outside the club tried to rush it. About 30 officers responded.

Police Lieutenant Calvin Hullett says he tried to get the rapper to help police restore order, but he refused.

Instead, Hullett says, some of Young Buck's peo

ple apparently used a microphone to urge people inside the club to "trash it" as it was being closed. Hullett says quite a bit of da
mage was done inside the building.

Three people were arrested on minor charges. There were no reports of injuries.

The Nashville-native rapper has pleaded innocent to an assault charge in Los Angeles. He's accused of stabbing a man during a fight at the Vibe Awards in November.

Ain't dat juss like a nigger, so the story goes...

T.N.B.

I guess I didn't hear about it at the time but this whole incident sounds hilarious. You all may remember this but it's news to me.

Apes chimp out at gorilla show

Man who punched Dr. Dre at Vibe Awards sentenced

LOS ANGELES --A man was sentenced Wednesday to a year in jail after he pleaded guilty to punching Dr. Dre at the Vibe Awards last year.

The judge also sentenced Jimmy James Johnson, 27, to three years probation and ordered him to stay away from Dre for three years, said Deputy District Attorney Hamid Towfigh.

Johnson punched Dre after asking for his autograph during a taping of the show on Nov. 15, setting off a chair-throwing brawl that spread through the crowd.

Johnson was allegedly stabbed by rapper
r
r
Young Buck after punching Dre.
Buck, whose given name is David Darnell Brown,
has pleaded not guilty and is free on bail awaiting trial.

Dre, a veteran producer and crap star whose given name is Andre [Mighty Joe] Young, was about to receive a lifetime achievement award when he was assaulted.

:rotfl:

Back